Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:53 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600600 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

If you are scared of losing doctors, then fix the system! Make your system competitive against developing countries at least, not even the West!

Why are they not sponsoring bills to better the working conditions of Nigerian doctors? Why are we wicked in Nigeria for God’s sakes!

Even with the lack of data, our clinical outcomes are shameful, now imagine if we had reliable data! The poor are already living in bondage, this bill will not resolve anything just like the new Naira policy..

Hmm but Bros.
You'll have to be realistic/logical about the way you view this thing.. Ehn yes the government is not good.. But it's not only doctors that are suffering it nau.

Hence why earning 250k according to the Nigerian standards is better than what others earn..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

You suppose come out plain tell us say you no like doctors

No need for all this shalaye

Why I d go hospital if I no like doctors. People see government properties as not their own.

Corruption and corrupt practices is in every sector in Nigeria. Some government hospital doctors don't go to work regularly. Some don't give attention to the government hospitals but their private hospitals.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
I guess this is another “sectional propaganda” against the Fulani ethnic group

https://www.nairaland.com/7645389/herdsmen-massacre-43-injure-many

Ọ̀gẹ̀dẹ̀ n' bàjẹ́, ẹ lo'n pọ́n..... Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

Very very normal. Especially surgeons.

Na reset we need reset this country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

. Mention the jobs in Nigeria that they "CONSISTENTLY" call you at 3 am to attend to something

Na all government hospital doctors dem d consistently call by 3am?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:

Why I d go hospital if I no like doctors. People see government properties as not their own.

Corruption and corrupt practices is in every sector in Nigeria. Some government hospital doctors don't go to work regularly. Some don't give attention to the government hospitals but their private hospitals.

So the people they attend to in private hospitals are people from where? Japan, Egypt or maybe marine world🤔
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:

Na all government hospital doctors dem d consistently call by 3am?

Nah.. You said something.. Mention the other jobs that consistently receive work calls by 3am in this country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Nah.. You said something.. Mention the other jobs that consistently receive work calls by 3am in this country

You know how many calls our security outfits d receive at odd hours?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Drone17: 1:42pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:

Work many for Naija wei dem fit call you by 3am to attend to something asap.

All this thing is not everyday. Doctors d government hospital wei be sai three days dem never show work.

I believe you are referring to consultants. Not all doctors have reached the level of consultancy. Just to put things into perspective.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:

You know how many calls our security outfits d receive at odd hours?
Lmao your security dey work shift work.

If you dey refer to gateman for the informal sector.. Those ones dey get free time died.

So again mention the jobs my brother
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Drone17: 1:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Emaprince:
If Tinubu removes it without any effective plan to curb the negative effect, then he should be roasted and cooked.

If Obi won and same thing happens, I'm sure una go roast am as well.

Removing subsidy is not the issue, it's what to do with the money available.

Knowing how prices of goods and services will increase, I think any government that wants to remove subsidy should increase minimum wage by at least 50%
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
Drone17:

I believe you are referring to consultants. Not all doctors have reached the level of consultancy. Just to put things into perspective.

El Rufai recruited young Young doctors in Kaduna and they do shifting.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:46pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao your security dey work shift work.

If you dey refer to gateman for the informal sector.. Those ones dey get free time died.

So again mention the jobs my brother

Without security, i don't even think anything will happen in a society.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
I am already predicting issues regarding this census matter.

Serious wahala coz everybody eye dey red
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:

Without security, i don't even think anything will happen in a society.

Are you talking about army?
Soldiers fighting bokoharam?

Yunno what I'll add them to doctors in people that put in time also.

But do you have their actual work schedules atleast we have some data for doctors..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
Without prejudice to the insightful contributions by Izzou and Unlimited being a medical doctor is an entirely special job that requires some element of self sacrifice same as law enforcement or the army. So going into these kinds of jobs expecting perfect conditions of service especially in a third world country like Nigeria will be hard. That said the least that medical doctors deserve is to receive decent pay and more than basic medical tools to work with.

I came across this article about the Filipino approach to how they handled their own medical worker japa syndrome. Can it work here in Nigeria?

https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---asia/---ro-bangkok/---ilo-manila/documents/publication/wcms_320609.pdf
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Are you talking about army?
Soldiers fighting bokoharam?

Yunno what I'll add them to doctors in people that put in time also.

But do you have their actual work schedules atleast we have some data for doctors..

grin grin grin. Hope you will also advocate for salary increment for them. I want to take it up also sir.

Just leave anything government. Our politicians are corrupt. Even if you go there, e go take the grace of God make them no corrupt you.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:
This subsidy talk.
Omo I've always said it has to be removed ASAP.
FG has again had alot of time to sort this out.

I was hoping we would by now be benefitting from the Siemens power deal but as usual nothing.

And as usual na common man go beat the brunt of FG stupidity.

The Siemens deal is projected to be completed by 2025
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

That is what happened. Most of the money that had accrued to them before contributory pension started was somehow lost. Those that were hardest hit were those that had worked many years before 2007. It is not out of the ordinary for a pensioner in Lag to be getting half what his/her Ogun partner is getting. The more your work experience predated 2007 the bigger your loss.

Omo na big bullshit. Our politicians no fit see heaven.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
chrisooblog:
Without prejudice to the insightful contributions by Izzou and Unlimited being a medical doctor is an entirely special job that requires some element of self sacrifice same as law enforcement or the army. So going into these kinds of jobs expecting perfect conditions of service especially in a third world country like Nigeria will be hard. That said the least that medical doctors deserve is to receive decent pay and more than basic medical tools to work with.

I came across this article about the Filipino approach to how they handled their own medical worker japa syndrome. Can it work here in Nigeria?

https://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---asia/---ro-bangkok/---ilo-manila/documents/publication/wcms_320609.pdf
Lols, this one na research paper o (thesis or dissertation). I clicked on the link without checking the whole link and knowing it's a PDF.

I go read am later. It's very lengthy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

But he has to if he is sworn in.

How many times we go postpone this thing.
You've seen the data nah.
The money subsidy is consuming who go dey pay am.

Let them plug the loopholes that’s making us pay that much amount as subsidy.

They campaign to make life easier for the masses, they should do that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
Nigeria is poor but the lifestyle of politicians begs to disagree.

Like aprokodoctor suggested on twitter if legislators want medical doctors to 'sacrifice' by staying back five years then politicians executive and legislature included should be forced to 'enjoy' this sacrifice as well shikena.

P.S. For the record Lagos is one of the few states doing well as regards not owing pensioners.

TrebleChamp:
But Nigeria is poor, it cannot pay Doctors good salary, it cannot build new standard hospital or fully remodel and equip existing one. Nigeria is broke so some State Governors cannot pay ₦30k minimum wage, many State including Lagos are owing backlog of Pension and Gratuity. Nigeria is broke so Govt must remove subsidy without putting in place palliative measures like fixing Electricity. Nigeria is broke only to the masses but not the Politicians..

https://www.nairaland.com/7644978/five-star-retirement-matawalle-wike-okowa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:

grin grin grin. Hope you will also advocate for salary increment for them. I want to take it up also sir.

Just leave anything government. Our politicians are corrupt. Even if you go there, e go take the grace of God make them no corrupt you.

Yes I will.. Infact they need it.
Guy these jobs are selfless.
Anybody that has the mind to practice medicine or join the army needs to be pampered by the nation
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Yeah it's a special research paper looking at how Philippines uses a kind of special bilateral agreement to profit off of their nurses japaing

A001:

Lols, this one na research paper o (thesis or dissertation). I clicked on the link without checking the whole link and knowing it's a PDF.

I go read am later. It's very lengthy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
chrisooblog:
Yeah it's a special research paper looking at how Philippines uses a kind of special bilateral agreement to profit off of their nurses japaing

They still use the bilateral agreement?

I read the paper was published in 2014. Has the strategy really succeeded in curbing the "japa" wave in the health sector since the bilateral agreement was implemented?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Let them plug the loopholes that’s making us pay that much amount as subsidy.

They campaign to make life easier for the masses, they should do that.

Lmao.. I've sha said my own.. Subsidy has to go
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

The Siemens deal is projected to be completed by 2025
This was the breakdown.

We never even hit the 1st stage which is 7000MW.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Hmm but Bros.
You'll have to be realistic/logical about the way you view this thing.. Ehn yes the government is not good.. But it's not only doctors that are suffering it nau.

Hence why earning 250k according to the Nigerian standards is better than what others earn..

My brother, no dey whine me grin Our current situation defies logic and common sense!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Roland17:

My brother, no dey whine me grin Our current situation defies logic and common sense!

Lmaooooo I knew you'd see through it😂😂😂.

Our issues for this country dey actually confuse me.
We are broke and rich at the same time😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:
Prosper wan make them pay Doctors 750k - 1m. Per month. 😂

Na to kuku Dey use the national budget to pay doctors only. 😂

They currently pay doctors 250k which is more than other professions by a distance because they are adjudged more important, so if not 750k how much will be okay and how do we afford it

There are about 400 Senator and HOR members. Let's assume they make 30m a month which is probably false.
400 times 30m
If we take all their money and use it to pay doctors 1m per month, how many doctors can we possibly pay?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Unlimited22:

Issue with subsidy removal is the timing
The economy is already in shambles. Look at how many poor people we have.

How many will be able to chest the resultant effect of subsidy removal? Given the track record of our politicians, how sure are you that the money won't be embezzled in some other way?

If I say don't remove subsidy until we see actual Economic improvement, will I also be pointing fingers at you?

When will timing of subsidy removal we okay? When will the time be right

We have done the same timing is not okay for over 20yrs

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Well to what I understand, what iz.zou is supporting is the intention behind the bill though. One way or the other, we must find a way to keep our doctors here in the country because if everybody japa finish, who go treat those wey remain.

That’s why both party will shift ground and come to the middle ground on the best solution to stop the brain drain.

What will be an acceptable middle point for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: User09, seankafor(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.