Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600583 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2023
And people back home will be thinking that once you travel abroad, you start plucking money from thin air.

They don't know what those abroad went through before making it.

Though you can suffer all that in Nigeria and some factors here will be working against your growth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
quote author=nihilistjnr post=122383792]

Na man you be.

As someone who currently works 2 jobs, I have nothing but respect for how you applied yourself.

I believe in hardwork. I also believe that the road to enjoyment must be lined with suffering, either yours personally, or endured by someone else on your behalf.

Any self-respecting, self-aware, responsible man on this planet must know himself and learn to suffer - for himself, or for his loved ones. That suffering is quite literally the only reason the male sex exists.[/quote]

Respect bro…. Our efforts won’t be in vain ✋🏽✋🏽

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 10:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
airmark:

Not easy, I had to stop my CT biz, when I went for checks and discovered irregularities in the way my heart worked. I had to stay awake all night, monitoring calls and the time difference between locations involved and mine, did me in.

God will crown your efforts. You shall eat the fruits of your labour.
Amen bro

I guess the fear of heart failure is what resets most of us…
I hope you are good now, your money must be enjoyed to the fullest 😎

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
shocked

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
Olowunl01:

Bro - using your figures multiplied by 600 figure for NASS thats like 18Billion, will pay 20000 Doctors 750k monthly with change remaining; if we even comot PAYE, then net amount for govt reduces. If we can spend $1.2 Billion on the last useless election we can afford to pay Doctors decent pay... 250k is shit pay for a doctor...
We cannot have politicians and govt officials balling and you expect others who are actually performing life saving task to sacrifice..

Oga - Am I mistaken I took you for a capitalist republican, never thought you would support such bill... Na modern day slavery be dis naa?

My advice 500k/750k starting salary + Plus Automatic Bursary and free Tuition for Medical students, then you can begin talking about 5yrs bond.

How many doctors do you think we need in Nigeria? Based on this calculation 20,000 doctors is just an average of 25 per LGA in Nigeria. That is assuming every doctor in Nigeria is entry level and earning 750k. In reality when entry level earns 750k then those with over 8yrs experience will be asking for 1.5m.

So how many experienced doctors of 1.5m plus new graduates of 750k can this 12bn pay every month?

So if we adopt all you Said here. We stop paying all 600 politicians which is not realistic. Even though I doubt they make 30m a month. If we stop paying them, their money saved will only pay 25 doctors per LGA the amount of 750k

So can 25 well paid doctors serve 1 LGA in Nigeria? Will they do it without equipment?

Despite the politicians money we shout about which is part of the American style democracy we signed up for, we are still dirt poor

If we are not going to conduct elections anymore then how do we govern ourselves

And when doctors get paid 750k, the teachers and lecturers who actually teach them to become doctors how much will you pay those ones? The nurses who assist them how much do you pay those ones, the lab technicians who work with them how much will you pay them

After we pay starting doctors 750k we will continue to pay policemen, engineer, accountant pharmacists lawyers in FG payroll the starting 60k per month abi?

Will it be only FG doctors or state govt too will pay their doctors starting salary of 750k

The road they will ply, the power they will use
Then the equipment they need to work where will that money come from since it's the money from the 500 politicians in Abuja that we think will solve all our problems

We are a poor country, very poor sef

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
My position on the Bill to make it mandatory for Medical and Dental practitioners not to be given full practising license until five years after graduation to stem brain drain.

- Dr. Ibrahim Oloriegbe [Senator representing Kwara Central presently]

https://twitter.com/official_IYO/status/1644787413821145088?t=saASjMz6V1oAxNdnM3IWPQ&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
Amen bro

It's why I have life insurance, and income protection insurance, and critical illness cover.

My immediate older brother who also works two jobs along with his wife has taken it a step further by setting up a trust to reduce his kids inheritance tax liability if he kpai. I'm also planning to get that sorted this year after I sort out some other things.

We knkw that the situation we're exploiting for multiple remote jobs cannot last forever, so our health concerns have to take a backseat for now.

The aim is to make all kinds of hay whilst this sun continues to shine, until the day I no longer have to. In my case, the burden has been more on my mental health than my physical health.

Since 2019, I've juggled 2, and for one particular month, 3 jobs, all 9-5, at the same time as a part-time MBA degree. The pressure got so much at some point that I had to take a 6 month study interruption break. My cohort all graduated in September, whilst I've only just squeezed my dissertation over the line last month, and I even got a let-my-people-go pass mark after having to sell some lamba to my supervisor.

We do all these things for the dream of a better life than the one we left behind, and because we know this society allows us to reap the fruits of our labour in a way that is impossible in the land of our birth.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin

AI generated past tweets of one of mini gods of Obidients Movement.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin

AI sha......LMFAO

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:
grin

AI generated past tweets of one of mini gods of Obidients Movement.

LMAO

So this guy is not completely insane.

This simply means that all his subsequent support for Obi was to milk obidient movement for that sweet sweet clout.

Damn.

Dats Tuff.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
grin

..... LOL! Same Tinubu he is using his name to gain followership of Dólts.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 11:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
Amen bro

Yeah. My awkward sleeping pattern has improved, instrumental.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 11:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

It's why I have life insurance, and income protection insurance, and critical illness cover.

My immediate older brother who also works two jobs along with his wife has taken it a step further by setting up a trust to reduce his kids inheritance tax liability if he kpai. I'm also planning to get that sorted this year after I sort out some other things.

We knkw that the situation we're exploiting for multiple remote jobs cannot last forever, so our health concerns have to take a backseat for now.

The aim is to make all kinds of hay whilst this sun continues to shine, until the day I no longer have to. In my case, the burden has been more on my mental health than my physical health.

Since 2019, I've juggled 2, and for one particular month, 3 jobs, all 9-5, at the same time as a part-time MBA degree. The pressure got so much at some point that I had to take a 6 month study interruption break. My cohort all graduated in September, whilst I've only just squeezed my dissertation over the line last month, and I even got a let-my-people-go pass mark after having to sell some lamba to my supervisor.

We do all these things for the dream of a better life than the one we left behind, and because we know this society allows us to reap the fruits of our labour in a way that is impossible in the land of our birth.

Damm bro…. Being a parent is already a full time job, now add two to three jobs in the mix.

It’s also crazy how we consciously put contingencies in place incase we kpai.

You are right that this society rewards hard work…. We had late start but hopefully we reap our rewards soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

LMAO

This simply means that all his subsequent support for Obi was to milk obidient movement for that sweet sweet clout.

Damn.

Dats Tuff.

grin

Its game bruh! People like him are many in their camp, using their weak brain to play ping pong.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
Damm bro…. Being a parent is already a full time job, now add two to three jobs in the mix.

It’s also crazy how we consciously put contingencies in place incase we kpai.

You are right that this society rewards hard work…. We had late start but hopefully we reap our rewards soon.

Amen bro.

We will get there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:
The highest I have slept at a stretch for the past 1yr plus is not more than 4-5 hours.

That's not healthy. Try dey catch up your 8 hours on weekend
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:07am On Apr 09, 2023
nihilistjnr:

LMAO

Damn.

Dats Tuff.

my guess is he was paid to recycle tinubus old sagas by well heeled members of the obideient movement

also since no one is ready to move on after the election, the next step will be to deplete the character of the loudest members of the movement

ultimately no difference between hundeyin and our diagnosis patient.
they know what the time is, but they will continue to distort it for the obidient neophytes

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:17am On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:
My position on the Bill to make it mandatory for Medical and Dental practitioners not to be given full practising license until five years after graduation to stem brain drain.

https://twitter.com/official_IYO/status/1644787413821145088?t=saASjMz6V1oAxNdnM3IWPQ&s=19

if it is who i think it is, his sis was in the same class as my sis in med school in unilorin.

i entered uni with my paddy from secondary school, and i wound up squatting with him. as a result, most of my friends were actually medical students. and 90% of my clique have japaed

most people who read medicine were disillusioned upon graduation and mildly resentful of their parents for pushing them into medicine. you do six years in med school if you make it through without any repeats. after which you throw in housemanship etal. of course while this is happening and you are still collecting allowance from mum and dad, your classmates who did 4 year courses are already pulling down dough and starting thier careers. and you know what is waiting for you cannot compare salary wise.

those who dont japa do public health and get who other related jobs.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 12:20am On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:
grin

..... LOL! Same Tinubu he is using his name to gain followership of Dólts.

i like how apc is now slowly opening the nyash of the celebrities of the obidient movement.

a lot of them will have to come to terms with how they have been taken for a ride

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:31am On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:

My very first point on the day of the argument.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 2:44am On Apr 09, 2023
Ibime:

That's not healthy. Try dey catch up your 8 hours on weekend

Even on weekends, it’s the same thing. I just do staggered sleeping pattern. I can only sleep for that long if I take a sleeping pill and I can’t be taking a sleeping pill every time. If I try to force myself to sleep, I’ll start having headache.

What I try to do is sleep around 6pm if I can and wake around 7:30 - 8pm, eat and try to sleep before 12am again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:13am On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Easter everyone.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 3:23am On Apr 09, 2023
larride:

Even on weekends, it’s the same thing. I just do staggered sleeping pattern. I can only sleep for that long if I take a sleeping pill and I can’t be taking a sleeping pill every time. If I try to force myself to sleep, I’ll start having headache.

What I try to do is sleep around 6pm if I can and wake around 7:30 - 8pm, eat and try to sleep before 12am again.

Yeah sleeping pill is a slippery slope. After some time that dose will stop working and then you need to increase again and again.

It is better to carry out behavioural changes like reducing coffee and alcohol, appropriate exercise, improving phone,TV, and book hygiene. Then also work on reducing underlying stress and anxiety.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 3:32am On Apr 09, 2023
afrodoc2:

Yeah sleeping pill is a slippery slope. After some time that dose will stop working and then you need to increase again and again.

It is better to carry out behavioural changes like reducing coffee and alcohol, appropriate exercise, improving phone,TV, and book hygiene. Then also work on reducing underlying stress and anxiety.

I don’t even drink coffee, smoke or drink alcohol. I’ve never smoked or tasted alcohol in my life.

That stress and anxiety is the main thing. It’s not easy not to stress sha. May God make things easy for us.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 4:04am On Apr 09, 2023
Amigoss:
shocked
If true, this is just the beginning. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 4:05am On Apr 09, 2023
larride:

I don’t even drink coffee, smoke or drink alcohol. I’ve never smoked or tasted alcohol in my life.

That stress and anxiety is the main thing. It’s not easy not to stress sha. May God make things easy for us.
Exercise, Exercise and more exercise.

Like running long distance if you can.

Thank me later.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by FBS: 4:07am On Apr 09, 2023
To the IT/Website dons in the house.

Could anyone please recommend a good domain registrar and website host in Nigeria?

Thanks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:21am On Apr 09, 2023
larride:

Do what FBS suggested find a way of wearing yourself out physically so that you tire out and sleep naturally without sleeping pills

I now sleep 5-7hrs daily.

Remember say you don dey old and the body cannot take the beatings it used to take when you were younger
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:53am On Apr 09, 2023
The last stylebender

Israel Adesanya !!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:54am On Apr 09, 2023
Adesanyaaaaaaaa

Their father 😎😎😎😎😎😎

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 5:55am On Apr 09, 2023
raumdeuter:
The last stylebender

Israel Adesanya !!!!!!
That ear punch powerful…. Never get hit on that spot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: yokiti and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.