Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,878 members, 7,942,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5572835 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hi Dr. Olenyi,
Me very sorry for not being online for a while now, ya student is being entangled in some family issue thing. How is family and i wish u a wonderful new 365 days journey. "Happy Birthday"
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 10:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Is now possible to read newspaper THE PEOPLE'S DAILy via strong/mytv decoder

Below are snapshots

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
George_D: @olenyi,

Happy birthday to you from the house. In this short space of time, you have done so much to lift the standard of FTA through incisive research and well thought out responses to newbie enquiries. While the rest of the pack take a back seat, cluttered by ever present, less noble issues of everyday living, you still manage to eek out time to assuage the yearnings of many would-be FTA hobbysts.

Keep the fire burning, brother. Keep the flag flying. VIVA FTA!!!

smiley smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley

Now am flattered. @ Oga George_D

Dat was so nice of u. Thanks a lot for the compliments. I believe this is a call for more effort on my part as we all try to ''push the boundaries of FTA'' as u would say.

Thank you once more and accept my most heartfelt regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
olushaggy: Hi Dr. Olenyi,
Me very sorry for not being online for a while now, ya student is being entangled in some family issue thing. How is family and i wish u a wonderful new 365 days journey. "Happy Birthday"

Thanks @ olushaggy. Its all good. Do take it easy and I believe everything will turn out fine.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Brite02: Is now possible to read newspaper THE PEOPLE'S DAILy via strong/mytv decoder

Below are snapshots

Good job dia bro. Though we all knew long ago about this. But u are the first to give us screenshots of it. Nice going.

Keep it up. That the spirit.

My regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jj9ice(m): 11:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
please my decoder recording format
cannot be played by any software on computer or converted,
and also how can i get amos(pls provide me frquency and
symbol rate and sat) pls can some one enlight me on infinity
and AZskyg1 thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 1:14am On Jul 23, 2013
GUYS I DID OTA UPGRADE ON MY 4922A and now 6969 and other codes doesnt work... Is it normal?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 2:30am On Jul 23, 2013
It seems our decoders are under utilised. Pls teach us the steps to read newspaper on srt4922A decoder. Thanks
olenyi:

Good job dia bro. Though we all knew long ago about this. But u are the first to give us screenshots of it. Nice going.

My regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 5:46am On Jul 23, 2013
naijaobi: GUYS I DID OTA UPGRADE ON MY 4922A and now 6969 and other codes doesnt work... Is it normal?

Thats why I was sceptical abt this OTA upgrade, I suspected this will happen.

@naijaobi you have 2 look 4 an upgraded SW from wizkid that will fix the patch or downgrade back to ur former SW better still continue with the new status.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 6:23am On Jul 23, 2013
jj9ice: please my decoder recording format
cannot be played by any software on computer or converted,
and also how can i get amos(pls provide me frquency and
symbol rate and sat) pls can some one enlight me on infinity
and AZskyg1 thanks
as for the software you need to sownload km player and try it...it plays virtually anything you throw at it,then for your second enquiry..ill say its off limits here,please its a darkside thing grin
For amos kindly visit the amos/W3C thread..all you need is there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2013
How did you go by your OTA menu upgrade?
naijaobi: GUYS I DID OTA UPGRADE ON MY 4922A and now 6969 and other codes doesnt work... Is it normal?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2013
odilibe: Coming to Nigeria soon.... july 2013
Finally i will have enough time to put 4lnb(s)C120 to test...inverto black pro single 0.2db vs inverto black pro twin0.2db vs red classic quad 0.3db..against the invacom quad lnb 0.3db, on a prime focus antenna....which one wins!

Can Amiko alien 2 and it's web applications work well in Nigeria!....

Keep an eye on the thread

cheers. shocked
My 2.4mtr pan antenna now disabled..very strange! Inverto black ultra quad offset lnbf with cut feed-horn beats inverto red classic c120 quad and inverto black pro twin c120 lnb on my 3mtr locally made dish pointing to nilesat 7west in Enugu...while the red classic quad lnb slightly better than the black pro twin c120 lnb on my 2.4mtr dish..

Finally tested amiko alien 2 ..in nigeria with android phone hotspot open wifi all web application ¤ iptv, webtv, web portal; filmon tv etc working very well in nigeria..though needs high speed internet that is all for now

Cheers

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gaiusjuli: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2013
olenyi:

My regards.

Hello olenyi

Pls what's the process getting the newspapers

I've got a strong hd decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2013
Boadu: How did you go by your OTA menu upgrade?

Its been like 3 - 4 days now since u started asking this same question. Permit me to ask; what have u tried. Have u tried out all the options and answers given to u here on the forum and it didn't work?

I taught the thing is to first try what u were told and then come back with any peculiar difficulties u encountered along the way. It's getting somehow asking the same question over and over all over the threads even when solutions/answers has been proffered to u. Don't u think?

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2013
Your advice is well noted Prof. But pls teach us how to read the newspaper by the decoder
olenyi:

Its been like 3 - 4 days now since u started asking this same question. Permit me to ask; what have u tried. Have u tried out all the options and answers given to u here on the forum and it didn't work?

I taught the thing is to first try what u were told and then come back with any peculiar difficulties u encountered along the way. It's getting somehow asking the same question over and over all over the threads even when solutions/answers has been proffered to u. Don't u think?

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2013
olenyi:

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 9:12am On Jul 23, 2013
gaius juli:

Hello olenyi

Pls what's the process getting the newspapers

I've got a strong hd decoder

Am not at home now but I thinks if u go to games on ur menu, u'll see the newspaper option. Just select and allow to load. U can den go ahead and read.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2013
[b][/b]
odilibe: My 2.4mtr pan antenna now disabled..very strange! Inverto black ultra quad offset lnbf with cut feed-horn beats inverto red classic c120 and inverto black pro c120 lnb on my 3mtr locally made dish pointing to nilesat 7west in Enugu...while the red classic lnb slightly better than the black pro twin c120 lnb on my 2.4mtr dish..

Finally tested amiko alien 2 ..in nigeria with android phone hotspot open wifi all web application ¤ iptv, webtv, web portal; filmon tv etc working very well in nigeria..though needs high speed internet that is all for now

Cheers

Can someone post a clear picture of how an offset LNB with cut feed-horn looks like? I have been hearing that cutting an LNB improves performamnce but I have not seen how its done exactly. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by akinsola118: 9:35am On Jul 23, 2013
plzzzz my people , wat are the numbers of the free channels and d tp i can pick frm the dstv position with my hitv mpeg2 decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by billamo: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2013
Kingjames:

Hello brite,
Am not trying to find out how to upgrade my stb OTA, hence with due respect to Setoop's explanation, it has no relevance to my enquiry.
I/we want to know like I highlighted how the upgrade has improved ur rx (eg fixing the infinity signal)
or the possible demerits (eg if it disabled the patch function)
however since you dont know, I call on those who did the OTA upgrade to relay the impacts to the forum.
Tx.
I ve done de upgrade and dat is exactly what happened. de option was removed and consat stable but still scrambled.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Good morning Mr Odilibe,
finally you have set up your 3m dish. Well done. Can you post the reading, I mean the performance of those your precious lnb in percentage from different satellite. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by staddos: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2013
odilibe: My 2.4mtr pan antenna now disabled..very strange! Inverto black ultra quad offset lnbf with cut feed-horn beats inverto red classic c120 quad and inverto black pro twin c120 lnb on my 3mtr locally made dish pointing to nilesat 7west in Enugu...while the red classic quad lnb slightly better than the black pro twin c120 lnb on my 2.4mtr dish..

Cheers

Pls Odilibe, can you post pictures of the cut feed-horn you mentioned in your post. Secondly it would be good if you could also explain in detail the test you conducted on Inverto black ultra,Inverto Red Classic and Inverto black pro. Lastly did you get the same results on both 2.4m and 3m dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2013
Boadu: All those channels are subscription based, as Prof Olenyi will put it!!! Unless you buy their card or pay their monthly subscription.
@ Boadu i really appreciate ur reply more grace, but is any satelite i can track with 1m dish dat i can get FTA sport channels exept amos 5, astra 28.2 and w3a/sirius 5.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by wasman01(m): 11:50am On Jul 23, 2013
Boadu: All those channels are subscription based, as Prof Olenyi will put it!!! Unless you buy their card or pay their monthly subscription.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Boadu: 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Apart from the satellites you have listed, I think your last resort will be to go C-BAND.
wasman01: @ Boadu i really appreciate ur reply more grace, but is any satelite i can track with 1m dish dat i can get FTA sport channels exept amos 5, astra 28.2 and w3a/sirius 5.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pls gurus i need a strong tp for w3c/amos 5 mpeg 2 pls its urgent because i'm in the villa now to hunt NTA and AIT for my old papa
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
Easy200: Pls gurus i need a strong tp for w3c/amos 5 mpeg 2 pls its urgent because i'm in the villa now to hunt NTA and AIT for my old papa
with mpeg2 dcoder,it's a no go area for Ait n Nta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Easy200: Pls gurus i need a strong tp for w3c/amos 5 mpeg 2 pls its urgent because i'm in the villa now to hunt NTA and AIT for my old papa

roman001: with mpeg2 dcoder,it's a no go area for Ait n Nta.

Exactly. They are mpeg4 signals. U should have made sure before going to the villa. But u could still get the other mpeg two signal/channels.

Try 11881 v 27500.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kingjames(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
billamo: I ve done de upgrade and dat is exactly what happened. de option was removed and consat stable but still scrambled.

Tx Bill, that mytv upgrade looks more to me like a virus.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by upright2010: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
@all, kindly help me 1. if sirus4, w3a, new dawn and 7w are trackable with mpeg 2rx and if so with what tps? 2. Which of strong rx is better in term of futuristic advantage, 4940, 4975, 4922a ... Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy200: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
pls gurus how much is 2.4m dish

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.