Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,991 members, 7,873,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5502098 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (2353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2013
Ussals:
or better still get yourself any android phone n use mobile hotspot free
How is the mobile hotspot used freely on android?1
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavella(m): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2013
Rextab:
u've got mail!
please help fake sw for 4663x my email-mavellagaspaanthony@yahoo.co.uk thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 8:31am On Apr 19, 2013
simniboma:
these gadget can work but the fact is rx like the 4922 series that i use have no wireless hardware component, I am not sure of the 4930L. this implies that you must get a hardware gadget that will enable the rx to identify the wireless signal with the aid of the wireless software included in its setup. this is where the wireless dongle comes in. it serves as a wireless hardware for the rx to enable it pick up the wireless signals. with the tp-link i am hope it has the rj45 port if so why dont you use it for convinience sake. in electronics nothing is impossible may be other members may have some more experience to share. keep trying and you shall be there. thanks

10ks Bro,
But i have already, a Wi-Fi- usb dongle i bought for #3,200. from Strong-Tech. So all i need now is either
a router or a wireless internet device to connect my reciever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:40am On Apr 19, 2013
Talenty: How is the mobile hotspot used freely on android?1
I use an android phone and it is very easy. Just set up your password and any device can connect to it through wifi. What I don't know is how to setup the receiver to connect to the network. Most routers do have wireless so one can just connect to it. You will still need to install the wifi hardware on the receiver though. Anybody who has done that before should come in now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 9:18am On Apr 19, 2013
Mavella: please help fake sw for 4663x my email-mavellagaspaanthony@yahoo.co.uk thanks
check ur mail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2013
olushaggy:

10ks Bro,
But i have already, a Wi-Fi- usb dongle i bought for #3,200. from Strong-Tech. So all i need now is either
a router or a wireless internet device to connect my reciever.

@olushaggy.

Like i said, if u have an android phone, the hot spot feature should serve u well. Or download the joiku spot premium on ur symbian device and same should apply.

Though

1, u should subscribe to a data bundle.

2, plugging the wifi dongle to the receiver should power it up and enable ur android device or the joiku spot application to see the receiver and pair same.

3, the relevant receiver patch should be loaded to the receiver.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:33am On Apr 19, 2013
Rextab:
check ur mail

@Rextab.

Just a suggestion. Why not upload the fake patches u have for all the different receivers to nairaland server. Maybe on the frequently asked questions thread and then u can refere people dia instaed of all this send mail, u got mail stuff.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2013
Setoop: some channel are free on infinity tv eg 9ja tv but what i discover is that infinity tv channels can only show on HD box , when i use str 4922 it show but didnt show on 4669z despite the fact that i have high signal quality

I think this can work best with HD lnb too..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kazewou: 9:56am On Apr 19, 2013
Hello
i'm the first who ask the srt4663X fake software but i don't got enythink .kazewou@yahoo.fr
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
My Big Bros,
Long time, hope all is well?
10ks for the advice...
But 4 now no money for an android phone(infact for any kind of phone) for now.

olenyi:

@olushaggy.

Like i said, if u have an android phone, the hot spot feature should serve u well. Or download the joiku spot premium on ur symbian device and same should apply.

Though

1, u should subscribe to a data bundle.

2, plugging the wifi dongle to the receiver should power it up and enable ur android device or the joiku spot application to see the receiver and pair same.

3, the relevant receiver patch should be loaded to the receiver.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavella(m): 2:36pm On Apr 19, 2013
Rextab:
check ur mail
thanks a lot.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2013
Rextab:
u've got mail!
thank u so much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
olushaggy: My Big Bros,
Long time, hope all is well?
10ks for the advice...
But 4 now no money for an android phone(infact for any kind of phone) for now.

Am cool.

Just asking; what phone are u currently using. It might be compatible with the app.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
olushaggy:

I think this can work best with HD lnb too..
bros,nothing like HD lnb. lnb is either ku band or c band which is needed to receive DTH satellite tv channels. Dont confuse pple on dis forum and before u start saying we need HD dish to receive HD channels,i av to object u on time.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
ayolacz: bros,nothing like HD lnb. lnb is either ku band or c band which is needed to receive DTH satellite tv channels. Dont confuse pple on dis forum and before u start saying we need HD dish to receive HD channels,i av to object u on time.
grin
ayolacz: bros,nothing like HD lnb. lnb is either ku band or c band which is needed to receive DTH satellite tv channels. Dont confuse pple on dis forum and before u start saying we need HD dish to receive HD channels,i av to object u on time.

gbam, linux based decoders are receiving infinity tv and comsat packages live. d likes of orton, strong 4329, srt 4922 . do your research well it's not a matter of lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2013
naijaobi:
ok thanks bro... So its nt receivable with ku band LNB?
No, not that I am aware unless you subscribe to MyTV or DSTV...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
Zeetry: grin

gbam, linux based decoders are receiving infinity tv and comsat packages live. d likes of orton, strong 4329, srt 4922 . do your research well it's not a matter of lnb
Bros how about 4669x bcus mine use to show pic b4 now but for some months till date no pic, is their any other means with 4669x box & co?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Abdulyoung111: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Heko: pls tel me any fta chanal on this sat 22w. I only got this chanals

tv 5
tv 4
A 3
canal algeria
entv
reuters WINS
AFRICA 24
LC2
VOIR+

pls tel me another
Pls let me hve d frequncy u use in gnting dose channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
Abdulyoung111: Pls let me hve d frequncy u use in gnting dose channels
am in nigeria,wth 60cm i av lc2,canal package bth hd n sd bt i dnt av ds Entv n canal algeria.pls,wots ur dish size n locatn.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
@HEKO,Pls let me hve d frequncy u use in gnting dose channels[/quote]am in nigeria,wth 60cm i av lc2,canal package bth hd n sd bt i dnt av ds Entv n canal algeria.pls,wots ur dish size n locatn.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2013
some of the channels are on c-band.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
The weak side of strong technologies is beginning to show. Strong lay claims that srt 4940 is not just for mytv but also for FTA but only for us to discover that it cannot handle some FTA channels broadcast by infinity and consat package. Could it be that their receivers cannot handle channels of high symbol rate? Food for thought.

I sent mail to them on this issue and one of their tech guys promise to get back to me as soon as he sees how srt 4940 performs on infinity and consat channels broadcast on amos 5. Till now i have not received any solution from strong! I even suggest to them if their could be any software upgrade.

I believe they must be cracking their head right now on how to resolve this issue as this could spoil their market in africa if nothing is done about it.

In a nut shell, we have to start thinking beyond strong receivers and pave way for receivers like dreambox,echosat,redline etc in africa.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 12:33am On Apr 20, 2013
olenyi:

Just a tip. And this goes to all who may want to get a wifi/myfi device for 20k up. Instead google up JOIKU HOTSPOT PREMIUM. Download to ur symbian phone, etc. And launch. It instantly turns ur mobile phone to a wifi hotspot which u can den use to hook up any of ur device's laptop, tablet, other mobile phone, etc, to share ur data bundle via wifi.

Regards.
Is buy & download,please how do i buy ? I spend naira not USD and the price is $7.79
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 3:23am On Apr 20, 2013
ayolacz: The weak side of strong technologies is beginning to show. Strong lay claims that srt 4940 is not just for mytv but also for FTA but only for us to discover that it cannot handle some FTA channels broadcast by infinity and consat package. Could it be that their receivers cannot handle channels of high symbol rate? Food for thought.

I sent mail to them on this issue and one of their tech guys promise to get back to me as soon as he sees how srt 4940 performs on infinity and consat channels broadcast on amos 5. Till now i have not received any solution from strong! I even suggest to them if their could be any software upgrade.

I believe they must be cracking their head right now on how to resolve this issue as this could spoil their market in africa if nothing is done about it.

In a nut shell, we have to start thinking beyond strong receivers and pave way for receivers like dreambox,echosat,redline etc in africa.

strong dey try bross, all those receivers u mentioned are linux based, they've realised that DTH owners these days are encrypting there signals only to work on there box which are mainly linux based, hence their( strong) decision to produce linux receivers like 4329, 4300,4922,4922A etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 5:41am On Apr 20, 2013
most Linux based devices don't work on ad_hoc wifi, rather on infrastructure wifi.
if u are using Android, u will understand.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2013
Zeetry:

strong dey try bross, all those receivers u mentioned are linux based, they've realised that DTH owners these days are encrypting there signals only to work on there box which are mainly linux based, hence their( strong) decision to produce linux receivers like 4329, 4300,4922,4922A etc
get me rigth first,im only talking about srt 4940 and not talking about other strong products.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:06am On Apr 20, 2013
Zeetry:

This strong boxes you stated, are not linux based operating system/open source receivers like dreambox..direct me to the link or to the website, where it is stated..cheers grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2013
ponani: Is buy & download,please how do i buy ? I spend naira not USD and the price is $7.79

Whats ur phone make and model. If u cant buy it, u can root/jail break/hack ur phone and i'll send u or upload the free hacked version of the app.

Regard.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2013
olenyi:

Whats ur phone make and model. If u cant buy it, u can root/jail break/hack ur phone and i'll send u or upload the free hacked version of the app.

Regard.
Does it work with sonyEricsson/nokia? Please if yes, send me a copy to ...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Zeetry: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2013
ayolacz: get me rigth first,im only talking about srt 4940 and not talking about other strong products.

but other strong dvb s2 stbs are not locking to the said packages, srt 4669z,x,xii,4930,4910
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ponani: 10:21am On Apr 20, 2013
olenyi:

Regard.
Nokia N96 thanks bro,waiting

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (2353) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.