Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:51 AM

Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi (39447 Views)

Presidential Poll: Atiku, Obi Head To Court As Tinubu Pledges Fairness / Tinubu's Picture: The Apology That TVC News Will Never Make - Atiku's Aide, Ibe / OGD, Dickson, Iweala, Fayose, Others Make Atiku’s VP List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by CurrentSamuel(m): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
Biafra
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Tareq1105: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
wirinet:

South South will never agree to go back to the Eastern region. They fought tooth and nail to leave the Eastern region and there were wild celebrations when General Gowon split them from the Eastern region.

Don't mind them and their overrated Obi thinking that south south people are fools. It's only a fool that would allow Omo Ibo, that can never be trusted, to rule him. Tinubu would not be accepted by south west but Obi would be acceptable to south east and south south. Foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by PericomaNwankwo: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2022
foryourmind:
Yoruba will fight tooth and nail to reject Tinubu ruling them but will want him to ooze his mouth odor and Parkinson disease on all Nigerians.

Atiku may or may not be accepted by the North.

Peter Obi can be made life president of Eastern Region.

Really?? So how come Anambra is nothing different from other states??

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by udemzeus(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
This is the best way to go, but the North does not want that to happen

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by sulaak(m): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I'm form south south and I think Okey bakkasi is very naive hear. Nigerian has gone past the era of 3regions. Unless you are telling me that ur brother Ironsi who dismantled regionalism was most foolish.
Also, in ur comment you said it was only Edo and some part of Delta that was not part of the Eastern region (meaning some parts of Delta was part of the Eastern region). Kindly tell us which part of Delta was part of old eastern region

Delta was part of the Western region under the Awolowo government, Zik, Belewa and Bello were locked up Awo on trumped up charges then split the SW

Image of Nigeria 1960-63

Image of Nigeria 1963-67

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by PrincessofDSS(f): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Multiplier7:
I will suggest to everyone to go and listen to Peter Obi's interviews on Channels television and Arise Tv. Come back and tell me why you will not vote for him

Too bad… Nigerians don’t want to listen because poverty and hatred has caused them ear infection

All they’re good at is tribal banter online and picking of crumbs

Every Nigerian is a longer throat personified

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by aribisala0(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Eboe sense
Azikiwe very happily collaborated with Balewa to carve the MidWest out of the Western Region While suppressing agitations among the Efil/Ibibio and Ijaw in the Eastern Region

2 Likes

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by ikenna34: 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
No need of flogging a dead wood. Country don cast. All of us go nowhere.
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by adekolaelect(m): 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
foryourmind:
Yoruba will fight tooth and nail to reject Tinubu ruling them but will want him to ooze his mouth odor and Parkinson disease on all Nigerians.

shut up . You and your poeple will still rush to SW state to survive .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by lolu2019: 9:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tomek09:

Could you remember the condition of Anambra before Obi's emergence?? Like the State was nothing to write home about. If not for Obi, Anambra would have been an object of ridicule in Nigeria by now.
what is it now.object of what?

2 Likes

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
sulaak:

Delta was part of the Western region under the Awolowo government, Zik, Belewa and Bello were locked up Awo on trumped up charges then split the SW

Image of Nigeria 1960-63

Image of Nigeria 1963-67
Bro I know about the mid west that's where I come from. But the person I mentioned his inferred in his post that it was some parts of Delta was part of old eastern region.
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by SpecialEdition: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

You are right! Every one one can see how Obi transformed Anambra in 8 years. Someone said on this forum he bought ventilators for Anambra!

8 years of rule with no legacy or outstanding infrastructure, rather, loot pipelines were created to Panama.

Olodo

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by gwinaB(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
What will happen to the other regions or places like Edo and Delta state?

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Kennitrust(m): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Multiplier7:
I will suggest to everyone to go and listen to Peter Obi's interviews on Channels television and Arise Tv. Come back and tell me why you will not vote for him
even on berekete show...
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by sulaak(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Multiplier7:
PrincessofDSS:

Too bad… Nigerians don’t want to listen because poverty and hatred has caused them ear infection

All they’re good at is tribal banter online and picking of crumbs

Every Nigerian is a longer throat personified

Igbo's are the architect of this mess called Nigeria, your leaders worked against the regional system of government when they were the dominant political leaders in the 1950s and 60s.

Zik was always in favour of a unitary system and it was Ironsi that decreed the Unitary system of government. Why should the SS, SW and North ever trust another Igbo leader because he talks better than the rest?

Let the Igbo's first develop their utopia in the SE then we will follow the Igbo's.

2 Likes

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by lolu2019: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Bahamas95:
E for make sense like this. Competition would make them perform because nobody would like to be left behind.

I know it won't be possible because Northerners would kick against it cos they ain't tired of eating our oyel money.
and what do u think the Igbo people also wants. they also want the oyel thereby enslaving u guys in ur own land.they are already referring u people as minority anyway.

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by olas24u(f): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
Coolsperm:
We Yoruba Christian's will never ever vote Muslim Muslim ticket

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by SpecialEdition: 9:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
adekolaelect:
shut up . You and your poeple will still rush to SW state to survive .
I will leave you to Remi.

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by SpecialEdition: 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
sulaak:

Igbo's are the architect of this mess called Nigeria, your leaders worked against the regional system of government when they were the dominant political leaders in the 1950s and 60s.

Zik was always in favour of a unitary system and it was Ironsi that decreed the Unitary system of government. Why should the SS, SW and North ever trust another Igbo leader because he talks better than the rest?

Let the Igbo's first develop their utopia in the SE then we will follow the Igbo's.
go verify and stop chatting rubbish

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Dartilo(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
What i am sure about is that Midwest would be a separate region,not any form of marriage with either the west or east
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by walefresh3(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
SARSCoV2:

You are right! Every one one can see how Obi transformed Anambra in 8 years. Someone said on this forum he bought ventilators for Anambra!

8 years of rule with no legacy or outstanding infrastructure, rather, loot pipelines were created to Panama.

Ibos don scam demself with social media . ... Nawa oooo.... Even obi will not dear compare his mediocrity achievements with our able leader achievements

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by nnamdi640: 9:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
foryourmind:

You said it all. They just want to force spoilt garbage to all of us. Wicked set of people
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by wirinet(m): 9:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
sulaak:

Lagos is Yoruba land, led by Yoruba leaders for hundreds of years. Lagos's economy cannot survive without the support of the surrounding Yoruba economies, the city is expanding into Ogun state and Oyo states with the introduction of express roads and modern railways.

The Lekki Port will integrate and expand industrial development into Ondo/Ogun.

I laugh at my Igbo brothers, that try and influence an independent Lagos and wonder why Yoruba's refuse to support their interest in Nigeria.
You are only being emotional instead of logical. The word Yoruba is a relatively new term. The people grouped as Yoruba today started as various diverse ethnic groups like Oyo, egba, Egun, Ife, etc. The part that comprised Lagos was inhabited by the Ijebus, the Eguns, the Aworis and the Edos ( who created the first monarchy).

Lagos was not politically under the Westen Region during the first Republic. Even in the third and fourth Republic, Lagos has been clamouring for a special status. I doubt Lagos would want to be subservient to a political South West region except of course political power (Capital) resides in Lagos.
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Rivguydee(m): 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Casted talk? Dem tell you say Niger Delta go gree dey under Eastern region?

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by walefresh3(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dartilo:
What i am sure about is that Midwest would be a separate region,not any form of marriage with either the west or east

Ibos don scam demself with social media . ... Nawa oooo.... Even obi will not dear compare his mediocrity achievements with our able leader achievements

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by sulaak(m): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
Dartilo:

The midwest's best hope is to align with the SE, SS or SW it's too small to stand on its own.

I will suggest it join the SE to give the Igbo access to the sea via the delta state.
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Badgers14: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tomek09:

Could you remember the condition of Anambra before Obi's emergence?? Like the State was nothing to write home about. If not for Obi, Anambra would have been an object of ridicule in Nigeria by now.

Obi picked up Anambra from where Mbadinuju left it in the mud!
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by sulaak(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
wirinet:

You are only being emotional instead of logical. The word Yoruba is a relatively new term. The people grouped as Yoruba today started as various diverse ethnic groups like Oyo, egba, Egun, Ife, etc. The part that comprised Lagos was inhabited by the Ijebus, the Eguns, the Aworis and the Edos ( who created the first monarchy).

Lagos was not politically under the Westen Region during the first Republic. Even in the third and fourth Republic, Lagos has been clamouring for a special status. I doubt Lagos would want to be subservient to a political South West region except of course political power (Capital) resides in Lagos.

I haven't got time to educate you, but Lagos was political under the SW in the 1960s, the Federal government-controlled Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Apapa port and some parts of Lagos Island. The majority of Lagos state with its capital in Ikeja was part of the old Western region this including Suru-Lere, Ikorudu, Epe, Agege , Mushin etc

2 Likes

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Blesser28(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tomek09:

Most of have short memory tho
Em should get some pen drive to enchane their capacity
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Rivguydee(m): 10:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Okey bakkasi, sorry to correct you, four (4)regions, South south will have someone from South south.
Thank you very much my brother. We are supporting Obi right now not because of any affiliation with the South East whatsoever. Na just say we need a revolution for 9ja. No take am like say we are together.

1 Like

Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by PrincessofDSS(f): 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
sulaak:

You’re still at it again? Is it inbuilt? Factory fitted or something?

grin grin grin grin You can’t do without isn’t it?
Re: Make Nigeria 3 Regions; Make Atiku, Tinubu, Obi Head The 3 Regions -Okey Bakassi by Blesser28(m): 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
Badgers14:

Obi picked up Anambra from where Mbadinuju left it in the mud!

Before mbadinuju the state was control by rogues and crooks cc Uba and pdp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi Applauds LP for Reviewing Imo Governorship Nomination Form / Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) / A LASTMA Officer Humiliated By A Policeman At Ajah, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.