Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,320 members, 7,971,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:35 AM

Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala (5385 Views)

Oshiomole Vs Okonjo-iweala: Questions Iweala Must Answer! / Okonjo-iweala Warns Nigerians To Prepare For Economic Recession / Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm not interested in making the thread about you. Just pointing out that you are a fraud.

And no, you can either accept what I've stated or disregard it. I don't much care either way.

Just like I do not care whether you believe that I am on tenure track. Shuo!!! You did not contribute (and could not have) to my being what I am today, so why should I care about you and what you think?, lying self-claiming maggot? You make me laugh.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2011
Stop telling me what I knew several years back. I posted that in response to your insinuations (made as Ekt Bear and as Sefago in the past in one of your childish attempts to get back) that people who studied in non-Ivy league schools cannot get tenured at Ivy league schools.

And no, it is not just the number of publications but the quality of the publication. If you publish in one article PNAS as I did in the past, you can get tenure even faster than one with 10 publications in some obscure journals

LOL ok, I am getting confused myself. Maybe I am Ekt_bear? Or I may be ZnO and talking to myself  grin

Original Ewure
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Just like I do not care whether you believe that I am on tenure track. Shuo!!! You did not contribute (and could not have) to my being what I am today, so why should I care about you and what you think?, lying self-claiming maggot? You make me laugh.

Hehe. It cracks me up that you would dare call anyone else a liar or "self-claiming maggot", Nchara/mekus/igbobuigbo/etc. Have you no shame?

You are a joke, a sham, a fraud, and a mockery.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe. It cracks me up that you would dare call anyone else a liar or "self-claiming maggot", Nchara/mekus/igbobuigbo/etc. Have you no shame?

You are a joke, a sham, a fraud, and a mockery.

Whats pissing me off is that he is hell-bent on trying to make God and you the same.

Seems like a very whacked person I no go lie. The people you meet on the internet. All type of sick characters man. So much hate its disturbing.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
Even one first-author article from Ngozi in 2007 published in The Lancet (impact Factor 33.6), which is comparable to Nature and Science (two of the very best in the world) is enough to get her into any Ivy League as a full prof, in addition, to her experience in real time.
She does not need to though, she earns better, and is far more visible, than any Ivy League prof in Economics.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2011
Sefago aka Ekiti bear
You can continue with your monologue. But before you go far into it, please just provide the name of the Yoruba woman and then continue with your monologue.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Sefago aka Ekiti bear
You can continue with your monologue. But before you go far into it, please just provide the name of the Yoruba woman and then continue with your monologue.

i say na craze world, na craze world we dey, craze world.

Good old Fela he knew what was up man

Yeye de smell no be small
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2011
ZnO:

Even one first-author article from Ngozi in 2007 published in The Lancet (impact Factor 33.6), which is comparable to Nature and Science (two of the very best in the world) is enough to get her into any Ivy League as a full prof, in addition, to her experience in real time.
She does not need to though, she earns better, and is far more visible, than any Ivy League prof in Economics.

You are a brainless dolt. It is a one page commentary on a series of papers written by others. This you think is enough to get a tenure track position at even a top 40 school? grin grin grin

Did you even open the paper and skim through it before concluding that it is sufficient?

lmao
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

You are a brainless dolt. It is a one page commentary on a series of papers written by others. This you think is enough to get a tenure track position at even a top 40 school? grin grin grin

Did you even open the paper and skim through it before concluding that it is sufficient?

lmao

You go and submit even 100 pages in The Lancet and lets see it get published. It i snot quantity but content. Ode
Big journals such as The Lancet, Nature, Science, only accept commentaries from the very best authors/egg heads in the field
Dora Akunyili also published  a commentary in Nature

Only few Nigerians have had their articles published in those journals and your fake Yoruba, non-existent woman is not one of them.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
Lmao.

Alright, we are done here. Maybe I should post the full text of this "paper" that you think is enough to get a faculty position even at Bowie State University, not to talk of anywhere decent grin

I am starting to wonder if you are trolling or you genuinely believe what you write
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:37pm On Jul 08, 2011
^^^^
''is enough to get her into any Ivy League as a full prof, in addition, to her experience in real time.''. One-eyed monkey Sefago
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
Commentaries have ZERO value! They give you ZERO points in this game! No one gives a sh1t, dude. You can't get a position even at Bowie State University based upon a one-page SUMMARY of other pieces of work published in a biosciences journal

So a one page commentary in a medical journal is what will get you a faculty position in economics?

Are you high as a kite, man?

God you are a dumbass
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
Lol Ngozi was even in Brookings Institution at some point

Harvard
MIT
WORLD BANK
Brookings
World BANK
No Nigerian, dead or living, has beaten that.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by SEFAGO(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2011
Seems I don box ZnO so much that he is beginning to see everyone who boxes him on Nairaland as Sefago.

Well what can I say?

I float like abutterfly, sting like a bee.

It hurts, so I have heard
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 10:43pm On Jul 08, 2011
SEFAGO:

Seems I don box ZnO so much that he is beginning to see everyone who boxes him on Nairaland as Sefago.

Well what can I say?

I float like abutterfly, sting like a bee.

It hurts, so I have heard

You are a fo.o.l. I told you several months back that you are Ekt Bear. So stop pretending as though you heard that from me just today.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2011
You don't understand how the game works, I guess. But how can you understand it, when you've never played it?
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ektbear: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2011
Sefago, are you like this in RL? I assume that it is purely an amusing NL persona grin
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 11:00pm On Jul 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

So a one page commentary in a medical journal is what will get you a faculty position in economics?

I guess the relationship between health and statistics (a social studies as Economics) is lost on you, poor fo.o.lish you.

Improving health statistics in Africa
Author(s): Okonjo-Iweala, N (Okonjo-Iweala, Ngozi); Osafo-Kwaako, P (Osafo-Kwaako, Philip)
Source: LANCET  Volume: 370   Issue: 9598   Pages: 1527-1528   DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(07)61644-4   Published: NOV 3 2007
Times Cited: 2 (from Web of Science)
Cited References: 6 [ view related records ]     Citation MapCitation Map     
Document Type: Editorial Material
Language: English
Reprint Address: Okonjo-Iweala, N (reprint author), Brookings Inst, Washington, DC 20036 USA, USA
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
hahah! Ngozi was even honored with a doctorate by Brown University, an Ivy League
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 11:08pm On Jul 08, 2011
Ngozi;

Honors and awards

Time Europe Hero 2004[8]
    This Day Nigeria Minister of the Year 2004[8]
    Euromoney Magazine Global Finance Minister of the year 2005[8]
    Financial Times/The Banker African Finance Minister 2005[8]
    Nigerian of the Year 2006.[13]
    Honorary Doctorate from Brown University, Providence, RI, USA.
    Honorary Doctorate from Trinity College, University of Dublin, Ireland.
    Honorary Doctorate from Colby College, Maine, USA.
    Honorary Doctorate from Northern Caribbean University, Mandeville, Jamaica.
    Honorary Doctorate from Amherst College, Amherst, MA, USA.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 11:12pm On Jul 08, 2011
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was educated at Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude with an A.B. in 1977, and earned her Ph.D. in regional economics and development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (born June 13, 1954) is the newly appointed Minister of Finance for the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Prior to this appointment, she was the Managing Director of World Bank (October 2007 - July 2011) and has also held the position of a Finance Minister and Foreign Minister of Nigeria, between 2003 and 2006. She is notable for being the first woman to hold either of those positions. She served as finance minister from July 2003 until her appointment as foreign minister in June 2006, and as foreign minister until her resignation in August 2006. Okonjo-Iweala was considered as a possible replacement for former World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz.[1][2] Prior to her appointment as the Minister of Finance, she was the second highest paid employee of World Bank with disposable income of $351,740.[3]

She is a fellow at the Brookings Institution.[11] Okonjo-Iweala also serves on the Advisory Board of Global Financial Integrity and on the Board of Directors of the World Resources Institute.[12

Harvard will actually be begging her to come over
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by Jenifa1: 7:09am On Jul 09, 2011
ZnO:

You now seek to turn the table. Please before you make this thread about me, first show your woman who is better than Ngozi
And no, I do not need to prove that I am an assistant professor on tenure track. I have said that before. Since I cannot say my name here, I guess you can believe me or not as you wish.

Lots of Yoruba women are more accomplished than Ngozi.
Ngozi herself will be the first one to admit to that.

I feel sorry for you that you value your worth based on what western institutions you are accepted in. u need to grow up. I do not believe for one second that you are a professor. maybe if you said TA then I might believe.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 7:13am On Jul 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

Lots of Yoruba women are more accomplished than Ngozi.
Ngozi herself will be the first one to admit to that.

I feel sorry for you that you value your worth based on what western institutions you are accepted in. u need to grow up. I do not believe for one second that you are a professor. maybe if you said TA then I might believe.

Believe whatever frigging thing you like. I give no rats ar.se to any of your belief because you are one damn inconsequential, faceless entity.  BTW, if you claim any Yoruba woman is more accomplished than Ngozi, please provide the person's name so we can clap for her.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by iragbijile: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2011
ZnO:

Believe whatever frigging thing you like. I give no rats ar.se to any of your belief because you are one damn inconsequential, faceless entity.  BTW, if you claim any Yoruba woman is more accomplished than Ngozi, please provide the person's name so we can clap for her.

I dont think you are professor, maybe a janitor grin. I only respect people with a 30 on the MCAT or 720 on the GMAT or a750+ average on the GREs, which you are incapable of getting.

I really pity you. you dimwit.

Frustrated much?
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by Jenifa1: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2011
ZnO:

[sarcasm]accomplished based on what definition? this one? [\sarcasm]

ZnO:

Harvard
MIT
WORLD BANK
Brookings
World BANK
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by iragbijile: 7:26am On Jul 09, 2011
ZnO:

Harvard
MIT
WORLD BANK
Brookings
World BANK

you are a doofus

Akeem bello osagie, an Edo/Yoruba man, has more than that.

Ever heard of him?

The only Nigerian to have, ever , attended the three best schools in the world.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by Jenifa1: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2011
I definitely do not think that there is a single most accomplished person in Nigeria or any particular country. People have different areas of interest and the accomplished ones excel at it.
you should try rewatching the video.  at min 17:45, the only other woman Ngozi mentions as an example of successful African women is Adenike Ogunlesi. a Yoruba woman.
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by iragbijile: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

I definitely do not think that there is a single most accomplished person in Nigeria or any particular country. People have different areas of interest and the accomplished ones excel at it.
you should try rewatching the video.  at min 17:45, the only other woman Ngozi mentions is a Adenike Ogunlesi. a Yoruba woman.

Sup Jenifa?
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by vicenzo(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2011
Lol, looks like the yorubas have an already prepared female aganga,ready to replace him. grin
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by AlabaSlim: 2:20pm On Jul 09, 2011
Nut surpriced at d igbos vs yoruba debate
instead of pple tryin 2 get dier own success or achieve grt8 tins,dey end up talkin abt pple dat don't give a Poo abt dier existence
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by AlabaSlim: 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2011
Les i 4get
al i c in dis tread is NVI
JELORSI,etc
Re: Eleni Gabre-madhin Vs. Okonjo Iweala by ZnO: 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2011
Jenifa_:

you should try rewatching the video.  at min 17:45, the only other woman Ngozi mentions as an example of successful African women is[b] Adenike Ogunlesi. [/b]a Yoruba woman.

Adenike Ogunlesi

By: Errol Mars

Company: Ruff 'n' Tumble

Position: Founder, CEO

Industry: Apparel

Adenike Ogunlesi

Adenike Ogunlesi is the founder of Ruff 'n' Tumble, [b]a childrens clothing line in Nigeria.
From a tiny shop with her and her mother as the main staff, [/b]Adenike aka Nike turned Ruff 'n' Tumble into an instantly recognizable brand. She has built a reputation for being one of the best manufacturers of children's clothing in Nigeria.

"My kids ran out of pajamas. And I used to make clothing for women. So I decided that I'd just make some pajamas for my kids. "

In her second year as an undergraduate law student at the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, Adenike opted out of school unsure of what to do with her life. She then reluctantly accepted her mother's invitation to work in he[b]r womens tailor shop[/b]. That experience helped her to discover who she was and what she wanted to do.

"I started in 1996, I was selling from the back of my car, I was selling at bazaars. Everywhere, there was a bazaar, I was there, my table and my suit case, my children and sometimes even my husband. So it all started then."

Today Ruff 'N' Tumble is a thriving business with 50 employees and distribution along the West African coast.

"We don't export now. Export to the West African coast, yes, all along the West African coast, yes, but to say, America or to England, I'm not interested in it at all. If 40 percent of the 120 million people in Nigeria are children, I have the potential of a huge market here."

Adenike was featured in the Africa Open for Business documentary and was recognized as the FATE Foundation Model Entrepreneur in 2005.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Subsidy Scam: Jonathan Shuns Indicted Oil Marketers / UAE Introduces Strict Visa Age Restriction For Nigerians Travelling To Dubai / NASS Election: Se/ekweremadu Betrayed SS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.