Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,977 members, 7,906,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:16 PM

Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala (5309 Views)

Oshiomole Vs Okonjo-iweala: Questions Iweala Must Answer! / Okonjo-iweala Warns Nigerians To Prepare For Economic Recession / Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2011
I laugh at those who say a tenure track position is very hard to get
I do not want to start getting personal because we are all anonymous?
What do you need to get tenure track? (Asst Prof)?
2-5 years post-doctoral (pd) experience
In some cases (Medicine, some Engineering), even no pd is needed
At the end of the time 5-6 years, you may end up being found unworthy.

I know profs who will die to become WB MDs. I am in the system so take my word to the bank.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:14pm On Jul 08, 2011
I have to say though, it does feel good to know that a Yoruba man purchased the UKs second busiest airport

That is pretty damn impressive  grin
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:15pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lol

We don't have the same writing style. He is far more arrogant than I am grin (but very well may have good reason for it, for all I know. . . I don't know enough about him to say). He drops in naija phrases more smoothly into his writing, mine is more awkward (evidence that I didn't grow up in there)

At any rate, I assume you believe that fstranger is different from me?

fstranger, if you come on YIM, I'll give you her name and you can confirm that she exists

Tel that to the bird

I have said it before (several months back) and I am saying it again
Ekt Bear = Sefago

Funny how both of you (same person) cannot produce the name of the woman you claim exists.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Ekt Bear aka Sefago (same person, just like I said last year)

Ekiti dude logs out and responds  as Sefago

Na today?

That woman is not a nairalander with a pseudonym, and would actually be proud that her name is being mentioned. So if she does exist, you that I know will be so happy to furnish her name. There is simply no such person. Stop the lies.

Sefago=God= Infallible+Omniscient. This guy is dumb as hell. Shiite and I even thought you had some common sense. Thats what happen when you deal with plants.

We don't have the same writing style. He is far more arrogant than I am Grin (but very well may have good reason for it, for all I know. . . I don't know enough about him to say)

Presumptious. You dont need to have achieved anything to be arrogant grin. Its all about the swag, the swag mate cool
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by EzeUche(m): 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2011
I do not thin Ekt bear is the same as SeFAGo. They have different writing styles unlike Alj harem aka Jason.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

ZnO

Maret women riot occurred all over Nigeria. Shut up about market women riot. That is communal action.

Give me an IGbo woman that has ever transformed your society,  A transforming individual.

Kuti, Tinubu and Kofo Abayomi were transformers. They single handedly at individual capacity, not communal action, impacted political and social changes.

Before Nigeria there was Queen Amina in Hausaland, there was Moremi in Yorubaland. Give me an Igbo woman of their parity in social leadership.

Mrs Iweala is the Greatest you ever had.

These other women I mentioned are not anywhere close to her accomplishments in contemporary terms but they were at the same scale of social relevance as she is now.

In future there will be many more women transformers and we look back to Iweala and she will be viewed in same light as Abayomi, Kuti and Tinubu appear to you now.

Ekt is talking about this young girl that's already appear to be at parity with Iweala in academic achievements. Once she is absorbed into social changes who knows how far she might end up going.

Remember when John Paul died and they were looking for successor?  Olubunmi Okogie was a candidate for the papacy. Nigeria's proud moment, is it not?

Paul wolfowitz resigned as chairman of WB, Mrs Iweala was a candidate for the chair.  Proud moment for Nigeria.

I like Mrs iweala and I rejoice with you Igbos for her accomplishments and her vision.

I can see why you worship her- first Igbo female transformer!

For those of us who are used to a long list of transformers worship is uncalled for.

So don't translate our cool response to her remarks as hatred.

She has great qualities but she is no goddess!

I do not know what you mean by transformation. But the Aba women riot resulted in the fact that women did not pay taxes then. What is more transformational than that?

Hhahhaaa! Which Olubumni was a papal candidate? Oh boy, lie go kill una. It was an Igbo man (Cardinal Francis Arinze) that was even talked of as a possible candidate. Olubunmi was not mentioned anywhere. Moreover, Olubunmi is not YORUBA. He is Edo. You bloody false claimaint
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

I laugh at those who say a tenure track position is very hard to get
I do not want to start getting personal because we are all anonymous?
What do you need to get tenure track? (Asst Prof)?
2-5 years post-doctoral (pd) experience
In some cases (Medicine, some Engineering), even no pd is needed
At the end of the time 5-6 years, you may end up being found unworthy.

I know profs who will die to become WB MDs. I am in the system so take my word to the bank.

We are not talking of tenure track position at universities like Eastern Iowa bumfvck university. Your typical above-average graduate student with a decent publication record from a top university can get positions like that easy. But to get tenure track positions at the BEST schools in the US is hard!

If it is so easy, why isn't everyone doing it?

Stop lying to yourself. Yes, you know professors at 3rd and 4th rate universities who would die to become WB MDs. But who cares about them? They aren't the ones I'm discussing. I'm bringing up guys like Krugman and Mankiw and you are talking about "profs who will die to become WB MDs"? WB MD who is not fit to wipe Krugman's @ss? That should tell you that there exists a wide disparity between what these econ faculty members at elite schools are doing and what a WB MD is doing.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
EzeUche:

I do not thin Ekt bear is the same as SeFAGo. They have different writing styles unlike Alj harem aka Jason.

Then you do not know the game.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

We are not talking of tenure track position at universities like Eastern Iowa bumfvck university. Your typical above-average graduate student with a decent publication record from a top university can get positions like that easy. But to get tenure track positions at the BEST schools in the US is hard!

If it is so easy, why isn't everyone doing it?

Stop lying to yourself. Yes, you know professors at 3rd and 4th rate universities who would die to become WB MDs. But who cares about them? They aren't the ones I'm discussing. I'm bringing up guys like Krugman and Mankiw and you are talking about "profs who will die to become WB MDs"? WB MD who is not fit to wipe Krugman's @ss? That should tell you that there exists a wide disparity between what these econ faculty members at elite schools are doing and what a WB MD is doing.

Forget about Krugman and Mankiw, they are not Yoruba. Tell us the name of your woman in the best university, whom you claim is better than Ngozi. Until you do, you are a liar. I will apologize for calling you a liar, as soon as you do that and we see her credentials. That will be all for now.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by adconline(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2011
You are basing Iweala's worth on the fact that she works at the World Bank. Obtaining a tenured position is actually more difficult than working at the World bank. Any dooofus can work at the World bank. the next Word Bank head/boss is going to be Hillary Clinton, a lawyer, who would never be considered for any Finance position job in her home country. The World bank isnt that spectacular as you are making it sound, maybe to you Ibos sha. To the rest of the world, it is just another sub-par institution eagerly working to exploit the stupidity of third world countries for the benefit of the more prosperous western countries.

The nameless university prof is not even tenured, so get it  drilled in your head. You are comparing a tested and proven technocrat with someone who is not qualified to head a department.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:28pm On Jul 08, 2011
Ngozi got all her degrees from ivy league universities and somebody says she cannot be a prof in an ivy league school. I laugh in Ibo
I know tons of profs who did not study in ivy league schools but are pros there today.
Just as an example, many profs from Russia are teaching at Harvard, MIT, Caltech, UPenn, Columbia, Stanford etc.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:29pm On Jul 08, 2011
Heh.

I'm not interested in convincing you. Whether you believe it or not is of no concern to me. In a few year's time you'll hear the name and remember this post.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Then you do not know the game.

Look mate, I am dying right now that you think I am Ekt_bear. You know why? Because I am not him.

Seems you are polytheistic but I can assure you that there is only one god and he does not come in different manifestations  grin

Not everyone makes use of multiple usernames like you do. Some of us are busy.

And yes Ekt_bear is telling the truth. I dont see why you want to know her name. There are tons of Yoruba people all over the world doing big things. No big deal. We were just celebrating one recently sef.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh.

I'm not interested in convincing you. Whether you believe it or not is of no concern to me. In a few year's time you'll hear the name and remember this post.

Sefago

You continue to be the judge and the jury in your own case. Bloody liar.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Ngozi got all her degrees from ivy league universities and somebody says she cannot be a prof in an ivy league school. I laugh in Ibo
I know tons of profs who did not study in ivy league schools but are pros there today.
Just as an example, many profs from Russia are teaching at Harvard, MIT, Caltech, UPenn, Columbia, Stanford etc.

See, this is what has me surprised. You are supposedly in the same game too. And if that is the case, then you know that publication record is absolutely critical. You need papers in top journals to get a job. Given that Ngozi doesn't have any, how will she be a prof at an ivy league school?

There are plenty of people who get their first degrees at ivy league schools. But not all of these are accepted to the next level (grad school.) And similarly, not all of these are accepted at the next level (faculty positions.)
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
SEFAGO:

Look mate, I am dying right now that you think I am Ekt_bear. You know why? Because I am not him.

Seems you are polytheistic but I can assure you that there is only one god and he does not come in different manifestations  grin

Not everyone makes use of multiple usernames like you do. Some of us are busy.

And yes Ekt_bear is telling the truth. I dont see why you want to know her name. There are tons of Yoruba people all over the world doing big things. No big deal. We were just celebrating one recently sef.

Ekt bear, We have gone over this several times. So stop wasting your time with me.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
Roflmao grin

So because ZnO created the identities Nchara and mekus and pretended they were different people, he assumes that everyone else is doing the same.

Why do you assume that everyone else is a loser, liar, fraud and coward like you?

Na wa o

Professor of hydroponics, we hail thee
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

See, this is what has me surprised. You are supposedly in the same game too. And if that is the case, then you know that publication record is absolutely critical. You need papers in top journals to get a job. Given that Ngozi doesn't have any, how will she be a prof at an ivy league school?

There are plenty of people who get their first degrees at ivy league schools. But not all of these are accepted to the next level (grad school.) And similarly, not all of these are accepted at the next level (faculty positions.)
If Ngozi wanted to be a prof, she would have focused on publications from the get go. By now she will have tons of it. NOT EVERYONE WANTS THE TEACHING PROFESSION. SHE IS NOW IN THE LIMELIGHT GLOBALLY, MORE THAN ANY ECONOMICS PROF IN HARVARD, MIT, ETC.
Plus, it is not just publications. You also need teaching mentoring experience for tenure track positions
Like I said, depending on the discipline and how hot you were during your studies, you can walk into being tenure track straight after your PhD defense
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
All these claims cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
Hehe.

Limelite, indeed

BTW, those same publications which you need to graduate are the same ones which you need to then get a job. It isn't as if there are extra needed to get a job.

At any rate, we are done here, ZnO/nchara/mekus/igbobuigbo/akinegba/etc  grin
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Even I, I have been thinking lately of truncated my tenure track and moving onto working for the feds in one of the National Labs (please look up US National labs). Working where I might move on to in the West Coast is far more rewarding, with better pay, comparable to a Prof in Harvard, MIT etc.
Err. Or did you get denied tenure? Those federal jobs at the national labs don't pay much more than assistant prof salary, btw.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
This man did not study at any Ivy League (not even in the USA), yet is a professor at Harvard.
Hans-Olov Adami
Professor of Epidemiology
Chair, Department of Epidemiology
Department of Epidemiology
677 Huntington Avenue
Kresge Building Room 904
Boston, MA 02215
Phone: 617.432.6477

Education

M.D., Medicine, Uppsala Univesity, Sweden
   Ph.D., Surgery, UppsalaUniversity, Sweden
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2011
Na wa o, "all these claims indeed" grin grin grin

Caught in another lie, ZnO of many names?
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
Which one u dey? Very fraudulent fellow
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:49pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Err. Or did you get denied tenure? Those federal jobs at the national labs don't pay much more than assistant prof salary, btw.

You do not get your tenure denied until it is time to vet you (5-6 years, in most cases). I am still a beginner in the tracking biz. So you have no point here
Many national labs pay far better than most universities, including Ivy League ones, depending on position equivalency.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Na wa o, "all these claims indeed" grin grin grin

Caught in another lie, ZnO of many names?
You are a joker! I deleted it because I felt it was getting personal, something I wanted to avoid.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:50pm On Jul 08, 2011
You are now getting frustrated and agitated because I reminded you that you are Sefago.lol
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
No, sometimes you get kicked out early if you are doing that poorly. It is rare, but it happens.

And no, national labs doesn't pay much better at all. Certainly not enough for one to leave a good tenure-track position for a national lab.

Probably the reason you edited your post is because you are still postdoccing, yet wanted to misrepresent yourself as a prof (as you did before).

Why are you so fraudulent? grin Is fraud your middle name?
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

This man did not study at any Ivy League, bust is a professor ah Harvard.
Hans-Olov Adami
Professor of Epidemiology
Chair, Department of Epidemiology
Department of Epidemiology
677 Huntington Avenue
Kresge Building Room 904
Boston, MA 02215
Phone: 617.432.6477

Education

M.D., Medicine, Uppsala Univesity, Sweden
   Ph.D., Surgery, UppsalaUniversity, Sweden

ZnO to be frank you are really stoopid

Let me break it down slowly for you. Because god's are magnanimous.

In general getting tenure in the US depends on your publications, the reputation of your supervisor and the strength of your department. In general people from Top 10 PhDs always have more publications, have supervisors who have connections with other departments. They are more likely to get tenured positions at the top. However a superstar from a lower program would have a chance if he proves himself. People from foreign universities with proven track records have a shot of getting a position if they are very lucky, connected and brilliant. But its not a prerequsite to have a PhD from a top ten to get a faculty position at a top Ten.

Just that statistically your chances are much better based on several factors
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

No, sometimes you get kicked out early if you are doing that poorly. It is rare, but it happens.

And no, national labs doesn't pay much better at all.

Probably the reason you edited your post is because you are still postdoccing, yet wanted to misrepresent yourself as a prof (as you did before).

Why are you so fraudulent? grin Is fraud your middle name?

You now seek to turn the table. Please before you make this thread about me, first show your woman who is better than Ngozi
And no, I do not need to prove that I am an assistant professor on tenure track. I have said that before. Since I cannot say my name here, I guess you can believe me or not as you wish.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

You now seek to turn the table. Please before you make this thread about me, first show your woman who is better than Ngozi
And no, I do not need to prove that I am an assistant professor on tenure track. I have said that before. Since I cannot say my name here, I guess you can believe me or not as you wish.
I'm not interested in making the thread about you. Just pointing out that you are a fraud.

And no, you can either accept what I've stated or disregard it. I don't much care either way.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:02pm On Jul 08, 2011
SEFAGO:

ZnO to be frank you are really stoopid

Let me break it down slowly for you. Because god's are magnanimous.

In general getting tenure in the US depends on your publications, the reputation of your supervisor and the strength of your department. In general people from Top 10 PhDs always have more publications, have supervisors who have connections with other departments. They are more likely to get tenured positions at the top. However a superstar from a lower program would have a chance if he proves himself. People from foreign universities with proven track records have a shot of getting a position if they are very lucky, connected and brilliant. But its not a prerequsite to have a PhD from a top ten to get a faculty position at a top Ten.

Just that statistically your chances are much better based on several factors

Stop telling me what I knew several years back. I posted that in response to your insinuations (made as Ekt Bear and as Sefago in the past in one of your childish attempts to get back) that people who studied in non-Ivy league schools cannot get tenured at Ivy league schools.

And no, it is not just the number of publications but the quality of the publication. If you publish even one article in PNAS (Impact factor 9++) as I did in the past, you can get tenure even faster than one with 10 publications in some obscure journals with 0 to 2 impact factors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ameachi Loses Again. Too Bad. / Shekau Has Finished His Business / VAIDS: FG To Name, Shame, Prosecute Tax Evaders From March 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.