Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,984 members, 7,873,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1601182 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
Itsrm:

You don't even need Tinubu to enter and remove it before you know what will happen.

Nigeria Labour Congress has already done a summersault that subsidy removal will be resisted. cheesy

I pray they succeed anyway because I'm heavily reliant on fuel and it will take the grace of God to get any significant raise at work to compensate.

If Tinubu remove fuel subsidy today, even me go protest because the way things go skyrocket no be small thing. That’s why i don’t want Buhari to remove the subsidy on his way out. Let Tinubu be the one to make the decision so we can start fighting within ourselves when he goes ahead and do it. πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
izzou:

Yes sir.
Glad we understand each other 😎😎
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

The thing is crystal clear

The intentions of the lawmakers are good but this is like painting a cemetery white.
The putrid bones are still inside.
Na the lawmakers are selfish, these politicians don't like us one bit forget all these initial gragra
They know health sectors are the major route to japa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

There are so many reasons why this policy will not give you the expected outcome. Let me just list a few.

1) You don't become a paediatrician within 5 years of graduation, so this bill if passed into law WILL NOT ensure that there is a paediatrician for your child.

2) The average work experience of doctors japaing is probably about 5 or more years already so the actual positive effect of this bill in terms of adding to the medical work force will be minimal. Most japa doctors spend close to 5 years already in Nigeria before exiting so the only thing this bill will do is antagonize the few that want to leave early by its similarity to indentured servitude/modern slavery.

3) Even if you are abkle to keep them back for 5 years what you will get will be a situation whereby doctor exit after the 5-year period will explode beyond what we have now, leading to a situation whereby only inexperienced doctors would be left in the country.

4) You will also have some medical graduates leaving the country for other African countries (and Caribbean countries) to start work as house officers and getting their full registration after 1yr rather than wasting 5 years in Nigeria to get the same full registration. You will be losing these ones from Year 0 not Year 5.

We have not mentioned the illegality involved in witholding full registration form doctors when the standard practice in all the sane parts of the world is to award full registration after completion of internship/housemanship.

Then there is the fact that all other public university students are also "subsidized" so i wonder why only doctors are being targeted to bear the brunt of a failed system. If we ask now, people will say doctors' jobs are special and they need to make the sacrifice. If we ask for better conditions and pay now, the same people will say doctors are not doing any special job and should go and sit down jo.

I said it here the day the issue started that the govt should allow tertiary education to be fully autonomous and let schools charge rate that can take care of the schools needs while the govt help the less privileged with scholarships and education loans.

That way you get a better school funding, no ASUU strike, better learning environment.

If you incorporate it with better welfare package and overhaul of the health sector, you have started solving the issue from the root cause.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
izzou:

Like.....

I intentionally kept quiet yesterday because i can imagine the insensitivity on their part.

But till now, all i see is how everybody supporting the bill is wicked and selfish.

Well, i am wicked and selfish, and i want to live forever

That bill will be passed, and you will add another 5 years here.

Nonsense

If you also notice that when Unlimited22 came on board I stepped aside because I understood where he was coming from and I didn't want to come across as insensitive.

This idea of calling people evil or APC members because they don't see things the way you see it is not acceptable.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

Is he not the commissioner for health in lagos

He is.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

Na the lawmakers are selfish, these politicians don't like us one bit forget all these initial gragra
They know health sectors are the major route to japa

iz.zou point is valid also tho.

If every medical practitioner japa finish, who go treat those wey remain? 😩
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

He is.
Una sha wan carry Lagos go Abuja sha😁😁
Using Lagos blueprint I like it sha
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
Prosper wan make them pay Doctors 750k - 1m. Per month. πŸ˜‚

Na to kuku Dey use the national budget to pay doctors only. πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Doctors are not the foundation to this problem you know?
Just like professors they ain't the problem, but all of a sudden they should endure just to serve humanity while the culprits enjoy the good thing in life
Not fair na
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

Una sha wan carry Lagos go Abuja sha😁😁
Using Lagos blueprint I like it sha

None come close to him though. The way he handled the Covid-19 pandemic is enough competence test for me. He has a full grasp of our health challenges.

It remains to be seen if he can replicate it at the National level though.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
Itsrm:

If you also notice that when Unlimited22 came on board I stepped aside because I understood where he was coming from and I didn't want to come across as insensitive.

This idea of calling people evil or APC members because they don't see things the way you see it is not acceptable.

That's the thing. We agree that medical brain drain is alarming but this is not the way to solve it

Why in the name of Allah should i have to japa to experience proper electronic health records or a schedule that won't make me hypertensive at 40?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:
Prosper wan make them pay Doctors 750k - 1m. Per month. πŸ˜‚

Na to kuku Dey use the national budget to pay doctors only. πŸ˜‚
Do you think they don't deserve it
Does the lawmakers deserve their salaries and allowances?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
Itsrm:

I support subsidy removal till tomorrow, but i will never go about insulting or rubbing it on people's faces because of the insensitivity

Even when it was discussed here recently, i stayed away because i truly understood people's fears.

When the bill was adopted, i personally told him i understood his point, and at some point i stopped commenting because it is insensitive to a doctor. I even said I do not buy the defense of subsidised fees

But you want to tag me wicked because of my choice?

I am extremely wicked

That bill must come to pass
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

Doctors are not the foundation to this problem you know?
Just like professors they ain't the problem, but all of a sudden they should endure just to serve humanity while the culprits enjoy the good thing in life
Not fair na

They are not the foundation of the problem they are definitely going to be part of the solution.

Just look at the working conditions Unlimited described some pages back, if na me personally I go don run comot sha. πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

They are not the foundation of the problem they are definitely going to be part of the solution.

Just look at the working conditions Unlimited described some pages back, if na me personally I go don run comot sha. πŸ˜‚

'You swore an oath' 😎😎😎😎
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
But Nigeria is poor, it cannot pay Doctors good salary, it cannot build new standard hospital or fully remodel and equip existing one. Nigeria is broke so some State Governors cannot pay ₦30k minimum wage, many State including Lagos are owing backlog of Pension and Gratuity. Nigeria is broke so Govt must remove subsidy without putting in place palliative measures like fixing Electricity. Nigeria is broke only to the masses but not the Politicians..

https://www.nairaland.com/7644978/five-star-retirement-matawalle-wike-okowa

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

Do you think they don't deserve it
Does the lawmakers deserve their salaries and allowances?

Do they deserve it? I’m not sure.

Does our lawmakers deserves their salaries? Yes

Do they deserve their ridiculous allowances? No

Do we have the money to pay doctors 750k - 1m as basic salary? No
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
TrebleChamp:
But Nigeria is poor, it cannot pay Doctors good salary, it cannot build new standard hospital or fully remodel and equip existing one. Nigeria is broke so some State Governors cannot pay ₦30k minimum wage, many State including Lagos are owing backlog of Pension and Gratuity. Nigeria is broke so Govt must remove subsidy without putting in place palliative measures like fixing Electricity. Nigeria is broke only to the masses but not the Politicians..

Lagos is not owing pension and gratuity.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Exactly so why will someone support such wicked bill
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
izzou:

I support subsidy removal till tomorrow, but i will never go about insulting or rubbing it on people's faces because of the insensitivity

Even when it was discussed here recently, i stayed away because i truly understood people's fears.

When the bill was adopted, i personally told him i understood his point, and at some point i stopped commenting because it is insensitive to a doctor. I even said I do not buy the defense of subsidised fees

But you want to tag me wicked because of my choice?

I am extremely wicked

That bill must come to pass

Issue with subsidy removal is the timing
The economy is already in shambles. Look at how many poor people we have.

How many will be able to chest the resultant effect of subsidy removal? Given the track record of our politicians, how sure are you that the money won't be embezzled in some other way?

If I say don't remove subsidy until we see actual Economic improvement, will I also be pointing fingers at you?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Do they deserve it? I’m not sure.

Does our lawmakers deserves their salaries? Yes

Do they deserve their ridiculous allowances? No

Do we have the money to pay doctors 750k - 1m as basic salary? No
How do we pay such figures to politicians and can't remove half for doctors
This life no balance true true
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Omo if you support a bill that wants to keep people in those conditions for five years even after we're saying let's look at other solutions, I don't know chief. I don't know.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
TrebleChamp:

Our politicians always get supply of latest cars every year, yet naija is poor
This is why I can't pity any politicians if evil befall them
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

How do we pay such figures to politicians and can't remove half for doctors
This life no balance true true

That’s because it doesn’t work that way. All the politician in the National Assembly are not up to 600. Do you know the number of doctors or medical practitioners we have in the country?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
sod09:

Our politicians always get supply of latest cars every year, yet naija is poor
This is why I can't pity any politicians if evil befall them
Nigeria is broke but the only jobs where Nigerians get paid on par with Rich Western countries is in politics.

Lol.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

Issue with subsidy removal is the timing
The economy is already in shambles. Look at how many poor people we have.

How many will be able to chest the resultant effect of subsidy removal? Given the track record of our politicians, how sure are you that the money won't be embezzled in some other way?

If I say don't remove subsidy until we see actual Economic improvement, will I also be pointing fingers at you?

Just rest, bro

The fact that you have been throwing shades since yesterday to anybody that doesn't agree with you, is why i said what i said.

I no dey debate subsidy at this point, and i don't intend to
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Most doctors that japa do it between 4-10 years after school. Remember that internship and NYSC already take 2 years. This 5-year thing will not achieve anything apart from creating a bad narrative for the government and strengthening the resolve of doctors that plan to japa. Many will japa at Year 0 and find places to carry out their internship outside the country. The rest will japa in Year 5 (which they were going to do anyway).

It was a poorly thought-out idea.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

Omo if you support a bill that wants to keep people in those conditions for five years even after we're saying let's look at other solutions, I don't know chief. I don't know.

Well to what I understand, what iz.zou is supporting is the intention behind the bill though. One way or the other, we must find a way to keep our doctors here in the country because if everybody japa finish, who go treat those wey remain.

That’s why both party will shift ground and come to the middle ground on the best solution to stop the brain drain.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
izzou:

Just rest, bro

The fact that you have been throwing shades since yesterday to anybody that doesn't agree with you, is why i said what i said.

I no dey debate subsidy at this point, and i don't intend to
My dear respected elder brother, why would you want me to work 120 hrs weekly for 5 years?

O wrong nau

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:33pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

That’s because it doesn’t work that way. All the people in the politician in the National Assembly are not up to 600. Do you know the number of doctors or medical practitioners we have in the country?

When Prosper wrote that yesterday, i just decided to leave the group

If he had done the maths to know how many doctors we will pay 750k, he won't have made that comment.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

My dear respected elder brother, why would you want me to work 120 hrs weekly for 5 years?

O wrong nau

Shebi it is my choice?

Abi i no suppose get choice?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2286) (2287) (2288) (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: wegevv, GrammarNazi1(m), cephasdultimate and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.