Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,783 members, 7,898,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (28522 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by blowjohn(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
NetValueFX:
Obi has given his track Record so many times.
As far back as early 90s the guy don dey count millions in hard currency even when not in government.

Let others show us how they made their wealth before being in government!

U mean tinubu or atiku has not been doing same since the 80s?

By the way having a wedding in London is not expensive?

But I do want this man to wins sha
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Peter Obi who left arrears of salaries and pensions in the bank in the name of saving thinks he knows how to use money.

You take people's money and put in the bank instead of paying them, and you think that is good for individuals and the economy.

How can you grow an economy if you don't release money into it?

People should rather starve.

Peter Obi must never be president.

It is funny how the same people who criticize Buhari's frugality praise Obi's frugality.

Frugality will not grow an economy.
Frugality in governance reduces the cost of governance.
It is an Excellent trait of a good leader.
FYI, he never owed any body pension or salary before handing over.
I 'm an indigene of anambra state, so allow me to school you.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by adekolaelect(m): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
brightonos24:
Peter Obi React to Mbaka Accusation- I am not stingy, Am allergy for money being spent wrongly

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mbZbp-0rcM

https://www.facebook.com/pressexpressngr/photos/a.100206274858282/120532899492286/?type=3&scmts=scwspsdd

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce_3qrWpLKg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
You left Nigeria to do your weeding abroad you no spend wrongly? You built a house in your state capital but you failed to mention the one you built at Lagos ? Or are you telling me na only one building you have like Bubu used to prove that later send Nigeria backwards ?? You can decide not to spend your money but you must spend governments money .this is the reasion you don't deserve to become president bcs hunger will kill many Nigerians and your government will not stable and Beneficial to many middle and poor poeple in Nigeria. A stingy man will not enjoy himself even his Naphor will not enjoy him too. There is too much hunger in the land we need someone who can spend money to suppress the power of hunger in the land. Ask them in osun Oyetola is a good manager of resources who don't borrow but paying salaries and little project he could but yet they don't like him not because of anything But his stingynes ask them why they are following Adeleke Nothing but his ability to spend money for poeple. Where is love when there in no gift?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Cantonese: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
OP how does this story sound to you? Some of you our young fellows on this forum just do not tend to give some proper thoughts before agreeing and disseminating wrong information. You just copied and pasted without properly analyzing what you posted

In the irresponsible write up, it was stated that the governor was asked by the commissioner of police to write a statement. Where in our laws have you heard that a sitting governor was ordered by either a CP or IG to write a statement of defence the police before being allowed to go, by their rights? Where have you heard that the convoy of a sitting governor was stopped just like that on the basis of such information? Do you think that with 250 million in the trunks of cars, any of the occupants would expose themselves to danger, potentially armed robbers?

Make una get small sense na.

Even OBJ testified to the integrity of Peter Obi, above other candidates. With all the years of suffering and hardship under nepotism and economy stagnation, added to the reckless looting, why have you failed to point at those who have raped you economically? Why do you still follow, with the power of bewitchment, those who make it their occupation to impoverish you.

Choose wisely next time.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by McBishop2020: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Can Obi speak proper English at all?

Is the ability to speak proper English now the matter? Is it now the criteria for being a good president?

I'm still searching for something so damning on this guy's record. If I can find any, I will simply become disOBIdient, and will never go for either Atiku or Tinubu.

Before that, I remain fully OBIdient!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by oloyedewaris(m): 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bendeco02:

So now you have shifted from, pandora to stingy, now your issue is whether he can speak proper english?

Mumu! Na only online una get mouth.

Can you stand him in any quiz or argument using your so called proper english?
XerXers:

Na English we go chop? He was born and brought up in Onitsha where people without WAEC are multi millionaires

But y'all have problems with tinubu not able to put thread in needle

When we only need intellectual capacity for presidency
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ceongroup: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
peter obi is my candidate
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by slowice(m): 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
Forces fighting against this man are enormous. Nor just apc and pdp who have formed alliance against him but also Abuja contractors and business men. The fight will be more intense as we draw closer to 2023.

They know that thee will be no free money any more in Abuja and their survival is at stake.

Po is for the masses but the masses are still friends with their oppressors. Sad indeed

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Cantonese: 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Can Obi speak proper English at all?

At least without speaking proper English, he was very successful at your age. Without speaking proper English, he was a state governor.

With your proper English, who are you and where are your landmarks?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by frndfghtr(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share
fuuuuullllll
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Maryjane001:

Frugality in governance reduces the cost of governance.

How does frugality reduce the cost of governance?

What reduces the cost of governance is downsizing.

Frugality only restricts the circulation of money. With few money in circulation, demand will be very low, and producers would be forced to produce less.

And then, you have scarcity, and other serious problems.

It is an Excellent trait of a good leader.

Frugality is not an excellent trait of a good leader. In fact, being frugal does not necessarily mean you are using money in the way you should.

Take for example, a businessman who decides against investing in expensive but effective technology, but instead purchases inefficient and outdated machinery. His competitors will leave him behind, and his productivity will decrease.

FYI, he never owed any body pension or salary before handing over.
I 'm an indigene of anambra state, so allow me to school you.

In 2007, the State House of Assembly approved money for payments of arrears of salaries and pensions, Obi kept the money in the bank instead of paying retirees. At a time, he wanted to even make interest on the money by loaning them out. All this in the name of saving.

That man must never be president. Nigerians will suffer under him. It is a warning.

A man who is not wise enough to know when to spend and when to save will plunge this country into a serious economic crisis.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NakedTruth4eva: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share
FAKE NEWS!!!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Reference(m): 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Losing focus gradually and in cahoots with a citizenry that is at sea with ideas and demands of qualitative leadership..... Mbaka has now taken over from the medley of problems besetting Nigeria to become the most important issue of our time.

Honestly we deserve the leadership we have been getting..... because Nigerians are just juvenile in thought.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by drnoel: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
brightonos24:
Peter Obi React to Mbaka Accusation- I am not stingy, Am allergy for money being spent wrongly

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mbZbp-0rcM

https://www.facebook.com/pressexpressngr/photos/a.100206274858282/120532899492286/?type=3&scmts=scwspsdd

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce_3qrWpLKg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

What I got from this is that his village is in Onitsha
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Gohs: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=spearman post=113969011]Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

Hello,

Try not to spread lies about Peter Obi.

This is the remaining part of the story:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/no-petition-against-obi-from-intersociety-pending-before-efcc/

ALWAYS Check for facts before spreading rumours!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by kingyakos: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
Realist12:
He's penny wise pound foolish. Why save when the state is lacking important infrastructures that's going to generate more revenue and improve the welfare of the citizens.Obiano that built the airport is more intelligent. His views are irrational in the long run and the same southern youths supporting him can't withstand such tenure without reprisal. The only accomplishment in his administration is he saved money and I laugh .

U are a graduate under buhari administration
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Neddstark: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
obinnajohnson:
Any Nigerian who is still in doubt of Peter Obi's competence, humility and honesty needs a brain check. He is the only candidate who truthfully wants to serve and not be served. Nigeria needs Peter Obi to clean up the mess the ruling satanic party caused Nigeria. If a wrong person is voted in, come 2023, Nigeria will be doomed forever.

We need no brain check. You are only saying what you are saying because he is feom the same tribe as Obinna Johnson. So he is sent from heaven.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Neddstark: 4:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
NakedTruth4eva:

FAKE NEWS!!!

Yes as it makes your saint as corrupt as the others.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by smileyoo: 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
just imagine the mindset of a supposedly holy man of God by the name of Rev. fr. Mbaka, expecting to be sharing from the presumed ill-gotten wealth of politicians, but unfortunately for him, Mr Obi no dey give shi shi, anyhow, which prompted his unnecessary attack on Mr Obi.
Okay, if the mindset of a supposedly holy man of God, could be this corrupt, how about other average Nigerians ?
with this corrupt mindset of average Nigerian, am doubtful of nigerians been ready for a serious minded person like peter obi in 2023.
it's like nigerians still need some more sufferings and senseless killings to smell the coffee. our mumu never do.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NakedTruth4eva: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Corrupt Tinubu's urchins and zombies have started fabricating LIES. These people lie more than the Devil. Reasonable Yorubas know that Tinubu is among top 3 corrupt people in Nigeria.

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by nnamdi640: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share
Tell us about Mr billion vans the one that uses Lagos State account as his private account. Soon your eye will clear for voting criminals as leaders
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NakedTruth4eva: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Neddstark:

Yes as it makes your saint as corrupt as the others.
Peter Obi is a saint when compared to Tinubu and Atiku. Enjoy your bullion van largesse quietly
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Oilwell(m): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

Since 2009 to 2022. 13 years the imaginary m9ney has been on investigation yet not report or results on it. You guys can do better. no propaganda can make us change our minds
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Neddstark: 4:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
NakedTruth4eva:
Peter Obi is a saint when compared to Tinubu and Atiku. Enjoy your bullion van largesse quietly

Can you carry a holy book and swear nakedly that Obi has never stolen in his life?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Mitsurugi(m): 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

Copy and share so that what will happen? If Tinubu and Atiku are walking freely WTF WILL HAPPEN IF THIS IS COPIED AND SHARED. Nigerian youths..... Chai!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by edungene7: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share
Rubbish Obi is a business man with is net worth running into billions if he is possession of 250million that should not be an issue
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NakedTruth4eva: 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Neddstark:

Can you carry a holy book and swear nakedly that Obi has never stolen in his life?
Why will Peter Obi steal millions when he left billions for his predecessor? Something he had the power to take but he didn't do it. Did Tinubu leave money or debt when he was leaving as Lagos state Governor?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by mrslycc(m): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
See how he explained everything in details... Obility 2023

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Anticrime77: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
I be yoruba guy. Peter Obi is d only viable candidate i can vote for. I wont say Tinubu deserve my vote because his from my tribe.. Capital no.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by franudi: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mr. Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Ijoba85: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
By this attitude of yours , people would go hungry ...You having an allergy for money being spent doesn't mean you'd make a good president , holding money and not releasing it for the people would make them complain still....There is one who scatters, yet increases more; And there is one who withholds more than is right, But it leads to poverty.

American Standard Version
There is that scattereth, and increaseth yet more; And there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth only to want.

Berean Study Bible
One gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds what is right, only to become poor

World English Bible
There is one who scatters, and increases yet more. There is one who withholds more than is appropriate, but gains poverty

Mr. Obi not everyone buys your ideology about money , to some it is poor man's mentality , try to dey release money
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Urchmantete: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
A true leader...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Agreed To Swap Chibok Girls With Arrested Bomb Expert — Buhari / Buhari May Stand Alone In 2019 ----buba Galadima / Nuhu Ribadu: No Oil Billionaire Since Buhari Became Petroleum Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.