Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,049 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5512647 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 7:44am On Jun 17, 2012
@obnelly
The dish is not ugly,checkout what it will give you if it is ugly.more grease to your elbow.
@all,
The solution to fta is minimum of this size of dishes,plan and get your personal houses and say bye-bye to BB.meanwhile my 3.6 is for sale in ph contact 08037093910.cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:58am On Jun 17, 2012
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
@all,
For all those on nilesat, looks like the hunt for the new BBC World will be a bit tricky.

We'll have to wait and see though.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsateliet(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2012
ayone i want help with nilesat yahsat exectra why dont anyone reply to my posts or topics did i do somthing wrong need urgent help dont have a internet conection allways
post help lost in sattelite ofprint reception thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
@all does it mean in less than 170 hours, nigcomsat will commence full commercial broadcast?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
Verwegasatelite, where is your location,if you are close to east africa yahsat could be your best bet .pls your kocation matters with your location people in that area can give you a clue,hope you are good now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdul010: 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
@obnelly though am being naive in ds aspect, my suggestn to ur constructn can u afta finishn d frame den u seperate those double joints so as to use bolts n nuts anytime u want to mount n dismantle it like all these strong dishes, jst my observatn am wishn i can do something like this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
i beg my ppu,
i dnt know if its possible to track w3c and multitv on a single 90cm dish, pls let me know how!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2012
U can, even wit 60cm dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
miju: @all does it mean in less than 170 hours, nigcomsat will commence full commercial broadcast?
Who ever said this may have gotten confused information from this website, (www.satellite-calculations.com) the website is for satellite calculations,it only states, 170 hour predicted position and pointing data for NIGCOMSAT 1R... undecided undecided,That does not mean that nigcomsat 1r will commence full broadcast in less than 170 HOURS..

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
@pryncipal, pls are u sure i can w3c and multitv on a single 65 cm? cuz i just tracked w3c wit 65 cm yesterday with 87 pcnt quality, do u think i can still joy tv to it ,if yes pls show me d light and i wuld be apr68, tanxs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
odilibe: Who ever said this may have gotten confused information from this website, (www.satellite-calculations.com) the website is for satellite calculations,it only states, 170 hour predicted position and pointing data for NIGCOMSAT 1R... undecided undecided,That does not mean that nigcomsat 1r will commence full broadcast in less than 170 HOURS..
@Odilibe, so when willit be in full operation?? any idea shocked shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
odilibe: Who ever said this may have gotten confused information from this website, (www.satellite-calculations.com) the website is for satellite calculations,it only states, 170 hour predicted position and pointing data for NIGCOMSAT 1R... undecided undecided,That does not mean that nigcomsat 1r will commence full broadcast in less than 170 HOURS..
@Odilibe, so when will it be in full operation?? any idea shocked shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:45am On Jun 18, 2012
Abdul010, thanks for your observation.i will work as directed.AUCHS thanks for the text.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 6:22am On Jun 18, 2012
embarassed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2012
I Hacked: @petfun4u good work and which LNB do you use? i can see rest not at your home keep it up

I Hacked, I am highly honoured to receive post from you. I wish to have your mail, we have lots to discuss.

I used Dual Premiun HD LNB for nilesat (7degree West and Go Africa (7degree East)while single LNB for others.

Thanks.

Remain blessed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for the enlightment.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2012
@akinige, u can cuum to my websyte, and ask me dat question i will ansa u highly ther. D name of ma websyt is in ma signatur. Feel d swag!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
@Akinge, tracking w3 and multi tv is easy. Add another lnb on top of w3, but u must figure out how 2 raise d second lnb(multi tv) by 2inch 2 maintain 70/75 signal stenght. Note ur w3 signal quality should be 80/82.Good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
pofolo:
@ lovala,
on strong decoders for example,
menu - system settings - a/v outputsetting - rf channel.
It ranges from channel 21- 63.
You can put srt1 on channel 24, srt2 on channel30, srt3 on channel36 etc.
Note: you have to be aware of rf channels of your local television stations also to avoid interference.
Hope this helps.
@pofolo:
Thankx pal. This will throw me in the right direction when next I try it out. You've been of great help man and i'll get in touch in case of any incasities.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2012
petfun4u:

Like I said, I am from Bwari in Abuja. I used Dual PREMIUM HD LNB (the long type-just check the picture I posted.

Remain blessed.
Thankx my G. If only other lnbs could give same results for it is very rare to find the premium set of LNBs here in Yaounde, Cameroon. Thankx once again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 7:32am On Jun 19, 2012
pryncipal: @Akinge, tracking w3 and multi tv is easy. Add another lnb on top of w3, but u must figure out how 2 raise d second lnb(multi tv) by 2inch 2 maintain 70/75 signal stenght. Note ur w3 signal quality should be 80/82.Good luck.
Pls bros, what's d size of dish we're lookn @ here, 60cm or 90cm? Again is it W3a or W3c 'cos u wrote w3, a kind of confusing. Quicker response appreciated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2012
Southern Africa To Continue Enjoying SABC As Sentech fights blackout order

MILLIONS of Southern Africans viewing free-to-air South African TV channels are likely to continue receiving the service for several more months after a South African firm responsible for the signal challenged a court ruling directing it to end the piracy.

Botswana broadcaster eBotswana, a sister channel to South Africa’s etv, won a lawsuit in the Johannesburg High Court in February against the state-owned signal carrier, Sentech.

The court ordered Sentech to "take all reasonable steps necessary" to encrypt its signal within the next three months, after finding it guilty of being "wrongful, negligent and in breach" over its failure to prevent broadcast piracy.

The three-month transmission grace period ended on May 31, but Sentech have appealed against the court ruling – meaning millions of people in the SADC region who receive the free channels including SABC 1, 2 and 3 will continue to do so pending the outcome of the appeal.
SABC say they have no control over the signal, and lay the blame squarely at the feet of Sentech.

Spokesman Kaizer Kganyago told South Africa’s Business Day: "We broadcast in SA and Sentech is in charge of ensuring the signal is protected and stays in SA. Anybody who is not in SA and is watching SABC content terrestrially is doing so illegally."

eBotswana General Manager Dave Coles said Monday that Sentech lodged the appeal in May, and had so far not paid the P10 million damages award nor encrypted its signal.

Free-to-air decoders including Wiztech, Fortec Star and Philibao have created a booming market for satellite TV viewership in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique and Botswana.
MultiChoice, which offers pay-TV on its DStv platform, is eyeing massive benefits from the looming blackout.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 9:35am On Jun 19, 2012
@pryncpal,tanxs 4 d response,i v track w3c wit 65 cm dish and im trying to add anoda lnb 4 multitv but i dnt hit green yet
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jimohbello: 9:42am On Jun 19, 2012
@Akinige how did u go about d tracking pls explain
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2012
i tot there's a thread for newbies.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
Akinige: @pryncpal,tanxs 4 d response,i v track w3c wit 65 cm dish and im trying to add anoda lnb 4 multitv but i dnt hit green yet
I AM UNABLE TO HIT GREEN TOO ON THE SECOND LMB FOR MULTITV,SO WHEN HIT GREEN PLS SHED MORE LIGHT FOR US TRU D THREAD
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
Follow the step u will hit green on w3c.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Pidzo,
That was quie an interesting piece. I'm particularly struck by the last statement:

"MultiChoice, which offers pay-TV on its DStv platform, is eyeing massive benefits from the looming blackout".

Sounds really true to type for DSTV. Always exploring all avenues to extinguish the flames of FTA anywhere they go
so that people will have no choice than to subscribe to their exorbitant packages. angry
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 4:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
George_D: @all,
For all those on nilesat, looks like the hunt for the new BBC World will be a bit tricky.

We'll have to wait and see though.

Good Evening all,

BBC English News is now transmitting FTA on Intelsat 10-02 C band East Hemi Beam,
Frequency 4025 R (V) DVB-S SR 7324...

Currently locked on the satellite using a 6 foot prime-focus dish plus super max lnb model 777.
To track Intelsat 10-02 C band use frequency 3977 L (H) SR 17777 hosting NBC (Namibian Broadcasting Corporation) tv channel.

Happy Viewing...

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
Does lcf channel show euro 2012?...or any other channel on w4/7?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2012
@kungu,
Thanks for that sweet info. I'll have to swing to work to revive my motorized comstar dish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.