Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:21 PM

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (28523 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NakedTruth4eva: 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
kayperry:

will you keep quiet, i was born and raised in lagos and i know what lagos looked liked in the 90's, lagos is a capital is the most stupid excuses i knew most of you will bank on .... nigeria his the largest oil producing country in africa and we are still suffering to get fuel ... now sit n roger that
Oshe Lagos developer. Just lick Tinubu's ass quietly

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by 8stargeneral: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Even tinubu and Atiku know very well that obi can rescue Nigeria...but they will not agree because of self interest they hv to loot Nigeria dry

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

How does frugality reduce the cost of governance?

What reduces the cost of governance is downsizing.

Frugality only restricts the circulation of money. With few money in circulation, demand will be very low, and producers would be forced to produce less.

And then, you have scarcity, and other serious problems.

Frugality is not an excellent trait of a good leader. In fact, being frugal does not necessarily mean you are using money in the way you should.

Take for example, a businessman who decides against investing in expensive but effective technology, but instead purchases inefficient and outdated machinery. His competitors will leave him behind, and his productivity will decrease.

In 2007, the State House of Assembly approved money for payments of arrears of salaries and pensions, Obi kept the money in the bank instead of paying retirees. At a time, he wanted to even make interest on the money by loaning them out. All this in the name of saving.

That man must never be president. Nigerians will suffer under him. It is a warning.

A man who is not wise enough to know when to spend and when to save will plunge this country into a serious economic crisis.

How can you say frugality doesn't reduce the cost of governance?. Do you know how many things Nigeria owns but doesn't even use?. Is it the private jets (both the one in use and not in use) accompanied with the costs of Maintainance and repairs, presidential lodges scattered around the country, mindless donations without proper records to checkmate how that money is being spent, senseless and uncompleted projects that were not needed in the first place, outrageous salaries of lawmakers, senators, governors and other case studies.
If not being frugal helped keep money in circulation, then APC and PDP that were known for sharing money should have kept Naira in check na. There are so many unnecessary things government spends that could be channelled to good use. The worst is they keep on borrowing to find such lifestyle.

PO must be president. Both APC and PDP no get better aspirants. They 've ruled us so far and the country is worse than before. Also the habit of continuously recycling old politicians have to stop. Let's try new hands with proven records of achievements.
I really wanted a PO vs PYO but I guess many Nigerians don't reason like me or see what I see.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ogatboy(m): 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
deeva2:

You don't have to abuse Ekiti people because u want to market ur Obi..

You ppl dnt still understand how to play politics.

You calls the northerners suffering Almajiris
You calls Ekiti ppl stupid illiterate.

Obi himself will be disappointed in you guys unnecessary online bully and threats.

Take it or leave,you are the minority politically.So lets see if ur easterner vote alone can make obi win.

Sorry, I'm not playing politics, I don't have PVC, I don't benefit from your system. I'm just spitting my mind but I also do not mean Ekiti people are bad. They are my people and I have friends from there
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by kayperry: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Goodnigga:
if you were born in the time of Olagunsoye Oyinlola & Buba Marwa,you will know that those predecessors tried. It was even the latter that introduced the tricycle popularly called Keke Marwa

Oga i was born in the 80's ... you can start from gen. raji rasaki sef ... from jakande to buba Marwa they all tried buh than does not discredit the fact that Tinubu gave lagos a new image. Marwa did his best and i remember lagosians liked him buh we loved Tinubu even more .... from fashola to ambode to sanwo olu you will see a synergy because they are all building on one man's blueprint which is only limited to lagos.
I am not saying anyone that want to vote OBI should not vote him buh make we dey clear ourselves the facts base on records & achievement not empty promises i don grow pass that one abeg
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by kayperry: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
NakedTruth4eva:

Mumu who brought fashola, who owns fashola, who sponspored fashola .... if you were educated you suppose know say governance is continuity, tinubu did his part, fashola did his own.
NA me you dey quote twitter kids for, so after fashola tenure, did development & governance stop in lagos cheesy think naw
IF it is fashola blueprint that transformed lagos why did he not carry the transformation to his ministerial endeavours.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Everlastingson: 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:

A third class in philosophy you are comparing to medicine?

At least you acknowledge he went to the University. What can you say about your NEPA bill certificate leader? No be Pandora again? Na education! Are you aware that Obi studied Economics at Harvard Business School? You can verify. Better become OBIdient.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Everlastingson: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:

At least you acknowledge he went to the University. What can you say about your NEPA bill certificate leader? No be Pandora again? Na education! Are you aware that Obi studied Economics at Oxford Business School? You can verify. Better become OBIdient.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Everlastingson: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Even if you're stingy we're okay with that. We need that "stinginess". Only looters and thieves are afraid they won't have enough to loot.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Saintinoo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
obyrich:
Heartless? When all of us will sit here and suffer the consequences? It is just stupidity. Some of the people supporting Tinubu and ATIKU are not sure of their next meal.

Yoruba people vote by sentiment. They supported Buhari in 2015 not because GEJ was bad and Buhari good, they saw Buhari as a way to get the president position for themselves.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by obyrich(m): 7:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
Golan007:

While people voting Tinubu or Atiku cannot abi?

You guys just write absolute bollocks.
I said 'some' people. You may need to revisit your English textbooks if you have issues understanding what I wrote.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Golan007: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
obyrich:
I said 'some' people. You may need to revisit your English textbooks if you have issues understanding what I wrote.

Of what use is your sanctimous, "i can feed the nation" dirge?

You would not be the wealthiest and i pretty much hope you would not be the poorest regardless of who is in power.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by DKM123: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nigerians will watch the full interview Peter Obi did on this show and still go on to choose a BAT and an Atiku, yet they keep wailing and calling on God to save Nigeria!!!

Una never start!

PeterIsBetter

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by GGirll: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share

Pls we also need explanation to d dollar rain in their primaries, n d bullion van saga. Thank you.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by membranus: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
NakedTruth4eva:

You need this medicine below to cool your hot blood.

Take two teaspoon in the morning and evening time, before sleeping:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NakedTruth4eva: 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
membranus:

You need this medicine below to cool your hot blood.

Take two teaspoon in the morning and evening time, before sleeping:

This is what I need. Tinubu should extend his bullion van largesse

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 7:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
Everlastingson:

At least you acknowledge he went to the University. What can you say about your NEPA bill certificate leader? No be Pandora again? Na education! Are you aware that Obi studied Economics at Oxford Business School? You can verify. Better become OBIdient.

Many of you urchins are ignorant. Obi came out after 10 years with third class. He then wanted to prove smart, he applied for online courses by Oxford and Garavard. Anybody can do the course online so long as you have the money to enroll. Go and check online for Oxford courses. There are many of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Artisticity1: 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2022
Golan007:

Do you think that's all Obi stole?

Remember, many days for the thief

Mention them... You arent even able to prove even that one.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
McBishop2020:

Is the ability to speak proper English now the matter? Is it now the criteria for being a good president?

I'm still searching for something so damning on this guy's record. If I can find any, I will simply become disOBIdient, and will never go for either Atiku or Tinubu.

Before that, I remain fully OBIdient!

You need someone to show you how to search. You will see his money laundry case, letter written by Igbo Kwenu and Pandora file.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Golan007: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Artisticity1:

Mention them... You arent even able to prove even that one.

If you want us to be naming, then all Nigerian politicians are innocent.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HRMK: 8:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Antai123:
Get shorter fool!!!!
FOOLS ARE BETTER IGNORED!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by bepositive11: 8:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
You people should stop thinking that rich business men can make the people of Nigeria rich. The goal of a business man is to take money from you to make themselves rich not the other way round

You think Atiku understands your struggles? You think Tinubu understand your problems? They don't! They have so much money and live so comfortably that the situation in Nigeria doesn't affect them at all

Why are they spending money anyhow to bribe people to vote for them? You think it's because they want to turn Nigeria around? Keep dreaming. In fact, all these bribes speak of their ill character that will only encourage corruption in Nigeria to continue

Peter Obi is a man of character and integrity. He's the kind of leader that Nigeria needs so badly

Vulturereloaded:

I can bet you that the person that is posting this has never entered plane. Still depends on parents who are suffering from inflation.

No independent Nigerian, who paid for flight for 12000 and is paying 60,000 today, or bought a bag of rice for 6000 in 2015 and buying 25,000 today, will be campaigning for Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by VirileNelly2420: 8:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:
Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share
So, what was final verdict on d matter? U should b able to tell us.

Obi isnt media shy, bring woteva up, certainly u will get cleared
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by VirileNelly2420: 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Can Obi speak proper English at all?
Lol... So, all foreign schools he attended, na improper English he used in writing d exams and passing? cheesy.

Zukwaanuike!!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Lol... So, all foreign schools he attended, na improper English he used in writing d exams and passing? cheesy.

Zukwaanuike!!

You are ignorant. Go and ask people, there’s spell checkers in word documents software. That’s no brainer. The fact that you didn’t know this shows how starkly ignorant you are.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by sweetjohn(m): 9:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
HRMK:
THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE COULD SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH!
Tinubu and Atiku will sit on the ground and Obi will be there teacher in English language

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by VirileNelly2420: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:

You are ignorant. Go and ask people, there’s spell checkers in word documents software. That’s no brainer. The fact that you didn’t know this shows how starkly ignorant you are.

So, where are u driving at? Dat d software faulted Obi's grammar? cheesy cheesy...

Meanwhile, we need tins done, not just mere words. Several countries don't speak English, it doesn't make dem inferior.
Wa zo bia ....is dsame tin as "come".

So, don't get it twisted.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Foolishbuhari: 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:

How much do you have in your account with the medical degree? Ozuo when go soon go on strike to protest wages grin grin

What about the numerous degrees he's acquired from ivy league institutions? Stupid tifnubu rats!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HeroicMeastro: 12:08am On Jun 21, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by HRMK: 2:02am On Jun 21, 2022
sweetjohn:
Tinubu and Atiku will sit on the ground and Obi will be there teacher in English language
OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON TO BE TAUGHT GOOD ENGLISH!IGBOS WITH JARGONS THEY CALL ENGLISH!TOO BAD!!
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eniitankorede: 5:56am On Jun 21, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

How much do you have in your account with the medical degree? Ozuo when go soon go on strike to protest wages grin grin

What about the numerous degrees he's acquired from ivy league institutions? Stupid tifnubu rats!

Even an illiterate can be a billionaire. That does not make for a good leader. Leadership in business is different from leading people. Otherwise we could have just drafted Dangote in as president. And your so called degrees from Ivy League is a ruse. They are online certificates and anyone can access them. I have one from Yale too. He did not attend classroom for one year in Harvard or Cambridge. These are the tricks politicians use nowadays to deceive the electorate.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Artisticity1: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2022
Golan007:

If you want us to be naming, then all Nigerian politicians are innocent.

Dont be blinded by hate. No politician is a saint, but some are better than other.
Don't settle for GOOD when we have BETTER and BEST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State / Khadija Ibrahim Wins Mohammed Ibrahim In Contest For Yobe Federal Seat / IGP Adamu, Mahmood Yakubu, Teargassed In Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.