Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,337 members, 7,907,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 03:35 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5537996 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (2355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2012
SWORDSWIFTER thanks for the words of hope , many of us here may not have time to say a word but notwithstand that we cannot say something but we are following everything going here on the main forum.
Thanks more grease to your elbows.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mbapelvis: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
Please No more dissent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
gudday fellow.I'm supriz 2 see dis thread going offtrack.it is no longer f.t.a,but 3go or 4move even backbook.because anytym i enter dis thread, i wil neva see f.t.a..but u go see welda wey dey sleep 4 dish or u go see som people dey abuse others.make una change or una open anoda thread for weldas and others.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
Fta is is still alive and welding is part of our job in terms of motorized dish and we cannot do without welders;
It is an only advice we give to ourselve , so lets join our hands to a discover new things like OBNELLY thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sensicut(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
2ru talk
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ball22: @pidzo and all,which fta chanels wil air london olympic games in africa especialy football matches and when will it start
London Olympic games will start on 27 july 2012....for channel that will show olympic games try aljazeera sports 1 fta channels on arabsat 5C @ 20EAST C-BAND African beam, for opening ceremony etc at 21;00HOURS,9PM..it is already on their programe guide and also try ITV tanzania on intelsat 906 @64.2 east C-BAND west hemi... CHEERSgrin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 5:03am On Jul 22, 2012
odilibe: London Olympic games will start on 27 july 2012....for channel that will show olympic games try aljazeera sports 1 fta channels on arabsat 5C @ 20EAST C-BAND African beam, for opening ceremony etc at 21;00HOURS,9PM..it is already on their programe guide and also try ITV tanzania on intelsat 906 @64.2 east C-BAND west hemi... CHEERSgrin grin

Good Morning all,

Live coverage of the 2012 Olympics on Dubai Sports 3 on Intelsat 7/10 c band frequency 3927 H DVB-S2 27486-5/6
QPSK

For those on Badr 4, Dubai Media INC. will launch 6 free Sports Channels on Arabsat Satellites to broadcast the games and activities of the Olympic Games in London live, which will take place from July 27th to 12th August, seeking to provide the best Media services to its viewers via Free broadcast.
The 6 FTA sports channels will be on BADR 4 frequency 12130 V DVB-S SR 27500..

For those on Yahsat 1A, watch on Dubai sports HD 11823 H DVB-S2 QPSK SR 27500 fec 8/9 .....

The 6 FTA Dubai sports channel might also be added on Yahsat 1A in HD format.

Still on Yahsat 1A, FTA on Abu Dhabi Sports 1 HD & Abu Dhabi Sports 2 HD on Frequency 11862 H DVB-S2 QPSK SR 27500 fec 8/9.....
The Games might also be FTA on AD Sports HD channels on Both Nilesat 201 & BAdr 6

Keep you posted.....

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 5:17am On Jul 22, 2012
good job, kungu
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
Odilibe what type of dish i need to track yahsat can we nail this bird in west africa and please which type of HD receiver are you using , i mean the one you on the picture.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
OOOOõóô God!!! This must'nt happen some pics had missing history had been deleted if it by Oga Obnelly, people that close to him should ask him to upload it back b4 i command thunders/lightning to delete all channel on his decoders now!! 1....2.....if 3 is count at my side uhmmmmm something will happen.@OBNELLY happy new week ahead!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
for those with HD reciever,u can watch SS4hd f.t.a on BB.12.15 v 27.500.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsateliet(m): 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
[b]
verwegsateliet:
thx for answering thois.
can u answer this or any anyone.

[color=#006600]The lynsat have footprint and dish size ,satbeams have exectrea,which site it the most precise on estimated dish sizes and also do they work on a dish mesh size for cband what is standard as some mesh dishes have 3.5m+- mesh and some 2.5mm whas wondering if they say for example 2.3m will be needed for x sattelite an d 1.8 for y will improving the mesh size make a huge difference on footprint size with the lowest noise figure lnb.
for exmple i know the bigger the better but lets say i have a 3m dish and 15k lnb will i get some signal with an eirp thats needed 30 or up that need an bigger dish also reducing the orignal size at least by half the mesh size.
Iwould appreciate if everyone can join in as on what is the eirp based as different dishes for c band have differnet sizes what would be the standard mesh size for this footprints and increasing this i know would make a huge difference for ku band if it is halfed but what is a 10% increase or so plus an very low noise 15k lnb on a 3m dish.
[/b]
[/color][/size][size=8pt]
also do they give the dish size before or after the dielectric plate is inserted for r and left polarazation by this the 42 does it mean that dish size then u subtract the loss or is the loss included of the dielectric plate thx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2012
obnelly,
Never make the mistake of allowing others criticism derail your commendable goals of dispelling the myth about BUD design and construction. Kindly carry on your good works and your persistence will see you through.

Viva FTA!
Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
verwegsateliet:
thx for answering thois.
can u answer this or any anyone.

The lynsat have footprint and dish size ,satbeams have exectrea,which site it the most precise on estimated dish sizes and also do they work on a dish mesh size for cband what is standard as some mesh dishes have 3.5m+- mesh and some 2.5mm whas wondering if they say for example 2.3m will be needed for x sattelite an d 1.8 for y will improving the mesh size make a huge difference on footprint size with the lowest noise figure lnb.
for exmple i know the bigger the better but lets say i have a 3m dish and 15k lnb will i get some signal with an eirp thats needed 30 or up that need an bigger dish also reducing the orignal size at least by half the mesh size.
Iwould appreciate if everyone can join in as on what is the eirp based as different dishes for c band have differnet sizes what would be the standard mesh size for this footprints and increasing this i know would make a huge difference for ku band if it is halfed but what is a 10% increase or so plus an very low noise 15k lnb on a 3m dish.
Satmeams is better than lyngsat on EIRP VALUES & RECOMMENDED DISH SIZES as per coverage areas but their is no specification on type of dish whether pan or mesh as satellite antennas of same sizes have different antenna gain(dBi) on a given frequency(GHz)this can be found on the satellite dish manufacturer's specification sheet ...the higher the dish gain(dBi)the better the signal it receives from a transmitting satellite.....below is a chart of eirp which is transmitted by the satellite in the KU & C-BAND,the chart is useful when looking at footprint charts for a satellite..note that if you have an lnb of a better noise figure than those stated you will get better result using the dish sizes given....
ANTENNA SIZES FOR EIRP OUTPUT.
C band STANDARD lnb of noise figure 20K
(EIRP dBW) (DISH SIZES DIAMETER)
38.5dBW............ 180CM
38.0dBW............ 190CM
36.5dBW ........... 220CM
35.5dBW........... 240CM
31.5dBW........... 320CM
30.5dBW .......... 340CM

KU BAND UNIVERSAL LNB of noise figure 0.7db
(EIRP dBw ) (DISH SIZES DIAMETER)
46dBW..... 80CM
45dBW .... 90CM
42dBW .... 100CM
41dBW..... 120CM
36dBW..... 240CM
35dBW..... 300CM
NOTE:You can use a dish smaller than the minimum recommended dish sizes at a particular satellite but you might encounter problems tracking weaker transponders, on the other hand a good low noise figure(db) lnb can also improve the signal quality..in respect of weak signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2012
h

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
@d.lee longest tym, @obynelly welldone...but dont mind criticism cos we cant live witout it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by walexy1(m): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
@Swordswifter, u'r welcome back, it's been a while.
@Obnelly, I commend your effort, 9ice one on d BUD, now we are proud of the African power of creativity.
@sophie, I must commend u too, I love the way u make ur criticism but always give room for tolerance cos we all need it at one time or d other.
I may not be a regular poster on this thread but believe me, no day will pass without me visiting nairaland cos I'v learnt d great deal from here.
As we say always, FTA for LIFE smiley@Swordswifter, u'r welcome back, it's been a while.
@Obnelly, I commend your effort, 9ice one on d BUD, now we are proud of the African power of creativity.
@sophie, I must commend u too, I love the way u make ur criticism but always give room for tolerance cos we all need it at one time or d other.
I may not be a regular poster on this thread but believe me, no day will pass without me visiting nairaland cos I'v learnt d great deal from here.
As we say always, FTA for LIFE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
GHANA OUR BELOVERS COUNTRY,may you all take heart,as they say,GOD ways are far different from humans,all is well,my love to all ghanaians and africans,may dear father president john atta mills soul rest in perfect peace.............Romans 8,35-39
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2012
"Icon departed" we on nairaland felt deeply in pain with our friends here and our africans everywhere in the world for a great man that departed in Ghana {president john atta} may he rest in the bossom of the lord.AMEN
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2012
@Adex 70,had being try to reach you through ur mail but my msg did't delivered did u change mail box?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Jackobite: @Adex 70,had being try to reach you through ur mail but my msg did't delivered did u change mail box?
@jackobite my mail is still ok but if u are finding it dificult call or text 08023934063 if u are ok with it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 4:29pm On Jul 25, 2012
@twinsoris
Yahsat can b gotten with 3.2 -3.6m depending on your location.for south south recommended dish size is 4.5m.just get strong 4930hd.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kazewou: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
I need help to run my dongle avatar 2, but I specified that the IC does not change.you can give answer at my e-mail: kazewou@yahoo.fr
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2012
@pidzo and all,what is the tp to track arryadia because it seems dat they will air all olympic footbal matches.please help me i want to track it by 7:00pm please help me out.thankz @ all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
Ikiriye: @twinsoris
Yahsat can b gotten with 3.2 -3.6m depending on your location.for south south recommended dish size is 4.5m.just get strong 4930hd.
What of we wey dey middle belt?what is dish size for we?expecting your generous reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2012
[quote author=Ball22]@pidzo and all,what is the tp to track arryadia because it seems dat they will air all olympic footbal matches.please help me i want to track it by 7:00pm please help me out,pls rescan 36e for new hd channels for free,enjoy while it last through olympics game,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2012
@gadotor can i watch the chanel wit strong 4669xii decoder.hopin to hear frm u soon
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2012
Pls house help me.what is the tracking tp 4 arryadia on 7'w(nwa beam)due to the existin tp is red since last week beside,they are airing all olympic footbal matches.also do tell us the dish size to track it.thankz in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 6:16am On Jul 26, 2012
Ball22: Pls house help me.what is the tracking tp 4 arryadia on 7'w(nwa beam)due to the existin tp is red since last week beside,they are airing all olympic footbal matches.also do tell us the dish size to track it.thankz in anticipation
Same here wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugasat(m): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2012
Has anyone tried out the new software for SRT 4930? It is called "SRT4930_ALL_130p_20120719.zip‎" and it is availble on http://www.satfriends.com/showthread.php/4956-Strong-Firmware/page62?s=cd8c435d8bfeeae308f2f970054c4403
How about the software called " SRT4930_ALL_129p_20120705.rar" available from http://www.sat-planet.net/showthread.php/36629-New-Firmware-for-Strong-SRT49XX/page6
Please gurus let us know the difference and benefits of the two softwares. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2012
The NWA beam on E7WA is off. So I think you can only get Arryaddia if you have a dish large enough for Nilesat, Badr 4 or Hotbird. On Nilesat 102 it is 12207 V 27500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
ugasat: Has anyone tried out the new software for SRT 4930? It is called "SRT4930_ALL_130p_20120719.zip‎" and it is availble on http://www.satfriends.com/showthread.php/4956-Strong-Firmware/page62?s=cd8c435d8bfeeae308f2f970054c4403
How about the software called " SRT4930_ALL_129p_20120705.rar" available from http://www.sat-planet.net/showthread.php/36629-New-Firmware-for-Strong-SRT49XX/page6
Please gurus let us know the difference and benefits of the two softwares. Thanks.
I haven't tried version 130p but I am using 129p right now. Once I update and note any changes I will come back. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (2355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuk101(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.