Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,584 members, 7,878,654 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:17 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1620540 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) ... (4936) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2023
FBS you have every right to support, campaign or vote for whoever you deem fit is the best man for the job. You have stated your reasons why you think Tinubu is the best man for the job and I respect that sir. Our opinions must not always align.

I believe we are enlightened people here, let's give reasons why we think our candidates is the best and let's end it there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 11:06am On Jan 18, 2023
izzou:

How can you detach the man from the party?

So yes, anybody against Asiwaju because of APC is correct

Errr... I voted Johnathan not PDP!

We don dey detach since

Is it not in this same platform that some people who curse apc claim (probably disingenuously sha) that they would have voted PYO?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 11:06am On Jan 18, 2023
As it stands today, there are only 2 ways one can be termed "successful" in Nigeria. I used quotation marks for that successful because what we term success in this country is very different from other places. Owning a car alone in Nigeria is almost a hallmark of being "successful", meanwhile 17 year olds in America are already driving their own cars to school.

Anyways, being successful in Nigeria is only if you are earning in foreign currency or you are involved in politics.
Any other thing you're doing, you're just suffering and smiling. Be it medium or micro business owner, be it being an academic,

The nigerian climate space is toxic for businesses. Also the best minds are fleeing the country in droves, we're witnessing the worst brain drain from a country ever.

Then those who flee the country,rather than lend voices on how the country can have radical positive changes will now choose to still concern themselves with trivalities and appeal for the corrupt ruling class. Such a pity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:06am On Jan 18, 2023
izzou:

How can you detach the man from the party?

We saw his Chatham house interview. Elrufai and Ben Ayade were part of the team that he delegated questions to.

Elrufai that is overwhelmed with insecurity issues in Kaduna, is who will give insights to Nigeria's insecurity.

The same Ayade that even APC faithfuls here are roasting, is who Asiwaju has on his team.

Lagos is not Nigeria. In Lagos, he has the liberty to select even to a ward Chairman. He cannot do that nationally.

So yes, anybody against Asiwaju because of APC is correct
Again, another good post void of emotion but just to clarify I never said you or anyone else cannot be against Tinubu. It's a democracy after all.

Remember I mentioned say the man sabi delegate to get the desired results give or take, how is that bad?

But that aside and if only people would learn to read, I said may the best man win. Whoever has the intention (and we would never know until they get there) to make Nigeria better is the right man for the job.
Now you can't tell me that because Obi is younger (mind you I am not sure of his federal credentials) therefore he is more qualified.

If youth is the only criteria why don't we appoint 16 or 25 year olds to be surgeons, pilots, CSO, AGs and all? Would you bet your life on a 25 year ophtalmologist to treat your eye?
You need the experience and everything that comes with it.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:

Things are getting worse, but did it ever get better? That is my question.
Yes it did.
Please there was progress in OBJ's government.
Even yaradua and GEJ to some extent.

So what are you saying?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:

Let me get this straight, you are against APC as a party but not against Tinubu himself? Will that be correct?
Would it have been different if Tinubu was from another party?
Same to me
I am against apc that evil party at the federal level and tinubu played a big role so he's part of the failure
Same person want to be our president lmao
If it's Lagos apc can carry till eternity no one will drag it

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2023
Segedinho:
Warrisdisman saying for God sake?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SavvyRinu/status/1615409460541001729
It's important to note that the electricity company Tinubu bragged about bringing to do feasibility studies as governor was the same one he and his team partnered with to defraud the federal government and bankrupt NEPA.

Same one El Rufai mentioned here: https://www.nairaland.com/7186774/epl-chatroom-all-discussions/1189#119898563 .

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2023
monerozi5590:
FBS you have every right to support, campaign or vote for whoever you deem fit is the best man for the job. You have stated your reasons why you think Tinubu is the best man for the job and I respect that sir. Our opinions must not always align.

I believe we are enlightened people here, let's give reasons why we think our candidates is the best and let's end it there.
Another succinct post but funny thing I am not campaigning for Tinubu but gave my opinion why I said Tinubu may be better suited for the job.

If only people can try to be less emotional and read with clear eyes though I can understand that things are hard so it is very easy to transfer the aggression but hey, I am not the enemy. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Yes it did.
Please there was progress in OBJ's government.
Even yaradua and GEJ to some extent.

So what are you saying?
For me OBJ was one of the worst, the same man that was at the helm when petrol price went through the roof (and never looked back since then).
The same man who used tax payers money to build is yeye library?
The same man that wanted a 3rd term.
Spits!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Errr... I voted Johnathan not PDP!

We don dey detach since

Is it not in this same platform that some people who curse apc claim (probably disingenuously sha) that they would have voted PYO?
Well, here you have it folks. cheesy
Apparently this is possible.

Please feel free to argue with the above.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Same to me
I am against apc that evil party at the federal level and tinubu played a big role so he's part of the failure
Same person want to be our president lmao
If it's Lagos apc can carry till eternity no one will drag it
I am absolutely certain that people sometimes vote for individuals and NOT the party. This I know.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:

For me OBJ was one of the worst, the same man that was at the helm when petrol price went through the roof (and never looked back since then).
The same man who used tax payers money to build is yeye library?
The same man that wanted a 3rd term.
Spits!

OBJ tenure was one of the worst?
Hope you factored in the fact he inherited the economy from the military government

I guess we will agree to disagree on this
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:19am On Jan 18, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

OBJ tenure was one of the worst?
Hope you factored in the fact he inherited the economy from the military government

I guess we will agree to disagree on this
Each time I remember his tenure I get very angry and I've listed some of those things.

So yeah, lets agree to disagree on this one.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 11:34am On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:

Again, another good post void of emotion but just to clarify I never said you or anyone else cannot be against Tinubu. It's a democracy after all.

Remember I mentioned say the man sabi delegate to get the desired results give or take, how is that bad?

But that aside and if only people would learn to read, I said may the best man win. Whoever has the intention (and we would never know until they get there) to make Nigeria better is the right man for the job.
Now you can't tell me that because Obi is younger (mind you I am not sure of his federal credentials) therefore he is more qualified.

If youth is the only criteria why don't we appoint 16 or 25 year olds to be surgeons, pilots, CSO, AGs and all? Would you bet your life on a 25 year ophtalmologist to treat your eye?
You need the experience and everything that comes with it.
There are age limits to every employment. At 30 you are no longer qualified for NYSC. That is why also people retire once they begin to clock 65-70. That is because even experience has diminishing returns.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2023
Sundry Markets 2023 Retail Management Trainee Programme

Locations: Port Harcourt, Abuja, Aba, Benin, Asaba, Kaduna, Sango

Apply here: http://careers.sundrymarkets.com/application/53
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2023
DissTroy:

It's important to note that the electricity company Tinubu bragged about bringing to do feasibility studies as governor was the same one he and his team partnered with to defraud the federal government and bankrupt NEPA.

Same one El Rufai mentioned here: https://www.nairaland.com/7186774/epl-chatroom-all-discussions/1189#119898563 .

I was going to mention u on that earlier , but I knew u would come thru grin

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 11:57am On Jan 18, 2023
Spy360:

There are age limits to every employment. At 30 you are no longer qualified for NYSC. That is why also people retire once they begin to clock 65-70. That is because even experience has diminishing returns.
How old is Joe Biden?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
Just so we are clear if my post appear insensitive to those that feel they are more Nigerian than myself because I am from the Japa nation. cheesy

I am not known for writing long epistles, not my style but I would like to apologise to anyone who felt offended.

Politics or not, may the best man win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
Just 2 years after Tinubu became Governor, he was already facing charges for trying to defraud the federal government of $800 million. He admitted he brought Enron. https://allafrica.com/stories/200003200168.html

AllAfricaStories reported it in 2000. In the coming years up to 2006/2007, El Rufai dug into him and got concrete evidence of fraud. Immunity covered BAT.

In 2007, even though Atiku was running as a presidential candidate on the AC ticket, Tinubu sold out to the PDP. A compromise in return for not being tried after his immunity as governor expired?

In fact, despite being ACN, Tinubu was one of the most vocal supporters of the PDP ticket in 2010 and in 2011, selling out his own candidate. Compromise?

2 years later in 2013, El Rufai published his memoir as Minister exposing the fraud that is Tinubu.

---

For those who doubted the Enron fraud allegations, Tinubu just confirmed it. And all you have to google is "Tinubu Enron" and you'd find countless reports of the fraud even in 2001, 2002 and 2003 when most media houses hadn't gone online in Nigeria.

Thank the Heavens for AllAfricaStories which documented these things online.

Support Tinubu if you will but know he's a thief. There's no comparison to Obi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:

You don't know what I am but I sort expected the attacks to flow. Someone asked me a question and I gave an honest answer (my opinion) but because you disagree y'all acting like someone just took away your favourite toy. cheesy
You as you dey, you fit dance buga? Or did you expect him to be dancing moonwalker? grin
I mentioned his health issue which is a concern but that does not take away other things he mentioned.
No sir, I am not lying about anything .
It is my opinion, deal with it. tongue cheesy

Don't blame us when we attack. It is not intentional. It's just that stupidity is annoying. So annoying. But we must exercise restraint.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:
Just so we are clear if my post appear insensitive to those that feel they are more Nigerian than myself because I am from the Japa nation. cheesy

I am not known for writing long epistles, not my style but I would like to apologise to anyone who felt offended.

Politics or not, may the best man win.
Sorry too,, if some replies happened to be too extreme..

But,ur choice of using buga dance to mask health was what made ur take,purile

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2023
FBS:

That's what I heard as well, not sure what exactly the drama is all about?
Or is it that people just prefer to hear what they think they want to hear and make jokes about it?

When you go with an agenda you will definitely get one to hang onto

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2023
Theflint1:
You put sewing machine where? cheesy

Where do you normally put a sewing machine
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2023
Spy360:

Don't blame us when we attack. It is not intentional. It's just that stupidity is annoying. So annoying. But we must exercise restraint.

Support of our candidate is intelligence.support of other candidates is stupidity. Got it.

If nothing else Peter obi has brought the mob politics the north is reviled for to social media.

The only question left to ask is - can these obidients be as violent as almajiris in real life? We will soon find out.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Spy360:

Why 65-70 why not 45yrs like UK currently
60 or 50 or 75 like China or Russia or 80yrs like the current US president
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I am against APC as a party for promising to take us from the rot Jonathan & PDP placed us but they have failed woefully at that and shouldn't be taken serious going forward.

The fact that Tinubu a 70 year old man with obvious health impairment who has been fingered in a drug case in the USA, a man who has been enmeshed in different corruption scandals in the past is APC's flagbearer makes APC a no no for me in this election.

First of all if Tinubu wins it will be from votes by people based in Nigeria and not because of the opinion of people in diaspora

Tinubu is a 70yr old man similar age to many other countries presidents including the advanced ones
These health impairments do not have an impact on his ability to govern. As it is today he is the most active of all presidential candidates given the number of rallies and engagement

The drug case in the US he was not convicted. Fingered is not conviction
The numerous corruption cases which he has been acquitted of under the PDP while he was opposition leader
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3059-tribunal-dismisses-corruption-charges-against-tinubu.html

You want to condemn Tinubu who was acquitted by a court yet support Obi who admitted to corruption charges alleged by Pandora papers who even bragged about investing state funds in his private business?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:34pm On Jan 18, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Haaabaa...... otemically. These people really don't get it. There is something unique about Tinubu that makes him the best among major Contestants - assembling of best heads and delegation of responsibilities to get the jobs done.

Tinubu will not rule Nigeria alone. Tinubu will not assume role of Otem to fix Nigeria. He's going to work with a formidable team of technocrats to get jobs done.

Hate him all you want...... he still remains the best and most ready to fix Nigeria. Agendas are there and very obvious. Reasons most of you are hating on him ain't just because of health but more... LOL!

Una ask for someone's opinion, he drop am but coz e no favour una, innocent man gets berbecued...... LMFAO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
raumdeuter:

First of all if Tinubu wins it will be from votes by people based in Nigeria and not because of the opinion of people in diaspora

We know this is a false opinion on the fact that many influencers on social media are in fact based abroad.

Tinubu is a 70yr old man similar age to many other countries presidents including the advanced ones
These health impairments do not have an impact on his ability to govern. As it is today he is the most active of all presidential candidates given the number of rallies and engagement

First of all dayo, Tinubu is not the most active of all candidates. That is just a plain lie. Obi has been famed for being a workaholic, visiting different far places in one day. Sometimes as much as 3 different states in a single day. While Tinubu's minutes has been carefully managed. He barely speaks above 30 minutes, including reading his scripted speeches.
Then secondly on issue of age, you keep making false equivalence. As of today, Biden's biggest challenge is his age. Any American citizen you ask about Biden even including his own supporters will tell you they wish for a younger president. So why are you wishing nigeria what you yourself do not wish upon yourself?? In your own words, you said you prefer Biden to step down for a younger desantis, so why are wishing an old and sick Tinubu to rule us?

The drug case in the US he was not convicted. Fingered is not conviction
The numerous corruption cases which he has been acquitted of under the PDP while he was opposition leader
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/3059-tribunal-dismisses-corruption-charges-against-tinubu.html

You want to condemn Tinubu who was acquitted by a court yet support Obi who admitted to corruption charges alleged by Pandora papers who even bragged about investing state funds in his private business?

Now you are being very disingenuous. Dayo you have previously acceded that Tinubu has too many baggages, what were those baggages you were talking about?
When we talk about Tinubu being involved in crime, that one is already common knowledge, are you trying to deny that? Are you saying Tinubu was not in any way involved in narcotic dealings?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
grin

BTW..... Donjazet2 - what's your view on Kenayo's permutation?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
OasisX:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Haaabaa...... otemically. These people really don't get it. There is something unique about Tinubu that makes him the best among major Contestants - assembling of best heads and delegation of responsibilities to get the jobs done.

Tinubu will not rule Nigeria alone. Tinubu will not assume role of Otem to fix Nigeria. He's going to work with a formidable team of technocrats to get jobs done.

Hate him all you want...... he still remains the best and most ready to fix Nigeria. Agendas are there and very obvious. Reasons most of you are hating on him ain't just because of health but more... LOL!

Una ask for someone's opinion, he drop am but coz e no favour una, innocent man gets berbecued...... LMFAO

He knows how to fix Nigeria and he didn't help his party make Nigeria better in their 8yrs? Or you don't think Nigeria is worse than it was before APC?

This his delegation of duty is what I've never fully understood and the problem I had with Buhari..I always asked how Buhari was going to fix Nigeria by surrounding himself with the same people who he accused of destroying Nigeria, now look where we are..

You think Federal politics is state politics abi?..That Tinubu can use these same APC failures to get into power and then abandon them later?..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
CrystalTiger:

He knows how to fix Nigeria and he didn't help his party make Nigeria better in their 8yrs? Or you don't think Nigeria is worse than it was before APC?

This his delegation of duty is what I've never fully understood and the problem I had with Buhari..I always asked how Buhari was going to fix Nigeria by surrounding himself with the same people who he accused of destroying Nigeria, now look where we are..

You think Federal politics is state politics abi?..That Tinubu can use these same APC failures to get into power and then abandon them later?..

grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDx7CjXGA0E

Watch the clip and tell me which of Advices he gave to Buhari and Osibanjo they actually follow? Is he the man in charge. Does he get anyone any power to effect his plans under Buhari Administration?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 2:47pm On Jan 18, 2023
OasisX:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oasis enough of these rhetorical "best heads", Can you be more specific as to the "best heads" we will see in this "new" APC government?

Because we've already seen the best of his boys in this government and we've seen how terrible they were. From minister of darkness fashola, to gbaja heading one of the most useless house of reps, to aregbe, to abike, to Onu, to ngige. We've seen the "Tinubu boys" and they have all been useless in these past 8 years.

Can you tell us who these "best heads" will be in Tinubu's government?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) ... (4936) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: superfelix and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.