Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,053 members, 7,906,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (296145 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2011
No be only me go hear this one.

A bricklayer is charging N250k to set 1000 blocks I guess in a 3 bedroom bungalow.

I'll be visiting tomorrow to see what he wants to do. Maybe we can learn new things. Lagos, Na Wa O!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2011
N250 per block!!! I've seen the plan - its not as BIG as Am Alone's house and the charges excludes the cost of German Floor.

More updates later tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Chaircover, congratulations!

I'm saying a big Amen to your prayers.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bugmenot: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2011
Beautiful house, chaircover! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bugmenot: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2011
@spyder880: forgive my oliver twisty nature but you did not answer my question on page 31 about ogbefi_007's plan on page 30, I'm guessing you missed it. Any info. you can provide to we laymen will be greatly appreciated.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2011
Chaircover and uncle table cover, that is one cute house . . . congratulations
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2011
//
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by activist11(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2011

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 1:08am On Oct 03, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 1:25am On Oct 03, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:58am On Oct 03, 2011
chaircover:

Thank you very much folks.

Femi mind yourself angry grin

Anyone got advice on the best way to sort out the exterior please. I prefer interlock but I have seen so many these days that have weeds [/b]etc growing through. I dont like concrete because It looks untidy, grass will need constant cutting and I have been told that tar is very expensive

[b]I am not sure if they have the way of doing it in Nigeria, but there are surely some material that you could lay underneath the bricks that will prevent the weed from growing through . . .Also, once you have it, you could buy some chemical to control the weed and in a nation like Nigeria where house-helps are like 10 people for 10K you will be able to easily get someone dedicated to take care of the weed.

i think the interlock will make that house look cute.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 2:19am On Oct 03, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I am not sure if they have the way of doing it in Nigeria, [b]but there are surely some material that you could lay underneath the bricks that will prevent the weed from growing through . . .Also, once you have it, you could buy some chemical to control the weed and in a nation like Nigeria where house-helps are like 10 people for 10K you will be able to easily get someone dedicated to take care of the weed.

i think the interlock will make that house look cute.[/b]

very correct.

@ chaircover you can have concrete that looks interlocked , I have seen this done,where they pour the concrete then a metal plate with polygon design pressed on to make the shapes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:28am On Oct 03, 2011
olubuffett:

very correct.

@ chaircover you can have concrete that looks interlocked , I have seen this done,where they pour the concrete then a metal plate with polygon design pressed on to make the shapes.

That is another idea . . . .But please if you have pix of sample work done like that, please post.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2011
//
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2011
@ chaircover, I will show you a picture of a good interlock job and a bad one gone wrong, let me finish playing with the kids as today is a holiday jare!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2011
@lord sypder880, Abeg after u play with the kids finish please meet me and bugmenot for class room, in Ref to pages 30/31! We ll be waiting for the leacture! U need to answer oh. We ll not relent asking u till u answer us!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That is another idea . . . .But please if you have pix of sample work done like that, please post.

femmo this was done in London no pic was taken o. saw about it about 3 years ago.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
chaircover:

Thanks guys

Yes please I will like to see a pic of the concrete interlock.

I know that they put a liner under the interlock but Ive seen places where the weeds trying to come through push the interlock out and once one brick is out the others begin to come out too. Maybe it was just badly done.

Such weed that will be strong enough to push the brick, must be some demonic weed . . . . But with enough sand and you could try and have some kinda deals with the company that lays the stone that they will be coming to take care of anything that happened, it could be deemed maintenance contract.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2011
spyder880:

@ chaircover, I will show you a picture of a good interlock job and a bad one gone wrong, let me finish playing with the kids as today is a holiday jare!

Nija gets too much holiday jare, that is so not fair
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
olubuffett:

femmo this was done in London no pic was taken o. saw about it about 3 years ago.

OK, Bro . . . I will take a pix of some interlocking in my hood when i am chanced to do so and post here
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
I was in my house earlier today, my workers have topped some blocks on the lintel beams and we now have some rooms ready for roofing.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ferya(f): 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
I was in my house earlier today, my workers have topped some blocks on the lintel beams and we now have some rooms ready for roofing.

@ Spyder Congratulations you finally made it too. grin Your house looks good grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bugmenot: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2011
Congratulations, Spyder!  The lord is your strength, in the near future we will be looking at pictures of "A Painted House (John Grisham)", fully furnished, and residence of the Spyder880 family.  More grease to your elbows,  
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
Beautiful job well done . . .Congrats, Bro
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
Well done, Lord spyder880, i just love seeing blocks towering high into the sky smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by bugmenot: 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
Palm wine for me and Fhemmmy. . . wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.