Stats: 3,172,175 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5512699 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olu12345: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2012
Akinige: @ all, anybody aware of ad sport @ 26 degree east ku? Sud pls explain, cuz it seem they showed pr6cin matches , tanxs
let sm1 address nailin both ad sport n SABC123
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2012
back view of the dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
next is testing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
side view of the dish

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 12:11am On Jul 20, 2012
@OBNELLY,
WHAT OF THE WOODEN DISH YOU TOLD US ABOUT?
I DONT MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT I AM TIRED OF SEEING OBNELLY FLOODING THIS THREAD WITH ONLY PICTURES OF DISHES HE IS CREATING, FOR THE PAST 7 MONTHS, ALL I SEE IN EVERY PAGE IS HIS DISH, IF IT WAS A NEWBIE THAT DID THIS THE PERSON WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED A LONG TIME AGO. COME ON HE IS NOT THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT HAS STORES, WORKSHOPS WITH THINGS RELATING TO SATELLITES, YOU MIGHT SAY I AM BAD FOR SAYING THIS OR BAN ME, BUT ITS TOO MUCH, WHY MUST HE SHOW OFF LIKE THIS, IF HE CHANGES ONE SCREW HE WILL SNAP IT, IF PAINTS IT HE WILL SNAP IT ET CETERA. OBNELLY YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY MAN IN THE DARK SIDE, BUT I LIKE TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE. WHEN THE JOB ENDS SNAP IT AND SHOW US AND END IT. THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE HERE YOU KNOW.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 6:19am On Jul 20, 2012
Obnelly keep up d gd job.where is ur workshop i want 2 come a see 4 myself.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 7:15am On Jul 20, 2012
Sophieamore1: @OBNELLY,
WHAT OF THE WOODEN DISH YOU TOLD US ABOUT?
I DONT MEAN TO BE RUDE BUT I AM TIRED OF SEEING OBNELLY FLOODING THIS THREAD WITH ONLY PICTURES OF DISHES HE IS CREATING, FOR THE PAST 7 MONTHS, ALL I SEE IN EVERY PAGE IS HIS DISH, IF IT WAS A NEWBIE THAT DID THIS THE PERSON WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED A LONG TIME AGO. COME ON HE IS NOT THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT HAS STORES, WORKSHOPS WITH THINGS RELATING TO SATELLITES, YOU MIGHT SAY I AM BAD FOR SAYING THIS OR BAN ME, BUT ITS TOO MUCH, WHY MUST HE SHOW OFF LIKE THIS, IF HE CHANGES ONE SCREW HE WILL SNAP IT, IF PAINTS IT HE WILL SNAP IT ET CETERA. OBNELLY YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY MAN IN THE DARK SIDE, BUT I LIKE TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE. WHEN THE JOB ENDS SNAP IT AND SHOW US AND END IT. THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE HERE YOU KNOW.
@ sophiemore,
naa naa, i disagree with you on this one.
Have you ever heard of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM or an adage that says '' A STITCH IN TIME SAVES 9 ''. Obnelly did not buy the dish, he is contructing it and hence he is giving the house feedbacks so that if he had made any ERROR(S) or oversites, he would be advice & corrected before moving to the next stage,so as to get a good result.
Those picture serves 100% living proof that it can be done,and he is doing it, and that is 100% fta inclined.......
Hence, if you cant help the bro, PLEASE do not discourage him.
Obnelly well done o jare.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 8:58am On Jul 20, 2012
@POFOLO,
YES I KNOW WHAT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS! BUT YOU KNOW THIS IS A MARKETTING STRATEGY, I SAW PEOPLE ASKING HIM WHERE HIS WORKSHOP IS AND SO ON, THERE ARE A LOT OF US HERE WHO WILL LIKE TO MARKET OUR SATELLITE PRODUCTS HERE, BUT THE MOMENT WE TRY IT WE WILL GET BANNED, EXPECIALLY NEWBIES.
YOU ARE SAYING THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE ONE OF THE SO CALLED GURUS (OLD MEMBER), TRY AND LOOK AT IT FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A NEWBIE LIKE ME, IF I TRIED THAT MY ACCOUNT WILL BE LOST.
INSTEAD OF US TO BE THINKING OF HOW TO HUNT NEW BIRDS LIKE MY BROTHER GADOTOR WAS DOING LAST YEAR WE ARE JUST WATCHING OBNELLY CONSTRUCT THAT MONSTER DISH. HAVE YOU NOT NOTICED THAT THROUGHOUT THIS YEAR WE DID'NT EVEN DISCOVER A SINGLE SAT, ALL WE SEE IN ALL THE PAGES ARE PICTURES OF DISHES CONSTRUCTED BY ONLY ONE PERSON.
I DONT CARE EVEN IF EVERYONE HERE DISAGREES WITH ME, BUT WE HAVE TO LOOK FARTHER THAN ONE DISH HERE.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2012
@pofolo u have said it all, @Nelly put the dish for tracking let see how it will performe on offprint bird welldone bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2012
@sophieamore after carefuly digestur post i understand ur point but i can assure u that nobody will ban u in this forum if u post and follow the due process as obnelly does, as at now there is no any sat availlable to hunt with 90cm on less BUD so fell free to express ur doing withou getting ban.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2012
@ sophie,
i know i aint qualify yet to be called a guru. Apart from amos5 theres pratically nothing new on satelite on 90cm less except on BUD, which most peeps cant aford or a constrained to purchase cos of space. There have been theorys btw mesh, fibre n pan dishes , and while most times fibres mite loose its focal positn ( mostly as a result of transportatn ), here obnelly is tryin to 'create' an alternative BUD that can easily be transported n assembled n still give yielding result taking also in mind cost implications.........WITHOUT BREAKING ANY RULES HERE.
What obnelly is doing is strictly fta incline n no illegalities and dats why he has nt been banned nor chastised.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2012
i will like to use this medium to say a big thank u to oga badaru for helping out with my system installation and purchase despite his tight schedule.THANKS ONCE AGAIN
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2012
Its really a pity that i have to stop any thing related to dish construction on this thread if that is what will make sophimore to be psycologically okay.i wont do anything stupid that wont make anybody happy here.my pictures are meant to show you can do it if i can,and also to give the audience to members for corrections,am not a guru neither am i gurumaraji but honestly speaking that guy called sophimore is 100% satgurumaraji.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
Adewumi this is for you 08028482859.i hope to see you soon.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
obnelly: Its really a pity that i have to stop any thing related to dish construction on this thread if that is what will make sophimore to be psycologically okay.i wont do anything stupid that wont make anybody happy here.my pictures are meant to show you can do it if i can,and also to give the audience to members for corrections,am not a guru neither am i gurumaraji but honestly speaking that guy called sophimore is 100% satgurumaraji.

in as much as i have stood as your not paid advocate before now, i will tell you that 2 wrongs dont make a right !!!.......
If frm a distance i can tell ur intentions ,i guess its also the view of d majority here.....hence ,just stay focus n continue with what you are doing '' A GREAT JOB '' i must say.

@ sophie,
the fta n satelite market is there for all whose gat somtin to sell to sell...... We buy and sell all kinds of stuffs there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 1:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pofolo my brother,thanks .I really appreciate your support really 2 wrong cant make a right.am with you always.you are truely a brother.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
obnelly: Its really a pity that i have to stop any thing related to dish construction on this thread if that is what will make sophimore to be psycologically okay.i wont do anything stupid that wont make anybody happy here.my pictures are meant to show you can do it if i can,and also to give the audience to members for corrections,am not a guru neither am i gurumaraji but honestly speaking that guy called sophimore is 100% satgurumaraji.
@Obnelly
I will not be happy if you quit posting things on your dish building. There are times you got to know when to press your ignore button. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
@POFOLO,
YOU DESERVE AN OSCAR AWARD FOR STICKING BY HIM, OR MAYBE YOU ARE WORKING WITH HIM ON THE DISH, BECAUSE I ALWAYS SEE TWO PEOPLE WITHOUT SHIRTS WITH SWEAT ALL OVER THEIR BODIES IN THE PICTURES. BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT IT IS WRONG TO FLOOD THIS FORUM WITH THE PICTURES.
WHY ARE BOTH OF YOU DENYING THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS ARE PART OF THE GURUS HERE?
WE ALL KNOW THAT ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE G-GROUP ARE THE GURUS OF THIS FORUM, WHILE THOSE OF US THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE G-GROUP ARE THE NEWBIES, OR ARE YOU SAYING YOU GUYS ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE GROUP?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
@sophieamore. As pointed out earlier, dia's something called constructive critisism. When u make a point, u leave it at dat. Dis ur relentless attack beats me. Wat are u trying to prove. With all due respect, are you trying to dampen his spirit or wat. you're just making the thread boring. It's becoming irritating. Please cut him some slack. Try posting ur own legal work, then if u are banned, den come to the thread with prove and we'll go from dia. Dis is not how to go about it. I might not be a regular poster hia but i never miss a thing hia. Wat he should be getting is encouragements and not dis. Pls u dont kearn a thing from the posting, i for one and i know countless other have learnt a great deal. Dont come and spoil the fun here. A word is enough' the elders say. My 4 cents though.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 3:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ Obnelly & Pofolo it as being a long time that our satgurumarajiii had created a problems that we known him for,so it is a new seasons of....maybe is capital mouth He or She will used to nails is nearer birds let wait and see,HE or She will give the house a new discovery he or she have made with is capital-letter.OGA OBNELLY keep on posting on the thread more pictures jóó.he or she will not do things and you will not allow reasonable person to performed wonders,@ all keep the light burning fta!!!.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
@OLENYI,
OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF, HOPE YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF SATELLITE TV TECHNOLOGY, YOU HAVE MADE ONLY 17 POSTS ON THIS WEBSITE AND YOU THINK YOU CAN COME HERE AND TALK TRASH ABOUT ME? I DONT WANT TO GET ANGRY, JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT THREAD.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
@sophieamore
Ok here we go. Me thinks its u who should check his whereabouts. So u can critizes someone but wouldn't accept one. Hmmmm......
NB; no of posts doesn't make one the ''ALMIGHTY'' in satellite tv.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sophieamore1: @POFOLO,
YOU DESERVE AN OSCAR AWARD FOR STICKING BY HIM, OR MAYBE YOU ARE WORKING WITH HIM ON THE DISH, BECAUSE I ALWAYS SEE TWO PEOPLE WITHOUT SHIRTS WITH SWEAT ALL OVER THEIR BODIES IN THE PICTURES. BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT IT IS WRONG TO FLOOD THIS FORUM WITH THE PICTURES.
WHY ARE BOTH OF YOU DENYING THE FACT THAT YOU GUYS ARE PART OF THE GURUS HERE?
WE ALL KNOW THAT ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE G-GROUP ARE THE GURUS OF THIS FORUM, WHILE THOSE OF US THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE G-GROUP ARE THE NEWBIES, OR ARE YOU SAYING YOU GUYS ARE NOT MEMBERS OF THE GROUP?

@ sophie,
you are nt the 1st person who have said that you inow ?, the oscar award i mean .
Back to my point now, check my profile, you will see my picture,contact and wer i stay...... Cross check dat wit obnelly profile,den give a proximity. I jst dnt want to sound tribalistic n so i'll jst pause here. I'v never meet obnelly personally n i have never until today ever told him he's doing a great job.......
Hence, if u are not pleased am sticking n standing for a dude who is doing a great here, for that, I WILL NEVER APOLOGISE !!!.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
@ All, I discovered one thing about Sophieamore. That guy is really intelligent. He knows how to stir up this thread especially when this thread looks so dull. After he dropped his first post today, you can see that this thread have recieved not less than eighteen post today. I wish that anybody who cares can go back and carefully read Sophie's post, the person will discover that the guy knows how to construct some comment to look funny to the readers and at the same time very irritative to the person whom he is speaking to. I'm not trying to defend him but I'm to let you know that he is playing some jokes (Njakiri in Ibo language). Obnely, more vegetable oil to your elbow. Sophie, I dey hail you, make una take am easy. grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Farwee(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
D.lee:
@ All, I discovered one thing about Sophieamore. That guy is really intelligent. He knows how to stir up this thread especially when this thread looks so dull. After he dropped his first post today, you can see that this thread have recieved not less than eighteen post today. I wish that anybody who cares can go back and carefully read Sophie's post, the person will discover that the guy knows how to construct some comment to look funny to the readers and at the same time very irritative to the person whom he is speaking to. I'm not trying to defend him but I'm to let you know that he is playing some jokes (Njakiri in Ibo language). Obnely, more vegetable oil to your elbow. Sophie, I dey hail you, make una take am easy. grin grin grin
I wanted to say dsame tin, i like sophie nt for his critizism but for d way he brot bak people to dis thread, he is inteligent. @Obnelly, u ar doing a great job and continue with it gods of fta on ur side.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 11:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
olenyi: @sophieamore. As pointed out earlier, dia's something called constructive critisism. When u make a point, u leave it at dat. Dis ur relentless attack beats me. Wat are u trying to prove. With all due respect, are you trying to dampen his spirit or wat. you're just making the thread boring. It's becoming irritating. Please cut him some slack. Try posting ur own legal work, then if u are banned, den come to the thread with prove and we'll go from dia. Dis is not how to go about it. I might not be a regular poster hia but i never miss a thing hia. Wat he should be getting is encouragements and not dis. Pls u dont kearn a thing from the posting, i for one and i know countless other have learnt a great deal. Dont come and spoil the fun here. A word is enough' the elders say. My 4 cents though.
xpecialy i've learn alot 4rm d pics e as bin posting.i'm wilin 2 see visicaly.lets encourage him,pls send me d location of ur w/shop i want come dia.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spacevice(m): 12:09am On Jul 21, 2012
Swordswifter my bro, hope all is well at your end? Haven't heard of you in a long while.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arselona(m): 6:09am On Jul 21, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] I personally am getting tired of u people,u talk too much irrelevance.Where do all these inequities come? Why dont u naira guys mitigate from rdi esp from kungu? U hve made this forum a place to depict how naira is not united from e to w, n to s. Feel pity of urself.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2012
spacevice: Swordswifter my bro, hope all is well at your end? Haven't heard of you in a long while.

I'm good spacevice, i pop in regularly to check what is going on here but i'm not doing any serious research as at now so i've decided not to say anything as at now. I was however thinking in line of software enhancement for the strong receivers where they will be able to use their usb ports to read directly from dongles. It seems i need autocad to be able to read the .stb files and edit it especially for the SRT4910 since it's been over a year a software update came out. I'm also looking at acquiring an HH-motor to be able to track all the Ku satellites within a 120degree radius over our belt. This is just to help me free up space on my 1.8m pf pan dish so that i can do a lot more research and update the house more. All this needs time and money which i don't really have neither now but we are still working hard behind the scenes my brother. I believe it's better to say something when you really have something to say than to say something when you have nothing to say. That's why you don't hear from me much but i'm still around all the time and see you guys here everyday. We haven't gone anywhere.

@Obnelly, keep the images coming. We are honoured that if everything goes well, this was the first place pictures of the first publicly fabricated BUD pan dish was publicised. Not everyone can do it and infact, i can attest to that fact too so just keep on doing what you are doing. We all support you including Sophieamore.

@Sophieamore, I can side with what your grievances are but in this occasion, we are talking about a completely different case. Non of our people here may try this out for another 50yrs to come if they are not shown that they can do it. I believe we can all agree to let this one go right?..... And as for your advertisement, if you have any to share, i think this will be the time to do so. I'm sure we can all make that exception for you too....*being a special circumstance for just this once*. I'm sure we'll all we satisfied with outcome and then move on with calmed minds.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2012
@pidzo and all,which fta chanels wil air london olympic games in africa especialy football matches and when will it start
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 1:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
@sword wellcome back pls add 4930 to ur software issue most expecial the low signal detection of the box.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Dear fellow members in the house let us not misunderstading ourselves concerning what obnelly is doing after all , we know how we started while we are joining this great forum but obnelly is proofing to us that without buying an imported dish from chinco or europe , we african can do more better if we can put our heads together , why are we agueing for unnecesary issue , if an african can make a big dish and get those fringe receptions what is the problem in that , why are we jealousy ourselves instead of cooperate with him ,to assist him in archiving his goal we are jealousy ourselve huum africans with black heart.
Above all there are many great people who have archiving their goals in this forum like mr OKEY in kaduna state nigeria , he construct dishes rihgt from 3M-6M dish ,he is an african from the same nigeria.
So obnelly continue with what you're doing while i am watch your steps , more grease your elbows.
For now there is no mistakes at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (2353) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70