Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (28529 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by peggywebbs(f): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
My dear Nigerians please don't sell your vote come 2023. If you're lucky to survive this Buhari's government...you have not died of poverty, committed suicide, kidnapped, killed by herdsmen or accident. Please vote for a competent candidate.

Remember that if you sell your vote for 1000, 2000, or 5000...the person you're putting there will be earning millions monthly. Your 2k will finish that day, and you will suffer. We need someone that will fix economy now, restore Nigeria.

Please put aside your hatred for Igbos...we need Peter Obi not because he is Igbo but because we need someone who is competent. If you want your suffering to end, put aside your tribe, put aside political gain. None of this politicians rate you, you only get the crumbs at the expense of your suffering.

Please vote to save Nigeria, vote to save your life.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by moneyissweet(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
See them , confused fellows.

Go and listen to the one jagaban speaks while encouraging 50 million Nigerian youths to join the nigerian army

Ezie

Eniitankorede:
Can Obi speak proper English at all?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by sweetjohn(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Can Obi speak proper English at all?
He graduated with first class in philosophy during his undergraduate days. He has chairman several popular banks including Fidelity Nigeria before becoming a governor. You are the dullest person alive

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Treasure17(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
My distinguished Mr president.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by LaconicINC: 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
babag93:
Unfortunately Mr. Obi,
Happenings in Ekiti even with the youths flaunting ill gotten money, show that we are not there yet and cannot get there even in 2023.
I hope you don’t give up on Nigeria because they’ll embarrass you next year.
this is a sad reality, I gave up when I watched some of the videos
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Juanmike(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share
Since 2009, they have been launching fresh...
Shame no dey catch you, 70 years old...
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:

A third class in philosophy you are comparing to medicine?

SHAMELESS CHEAP PAID AGENT!!!

PETER OBI IS THE MAN. IF YOU CANNOT WITHSTAND IT, YOU CAN HIT YOUR HEAD ON THE WALL.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by descarado: 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
The concern of an average Nigerian is who throws money around so they can grap.

Characteristic of poor people.

Bring let us eat.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Halo22: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Well I like Peter Obi's prudent lifestyle, but saying he didn't build house in his Agulu hometown because of his mansion in Onitsha is a hell no for me. Ndi si n'aku ruo ulo a malu onye kpatara ya.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by tibatobi: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Na God say make south east na get oil....there whala for too much.... imagine closing down a church because a man of God said the truth....no tolerance...

I know that ibo cannot have a 5 % opportunity to rule Nigeria..... So dey are always pain when dey see other tribe ahead of them

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Ambassadors: 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
I and my family are Obi-dient. If there is a way i can vote for you 1million times i will. We no come to suffer for this life.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by McBishop2020: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share

Are you done?

How far with the AGF's #80 billion?

I remain OBIdient!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by taretoofine(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
I just love the man Peter obi
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by PoliteActivist: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
[b]Alleged

You've already been told, your pathetic attempts at misinformation and character assassination ain't gonna work. People already KNOW the fundamental of Obi's nature as a human being - this is a person who simply doesn't care much about status or money. It is like trying to tell people that Tinubu and Atiku are honest! cheesy
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by tonyashburton: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
Abeg who is behind this YouTube channel?The guy needs to stay off the air with his stupid ass voice.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Emmanuelt48(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
peter obi 2023...we move
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by nedekid: 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

The question is why was he not prosecuted? Obi was in the opposition. He lost his mandate 2ce and had to go to court to retrieve it.
It is just like wike, who is in the opposition is found with billions, then the apc gov refuses to prosecute him after office or use it for political advantage.
Unless, it the case held no merit.
Have you seen a thief that sees money to steal and the leaves it?
I believe you are a rational person. Have you seen a thief that comes to your house to rob, sees 1m there you kept in your safe. After the thief leaves you then find 100m in the safe.
Common sense should tell you this story has more to it. It has k leg.
Its just like saying Tinubu needed cash and then asked oluomo to loan him 500k. Will you believe such story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5WFJjYSXw

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi who left arrears of salaries and pensions in the bank in the name of saving thinks he knows how to use money.

You take people's money and put in the bank instead of paying them, and you think that is good for individuals and the economy.

How can you grow an economy if you don't release money into it?

People should rather starve.

Peter Obi must never be president.

It is funny how the same people who criticize Buhari's frugality praise Obi's frugality.

Frugality will not grow an economy.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HRMK: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
SO,REFUSING TO BUY A CAR FOR YOUR GROWN UP BIOLOGICAL SON ISNT PART OF BN STINGY?OBVIOUSLY YOU WANT YOUR SON TO GO THROUGH SAME STRESS YOU EXPERIENCED WHILE GROWING UP!THAT IS NOT ONLY BN STINGY BUT WICKEDNESS!I REALLY DONT CARE IF U DONT ASSIST OTHERS BUT THAT OF YOUR SON REALLY MADE ME TO BE SHORT OF WORDS!A BILLIONAIRE FOR THAT MATTER!!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
He's frugal, not stingy. You, dimwits, should learn the difference.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by babag93: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
LaconicINC:
this is a sad reality, I gave up when I watched some of the videos
I have chosen not to live in denial. I have given up all hope.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Glycosunde: 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
My only problem is that with what happened in Ekiti Election and might happen in Osun Election due to vote buying, except there is a major paradigm shift, we are not going anywhere. People are still going to sell their votes and also vote due to tribal and religious sentiments. We have much to do as a people if we really want to salvage whatever is left of this country. Massive sensitization of the illiterates should be the major way to go as PDP and APC are going to spend a lot of money just to get the presidency and keep everyone else in advert poverty. Let us start the process of making people actually know why they should not mortgage their future and that of their kids and families just for any amount of money.

Meanwhile: My household, friends and I are all OBIdients

VOTE MASSIVELY FOR PETER OBI

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HallaDaTruth: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi is a great man
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share
Mr copy and paste.
This issue has been solved already since 2009.
For verification,check David Hundeyin's timeline on Twitter.
Stop sharing fake news. It shows how low and jobless you are.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Lightorder: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Why is that Tinubu is always associated with fraud and vote buying? Does it mean that Tinubu cannot win in a free and fair election?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Okunga: 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

Bro try rest oooo!!
I no say e no easy to demarket good product.
Easy you hear.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Antai123(m): 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi, has tried to even indicate interest to serve the gullible people of Nigeria. Some of us decent Nigerians ought to be in decent countries like England, Dubai etc not the Zoo called Nigeria, where unreasonable idiots will be hailing Tinubu, with health issues and Old age to rule a country full of banditory, corruption, and Poor economy. Where will this country be after 8 years of Tinubu riegn¿?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
HRMK:
SO,REFUSING TO BUY A CAR FOR YOUR GROWN UP BIOLOGICAL SON ISNT PART OF BN STINGY?OBVIOUSLY YOU WANT YOUR SON TO GO THROUGH SAME STRESS YOU EXPERIENCED WHILE GROWING UP!THAT IS NOT ONLY BN STINGY BUT WICKEDNESS!I REALLY DONT CARE IF U DONT ASSIST OTHERS BUT THAT OF YOUR SON REALLY MADE ME TO BE SHORT OF WORDS!A BILLIONAIRE FOR THAT MATTER!!
He didn't buy a car for his son and so what?.
Is his son not doing well for himself overseas, owns a group of companies and can buy whatever car hi money can buy.

Stop taking other people's family matters personal
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HRMK: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
sweetjohn:
He graduated with first class in philosophy during his undergraduate days. He has chairman several popular banks including Fidelity Nigeria before becoming a governor. You are the dullest person alive
THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE COULD SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Antai123(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
HRMK:
Get shorter fool!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Borno Elders Demand Jonathan’s Apology Over Killings / Fayose Sacks Aide Over Eid El-kabir Prayers Improper Coverage / President Buhari's Working Visit In Nasarawa State In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.