Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600606 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

grin

Thanks for the correction, thought it is ₦200k.

If na 200k, I for don join them too cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
Next of Kin patiently waiting one side grin
one thing with good white countries is that you must be ready to roll up your sleeves and go to work..

It's easier for someone in Nigeria to dash you money 💰 than in abroad..

E no easy anywhere I tell you.. but I shaa chose the lesser evil which is japa
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
Itsrm:

If na 200k, I for don join them too cheesy

😂😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:
one thing with good white countries is that you must be ready to roll up your sleeves and go to work..

grin

Main Reasons I barely put mouth for Japa discourse on this board. It may work for me, doesn't mean it'll work for you.

Not everyone can persevere until pasture eventually turns green - slowly but surely.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:

You are right…We earn per hour… so it’s Damm hard to dash money.

Time is money here and these people practice lean production in some of their sectors…. So you work and work…..If your employer wants to make you happy… He dashes you extra 30mins or one hour which then reflects in your pay.

But everything na choice Sha…There are people that club every Friday and Saturday because they get enough time when most of us prefer $78 per hour on Sunday….. Good Ol’ Times cheesy

Anyways man can’t kill himself
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
grin I had to go see doctor at one point to do full body check as I was one cardiac arrest from kicking bucket…Then I booked hotel for three days so man could rest.

$70K plus tuition is no joke… then add rent and other living expenses

Na man you be bro. Everything go end in praise.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
Soyinka wrote a poem for Achebe but people here and on twitter are pitting them against each other…. Obvious there was huge respect amongst them

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
True… Lots of japa citizens be overworking themselves

When I came, all the money I banked on to use for school Nigerian stock market help me less am. Tuened almost 6m to 1m. They even put an embargo on trading in Nigerian stock market so I couldn't even sell to get out

So I had to get a factory job from 6pm to 6am. Finish work get home by 630am. Sleep 2hrs, bath enter train for 1hr. lecture starts at 9am to 2pm. Enter train reach house by 3. Sleep 3 to 530 go work.. I dey pray to get sitting position inside train so you can sleep in transit

The days I didn't have lectures at 9 were the days I could rest

I come dey envy my friends wey get security job cos dem fit snooze and read while at the job

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
larride:

Na man you be bro. Everything go end in praise.
Cheers bro… It surely will.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

When I came, all the money I banked on to use for school Nigerian stock market help me less am. Tuened almost 6m to 1m. They even put an embargo on trading in Nigerian stock market so I couldn't even sell to get out

So I had to get a factory job from 6pm to 6am. Finish work get home by 630am. Sleep 2hrs, bath enter train for 1hr. lecture starts at 9am to 2pm. Enter train reach house by 3. Sleep 3 to 530 go work.. I dey pray to get sitting position inside train so you can sleep in transit

The days I didn't have lectures at 9 were the days I could rest

I come dey envy my friends wey get security job cos dem fit snooze and read while at the job
6pm to 6am…. Damm I hate those long 12 hours shift grin

I did factory for less than a month but it wasn’t my thing… Did farm job for one day and ran with my shoes on my head… Grape picking is the hardest job out there

Used to do night 10:45 to 07:15, then morning shift straight from my night shift if I don’t have morning lectures or I do afternoon when I have morning lectures. Then straight to night shift again.

I mastered completing my assignments in two days with perfect referencing and I always did so well grin

I’ve gotten speed tickets and demerits points for speeding from shift to school… I’ve also slept off in traffic lights countless times while driving .

I had to get used to coffee even though I hated it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:51pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
6pm to 6am…. Damm I hate those long 12 hours shift grin

I did factory for less than a month but it wasn’t my thing… Did farm job for one day and ran with my shoes on my head… Grape picking is the hardest job out there

Used to do night 10:45 to 07:15, then morning shift straight from my night shift if I don’t have morning lectures or I do afternoon when I have morning lectures. Then straight to night shift again.

I mastered completing my assignments in two days with perfect referencing and I always did so well grin

I’ve gotten speed tickets and demerits points for speeding from shift to school… I’ve also slept off in traffic lights countless times while driving .

I had to get used to coffee even though I hated it

Some friend were able to get taxi cabs to drive cos someone was giving them his cab to drive

When we heard that working on Thanksgiving and Black Friday was twice the pay. Omo we died there that day worked almost 22hrs

If you no pay school fees they will report you to DHS immediately

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

Some friend were able to get taxi cabs to drive cos someone was giving them his cab to drive

When we heard that working on Thanksgiving and Black Friday was twice the pay. Omo we died there that day worked almost 22hrs

How do you make out time to prep for exams? Abi no carryover there?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
Eazzii:

You have to find time. Weekend, any spare time

One of my guys wey come here and still dey maintain babe for Naija, wey he go dey call and Skype when he suppose dey read

One of the first thing you do when you enter na to enter hustle mode and forget babe or friends

You won't have a life, just read work school

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

I guess this was the number one motivating factor… no one wants to go back to lipsrsealed

Easter, New year na best time to work…. 22hrs and double pay cover three days work sef grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
Eazzii:
Exam period…. Most people reduce working hours especially for tough courses

Bachelors here, you do four courses per semester…. Naija you do like 11 per semester your first and second year 💀

Masters…. You might get lucky and no exam in some courses…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
People are shocked at working 150hrs per week…. I had 3hrs sleep per day for about two years…Doing two jobs to pay fees……That shiit is crazy.

Can’t imagine doing that in Nigeria and also, in a critical sector…. Forcing them to stay is slavery Abeg

Na man you be.

As someone who currently works 2 jobs, I have nothing but respect for how you applied yourself.

I believe in hardwork. I also believe that the road to enjoyment must be lined with suffering, either yours personally, or endured by someone else on your behalf.

Any self-respecting, self-aware, responsible man on this planet must know himself and learn to suffer - for himself, or for his loved ones. That suffering is quite literally the only reason the male sex exists.

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Na man you be.

As someone who currently works 2 jobs, I have nothing but respect for how you applied yourself.

I believe in hardwork. I also believe that the road to enjoyment must be lined with suffering, either yours personally, or endured by someone else on your behalf.

Any self-respecting, self-aware, responsible man on this planet must know himself and learn to suffer - for himself, or for his loved ones. That suffering is quite literally the only reason the male sex exists.

grin grin grin. This guy.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
I guess this was the number one motivating factor… no one wants to go back to lipsrsealed

Easter, New year na best time to work…. 22hrs and double pay cover three days work sef grin

Baba that na the motivation. I left a fairly comfortable career in Nigeria. So going back was a no-no.

We die there mode ni

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
monerozi5590:
[/b]

grin grin grin. This guy.
na true naa..

Women no dey suffer ..

The only suffer wey woman dey suffer na when she carry belle

Upon still that, na still man wey go shoulder the responsibilities..

To be a man is not a day job~ flavor n'abania
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2023
raumdeuter:

They currently pay doctors 250k which is more than other professions by a distance because they are adjudged more important, so if not 750k how much will be okay and how do we afford it

There are about 400 Senator and HOR members. Let's assume they make 30m a month which is probably false.
400 times 30m
If we take all their money and use it to pay doctors 1m per month, how many doctors can we possibly pay?
Bro - using your figures multiplied by 600 figure for NASS thats like 18Billion, will pay 20000 Doctors 750k monthly with change remaining; if we even comot PAYE, then net amount for govt reduces. If we can spend $1.2 Billion on the last useless election we can afford to pay Doctors decent pay... 250k is shit pay for a doctor...
We cannot have politicians and govt officials balling and you expect others who are actually performing life saving task to sacrifice..

Oga - Am I mistaken I took you for a capitalist republican, never thought you would support such bill... Na modern day slavery be dis naa?

My advice 500k/750k starting salary + Plus Automatic Bursary and free Tuition for Medical students, then you can begin talking about 5yrs bond.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:
I can't fit even if you pay me 1 million dollars..

Bro we're talking about I milli not naira but $$ bucks shocked

Lol, I will do it without even thinking twice, how many hours do I even sleep here in Naija.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

Bro we're talking about I milli not naira but $$ bucks shocked

Lol, I will do it without even thinking twice, how many hours do I even sleep here in Naija.
you don't understand bro..

There are some health issues you will develop that will swallow all the money 💰 you think 🤔 you have or will make..

Good health is something you cant buy with money 💰
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:
grin I had to go see doctor at one point to do full body check as I was one cardiac arrest from kicking bucket…Then I booked hotel for three days so man could rest.

Not easy, I had to stop my CT biz, when I went for checks and discovered irregularities in the way my heart worked. I had to stay awake all night, monitoring calls and the time difference between locations involved and mine, did me in.

God will crown your efforts. You shall eat the fruits of your labour.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by sod09(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2023
obainojazz:

Our hustle won't be in vain

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:
you don't understand bro..

There are some health issues you will develop that will swallow all the money 💰 you think 🤔 you have or will make..

Good health is something you cant buy with money 💰

I understand what's u saying but currently, I sleep btw 9pm and 10pm and wake up at 2:30am (fixed alarm) everyday.

so if that milli $ is up for grabs mehn I won't hesitate to the work tongue

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
See legendary hustlers. Na why Nigerians tend to thrive when they leave that Squid Game called Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2023
EmmanuelScott1:

I understand what's u saying but currently, I sleep btw 9pm and 10pm and wake up at 2:30am (fixed alarm) everyday.

so if that milli $ is up for grabs mehn I won't hesitate to the work tongue
same as me, mine I don't need an alarm ⏰ because it has already become a routine for me
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by EmmanuelScott1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
seankafor:
same as me, mine I don't need an alarm ⏰ because it has already become a routine for me

That's 5hrs difference, and u won't do 3hrs for milli $?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
The highest I have slept at a stretch for the past 1yr plus is not more than 4-5 hours.

Whether I like it or not, I’ll always wake up around 3am. Sometimes I just press phone till morning or if nepa decides to give us light, I design.

May God ease our affairs sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2023
OasisX:

Not everyone can persevere until pasture eventually turns green - slowly but surely.[/font]

The people doing billing don't know the story or the struggle.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amoto94(m): 9:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
Last year I had seizure when we stopped by to observe prayer a day to Sallah thank God I was in the company of family members, when I regained consciousness I said to myself so you could've died just like that? Prior to that day i have been fasting for days and also doing busy schedule that some days I will get home late then wake up by 4am take sahur, pray and set off for work before 6am.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: obainojazz(m), User09 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.