Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600795 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2442) (2443) (2444) (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Baba, I no too get strength for that kind wahala. Woke is Woke

grin grin grin

You see how you let yourself join the fray for something you're not adequately suited or knowledgeable about..

It's been easy to shout woke woke woke!!! But people criticizing it barely know what they're criticizing. Because when surgically analysed, their talking points fall flat in the face.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
Donjazet2:

grin grin grin

You see how you let yourself join the fray for something you're not adequately suited or knowledgeable about..

It's been easy to shout woke woke woke!!! But people criticizing it barely know what they're criticizing. Because when surgically analysed, their talking points fall flat in the face.

Stop overrating urself. Say we no dey type paragraphs upon paragraphs no mean say we no know wetin to type.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Stop overrating urself. Say we no dey type paragraphs upon paragraphs no mean say we no know wetin to type.
Eeeeeiiiiiii 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
grin grin grin
BlueRayDick:

Baba, I no too get strength for that kind wahala. Woke is Woke
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
In modern times, I don't take most feminists seriously. However, the history of feminism is rich and interesting, especially in the US and the UK.

Even as a man, I shared the beliefs of prominent feminists in the US such as Jane Addams, who was a strong advocate for women's rights and played a leading role in the women's suffrage movement in the 20th century. In the past, women were not allowed to go to school, vote, run for public office, and do certain jobs in many parts of the West.

Women like Jane Addams and Susan Anthony fought hard to promote women's rights, and they achieved laudable feats. Over the years, feminism had gone through various phases: first wave, second wave, third wave, and fourth wave.

Today, I feel the movement has practically lost its relevance. Unlike those brave feminists of the past, today's feminists are more or less opportunists.

It's pertinent to point out that men and women are not equal -- and can never be equal. But both should have equal rights.

I support gender equality: Women should have the same access to education, job opportunities, and political representation as men.

Also, I support gender equity: The idea of fairness and justice in the way that men and women are treated, taking into account their different needs and experiences.

These are the good principles upon which the original feminist movement was established. But today's feminists are mostly toxic women.

People should not be discriminated against based on gender, as proponents of the LGBTQ+ movement aver.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:
Why is Abike Dabiri dividing Nigerians fleeing a war in Sudan by state of origin?

https://twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/1651219730273910786?s=19

Which states get first dibs?

I think it is a way to confirm who really is a Nigerian

5500 were confirmed for evacuation. But imagine seeing 6755 there.

What would you do in that situation?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

Am sure they have passports and means of identification.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

There's a possibility they are Nigerians without papers. No be today Nigerians dey reside in foreign countries without papers. The problem is just that it may to come to a debate that does the FG owe Nigerians staying abroad illegally evacuation in the case of serious conflict like this sudan issue?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

Am sure they have passports and means of identification.

Of course.

You should also know that a lot of Sudanese would be looking for ways to flee. And it is through African countries evacuating their people that they would follow

So, it could be a means to identify who is really a Nigerian

I hope you know say dem dey forge passport
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:

It's pertinent to point out that men and women are not equal -- and can never be equal.

What is this?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

There's a possibility they are Nigerians without papers. No be today Nigerians dey reside in foreign countries without papers. The problem is just that it may to come to a debate that does the FG owe Nigerians staying abroad illegally evacuation in the case of serious conflict like this sudan issue?

The FG owes everybody evacuation, but the priority would be those who are documented.

I am sure the 5,500 we have been hearing are those that can be verified through the embassy.

And na those wey Air peace don agree to lift
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:
What are the economic prospects of states building airports?

I don't know, I don't see Abakaliki as a choice destination for anything.

This airport be like elephant project to me.

But, who am I to oppose good stuff? lipsrsealed

Ten years down the line that airport will have an annual maintenance budget that will suck resources from other sectors.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

What is this?
What does it look like?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

Ten years down the line that airport will have an annual maintenance budget that will suck resources from other sectors.

The funniest thing is from Airport Corner in Enugu, you'll see buses going to Abakaliki for 300 (Back then)

So why should i wait for days to book a flight to Abakaliki, when i get a flight to Enugu tomorrow and take a cab to Abakaliki?

You see that project? Make i no talk sef
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:44pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:
What does it look like?
What is the thinking behind that statement.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Don't worry if we have civil war tomorrow plenty of airfield for escape. Look on the bright side. Maybe that is the real plan of all these governors.
lmao😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

What is the thinking behind that statement.
Men and women are fundamentally different at the biological level and other levels.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

bro you guys should stop been negative and sadists

The ebonyi airport is a marvel to watch oeing to the various colorisation and aesthetics

Even if it's going to get bombed tomorrow, let's celebrate 🥂 and enjoy it while it lasts..

You guys should stop being short sighted..

Umahi that orchestrated it, you r not more knowledgeable than him

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:

Men and women are fundamentally different at the biological level and other levels.
That's why they are not equal?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

That's why they are not equal?
One of the key reasons they're not equal.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2023
BlueRayDick:

But you still can't expatiate on your position on why you think "woke culture" is bad.
You just threw a weak blanket statement out there which is unlike you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:49pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:
One of the key reasons they're not equal.
Being different biologically is not a reason. All humans are equal.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

Being different biologically is not a reason. All humans are equal.
No, they're not. A simple look at the anatomy of a man compared with a woman's shows they're different.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:

No, they're not. A simple look at the anatomy of a man compared with a woman's shows they're different.

Difference in anatomy has nothing to do with being equal. Man and woman are humans and every human is equal. All humans are equal in fundamental worth and moral status.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:55pm On Apr 27, 2023
No female prophets in Islam, Judaism, Christianity (Catholicism). Yet, you say men and women are equal.

Men and women are different at the basic (biological) level. But both should have equal rights.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:
In modern times, I don't take most feminists seriously. However, the history of feminism is rich and interesting, especially in the US and the UK.

Even as a man, I shared the beliefs of prominent feminists in the US such as Jane Addams, who was a strong advocate for women's rights and played a leading role in the women's suffrage movement in the 20th century. In the past, women were not allowed to go to school, vote, run for public office, and do certain jobs in many parts of the West.

Women like Jane Addams and Susan Anthony fought hard to promote women's rights, and they achieved laudable feats. Over the years, feminism had gone through various phases: first wave, second wave, third wave, and fourth wave.

Today, I feel the movement has practically lost its relevance. Unlike those brave feminists of the past, today's feminists are more or less opportunists.

It's pertinent to point out that men and women are not equal -- and can never be equal. But both should have equal rights.

I support gender equality: Women should have the same access to education, job opportunities, and political representation as men.

Also, I support gender equity: The idea of fairness and justice in the way that men and women are treated, taking into account their different needs and experiences.

These are the good principles upon which the original feminist movement was established. But today's feminists are mostly toxic women.

People should not be discriminated against based on gender, as proponents of the LGBTQ+ movement aver.

If I ask you what your evidence is for the premise you just made that "today's feminist are toxic", you wouldn't be able to justify that statement.

What you should know is that wrongful generalizations like these are what dissidents and naysayers of movements like these, people seeking to halt these kind of advances seek to use as a justification to malign the movement and their goals.

You have just admitted that you agree and admire the successes of the feminist movement, now what makes you think that modern feminism is "toxic" as you've put it?

What exactly is toxic about the feminist movement? The appeal for equal opportunities and equal rights? Or you believe we have already attained that and there isn't any need for it again?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

Difference in anatomy has nothing to do with being equal. Man and woman are humans and every human is equal.
You're merely repeating the same line over and over again? What makes men and women equal?

The biology doesn't agree with your statement.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:57pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:

How does being different corelate with being unequal?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:

You're merely repeating the same line over and over again? What makes men and women equal?

The biology doesn't agree with your statement.
This shi.t is tiring. Anatomy has nothing to with anything in terms of being equal in society.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:00pm On Apr 27, 2023
Donjazet2:

If I ask you what your evidence is for the premise you just made that "today's feminist are toxic", you wouldn't be able to justify that statement.

What you should know is that wrongful generalizations like these are what dissidents and naysayers of movements like these, people seeking to halt these kind of advances seek to use as a justification to malign the movement and their goals.

You have just admitted that you agree and admire the successes of the feminist movement, now what makes you think that modern feminism is "toxic" as you've put it?

What exactly is toxic about the feminist movement? The appeal for equal opportunities and equal rights? Or you believe we have already attained that and there isn't any need for it again?
Point to where I said "today's feminists are toxic" in the post you quoted.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
Melvyn11:

This shi.t is tiring. Anatomy has nothing to with anything in terms of being equal in society.
Repeating the same line all over again. You've no evidence to back your claim?

Even the imported god you dey worship didn't make any female a prophet in your Bible.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Melvyn11: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2023
A001:

Repeating the same line all over again. You've no evidence to back your claim?

Even the imported god you dey worship didn't make any female a prophet in your Bible.
Please tell me how having different Anatomy makes man and woman not equal in the society?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2442) (2443) (2444) (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, GloriousGbola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.