Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,170 members, 7,896,974 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 05:59 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1687026 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) ... (5016) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
We will keep winning souls.
More will keep seeing the light. cheesy

He wrote,

When I started supporting Asiwaju, I thought he would attend debates. I thought his thinking was different from Buhari. When he snubbed debates, I still stood in solidarity. He has so many red flags that most Batists still stand with him cos they hate the audacity of Obidients…

It got to a point I noticed Buhari was healthier than Tinubu. Buhari granted interviews better than Tinubu. Buhari only avoided debates. If with Buhari being better than Tinubu the country could sink this low, I wonder what would happen in Tinubu’s tenure.

After Peter Gregory Obi’s wonderful performance & answering questions directly at Chatham house yesterday, I could not sleep with the thought of supporting Tinubu. My friends will hate me for this because we are hardcore Asiwaju fans. But I’m now fully Obidient and I have my PVC.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2023
Spy360:

I have debunked this several times now. Stop taking me back and forth.

If experience is the only offer he has, then why do people retire? If age comes with experience, then why are people made to retire at 65-70 in Nigeria and 45 in UK? As you said.

Why are the last 2 contestant in the US presidential elections 72 and 77yrs

Before that was Clinton 69 and Trump 71yrs?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
Spy360:

Then Tinubu cannot be trusted.

grin

Noted..... sire
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 3:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
raumdeuter:

Oh. Kanayo as a member of the Labor Presidential Campaign committee directed his speech to Ibos specifically because that is what the Obi project

Ibos stay where you are and vote cos thats the way we can get 25% for our BROTHER Peter Obi

But some people will say its Tinubu doing tribal politics.

I don't have a problem with a popular Igbo actor attempting to galvanise the Igbo electorate for their brother Peter Obi.

This is what is done in any demo in any election anywhere in the world.

Why shouldn't an Igbo man publicly support his brother's presidential bid?

However it is only on Nairaland that we begin to hear nonsense like organic and inorganic support, where no Igbo person voting for Obi is influenced by tribal affiliation, but all Yorubas must by default support Tinubu because 'our brother'...even the ones that don't actually support Tinubu

Obi last week said he believes it's an Igbo man's turn. Now a member of Obi's National Campaign Council is advising Igbos to ensure geographical spread when voting for "their brother" Petet Obi.

Again I literally have no problem with this at all. But when you point a finger at someone, also remember that 4 are pointing back at you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
raumdeuter:

Why are the last 2 contestant in the US presidential elections 72 and 77yrs

Before that was Clinton 69 and Trump 71yrs?
Is old age an advantage?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 4:06pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

I don't have a problem with a popular Igbo actor attempting to galvanise the Igbo electorate for their brother Peter Obi.

However it is only on Nairaland that we begin to hear nonsense like organic and inorganic support, where no Igbo person voting for Obi is influenced by tribal affiliation, but all Yorubas must by default support Tinubu because 'our brother'...even the ones that don't actually support Tinubu

Obi last week said he believes it's an Igbo man's turn. Now a member of Obi's National Campaign Council is advising Igbos to ensure geographical spread when voting for "their brother" Petet Obi.

Again I literally have no problem with this at all. But when you point a finger at someone, also remember that 4 are pointing back at you.
Asking Igbos to stay where they are and vote. Is different from saying it is the turn of an Igbo man.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Stop posting lies a thousand times and over in hopes that it'd stick. This was debunked and addressed by not just me but at least 10 other active posters on this thread. Obi never said it's an Igbo man's turn. Several news reports and screenshots were posted to counter your attempts at doing so.

Resurrecting what has been debunked and addressed factually to push a certain narrative of yours is exactly what it is - YOUR narrative.

DissTroy:

That's a lie. The thread is still fresh on front page.
Copy and paste it here with the bolded sections just as it is there.

He said "IF [not is is, mind you] it were turn by turn, as an Igbo man it is my turn [not in Igbo land it is my turn but if it is then it should be Igbos], but I am not running as an Igbo candidate but a Nigerian. ."

Obi said he's running as a Nigerian, not as an Igbo man.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
DissTroy:

Stop posting lies a thousand times and over in hopes that it'd stick. This was debunked and addressed by not just me but at least 10 other active posters on this thread. Obi never said it's an Igbo man's turn. Several news reports and screenshots were posted to counter your attempts at doing so.

Resurrecting what has been debunk and addressed factually to push a certain narrative of yours is exactly what it is - YOUR narrative.

And likke I said to you last week...

nihilistjnr:

The only person here lying is the person inserting Square brackets of things Obi did not say into Obi's speech.

If you have to add your own comments into a speech that Obi gave freely, in sound mind, and not under duress, then you know there is a problem.

The infamous words are below:

"If the President is to be given by whose turn it is, as an Igbo it’s my turn"

In other words, Emilokan.

When you have to put your own comments and opinions into a direct quote, then there is a problem...

Hence you diving into conspiracy theories about "they" giving the presidency to Obasanjo etc

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kwankwaso tweeted about an hour ago. After all the braggadocio, he's subtly admitted he made a mistake not taking up Peter Obi's offer. He thought it was just media hype.

Now it's dawning in him.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Obi never said this.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
Ellexy:
Obi never said this.

Try to at least be informed before you challenge a statement of fact.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Lol I hear you Sir but Obi never said that.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2023
Can we have tips on how to japa to abroad without using the Study route?

Everyday must not be Tinubu, Tinubu, Tinubu.

Any tips on how to relocate abroad (excluding UK abeg) without using education package?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
izzou:

Any tips on how to relocate abroad (excluding UK abeg) with using education package?
am really interested in this..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
Ellexy:
Lol I hear you Sir but Obi never said that.

Try to at least be informed before you challenge a statement of fact

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Lol.. U are bigger than that bros.

No p sha.. At the end of the day, agenda has to agend.

Kudos

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

And likke I said to you last week...

When you have to put your own comments and opinions into a direct quote, then there is a problem...

Hence you diving into conspiracy theories about "they" giving the presidency to Obasanjo etc

It's your right to have an altered reality or perception of the world and that's fine; But what's not fine is projecting that alternate reality on others who see the world as it is.

If anything, Obi is the only one of the candidates who has kicked against tribal and religious reasons to support him and he's said this openly. Everyone confirmed that and that's why even the Tinubu camp which is noted for spewing inanities including Festus Keyamo, didn't dwell on it because Obi never said so.

He has a thousand videos on YouTube and in church telling them not to support him because of religion or tribe.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Try to at least be informed before you challenge a statement of fact
You can't pick an incomplete statement out of context to run an agenda. At least be sincere enough to provide the full statement. Obi never said what you're alluding and I stand by it.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Totally with you on this. There is a reason why Barack Obama got 93 to 95% of black votes in the US

But its only on this forum that you start hearing that once a Yoruba supports Tinubu its because of Tribalism, Now Kanayo is telling Ibos the way to get 25% for our brother Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2023
Ellexy:
You can't pick an incomplete statement out of context to run an agenda. At least be sincere enough to provide the full statement. Obi never said what you're alluding and I stand by it.

What does this statement in bold mean

If it were turn by turn, as an Igbo man it is my turn

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
Spy360:

Asking Igbos to stay where they are and vote. Is different from saying it is the turn of an Igbo man.

Kanayo said "the way we can get 25% for our BROTHER Peter Obi"

Obi said "If it were turn by turn, as an Igbo man it is my turn"

I don't have a problem with both statements I just want others to keep the same energy when other candidates say the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2023
raumdeuter:

What does this statement in bold mean

One question..

Is it turn by turn?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
StarchAndBanga:

One question..

Is it turn by turn?

That question is best directed to Obi who made the statement, I am just quoting him

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
OasisX:

grin

..... I am supporting a Candidate not a Party here bruh.
Blood of Jesus!!!!!
So when you have been talking about the structure like governors and senators of this same apc. You believe the party is suddenly not a part of the man? grin

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2023
nihilistjnr:

When did Obi say it was an Igbo man's turn?

Please can you post the full statement Obi made?

Or should we begin another round of foolishness again today? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
izzou:

Any tips on how to relocate abroad (excluding UK abeg) without using education package?

This is a very good question. Raumdueter, please do justice to this question. Thanks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2023
OasisX can you kindly post picture of LP Kaduna rally again? I didn't see the first one you posted clearly, thanks...

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2023
TrebleChamp:
OasisX can you kindly post picture of LP Kaduna rally again? I didn't see the first one you posted clearly, thanks...
Wahala wahala wahaleux

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by StarchAndBanga: 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
raumdeuter:

That question is best directed to Obi who made the statement, I am just quoting him

Obi answered Ur question already at his Delta rally;

“Somebody said it is his turn to be president, I want to tell you that the president is not turn by turn. It is the turn of Nigerians to be president especially those full of energy.”

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2023
StarchAndBanga:

This is such an insulting agenda grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
StarchAndBanga:

Does this statement invalidate the one Obi made earlier in bold?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

When did Obi say it was an Igbo man's turn?

Please can you post the full statement Obi made?

Or should we begin another round of foolishness again today? cheesy

The statement was very clear

If Presidency was awarded by turn, then as an Igbo man it is his turn.

I insist that Obi has every right to feel this way btw.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) ... (5016) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.