Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (28532 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Golan007: 6:09am On Jun 21, 2022
Artisticity1:

Dont be blinded by hate. No politician is a saint, but some are better than other.
Don't settle for GOOD when we have BETTER and BEST

When you say that, taking each state in isolation, Lagos keeps growing and performing.

Many of you cannot spend a weekend in Anambra.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Artisticity1: 6:38am On Jun 21, 2022
Golan007:

When you say that, taking each state in isolation, Lagos keeps growing and performing.

Many of you cannot spend a weekend in Anambra.

I've been in the east, if not for the descrimination metted on igbos living in njgeria, Lagos would not be of match to anambra
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Everlastingson: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Many of you urchins are ignorant. Obi came out after 10 years with third class. He then wanted to prove smart, he applied for online courses by Oxford and Garavard. Anybody can do the course online so long as you have the money to enroll. Go and check online for Oxford courses. There are many of them.

When you use the word "urchins" you're forgiven, coz you don't even know whom you are engaging. But stop lying trying to justify your narrative. So you're not aware Obi lived in London for years? He didn't study online. He was in London live. You don't even know anything about the man but you still struggle to malign him. In any case you broached Obi's education, whether it's online or offline is immaterial. Again, what have you said about your NEPA bill certificate leader?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by EvenBlogger: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2022
ursullalinda:
I watched this video and i prayed from the depth of my heart for him to win......I mean this is a presidential candidate speaking.......I'm so proud of him and i have been sharing the video Top
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Bonavi: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2022
spearman:
Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share
Just for 30k stipend you continue lying in wait to strike at any good news of Peter Obi for nigerians. My brother y not pray for a better life
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2022
Maryjane001:

How can you say frugality doesn't reduce the cost of governance?. Do you know how many things Nigeria owns but doesn't even use?. Is it the private jets (both the one in use and not in use) accompanied with the costs of Maintainance and repairs, presidential lodges scattered around the country, mindless donations without proper records to checkmate how that money is being spent, senseless and uncompleted projects that were not needed in the first place, outrageous salaries of lawmakers, senators, governors and other case studies.

And you think Obi as president will have all the power to do many of these things?

Does a president have the power to review the salaries of NASS lawmakers?

My sister, all Obi can do is reduce cost of governance by downsizing, and a sudden downsizing will mean a lot of people will lose their jobs, and without first implementing some serious economic cushioning programs, insecurity will worsen.

If not being frugal helped keep money in circulation, then APC and PDP that were known for sharing money should have kept Naira in check na.

Buhari's frugality is one of the reasons why our lots worsened. Trying to save during a recession, when you should be injecting money into the economy. Exactly the same mistake that Obi is confidently campaigning with.

There are so many unnecessary things government spends that could be channelled to good use. The worst is they keep on borrowing to find such lifestyle.

Indeed. But it takes more than a single man to turn everything around. One man cannot turn Nigeria from a consuming country to a producing one. To do that, you need stable electricity, drastically reduced corruption level, and a diversified economy, and to do this, all arms of the Federal Government must be involved, including the masses as well. That is why Obi is a joker.

PO must be president. Both APC and PDP no get better aspirants. They 've ruled us so far and the country is worse than before.

Tinubu is a far better and more experienced political leader than Obi.

In fact, among Atiku, Tinubu and Obi, Obi is the least experienced. What political position has he held since beside governorship role? How many political leaders has he raised? What structure can he boast of?

Also the habit of continuously recycling old politicians have to stop. Let's try new hands with proven records of achievements.
I really wanted a PO vs PYO but I guess many Nigerians don't reason like me or see what I see.

First of all, you cannot deny someone is right to contest simply based on age.

Second, what do you people mean when you say "recycling old politicians"?

Has Tinubu ever contested the presidency? Has Atiku ever been president? So, what do you mean by "recycling"?

What track records does Obi have outside business?

Many of his projects in Anambra were uncompleted. What is so special about him? Nothing!!!

He is just a politician like the rest of them.

He has hidden wealth, lies through his teeth, and broke laws while serving as governor of Anambra state.

If Tinubu is a recycled politician, is Obi a new politician?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 21, 2022
obinnajohnson:
Any Nigerian who is still in doubt of Peter Obi's competence, humility and honesty needs a brain check. He is the only candidate who truthfully wants to serve and not be served. Nigeria needs Peter Obi to clean up the mess the ruling satanic party caused Nigeria. If a wrong person is voted in, come 2023, Nigeria will be doomed forever.

It is not by mouth. Where is the Infrastructure he left in Anambra after 8 years? What are his significant projects that we can point to today? Even LG chairmen build roads and rehabilitate hospitals in Lagos; Where is his trackrecord? No be by sweet mouth!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Everlastingson:

When you use the word "urchins" you're forgiven, coz you don't even know whom you are engaging. But stop lying trying to justify your narrative. So you're not aware Obi lived in London for years? He didn't study online. He was in London live. You don't even know anything about the man but you still struggle to malign him. In any case you broached Obi's education, whether it's online or offline is immaterial. Again, what have you said about your NEPA bill certificate leader?

Was he studying in London? That’s the question.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Foolishbuhari: 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Even an illiterate can be a billionaire. That does not make for a good leader. Leadership in business is different from leading people. Otherwise we could have just drafted Dangote in as president. And your so called degrees from Ivy League is a ruse. They are online certificates and anyone can access them. I have one from Yale too. He did not attend classroom for one year in Harvard or Cambridge. These are the tricks politicians use nowadays to deceive the electorate.

Lol OK
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by aariwa(m): 9:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
nedekid:

The question is why was he not prosecuted? Obi was in the opposition. He lost his mandate 2ce and had to go to court to retrieve it.
It is just like wike, who is in the opposition is found with billions, then the apc gov refuses to prosecute him after office or use it for political advantage.
Unless, it the case held no merit.
Have you seen a thief that sees money to steal and the leaves it?
I believe you are a rational person. Have you seen a thief that comes to your house to rob, sees 1m there you kept in your safe. After the thief leaves you then find 100m in the safe.
Common sense should tell you this story has more to it. It has k leg.
Its just like saying Tinubu needed cash and then asked oluomo to loan him 500k. Will you believe such story?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5WFJjYSXw
You Dey mind mind them with beer parlor journalism of dem say he say.I read the whole article and all I saw in every sentence are sources..sources….which sources ? No documentation, press conference? Or record? and a they expect a sane mind to believe this rubbish .Only people who wallow in shallow ethnic hate and tribalism will believe such.Reminds me stories I heard as a child about India playing Nigeria 100/0 .I went to my uncle for verification when I became a teenager in the nineties and he started laughing at me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State / Khadija Ibrahim Wins Mohammed Ibrahim In Contest For Yobe Federal Seat / IGP Adamu, Mahmood Yakubu, Teargassed In Lokoja

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.