Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,017 members, 7,906,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (296143 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Sagewood: 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2011
Nice updates! Great job you are doing!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
Sypder, Great to see its almost done, more cash to your pocket. The God that start this will also finish it on time.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2011
Sagewood:

Nice updates! Great job you are doing!!

olubuffett:

Sypder, Great to see its almost done, more cash to your pocket.

It's your prayers that keeps this project going, God bless you all. And by the time you decide to do another house, may this my house be a understatement to the mansions Baba God will bless you with.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^Amen.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2011
Work is going on slowly, we shall top the blocks and be ready for roofing by November.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by NextHome(m): 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2011
Nice one, Spyder! You dey vex at this stage o. The reinforcement too tight - I think you are adding another floor. A plus for your roofing.

Well done.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by darc: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
Mr spyder what a nic job u r doin ere,more cement and block and materials 2 ur project oo,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2011
Oh My Gosh , , , , I love those area view pix . . . .i could only imagine what the house would look like once done
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2011
Chief, How today now, and hope body is back in shape and you ready to take the challenges of the day on
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by kem4(m): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2011
Oga spyder [color=#770077][/color] and the house in general, please i intend to emback on a new project, the project will be a relaxsation center in my home town of owerri.
I intend traveling home by november to start this project but my problem is that after all my bad experinces in giving a progect to an engineer with out being on ground, am not sure i want to do this again. So this time, i have decided to be on ground while the project is going on.

My question is, will 3.5m be able to take this project to decking level? The land is a plot of 50ft by 100 ft and i intend to make use of 30ft by 60ft. The project will consist of a mini hall in form of a dancing bar, a mini eatry and a changing room for staffs. The upper floor will accomodate a 4 rooms retreat coner, a vip lounge and an office for administrative purposes.

I need this advice cos i want to make sure that i have enough cash up untill decking. If 3.5m is not enough, what do you surgest i budget for this level of the project.
Thanks all and patiently awaiting your contributions.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 6:15pm On Sep 29, 2011
^^^ please don't give your money out if you are not comfortable to do so. Come back and watch them do it. 3.5m can deck a storey building of 60x30ft very well.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by aseju: 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2011
diordaves:

The function of a foundation nay "German Floor" is to transfer the structural loads reliably from the building into the ground. Building foundations pierce the earth until they reach soil or rock that is competent to carry its massive loads. The concrete slab (German floor) distribute this piercing action equitably.

Your foundation, in fact all foundations must support both dead load (structural frame ) and live loads (furnishing, equipment etc), without the German floor, you are short changed on the advantage of a good foundation which must be safe against structural failure that could result in collapse and again without a reliable load distribution mechanism which a German floor offers, your foundation stand a greater risk of different parts of the building structure settling by substantially different amount which may distort the frame of the building leading to cracks.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Thank you for that analysis, however I think a properly sized footing can also do that.
If for example I placed the required footing width and thickness on the soil for the structure, it should withstand the piercing or the depression on the soil (assuming soil bearing capacity is OK). I personally dont see the so called "blinding" as appropriate footing thickness in all cases and as such may go with the german flooring to augument the load distribution. But again if I have adequate linear/perim footing, pier footing or whatever, I will put my slab on grade directly, bar any other site condition though. When I put more on my footing thickness before that 4 or 5 layers of foundation wall I may eliminate german flooring. Just my give and take look of the issue.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by diordaves(m): 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2011
aseju:

Thank you for that analysis, however I think a properly sized footing can also do that.
If for example I placed the required footing width and thickness on the soil for the structure, it should withstand the piercing or the depression on the soil (assuming soil bearing capacity is OK). I personally dont see the so called "blinding" as appropriate footing thickness in all cases and as such may go with the german flooring to augument the load distribution. But again if I have adequate linear/perim footing, pier footing or whatever, I will put my slab on grade directly, bar any other site condition though. When I put more on my footing thickness before that 4 or 5 layers of foundation wall I may eliminate german flooring. Just my give and take look of the issue.

Plausible, workable, do-able. But I will still go for the German Floor because apart from the fact you've already mentioned about the unknown quantity of soil bearing capacity, German floor not only serve as a superior load distribution mechanism, but also as an effective damp prevention/regulation. I have seen a lot of homes that are flooded after a persistent rainfall. No, not that kind of flood, but underground water sippage as in "water dey come from ground".

Well done for providing the other angle.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2011
In this day and age, a German floor is always needed. I like this point raised by Diordaves about water seepage from the ground, it happens but another ill associated with a house that does not have a German floor is the problem of ants, termites and other insects that can find enough room to burrow through the cracks that will inevitably occur from the edges of the room with the passage of time. These insects will keep the occupants of the house busy buying all kinds of insect repellants to control them.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
Learning as usual . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2011
@Sypder880, you have completed this particular project from the look of things, and people like me will now need to fall back to your post on how you started, Its a great edifice you have there and to think that all bits are on this thread is quite phenomena, may God continually pour out his blessing on you IJN Amen,

MY architect is asking for 40k for the drawing i have attached, do you think this is ok?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 10:27am On Sep 30, 2011
^^^ 40k! pay him, shake his hands and say thanks a lot. Then ask for the structural and m&e
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2011
^^^^ as Olubuffett said, N40k is cheap, but the structural and other things are also needed for approval in some localities. Mine cost only N20k but it was someones plan which the architect dubbed and I happened to like the size and style of the building.
This next building I will start by next week was drawn with N60k and it is a complete drawing, it is not strange to hear N80-N120k for just drawings, although it will depend very much on the type and size of the structure.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by nnaboo(f): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2011
Hi guys grin, can i join the forum? am new here but seriously like what i have read so far,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2011
@spider/olubuffete, I will advance the guy sharp sharp. Olubuffete u mentioned m&e could u explain?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2011
@nnaboo u r welcome like yesterday, u can't get a better forum like this! Please fire down!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2011
spyder880:

^^^^ as Olubuffett said, N40k is cheap, but the structural and other things are also needed for approval in some localities. Mine cost only N20k but it was someones plan which the architect dubbed and I happened to like the size and style of the building.
This next building I will start by next week was drawn with N60k and it is a complete drawing, it is not strange to hear N80-N120k for just drawings, although it will depend very much on the type and size of the structure.

For what i spoke with you via e-mail if you remember, how much would be a reasonable price to pay for the complete drawing?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ nnaboo, you are welcome, feel free to share your experiences with us.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2011
nnaboo:

Hi guys grin, can i join the forum? am new here but seriously like what i have read so far,

The registration fees are as follows:
One Keg of Palmwine
2 Dinner of Fufu and Ogbono with so much meat

All payable to me . . . . . .Welcome onboard, we all learn from one another to be a better person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.