Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,054 members, 7,906,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (296148 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:33am On Sep 21, 2011
@Spyder,
Thanks for equipping me, this will be the subject of discussion today with the arch- guy. I will factor the cost( extral 600K) Internally and discuss with the guy to tell me the kind of magic he wanted to do.
I will send the floor plan across as soon as i am able to.

Please if u feel there is other thing i need to know please share with me. I m open for correction and advice.
Once again, thanks for the swift response
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:45am On Sep 21, 2011
Just don't tell him he under quoted.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2011
@Spyder, Okay i will not tell him, i will just have the fund somewhere and wait for him till he complains
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:11pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Ogbefi007, sorry to ask, how competent is your builder that gave the above quote, because I cannot understand how in the lintel section, he stated 65 lenghts of 12mm rods @1400 and gave the total as 19,000 and not the N91,000 it is supposed to be. I also cannot understand how in the superstructure stage, he is using only 1 trip of sand to chalk up to 1800 blocks? The whole estimate is somehow low and not detailed enough. I doubt if this guy has embarked on this level of building before.
It is better to get everything spelt out and if you are going to hire this guy, pay the money in stages, pay for the block making and watch how he performs, then pay for the foundation, after you are satisfied with that stage, pay for the German floor. Don't pay all the money at once, both for the building funds and his supervision charges.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
Earlier this morning, I was in my house to see the little changes made, my carpenter that lives in that site has started work and has been using my left over wood to do the upper lintels bit by bit, I will show some pictures later on.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
@spyder,
I think that is a mistake on his part, 1400 x 65 is actually N91,000. i will correct it, Also as per 1 trip of sand in chalking up 1800 blocks, he gave a unit price for 1 trip, common sense told me that, and when i called him he confirmed the obvious, i think what is gave was juts to itemize and cost what will be needed. I still have alot of proof reading and evaluation to do, to get the real actual figure.

Congrats, in yours also, you are near completion already!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
spyder880:

Earlier this morning, I was in my house to see the little changes made, my carpenter that lives in that site has started work and has been using my left over wood to do the upper lintels bit by bit, I will show some pictures later on.

Eyes itchy to see the pictures
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Dikyson: 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2011
@Ogbefi_007 from all indication, your Architect quotation does not include decking materials and work costing. The quotation is only from foundation to lintel stage.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gbolex(m): 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
Please I need you advise, am just through with my foundation for a 3 bedroom bungalow at Ikorodu. Though it’s a dry land but a little bit sloppy. The bricklayer said I don’t need a German floor, but my dad insists on German floor. What are the advantages of German Floor?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gbolex(m): 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
more pics

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
gbolex:

Please I need you advise, am just through with my foundation for a 3 bedroom bungalow at Ikorodu. Though it’s a dry land but a little bit sloppy. The bricklayer said I don’t need a German floor, but my dad insists on German floor. What are the advantages of German Floor?

Beautiful one . . .Congratulations
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gbolex(m): 3:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2011
Keep them coming
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2011
@gbolex, congrats, a German floor is needed either on wet or dry land. It is the unit that adds strenght to the foundation by sealing the top and providing a platform for the superstructure. I strongly recommend it.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by gbolex(m): 3:26pm On Sep 21, 2011
@spyder880 thanx, can i still get more advantages of a German floor.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2011
some pictures from my house

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
he just used the old woods in the site to do till this stage, I will see if I can buy him more wood soon.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2011
my kids wardrobe

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2011
Nicely done . . . keep up the great work
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
spyder880:

@gbolex, congrats, a German floor is needed either on wet or dry land. It is the unit that adds strenght to the foundation by sealing the top and providing a platform for the superstructure. I strongly recommend it.

Yes, I agree totally with Lord Spyder880. I will advise as it binds the foundation with the rest of the building.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2011
One thing I have noticed and love about your work is the neatness. Well done, Lord Spyder880
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^^^ thank you atasteve but I promise to raise the bar, some factors in some sites sometimes combine to make some works look not good enough to my already high standards, but as time goes on, I will show the improvements I have added to the team. Thanks for the support.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by diordaves(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
gbolex:

@spyder880 thanx, can i still get more advantages of a German floor.

The function of a foundation nay "German Floor" is to transfer the structural loads reliably from the building into the ground. Building foundations pierce the earth until they reach soil or rock that is competent to carry its massive loads. The concrete slab (German floor) distribute this piercing action equitably.

Your foundation, in fact all foundations must support both dead load (structural frame ) and live loads (furnishing, equipment etc), without the German floor, you are short changed on the advantage of a good foundation which must be safe against structural failure that could result in collapse and again without a reliable load distribution mechanism which a German floor offers, your foundation stand a greater risk of different parts of the building structure settling by substantially different amount which may distort the frame of the building leading to cracks.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by princeonx: 2:20am On Sep 24, 2011
At the end of the day and after all said and done, na your pocket go decide not us. German floor as far as I know is a MUST if you're building a story building or more but optional if its bungalow but strongly advised. That doesn't mean people don't do German floor for bungalow or build bungalows without German floor. If I were you, I will do one anyway since it won't cost you as much as doing that of a story building.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by AmAlone: 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2011
Oga Spyder? How far na Longest time!!!!
This your house don make sense oooo!!!!
My man, I wish say i dey come pass one night for that your crib oooo!! grin grin grin grin grin
One lurv man!!!!(even though you know remember me again).
More cash to your cash bag jor!!!!
Osheyy
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 12:06am On Sep 25, 2011
prince_onx:

At the end of the day and after all said and done, na your pocket go decide not us. German floor as far as I know is a MUST if you're building a story building or more but optional if its bungalow but strongly advised. That doesn't mean people don't do German floor for bungalow or build bungalows without German floor. If I were you, I will do one anyway since it won't cost you as much as doing that of a story building.

Thanks for the advise and still loving all the people that are teaching us . . . God bless you all
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
Was in my site today, took pictures of the slow work going on and will soon show pictures taken from the top of the house. Loading.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2011
some pictures of what my men has been doing since last time I posted here.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Twag: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hi all. This is my first post on this thread tho' I've been reading, watching and monitoring for long. I've also been inspired to start out with something. I commend all the guys on this thread. Thumbs up @spyder880 and @Am Alone.  Keep it up.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
Welcome Twag, please do post your work so we can learn a thing or two from it, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.