Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,121 members, 7,943,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 01:05 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5573647 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (2356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 6:40am On Dec 24, 2011
With 60cm, u can hit ab7 nwa beam,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2011
Some one should also confirm too if ab7 nwa beam is receivable with 60cm and lnb skewing position, thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 11:12am On Dec 24, 2011
Kungu:

Good Afternoon

Atlantic bird 7 west africa beam  1st frequency active,

As per Flysat, try frequency 11162 V DVB-S 27500
Hosting channels,
l Maghribia (5)
Al Aoula Laayoune (1)
Al Aoula Maroc (1)
Arrabiâ (4)
Al Aoula Inter (1)
Assadissa (6)
Medi 1 TV
Arryadia (3)
Tamazight (cool

Happy hunting,

This is what we are talking about.Thanks Kungu for this wonderful update.Now those with huge dishes can tweak around this frequency to see if the others can pop out.Thanks again and a merry christmas to you and all loyal productive nairalanders.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2011
swordswifter:

This is what we are talking about.Thanks Kungu for this wonderful update.Now those with huge dishes can tweak around this frequency to see if the others can pop out.Thanks again and a merry christmas to you and all loyal productive nairalanders.

I tried the frequency around 12 noon,the signal was poor on 3m fibre,I will try again tonight
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
badaru1:

I tried the frequency around 12 noon,the signal was poor on 3m fibre,I will try again tonight
hi Badaru1,
I've also done a preliminary test on this frequency a couple of minutes ago on my 1.8m motorized pan dish and it doesn't look good at all.I've noticed some signal activities around that 7deg west vicinity but the frequency is still popping fluctuating in the red.Since i've been cured from ASAS for some time now i'm not in a hurry to carry any tracking tools out.Maybe i'll do that after the christmas festivities on my 3m "semi-mesh dish" so i'll be looking to you guys(nairalanders in general) for any latest updates on this bird.Cheers! grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ All, days of tracking of nilesat with much stress will soon be over. With that transponder on AB7 for N.W.A, it will now be easier because it will be used as reference point for tracking and for us who are in West Africa. I know that soonest that weak trasponder will be strong. Regards to all the member of the house. Merry xmas.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2011
I try again this afternoon with 80cm and 1.8m stil i couldn't hit green on ab7 nwa, tomorrow is another day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 1:33pm On Dec 24, 2011
@badaru&swordwifter the much said ab7 nwafrica is not coming up on 2.4mt in lagos i track it for good 3hours before going to bed yesterday 8pm without any sucess on motorised, despite having nile beaming @64%&57% but let keep our finger accross mery xmass all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 5:09pm On Dec 24, 2011
Did anyone had these channels on ab7/ku in west africa yet,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2011
During my nilesat work. I got AB7 (11.161) at 48% with all its channels freezing on my 3m dish after a blind scan when my nile102 mbc(11.938V) initial work is at 54%. But after working on my dish with nile102 mbc(11.938) at 66%, the AB7s tp went red. The issue is that AB7 is receivable in Nigeria but one should work with both nilesat tp and AB7 tp when doing installation. If you work with only nilesat tp, you will end up not hitting green on AB7. A little LNB tweaking with nilesat as reference point will give you green on AB7 with a 3m dish.
Note that I left AB7 alone because if I got both birds green at same time, my target nile201 jsc+5-+10 which is @61% from 7-8pm and 58% in the day will reduce to 52%. Thanks and merry xmas to all sat mates. FTA we live.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Marc33: 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2011
Hello Gadotor,

It seems that the West Africa beam is no longer broadcasting. I was able a few days ago to get it (frequency 11163/V/27499 -see attached pic). The beam should normally get back to life soon.
Regards

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olupeace12: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2011
@all.pls can anybody can tell me about sportmax jamica i want 2to confm may be is t fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2011
Marc33:

Hello Gadotor,

It seems that the West Africa beam is no longer broadcasting. I was able a few days ago to get it (frequency 11163/V/27499 -see attached pic). The beam should normally get back to life soon.
Regards
We hope so,this is wonderful to west africa,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2011
@all, tried to track ab7 last night invain on my motorised 2.4m. Lets hope it is what Mac33 holds
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
11162 fail to hit green on 2.4m.sportmax from jamaica.dont waste you time .its both free and encrypted.Getting the signal here will be hell on top of roof like 10m dish. LOL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Arselona1(m): 12:37am On Dec 25, 2011
hi peole in the forum.hope u re taking this seasonal holidays delightedly.cud u plse rescan ur decoders to receive w4 atn.merry xmas.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 25, 2011
I will go back to my dish to confirm if ab7 is still on, to confirm the above claim after celebrations. Then keep the house posted.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:38am On Dec 25, 2011
May the christmas season fill our heart with joy,our heart with good channels and laughter,general sathob,salamander,george-d,simmboma,illish,miju,sunny78,obnelly,auchs,brite02,d-lee,swordswifter,badaru1.ihack.ameboperoo,dodos,ike1844,kungu,twinskenny,ikirye,adex70.,pofolo,olofofo,twinsoris,odilibe,sammu,esuo2.and my good friend SOPHIEAMORE1,and many more l can,t mention or omit here, l wish all sat-mates merry christmas
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2011
@ gadoto, Thank you. Wishing you double of that.
@all sat-mates a Merry Xmas and Prosperous NewYear. The year has gradually rolled to its end. Precious one congratulations for your understanding, brotherlyness, goodwill and coorperation. May the friendship that has been genrated by SAT bind and see us to places the comming year. kiss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2011
GADOTOR & ALL
i can't begin to name all, coz they are many i wish u guys a peaceful merry xmas & new year in advance, u guys are great. if i say i did not benefit alot from here that will be an understatement, no one comes into this forum & remain the same.

MERRY XMAS ALL.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:05am On Dec 25, 2011
GADOTOR,thanx bro.Happy Christmas and compliments of the season.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by badaru1(m): 9:17am On Dec 25, 2011
@Gadator

Thanks for the greeting

@All
AB7 is not yet friendly for us in lagos area,Nilesat 101 is still better for now. I got over 300 channels on AB7 but the highest signal I got was 56% which is poor. Most of the tps are not 24/7. They come early morning or at night. We shall keep our finger cross. Happy xmas to all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2011
williams85:

With 60cm, u can hit ab7 nwa beam,
Is that right grin, referring to NWA beam the satellite owners claims 42dBW =110CM aproximate for nigeria, while other north-africa/west-african countries recommended dish sizes reduced to 65cm-80cm Aproximate.

@Gadotor thanks, wish you same,and merry xmas @all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2011
Mbc picks atlantic-bird 7 for expansion ,Eutelsat communications and MBC group announce the signature of a multiyear contract for capacity on eutelsat's new atlantic bird 7 satellite @ 7west. The lease of a full transponder will enable MBC  to expand its platform of channels addressing viewers in the middle east and north africa, particularly new HD content which the group is preparing to launch in january 2012. The announcement was made at digital tv middle east,the broadcast and broadband conference which took place in dubai on november 2011.read more at>>>  (www.broadbandtvnews.com/2011/11/mbc-picks-atlantic-bird-for-expansion/)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 11:13am On Dec 25, 2011
Just finished putting the last touch on the Christmas Tree,

Off to give Santa a push,

He got stuck in this part of the world will on transit from the North pole,

As we celebrate Christmas, let us not forget the true Meaning of Christmas,

The true meaning of Christmas is love.
John 3:16-17 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." The true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of this incredible act of love.

The real Christmas story is the story of God's becoming a human being in the Person of Jesus Christ. Why did God do such a thing? Because He loves us! Why was Christmas necessary? Because we needed a Savior! Why does God love us so much? Because He is love itself (1 John 4:8 ). Why do we celebrate Christmas each year? Out of gratitude for what God did for us, we remember His birth by giving each other gifts, worshiping Him, and being especially conscious of the poor and less fortunate.

The true meaning of Christmas is love. God loved His own and provided a way—the only Way—for us to spend eternity with Him. He gave His only Son to take our punishment for our sins. He paid the price in full, and we are free from condemnation when we accept that free gift of love. "But God demonstrated His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8 ).

Blessed Christmas all,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
Gadator ,so thoughtful of your brother.Thanks for the warmly greetings.I really appreciate it.Friend you are just one in a million.keep the flag flying together we can make the world a better place .Happy Holidays and Regards to your family.Shalom
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2011
THE JOY IS SO FULL MY HEART TO THE EXTEND THAT I CANNOT MENTION ALL THE SAT FAMILY NAMES ON NAIRALAND FTA , I WISH EVERYONE AND THOSE THAT I KNOW AND MAY NOT KNOW , MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE MAY THE JOY OF THE YEAR BRING US HAPPINESS AND PROGRESS AND ALSO MORE CHANNELS AND MORE SATELLITE AND ABOVE ALL LONG LIFE TO ALL THE FTA FAMILY.
I USE THIS MEDIUM IN FRENCH LANGUAGE TO SAY , BONNE FETE ET JOYEUX NOEL, MERCI BOUCOUP !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by esuo2(m): 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2011
seasons greetings to all satemates especially I Hacked
Mr Kungu,that was a beautiful lesson you presented,I never knew you are also very good on the pulpit
merry x'mas
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 7:48pm On Dec 25, 2011
Compliments of the season to everyone.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2011
@ all
well done gadotor dis is the true meaning of a brother in the house.merry xmas and a wonderful happy new year to all lovers of this great forum.lets keep the flag flying and also extend a hand of fellowship to our estranged bros Ihacked,we still love u even if u kip your discoveries away from d house cheers all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2011
A merry xmass to all d members of this great forum; especially to my pal and fta mentor, sammu.I owe u a debt of gratitude for all the tp and sr u are always so willing to give out. Thank u!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2011
badaru1:

@All
AB7 is not yet friendly for us in lagos area,Nilesat 101 is still better for now. I got over 300 channels on AB7 but the highest signal I got was 56% which is poor. Most of the tps are not 24/7. They come early morning or at night. We shall keep our finger cross. Happy xmas to all.

@badaru,
As it was with 201,lets give AB7 some time. I'm sure those transponders will become more stable over time. And I also forsee more tps being released that will carry those channels migrating from 102.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (2356) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.