Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1609604 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) ... (4925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

hopefully the state is fully obidient now and will now be a testament to good leadership.

all these obidients dissing segalink - i hope they have a back up intermediary for police harassment?

Sega is not a real lawyer but was able to save many youths from police brutality
Where are the real lawyers and what are they doing when SARS was using youths for shooting practice

Maybe is other states had Sega, Obi won't get away with Awkuzu Sars murders

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
Drone17:

There is a slight difference between politicising religion and playing the religious card as a basis for campaign.

Political campaign is about using your opponent's weakness to gain an advantage. Peter Obi and Atiku used the muslim-muslim same faith ticket of the APC to campaign against them. That is politicising religion, it's different from using religion as a basis for getting votes. But having a muslim and christian vice respectively meant they were not against the religion but only used the same faith ticket of the APC to dissuade people from voting APC. Many APC members left the party because of the same faith issue.

APC themselves also used politicised religion with hope of winning a particular region dominated by Muslims. They didn't base their campaign on establishing Islamic dominance.

That said, the claim that parties played the religious card came mainly from their opposition. Especially APC knowing that their same faith ticket will create tension in many parts of the country, decided to use religion as a weapon against PO by making it sound like he was campaigning in a religious war. That's how low and wicked APC can get. They are willing to tear the nation apart with their propaganda as long as it destroys Peter Obi.

Ratata for the last paragraph

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
The gangs of Lagos was a good one ; it wasn’t bad as I had thought .

I however have the following reservations:

1. I believe this kinda project is an opportunity to tell the story of a group of people ( in this case Lagosians ) ,but the producers chose to tell the wrong story . They could’ve talked about the hustle and bustle spirit of Lagos , not this gang wahala . I also find it difficult to connect the prologue of the movie where the commentator said “the first gang of Lagos “ are the eyo masquerades. The thing no make any logical sense and they didn’t do anything to try to link that statement with happenings in the movie as time goes on.

2. This movie glorified gangsterism from beginning till end . It also gives the vibes that it’s only political violence u can use to retire violent politicians/godfathers

3. The actors and actresses were all great and interpreted their roles well, but some of them should’ve been replaced with someone else . Adesuwa May be a very great actress and interpreted her role well, but someone who could speak more fluent Yoruba should’ve taken her place . She was named “Ebun” , yet her spoken Yoruba in the movie was no better than Chike whose character was “Ify “, an igbo guy . …… Zlatan, Chioma , Iyabo Ojo are naturals . They did really well in their respective roles and worthy of special mention .

4. The fight scenes are well choreographed and makes much sense than what I’ve seen in previous nollywood movies . Whoever handled the choreography should be handed more of such jobs in subsequent nollywood movies .

5. The fact that the Nigerian police was not even shown for once to at least be seen as enforcing the laws and maintains order ;e really get as e be. It made it look like police don’t even exist in isale eko.
I’ve watched enough narco themed movies/series and know that despite the police in Mexico/Columbia being on the payroll of the cartels, the police still pretend as though they have things under control from time to time . I can deal with corrupt police in a gang-crime-themed movie, but a movie with police almost non existent dey somehow sha .

For someone who doesn’t really dig naija movies , I think these producers tried ….. it can only get better from here

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

1. I believe this kinda project is an opportunity to tell the story of a group of people ( in this case Lagosians ) ,but the producers chose to tell the wrong story . They could’ve talked about the hustle and bustle spirit of Lagos , not this gang wahala . I also find it difficult to connect the prologue of the movie where the commentator said “the first gang of Lagos “ are the eyo masquerades. The thing no make any logical sense and they didn’t do anything to try to link that statement with happenings in the movie as time goes on.

2. This movie glorified gangsterism from beginning till end . It also gives the vibes that it’s only political violence u can use to retire violent politicians/godfathers

3. The actors and actresses were all great and interpreted their roles well, but some of them should’ve been replaced with someone else . Adesuwa May be a very great actress and interpreted her role well, but someone who could speak more fluent Yoruba should’ve taken her place . She was named “Ebun” , yet her spoken Yoruba in the movie was no better than Chike whose character was “Ify “, an igbo guy . …… Zlatan, Chioma , Iyabo Ojo are naturals . They did really well in their respective roles and worthy of special mention .

4. The fight scenes are well choreographed and makes much sense than what I’ve seen in previous nollywood movies . Whoever handled the choreography should be handed more of such jobs in subsequent nollywood movies .

5. The fact that the Nigerian police was not even shown for once to at least be seen as enforcing the laws and maintains order ;e really get as e be. It made it look like police don’t even exist in isale eko.
I’ve watched enough narco themed movies/series and know that despite the police in Mexico/Columbia are on the payroll of the cartels, the police still pretend as though they have things under control from time to time . I can deal with corrupt police in a gang-crime-themed movie, but a movie with police almost non existent dey somehow sha .

For someone who doesn’t really dig naija movies , I think these producers tried ….. it can only get better from here
Was the movie produced by Toyin Abraham?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2023
monerozi5590:

Wike keeps commissioning project . If we are looking at performance of governors in SS, I think Wike will top the list. What do you think?

It depends on the yardstick. If you're looking at infrastructral development, no governor performed better across Nigeria

He has his shortcomings and I believe the incoming governor will continue from where he stopped.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2023
A001:

Was the movie produced by Toyin Abraham?

No, it was produced by Jadesola Osiberu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:
grin

AI generated past tweets of one of mini gods of Obidients Movement.

Lmaooo please tell me your also agree with his tweets on tinubu 🤲.

Considering how consistent he has been about Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

hopefully the state is fully obidient now and will now be a testament to good leadership.

all these obidients dissing segalink - i hope they have a back up intermediary for police harassment?

The Obidient governor must do well. No excuses will be tolerated.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2023
A001:

You know many actors say several things in their movies they don't mean in real life. Actors do that all the time. Why did you actually find it funny?

Maybe because I don't follow Toyin Abraham on social media.

The bold is the reason . She kinda took the whole election campaign thing serious and unfortunately for her those who disagreed with her personal choice of Tinubu were trolls , frustrated youths and people who just don’t like her for reasons best known to them .

It’s good the elections are over sha….. some of these entertainers/celebrities made friends and enemies for themselves that period
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
Itsrm:

It depends on the yardstick. If you're looking at infrastructral development, no governor performed better across Nigeria

He has his shortcomings and I believe the incoming governor will continue from where he stopped.

Wike finished strong.. I agree but I think a case can be made for Dave Umahi
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

As long as development hit the state that's all the citizens want.
Focus on your state and stop being a v0yeur

Moving from Aba to Port Harcourt is like going from Ajegunle to New York. cheesy

Lets pray our Obidient governor performs so Abians can have things to talk about their state and not bothering about states doing significantly better. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

The bold is the reason . She kinda took the whole election campaign thing serious and unfortunately for her those who disagreed with her personal choice of Tinubu were trolls , frustrated youths and people who just don’t like her for reasons best known to them .

It’s good the elections are over sha….. some of these entertainers/celebrities made friends and enemies for themselves that period
Okay. I also didn't like how most Yoruba actors supported and campaigned for BAT and APC during the elections, though I'm not active on social media.

Nevertheless, I still like and respect a number of them despite the fact they were bought by the greedy politicians. However, I like and respect Yoruba actors like Mr. Macaroni more.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 2:03pm On Apr 09, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I’ve watched enough narco themed movies/series and know that despite the police in Mexico/Columbia being on the payroll of the cartels, the police still pretend as though they have things under control from time to time . I can deal with corrupt police in a gang-crime-themed movie, but a movie with police almost non existent dey somehow sha .

Wait you mean you don't know eyo is part of a cult/gang?
During eyo festival, beefing gang use the avenue to cause chaos. One of my uncle still have the custome and the stick. Eyo is nothing close to spiritual na big scam🤣 na why I no they rate oba of lagoon
As for police not shown in the fighting scenes that's the norms in island fight na, them never born any police papa to be at the scene they can only come after to pack bodies

I think say you grow up for island ni
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Alright. On general performance rating. Top 6. Where will you place Wike in SS.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Wike finished strong.. I agree but I think a case can be made for Dave Umahi

Especially when you consider the resources available to him. When presidency returns to the South, Umahi would have been someone i'll really root for but he'll be 75 and I doubt he will be running.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
grin

Dude has been churning out lies after lies like their God since his rssurrection from Cell.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
monerozi5590:

Alright. On general performance rating. Top 6. Where will you place Wike in SS.

Second. Only behind El Rufai. The only major problem El Rufais government has is the security situation in the state but what exactly can he do about it?

Difficult to lay the blame on him
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Dude has been churning out lies after like their God since his rssurrection from Cell.

Lmao.. So you believe nobody could have been locked up 3months before chude was locked up.. Or 2 months..or even 1 month.

You think people that are locked up didn't use twitter at all and so therefore have no idea who chude is.

Even the person you quoted is well known enough that if he gets arrested today, anybody that is active on twitter will know him.

Lets not forget Chude is very well known Obidient 😁

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2023
Itsrm:

no lie.. he performed so well
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
Itsrm:

Second. Only behind El Rufai. The only major problem El Rufais government has is the security situation in the state but what exactly can he do about it?

Difficult to lay the blame on him

I meant South South. It there means Wike tops south south.

Same way there are saying Wike is wicked that is the same name people are calling EL Rufai.

This is true. No one is perfect.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Dude has been churning out lies after like their God since his rssurrection from Cell.
Lol, this Chude guy has been dropping lie after lie since his release from prison. Him, Jack01ng and UchePOkoye are some of the most nuisance Peter Obi supporters.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. So you believe nobody could have been locked up 3months before chude was locked up.. Or 2 months..or even 1 month.

You think people that are locked up didn't use twitter at all and so therefore have no idea who chude is.

Even the person you quoted is well known enough that if he gets arrested today, anybody that is active on twitter will know him.

grin

Welldone, you're doing well.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
Theflint1:
Lol, this Chude guy has been dropping lie after lie since his release from prison. Him, Jack01ng and UchePOkoye are some of the most nuisance Peter Obi supporters.

grin

......cheap lies by the way. He wanna become Mandela of una Movement.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:19pm On Apr 09, 2023
I am free,the next ban might retire this monika😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:

grin

Welldone, you're doing well.

You should have posted the link to the tweet nau so we can read how Jack is getting cooked😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
A001:

Okay. I also didn't like how most Yoruba actors supported and campaigned for BAT and APC during the elections, though I'm not active on social media.

Nevertheless, I still like and respect a number of them despite the fact they were bought by the greedy politicians. However, I like and respect Yoruba actors like Mr. Macaroni more.

I don’t even have anything against influencers/celebrities endorsing their personal candidates in a bid to get paid . Nigerian celebrities are just like footballers who have a short career span ; they need to make as much money as they can to sustain them when they are no longer the toast of the people .

That was why I never blamed Olaiya igwe that time he posted a video of his naked asss at the beach praying for Tinubu’s victory . The man upon further probing narrated how he was seriously sick and the Tinubu family ( Remi in particular) had him treated as top priority and cleared his medical bills …… she also gave him money to produce a movie when he was back on his feet .

I don’t question people’s choices in these kinda matter . Naija never better reach level wey u go dey expect people to look beyond where their bread is buttered and take a stand opposite of their benefactor.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Naaa, the Chude guy dey drop lamba like no-mans business, even before his arrest, the number of fake news he drops is alarming. He's one character that should either be cautioned or pushed aside...him being one of the most prominent supporters of PO is a net negative..

LP should by now have a proper comms team from the official handle, and sensible influencers that people can look to for responsible communication... someone like Ndi Kato for example.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

You should have posted the link to the tweet nau so we can read how Jack is getting cooked😁

grin

..... what's my business with that? Did you read Theflint1 comment? You're doing well once again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
OasisX:

grin

......cheap lies by the way. He wanna become Mandela of una Movement.
Na im know, there's several of them that it's clear they're doing what they're doing for positioning and what not.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Theflint1:
Naaa, the Chude guy dey drop lamba like no-mans business, even before his arrest, the number of fake news he drops is alarming. He's one character that should either be cautioned or pushed aside...him being one of the most prominent supporters of PO is a net negative..

LP should by now have a proper comms team from the official handle, and sensible influencers that people can look to for responsible communication... someone like Ndi Kato for example.

grin

You belong to Obidents camp not Mobidents camp as him..... LMFAO
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
Theflint1:
Na im know, there's several of them that it's clear they're doing what they're doing for positioning and what not.

grin

..... selfish interest bruh. They wanna milk the opportunity well well before it fades, but People like LLNP are really Sheep.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
monerozi5590:

I meant South South. It there means Wike tops south south.

Same way there are saying Wike is wicked that is the same name people are calling EL Rufai.

This is true. No one is perfect.

Absolutely, he tops the South South.

As for El Rufai, I'm not surprised. He even had to reverse one of the best decisions he took. We are not ready for good governance in this country cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) (2300) (2301) ... (4925) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.