Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,163 members, 7,916,404 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:34 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5546485 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (2355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by cyrilex202(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
is any1 watching consat wit 4669x strong.because my consat freqency is always flontuating.pls help out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2013
cyrilex202: is any1 watching consat wit 4669x strong.because my consat freqency is always flontuating.pls help out

guy yourself srt 4329, 4922,4922a, or orton stb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
[quote author=kd10][/quote]

i didn't say anything about stbs having a particular range of symbol rates they work with,don't attribute that to me it is Odilibe who report so, guy get your fact right
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 1:29am On Apr 22, 2013
Zeetry:

i didn't say anything about stbs having a particular range of symbol rates they work with,don't attribute that to me it is Odilibe who report so, guy get your fact right
Mr Right Guy ooh Mr Linux am sorry ooh.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 6:28am On Apr 22, 2013
kd10: Mr Right Guy ooh Mr Linux am sorry ooh.

mr know it all how far, i have also edited my post about linux, good morning
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:18am On Apr 22, 2013
Zeetry:

@Zeetry....some receivers have a particular range of symbol rate they work with..can your strong srt receiver take in symbol rate below 2000?..example 1172, try this an report back ,while some receivers like eurostar stb etc can use this symbol rate....

I got one parameter from flysat/amos 5 @ 17east..you can try it also...lagos tv, frequency 4140 R symbol rate 1000...i am sure some stb can't use the above symbol rate...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 9:40am On Apr 22, 2013
kingsley-1:

Please, do you have any idea if this decoder ''4329'' can accept biss keys...?
broda what do i need press b4 putting the bliss key
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 11:18am On Apr 22, 2013
ponani: broda what do i need press b4 putting the bliss key
press 8280 if no response, press 6969 twice b4 pressing 8280.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2013
SULIEMAN3: press 8280 if no response, press 6969 twice b4 pressing 8280.
Thanks and God bless cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Zeetry:

mr know it all how far, i have also edited my post about linux, good morning
Pls what is ur signal % for ur Infinity TV Reception & also Tip for Comsat Package ? Thanks in Advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olonaidrisyahoocom(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
plc house what numba is keyway 2 enta b4 edit bisskey to infinity decorda? like 8280 for strong decorda.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
odilibe: @Zeetry....some receivers have a particular range of symbol rate they work with..can your strong srt receiver take in symbol rate below 2000?..example 1172, try this an report back ,while some receivers like eurostar stb etc can use this symbol rate....

I got one parameter from flysat/amos 5 @ 17east..you can try it also...lagos tv, frequency 4140 R symbol rate 1000...i am sure some stb can't use the above symbol rate...

i am not disputing dis fact about stbs and there ability to receive a certain range of symbol rate, but infinity tv packages and comsat are working wella on srt 4329,4922 ,orton while d same can't b said of other strong dvb s2 rxs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2013
kd10: Pls what is ur signal % for ur Infinity TV Reception & also Tip for Comsat Package ? Thanks in Advance.

not @ home @ d moment but d last time ichecked 75% and 74 % quality for both on motorised 1m dish, SW Nigeria.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
Hello people,
Power surge fried some components on my telly, the techy guy has
not fixd it yet and 2moro is fast approaching.
Any idea on how I can can connect my stb and view from my laptop or a desktop monitor?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zomzom: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
ayolacz: The weak side of strong technologies is beginning to show. Strong lay claims that srt 4940 is not just for mytv but also for FTA but only for us to discover that it cannot handle some FTA channels broadcast by infinity and consat package. Could it be that their receivers cannot handle channels of high symbol rate? Food for thought.

I sent mail to them on this issue and one of their tech guys promise to get back to me as soon as he sees how srt 4940 performs on infinity and consat channels broadcast on amos 5. Till now i have not received any solution from strong! I even suggest to them if their could be any software upgrade.

I believe they must be cracking their head right now on how to resolve this issue as this could spoil their market in africa if nothing is done about it.

In a nut shell, we have to start thinking beyond strong receivers and pave way for receivers like dreambox,echosat,redline etc in africa.

My friend you are 100% right

on this forum some peoples dont learn , they just ask stupid questions and you will see some guy answers them too.it is like fools playing around ,no time for learning i have never seen any forum that peoples ask frequency like they do here.even some of them still ask how to track satellite when gurus here have done it or have post 1000 times .why cant we use common sens to google for it or common sens to stop this answers
this kind of stupid questions and make use of the good past post of our men Like George D, Odilibe,obnelly,olofofo,baduru,I hacked,and many many more .
almost 400 pages now more of them are unnecessary post

you see when i saw a post of odilibe a bought some receivers i got interest but could not lye my hand on it
i got Redline model TS 3000HD ,this box open any FTA channels that you may think of ,On Amos 5i all FTA channels are clear i dont have any problem on any TP or single channel i have 75cm dish.
when you need internet you can use your modem or if you have WIFI or any wifi around you then you can pay or join it and you can still use your router at the same time if you have .

i have use it for almost 4 month now i will not go for those old box that peoples are still struggling about it here any more.
those who dont want to upgrade them self s will always looking for help any time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
SULIEMAN3: thank u.
Bro SULIEMAN3 other members will like to know the results of the procedure. can you confirm the outcome so that anyone who experience such a situation can fall on or will not use the procedure as suggested by Gadoto. I have used the procedure on rx other than 4922 and it worked. let's have the prove
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by loluc90(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Zeetry:

not @ home @ d moment but d last time ichecked 75% and 74 % quality for both on motorised 1m dish, SW Nigeria.
@ Zeetry pls how did u go about motorising your 1m dish? Cos am planning to do the same.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls....oo'whats comsat/daarsat frequencies,symbol rates?
Are they free?
And pls!kk tv is not working...o!
Any help?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Zeetry:

Ok i will tweak my LNB & see if my Signal % will improve up to 75% bcus it was 58% when i left home this morning & this might be what is affecting the pic from displaying for the past 2months till date meanwhile my dish seize is 60cm & the pic was showing load & clear before so i will give it a shot & report back to the house.Thanks to Zeetry.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
How much is redline decoder and how is it working
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afope: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls I just bought my srt 4922a just to get top movies and other horror movies showing channels. But unfortunately for me I can't get any. I can get mbc but no top movies etc. Can someone direct me on how to be getting top movies and other horror movies stations. If I don't watch one horror movie in a day I can't sleep. Pls helpppppp.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2013
Kingjames:
Any idea on how I can can connect my stb and view from my laptop or a desktop monitor?
www.nairaland.com/597748/laptop-port-connecting-receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
gadotor: You must listen carefully,1 .take a empty pen-drive and download any required software onto it,prug it to the decoder and prug the dead decoder to main power and switch it on,and it will update it self,bringing it to alive,thank you
u can also do it this way,get a flash drive with your software in it,plug your dead decoder,switch off,then press and hold channel up on your remote control,now switch on your decoder still press and hold until loader display on the screen,then put your flash select manual browser and press ok,it will upgrade,and decoder will be like brand new.All รบ only need is your flash drive
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 12:22am On Apr 23, 2013
simniboma:
Bro SULIEMAN3 other members will like to know the results of the procedure. can you confirm the outcome so that anyone who experience such a situation can fall on or will not use the procedure as suggested by Gadoto. I have used the procedure on rx other than 4922 and it worked. let's have the prove
as for me unlike my two gurus methods, gadotor and faithchild... I downloaded a strong loader along with strong 4922a software then after extracting the software to stb format, i connect the rx to the apropriate port of my pc through rs232cable... I inserted my flash drive into the usb port of the pc i now switched on the rx and look for 4922a software from the loader(remember the loader is stored in flash drive not in the pc) and click connect from the loader then it loaded to 100% and erased data followed by writting... And the rx came alive working fine more than how it was b4 with 1.19p software.
The result of the above procedure was 100% good though i personally hv not tried the two written methods by gadotor and faithchild.... The two methods are welcome cos they give a short way to the solution of the problem.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2013
SULIEMAN3: as for me unlike my two gurus methods, gadotor and faithchild... I downloaded a strong loader along with strong 4922a software then after extracting the software to stb format, i connect the rx to the apropriate port of my pc through rs232cable... I inserted my flash drive into the usb port of the pc i now switched on the rx and look for 4922a software from the loader(remember the loader is stored in flash drive not in the pc) and click connect from the loader then it loaded to 100% and erased data followed by writting... And the rx came alive working fine more than how it was b4 with 1.19p software.
The result of the above procedure was 100% good though i personally hv not tried the two written methods by gadotor and faithchild.... The two methods are welcome cos they give a short way to the solution of the problem.
in the spirit of fta i say congrats. wishing happy viewing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 7:16am On Apr 23, 2013
all rescan your infinity pakage on w3c for a new station Gettv a musical channel enjoy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2013
odilibe: www.nairaland.com/597748/laptop-port-connecting-receiver

Tx Odili & to u all, the ref. was helpful. Am going 4 this Rs232 female to usb cable, should I ask for a crossed one or must I do the crossing myself?
Rgrds.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 10:10am On Apr 23, 2013
faithchild: all rescan your infinity pakage on w3c for a new station Gettv a musical channel enjoy
My bro Good Morning pls what is the Signal% of ur Infinitytv Package? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 11:14am On Apr 23, 2013
faithchild: all rescan your infinity pakage on w3c for a new station Gettv a musical channel enjoy
wat receiver are u using?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2013
kd10: My bro Good Morning pls what is the Signal% of ur Infinitytv Package? Thanks.
mine is 74%,even with lesser % u can still get the infinity pakage,but it depends on your decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2013
Rextab:
wat receiver are u using?
im using a strong 4922 hd decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
faithchild: mine is 74%,even with lesser % u can still get the infinity pakage,but it depends on your decoder
Am using 4669x Signal 61% still no pic.Its ovious my box is not up to it @ All the Gurus in the house PlSSSS 4922A & 4930l Which one of this HD Box is Far more Advance as par Wifi Dongle/Eternet port/Menu Option & other Goodies. Which one do i buy?I need advice Pls.Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (2355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.