Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5510505 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
zomzom:

My friend you are 100% right

on this forum some peoples dont learn , they just ask stupid questions and you will see some guy answers them too.it is like fools playing around ,no time for learning i have never seen any forum that peoples ask frequency like they do here.even some of them still ask how to track satellite when gurus here have done it or have post 1000 times .why cant we use common sens to google for it or common sens to stop this answers
this kind of stupid questions and make use of the good past post of our men Like George D, Odilibe,obnelly,olofofo,baduru,I hacked,and many many more .
almost 400 pages now more of them are unnecessary post

you see when i saw a post of odilibe a bought some receivers i got interest but could not lye my hand on it
i got Redline model TS 3000HD ,this box open any FTA channels that you may think of ,On Amos 5i all FTA channels are clear i dont have any problem on any TP or single channel i have 75cm dish.
when you need internet you can use your modem or if you have WIFI or any wifi around you then you can pay or join it and you can still use your router at the same time if you have .

i have use it for almost 4 month now i will not go for those old box that peoples are still struggling about it here any more.
those who dont want to upgrade them self s will always looking for help any time

sad sad sad
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2013
faithchild: im using a strong 4922 hd decoder
but I'm using 4930L,it leads no audio and video.even 9ja tv and others.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Kingjames: Hello people,
Power surge fried some components on my telly, the techy guy has
not fixd it yet and 2moro is fast approaching.
Any idea on how I can can connect my stb and view from my laptop or a desktop monitor?

@kingjames.

Ur best bet is to get an AV/TV adapter for ur laptop. Then u can connect via AV or RF to ur laptop and be able to view ur reciever dia.it should be about #3k or #3.5k.

Dat link by @odilibe might not help out as ur reciever doesnt have any extra port for picture out except by AV or RF.
I stand to be corrected.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by larryenob(m): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
kd10: Am using 4669x Signal 61% still no pic.Its ovious my box is not up to it @ All the Gurus in the house PlSSSS 4922A & 4930l Which one of this HD Box is Far more Advance as par Wifi Dongle/Eternet port/Menu Option & other Goodies. Which one do i buy?I need advice Pls.Cheers.
As 4 me go 4 4922A it as all dat 4930l hv and it is more advance n cheaper
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hon1977: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Can someone help i have this receiver but lost the remote and ican't input frequencies and when i blind scan no new frequencies pops up.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
olenyi:

@kingjames.

Ur best bet is to get an AV/TV adapter for ur laptop. Then u can connect via AV or RF to ur laptop and be able to view ur reciever dia.it should be about #3k or #3.5k.

Dat link by @odilibe might not help out as ur reciever doesnt have any extra port for picture out except by AV or RF.
I stand to be corrected.

Regards.

Ur suggestion makes a whole lot of sense. This adaptor U're talking about, is it the same as a TV Card? Does it connect to the pc through usb port and is it plug and play or it requires installation?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
Kingjames:

Ur suggestion makes a whole lot of sense. This adaptor U're talking about, is it the same as a TV Card? Does it connect to the pc through usb port and is it plug and play or it requires installation?

It'a a tv adapter like i said. Works like a tv card but plugs to ur usb port and is plug and play. Check any computer accessories shop near u. They should have it.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
calis2: but I'm using 4930L,it leads no audio and video.even 9ja tv and others.
wat is the signal strength,does pop green,if not check the wire from the lnb to the decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 8:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
faithchild: wat is the signal strength,does pop green,if not check the wire from the lnb to the decoder
or u can simply rescan your box or blind scan
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
Spark 1.2.60 brings network streaming for alien2 models...

spark 1.2.60 bringing the possibility to stream live satellite channel to PC via local network, including unicable lnb support and much more for amiko SHD8900 Alien, alien2 and alien2+ models

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
How to stream live satellite channel to pc on alien2&alien2+ via local network

To set it up all you need is to download VLC Media player on your PC, install it and ensure you install the plugin for your browser (firefox internet explorer etc) when prompted at the start of the installation.

On the alien2 go to the menu >Net settings > Ip config > 3rd line down is your Alien2 IP address.Enter this IP in your web browser on your PC and you will get this screen.....

Ref: www.amikonz.com/2012/12/18/stream-satellite-live-to-your-computer-including-422/

FULL DETAILS COMING SOON shocked shocked

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chukstaker: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
faithchild: or u can simply rescan your box or blind scan
what's infinity frequencx,sR,and P?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 4:36am On Apr 24, 2013
I am str 4940hd
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by faithchild: 9:02am On Apr 24, 2013
Chukstaker:
11.156 V/H 45000
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2013
faithchild: or u can simply rescan your box or blind scan
Is AIT still showing. Mine stop showing since Saturday evening. don't know if the fault is from my own side or a general fault. I need answers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by guente02(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Amiko SHD 8900 alien Full HD Satellite Receiver-Original Model USD 113
DHL Shipping (10 days) USD 45
Source: Aliexpress.

The thing cheap sef. If i had known i would have gone for AMK SHD 8900 instead of Orton x403p HD (Working Fine Though)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
faithchild: wat is the signal strength,does pop green,if not check the wire from the lnb to the decoder
my signal is 76percent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
my signal is 76percent.still read no audio and video.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gabon(m): 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
please help, I need firmware to revive my fake 4663XII. please mail it to me if you have it: gaboninfotech@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
obnelly:
Hmmm i tried to pull in turksat into my 3m for your sake because you ask for it and i dont wanna say No To your request i went extra mile to give those tps and am happy i did.Now is your turn to try Hellasat 39e with your 4m.Dont wait to be fed you should give the house feed back because of the size of your dish .So be good to your dish and keep posting new satellites and channels.If i post any new channel before your 4m i will say you are under utilizing that 4m .

Odilibe ,I am hoping to see if I can hit green on that german channels on astra 19.2,I just derive fun tracking off footprint signal.

Azerbaijan too is on hotbird so if Turksat signal is bad move to hotbird.

Umarsoor ,your assignment will be ,try astra 19,intelsat 53/55 where their is sportmax,then move down below 60 degree west as if you are going to american satellites,we must move the frontier beyond our coast.Please dont under utilize that 4m keep searching and keep posting that will make you a professional.
yes sir some tp on astra 19e is loud and clear on my 4m dish..thank u..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
my 4669x is in limbo/ it can"t handle H polarity only V

that is only frequency with v polarity works now. any suggestion?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2013
umassor: yes sir some tp on astra 19e is loud and clear on my 4m dish..thank u..
@Umassor ...very interesting...are you receiving ...CSAT/AUSTRIASAT/TNT-FRANCE/ORF signal.. with your dish @ 19.2e....just checking cool dish size cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:03am On Apr 25, 2013
@All,
Finally, my 3m fibre has been replaced with a 4m motorized pan.

All through last week, installation work was ongoing and things are now
at the finishing stages.

I'm getting Hispasat, Hotbird, Nilesat, etc

Details and pictures coming soon.

Viva FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2013
PLS HOUSE I WANT 2 TRACK SABC ON INTELSAT 20 @68.5'EAST.WHAT SIZE OF DISH WILL I USE TO TRACK IT?I'M AT EAST OF NAIJA(ANAMBRA STATE).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
George_D: @All,
Finally, my 3m fibre has been replaced with a 4m motorized pan.

All through last week, installation work was ongoing and things are now
at the finishing stages.

I'm getting Hispasat, Hotbird, Nilesat, etc

Details and pictures coming soon.

Viva FTA!!!

@ Oga George D.

Thumbs up. More power to ur elbow.

But u know dis was my FTA new year's wish. Just dat i'm battling with the needed space for a dish of that size. But not to worry, as by HIS GRACE, this will be rectified before year end.

Big up's once more.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
williams85: my 4669x is in limbo/ it can"t handle H polarity only V

that is only frequency with v polarity works now. any suggestion?
it might not be your receiver, change your lnb and see.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
Kktv is gone again any help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavella(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2013
calis2: PLS HOUSE I WANT 2 TRACK SABC ON INTELSAT 20 @68.5'EAST.WHAT SIZE OF DISH WILL I USE TO TRACK IT?I'M AT EAST OF NAIJA(ANAMBRA STATE).
YOU CAN'T GET SABC IN YOUR LOCATION IT IS SOUTH AFRICA BEAM.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
hi friends, quite a while. please, i need your assistance. To get c band on 17 degrees east, do i need to insert the di eletric pole or am i good to go with out inserting it. please note, i have a strong c band lnb.
thanks all.
god bless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ameboperoo:
it might not be your receiver, change your lnb and see.
thank u bro, I've done that still same, i noticed this after a thunder strik.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2013
williams85: thank u bro, I've done that still same, i noticed this after a thunder strik.
looks like lightning has damaged your receiver cry....i had the same experience with my anologue receiver then, in which one of the polarity was damaged by lightning...but the only way to correct the fault without repair was to loop through from another digital receiver...anytime i want to watch a channel on the Anologue receiver with Horizontal pol ..i had to go to the digital receiver switch to any channel with Horizontal Pol vice versa...try loop through from another receiver ...see if it may work....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by twinskenny(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
odilibe: looks like lightning has damaged your receiver cry....i had the same experience with my anologue receiver then, in which one of the polarity was damaged by lightning...but the only way to correct the fault without repair was to loop through from another digital receiver...anytime i want to watch a channel on the Anologue receiver with Horizontal pol ..i had to go to the digital receiver switch to any channel with Horizontal Pol vice versa...try loop through from another receiver ...see if it may work....

this should work

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (2353) (Reply)