Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,049 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5512649 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
james_mac: The NWA beam on E7WA is off. So I think you can only get Arryaddia if you have a dish large enough for Nilesat, Badr 4 or Hotbird. On Nilesat 102 it is 12207 V 27500

10992v 20000sr (aljazeera english) is still on. You may need to recheck your settings.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ satmaniac
Yahsat don't go for anything less than 3m.in satellite world the bigger the better.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
He who laugh last laugh best.I believe in pictures and I think this picture speaks it all.Happy ending.Viva FTA

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
obnelly: He who laugh last laugh best.I believe in pictures and I think this picture speaks it all.Happy ending.Viva FTA
Congratulation for job well done oga obnelly!thats a marvelous one there oga of BUD!
Now everybody can have his say grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
obnelly: He who laugh last laugh best.I believe in pictures and I think this picture speaks it all.Happy ending.Viva FTA
Congratulation for job well done oga obnelly!thats a marvelous one there oga of BUD!
Now everybody can have his say
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Iron2011: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
well done is better than well said. congratulations my brother.
satmaniac:
Now everybody can have his say.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ball22: @pidzo and all,what is the tp to track arryadia because it seems dat they will air all olympic footbal matches.please help me i want to track it by 7:00pm please help me out.thankz @ all

Good Evening all,

The Olympic Games started yesterday with Women's football and today, Men's football.

For those in Africa, You can watch live coverage of the Olympics (FTA) on Arabsat 5C sat, Frequency 4054 L SR 27500 on Al Jazeera Sport Channel 1 and Al Kass Sports

You can also catch live broadcasts on Dubai Sports on Intelsat 7/10 C band, Frequency 3927 H DVB-S2 QPSK SR 27486 fec 5/6

Snap shots of some of the FTA sports channels televising the Olympic games Live...

Al Jazeera Sports (fta) channel 1&2

On Nilesat 201 & Badr 6 AD Sports Channel 8 HD (FTA)

On Eutelsat 7 West A, Bahrain Channel 1&2, Aljazeear Sports 1&2, Kuwait sports, Jordan Sports, Nahar Sports, Nile sports, Dubai Sports plus other sports channels....

Yahsat & Badr 6 on Ad Sports (FTA) Channel 1,2 & Events channel both HD and SD version..

Official launch of the games will take place tomorrow evening
Happy Viewing...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
those
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ikiriye: @ satmaniac
Yahsat don't go for anything less than 3m.in satellite world the bigger the better.
Thanks man!will try it whenever I'm ready,and I wil let u know for sure @ikiriye.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2012

Congrats Bro Obnelly,

Great inspiration of the Year.
What Sat are you Currently locked on and how many transponders?

Blessing to all....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ikiriye: @ satmaniac
[color=#990000]The problem with yahsat1A.... is that most frequency/transponder on that satellite are transmitting on LOW FEC_RATE 8/9 ,LOW FEC RATES increases the reception threshold point as a result a bigger dish is required to exceede the threshold level as per fringe reception ..this includes DUBAI ONE 11823/27500 FEC =8/9 (MIDDLE-EAST BEAM)...ABU DHABI MUX 118262/27500 FEC-8/9 (MIDDLE-EAST BEAM)..HIGH TV 11977/27500 FEC=8/9..AL-RIYADIAH MUX 11881/27500 (EUROPE BEAM)... NATIONAL GEO FARSI(EUROPE BEAM) 11958/27500 FEC=8/9...MBC CHANNELS AND FOX CHANNELS may be received easily at least they transmitte on a FEC RATE 5/6 higher than fec: 8/9....LOW FEC RATES is yahsat 1a tracking difficulty. grin grin....MODIFIED
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
well-done grin grin grin..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
the deities have santify you right and u have done a good job obnelly.
may u continually be blessed.
weldone bro.....................congratulations
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ Obnelly, well done bro but try and update us more about the performance of that your Big Beautiful Dish later.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ Odilibe, you are yet to inform the house about the performance of that your invacom lnbf or have it not arrive to 9ja?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 11:34pm On Jul 26, 2012
D.lee:
@ Obnelly, well done bro but try and update us more about the performance that your Big Beautiful Dish later.
Yes o!dis one na BBD No be BUD.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:48am On Jul 27, 2012
D.lee:
@ Odilibe, you are yet to inform the house about the performance of that your invacom lnbf or have it not arrive to 9ja?
it was inverto quad c120 lnb...it has arrived to naija since dec 2011...but i am still in the uk since then..."someone else didn't have enough time to test c120 lnb cry cry...i will still inform the house anyways...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:47am On Jul 27, 2012
Atlast gods of fta crown you as a builder of the monster BUD;CONFIRMED AS IGWE OF BUD here on nairaland and african!.any objection house?congratlobia Oga Obnelly.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2012
Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation selects SatLink for Olympics
Posted on July 26, 2012 by satelliteevolution

SatLink Communications has been selected by the Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to deliver the Olympic Games to Mauritius on the AMOS-5 C-band at 17.0 East. As the national provider of radio and television in Mauritius, MBC has selected SatLink’s Occasional Use (OU) facilities due to its ability to provide robust, reliable transmission services and for its extensive reach as a gateway to the African market from Europe.
MBC, a long term customer of SatLink whose reach covers the Republic of Mauritius and its outer islands including Rodrigues and Agalega, will be broadcasting all of the events involving Mauritian competitors as well as a subsequent daily highlights round-up programme in both the English and French language.
SatLink, who is also delivering the Olympics to Asia for other Tier One customers, has provided global OU services for more than 20 years for other major sporting events including: the FIFA World Cup, Tour de France and Formula One
David Hochner, CEO of SatLink, commented: “This is the summer of live broadcasting and we are delighted to providing our OU sports transmission services to MBC for these exciting Olympic Games. For a sporting event of this magnitude, broadcasters demand and want to transmit high quality and reliable coverage as it happens to their audiences. We have a long history and an unrivalled knowledge in providing live transmissions and with the AMOS-5 satellite providing coverage across the whole of Africa, SatLink is a true partner for broadcasters looking to deliver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by verwegsateliet(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
ew
true words.
is it possible u can send me a bill of materials, what i used excetra so i can make a estimated price if i need to make one.
also did you ever needed to correct a warped mesh dish and how do i go about a slight 2.3 m mess dish how to instructions plus the string test in pics in words
can u email me it thx shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 8:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
obnelly baba, eku ise pupo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
Jackobite: Atlast gods of fta crown you as a builder of the monster BUD;CONFIRMED AS IGWE OF BUD here on nairaland and african!.any objection house?congratlobia Oga Obnelly.
Objection?oh yes! I have an objection,that might be big but in no way ugly.so I reject him as Igwe of BUD and confirm him as IGWE of BBD.
So,chief priest(twinstaye),kingmaker(GeorgeD) what do you think grin.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:31am On Jul 28, 2012
odilibe: it was inverto quad c120 lnb...it has arrived to naija since dec 2011...but i am still in the uk since then..."someone else didn't have enough time to test c120 lnb cry cry...i will still inform the house anyways...
Gotcha
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 4:29am On Jul 28, 2012
Todays Olympics HD FTA Channels MENU....

Caught the Action live and Free on 5 HD sports channels on AD Sports which are current FTA...

Nilesat frequency 12092 V DVB_S2 QPSK SR 27500 AD Sports 3,4,7

And Frequency 12111 H DVB-S2 QPSK SR 27500 fec 5/6 on AD sports 8 HD and Sky News HD..

Also on Ad sports frequencies on Badr 6.

Happy HD viewing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jummymine(f): 6:45am On Jul 28, 2012
Pls folks,where can i get all the things i can used to install nilesat in ife and i need an expert to help me to do it or somebody to link me up with an expert i am a female i cant do it myself i used to stay in kano i am so used to watching nilesat that i cant consider another satellite pls somebody help me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2012
Jummy mine: Pls folks,where can i get all the things i can used to install nilesat in ife and i need an expert to help me to do it or somebody to link me up with an expert i am a female i cant do it myself i used to stay in kano i am so used to watching nilesat that i cant consider another satellite pls somebody help me
for help to come quick, you need to state your present location.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jummymine(f): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2012
I stay in ile-ife osun state,i have paid an installer 50k for the equipment and installation but he left out of frustration when he couldnt locate it he carried the equipment wit him decoder,lnb and the 2.4 mesh dish that he bought he returned some part of the money he said its because of the eucalyptus tree infront of neighbour house that he couldnt get if n i cant go n tell my neighbour to cut a tree that he has planted over years
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2012
Dia's no way a mesh dish culd get nilesat for u in ile ife. Hopefully someone hia dat is nia ur location will assist u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2012
Jummy mine: Pls folks,where can i get all the things i can used to install nilesat in ife and i need an expert to help me to do it or somebody to link me up with an expert i am a female i cant do it myself i used to stay in kano i am so used to watching nilesat that i cant consider another satellite pls somebody help me

1.8 m dish wit d right gadgets will get u nilesat with comfortable signal quality,contact Joe on 08096617259 and u will b glad u did.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jummymine(f): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2012
@kinsmen i have called joe he said he will help me to come and do it on monday i pray he doesnt get hijacked by someone else thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
I will prescribe 2.4m solid fibre dish for you in ile ife. Call my installer here in Osogbo where  stay , he is called '2much sat' 08037887491. Tell him ur get hos contact from Olayinlka, Winners Chapel, Ota Efun in Osogbo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ all miracle want to happen on monday:1.8m dish for nilesat with comfortable signal in osun state ummm...you people should feed us back with the testimonies,thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.