Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,354 members, 7,888,124 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:01 PM

Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram (7794 Views)

Where Were Niger-Delta Senators & Reps When Lagos Calabar Rail Was Removed? / Saraki: CCB In Fresh Move Against Senators, Reps / Bayelsa Senators, Reps Back Patience Jonathan Against Dickson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by redsun(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
It is a state of emergency that is d soldiers are there.Soldiers are trained to fight war and kill enemies not to police
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by ksjmode: 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
I always know it will soon come to this, AMNESTY!!!
It's just an abuse of waiver for enforcement of law and order in society!
The larger part of the blame also goes to we Nigerians,, When 'some' people are facing the weight of the law as a result of alleged corruption case(s). We are quick to assume that such move is witch-hunting against these politicians!
The little difference between Nigeria and other developed Nations of the world is the Respect for Law & order, and it's enforcement.
With reference to the issue of AMNESTY,
The killings are very unjustifiable and should be dealt with as such. The original intent is to make the country ungovernable and subsequently be granted amnesty with cash award as it was in the case of Niger Delta militants!
Pls, I stand to be corrected on my reaction to this post but imagine your family as a victim of these senseless KILLINGS!
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2011
Granting dem amnesty is accepting defeat to henious islamism,like in d case of taliban in afghanistan.A Dark age era
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
There are some sensibility in d bokos open letter to gej,that is if they wrote it.Their grievances in that letter seem like
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2011
that of normal peeps,calling for a halt to gross social,economic and injustices in d society.
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2011
When are we youths going to start protesting against these leaders? I mean peaceful and effective protest. Do you think Nigerian youths can conduct a peaceful protest ?
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by redsun(m): 2:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
If that is what they are fighting for,i will be 100 percent behind dem not for an era that pre dates muhammad,.
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by Gbawe: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
I can see why Beaf and other GEJ fans left Nairaland ASAP or have gone into hiding . It is now becoming impossible to defend GEJ's leadership. The words and utterances of the GEJ apologists has now come back to haunt them and they know it will only get worse.

They bragged , especially Beaf, that GEJ would use the "unmatchable might" of the Nigerian Armed forces to "crush" any post-election violence aimed at destabilizing his Government. All we are getting is inaction and capitulation while Boko Haram gets stronger to the extent that they even attempted to assassinate our IG of Police. They have also fearlessly listed Aso Rock as one of their target. It is clear the man they touted as an individual of "action" is , in reality, far from interested in "action" or making brave decision that would mean he has to confront some 'heavyweights' and mix it 'toe to toe' . I dey laff.
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by owellee: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
Thats a stupid idea
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by kufreabasi(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2011
After killing innocent peoples, what amnesty do they want president to grant these miscrant? After wasting a lot of innocent blood.
No amnesty. Will the boko haram bring back to live the wasted souls they have send to early graves should amnesty be granted them? These show the kind of senators and reps that want to rule Nigeria. May God forgive them
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by oskajil: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
How on earth will amnesty be granted to a terrorist group, who have no genuine cause, you do not negotiate with terrorists, u fight them to finish, withdrawal of JTF is not sensible as there in no alternative to maintain peace in Borno
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by ksjmode: 5:47am On Jul 19, 2011
I am yet to understand why the issue of AMNESTY should be an option if there is value on human life!
A number kids and olds alike were massacre in JOS Plateau, then Post election violence that led to lifes been wasted including National Youth Corpers!
Now the Killings continues for just no cause!
Granting them Amnesty could only amount to failure to combat Criminality and other gangs in various part of the country would soon began licentious attacks knowing fully well that all will end up AMNESTY!!!
Another look at this nefarious acts is to an intent to make the country ungovernable as previously sensitized by some people that the larger populace begin to loose interest in this present government and indeed democracy itself as it was the case of FIRST REPUBLIC. The result is Military take over!
The task before the Government is to regain the confidence of the Citizenry not by granting amnesty at will but taking full control of security of Lifes and property within the borders from internal and external aggression. These people have asked for 'war' and are even prepared to die, so give it to them!
Otherwise, everybody would start carrying weapons and hope Amnesty be granted,
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by lanre88(m): 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
Being a strategist for the boko haram wont be a bad idea though (thinking of submitting my cv to them).

Sure their pay will be a little more than what MEND gets (since new minimum wage has been implemented) plus a trip to USA, UK OR CANADA.

That's why i like democracy,anything is possible. Why wont those morons support the idea since their brain is well focused on what they get at the end of the year.

Just a few blast and those baggars are already shaking. They (corrupt ones) shall rot in hell.
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by lanre88(m): 11:25pm On Jul 19, 2011
What is hell is actually working in this country? No light,good roads,poor standard of living, quack graduates (quacks dont get jobs that's why we have large chunk of unemployed youths, myself inclusive)

Wonder if the next generation got hope for a better future? So many woes have crippled the growth of this country.

Welcome to the new era 9janistan, more bizarre news coming ya way.
Re: Senators, Reps Back Amnesty For Boko Haram by KRSWon: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2021
Seems little has changed since then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck And Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Interview On ABN Digital / Buhari Says Nigeria Has 35 States? / Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.