Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1609756 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) ... (4925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

What if na because those drivers hear say na 1.2m dem pay them meanwhile the actual money low gan nai make them stop

That one no concern the driver.

He stated his price and he will be paid

But what i am sure is that paying upfront leaves us at the mercy of the drivers.

E be like say una never get that kind experience here, talk more of a place in crises
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

Yes, the drivers

Doc, one thing you should know is that Sudan is now a Jungle; Everybody trying to cheat and eat anybody

FG procured the service of 40 buses for $1.2 million. Apart from corruption, it is clear that those buses must have multiplied their fares by 50...Very expected for a country in crises

Now, only a stupid person would pay in full. If those drivers receive complete payment, they can decide not to deliver...Owo ti lor.

I am not there, but maybe they have stops where they have negotiated to receive payments as they go. That video shows they are no longer on Khartoum

That was why i said alert will come
This thing suppose be cash business and each bus go get person with the drivers cash on ground. This whole thing is part of general Nigerian incompetence sha (no be today e start, and no be APC start am), but we should do better. I'm sure the ministry of foreign affairs don't even have an evacuation procedure on ground for its citizens, na just to pack themselves go there then make it up along the way.

The evacuation should even be handled by military mainly and not civilians, won't be surprised if it has been a civilian heavy evcuation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

Yes, the drivers

Doc, one thing you should know is that Sudan is now a Jungle; Everybody trying to cheat and eat anybody

FG procured the service of 40 buses for $1.2 million. Apart from corruption, it is clear that those buses must have multiplied their fares by 50...Very expected for a country in crises

Now, only a stupid person would pay in full. If those drivers receive complete payment, they can decide not to deliver...Owo ti lor.

I am not there, but maybe they have stops where they have negotiated to receive payments as they go. That video shows they are no longer on Khartoum

That was why i said alert will come

I hope we won't have another case of missing children like Chibok.

When we were stranded in Calabar and being hunted by Unical cultists i know how we felt. These ones are in the middle of the desert thousands of km from home in the midst of bloodthirsty warlords. Even the parents will not be able to sleep.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:
This thing suppose be cash business and each bus go get person with the drivers cash on ground. This whole thing is part of general Nigerian incompetence sha (no be today e start, and no be APC start am), but we should do better. I'm sure the ministry of foreign affairs don't even have an evacuation procedure on ground for its citizens, na just to pack themselves go there then make it up along the way.

The evacuation should even be handled by military mainly and not civilians, won't be surprised if it has been a civilian heavy evcuation.

Military from where??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ibime:

That's not a bad cost to evacuate thousands from war zone.

Hazard pay to bus companies plus payment to rebels not to shoot

Guy.. I'm sorry I don't trust FG.
There is nothing these guys do not use to steal money and this recent event further strengthens my stance.

The actual money paid could be so low that the drivers heard 1.2m and probably flipped.

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

I hope we won't have another case of missing children like Chibok.

When we were stranded in Calabar and being hunted by Unical cultists i know how we felt. These ones are in the middle of the desert thousands of km from home. Even the parents will not be able to sleep.

I understand, and i can't imagine myself there

The Khartoum airport that was damaged made it worse.

If they allowed planes to land there, it would have been easier
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

If you have travelled to the North, one of the ways Immigration officers question any suspected foreigner is to ask of his state of origin, and his local government.

Now there are over 6,000 people that a few officials neet to verify...How do you think 100 people will verify 6,000 without mistakes and being overwhelmed?

Everything is not about criticising

Or did you hear that they left Anambra and carried only Kano?
You sure say you read that my reply well, cause it looks like you're basically repeating questions I already provided answers to.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

Military from where??
Nigerian military.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 2:13pm On Apr 27, 2023
afrodoc2:

Tropical rainfall is enough to wreck roads. It starts from using substandard materials and defective designing and then continues with zero maintenance culture.

In the areas of the developed world that suffer huge rainfall or snowfall it would seem to you that they are always constructing roads meanwhile most of it is just maintenance work before it starts showing obvious wear and tear. In Nigeria if the road does not have huge potholes that can swallow a sports car they will not think of doing any work on it.

Also, not every automotive vehicle should ply every road. Some roads based on materials used and design should be restricted by weight and number of wheels.

It is only in Nigeria you will see 16 wheelers, trailers of all sizes using the road as smaller cars. Those heavy duty vehicles put a ton of pressure on the roads and bridges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

That one no concern the driver.

He stated his price and he will be paid

But what i am sure is that paying upfront leaves us at the mercy of the drivers.

E be like say una never get that kind experience here, talk more of a place in crises

Na it concerns the driver very well.
If you tell me you'll pay me 300k after plenty negotiation and then you announce you are paying me 1m..best believe I'm renegotiating on the spot my guy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:
Nigerian military.

So Nigeria should fly soldiers from here to Egypt, then transport them by road to Sudan?

E be like say you want make RSF open fire on innocent civilians.

Or you are not aware that there is serious fighting there?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
Ibime:

For what? People from Newcastle drive to Manchester to use Airport

The whole of South East France, South West Germany and North West Switzerland use the same airport which they jointly funded

Governor just dey find way to embezzle money and leave monumental cost on future generations, after you will blame the West. How many people from Ebonyi dey fly plane on a normal day to justify airport?
he has built it, should he go on and demolish it undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Guy.. I'm sorry I don't trust FG.
There is nothing these guys do not use to steal money and this recent event further strengthens my stance.

The actual money paid could be so low that the drivers heard 1.2m and probably flipped.
The cost isn't the issue, the drivers would most likely want to be paid in USD, say $10,000 per bus for 40 buses, then there's other logistics to settle too, like moving the evacuators there and all...if person sueeze comot that 1.2m e fit no pass 300K
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
larride:
I am here to enjoy violence not to partake in it in any form nor shall I let peace take hold.

All must burn.
May otem cage any peacemaker
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

Na it concerns the driver very well.
If you tell me you'll pay me 300k after plenty negotiation and then you announce you are paying me 1m..best believe I'm renegotiating on the spot my guy

It seems you are new to trading

Your price is your price oh. If you like here 1 billion per passenger, na wetin you talk be your own
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:
The cost isn't the issue, the drivers would most likely want to be paid in USD, say $10,000 per bus for 40 buses, then there's other logistics to settle too, like moving the evacuators there and all...if person sueeze comot that 1.2m e fit no pass 300K

Omo. E hard... E hard gan to believe government 🤣🤣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

So Nigeria should fly soldiers from here to Egypt, then transport them by road to Sudan?

E be like say you want make RSF open fire on innocent civilians.

Or you are not aware that there is serious fighting there?
American military is always involved in evacuation efforts and if it requires the military to dress as civilians, they can do that...evacuation of citizens from a country in war isn't a job for civilians but for the military.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 2:17pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

I understand, and i can't imagine myself there

The Khartoum airport that was damaged made it worse.

If they allowed planes to land there, it would have been easier

That airport sef is a potential trap. If they allow planes from several countries to go there to pick people up the chances of a plane being shot down out of the sky is huge, and nobody will accept responsibility. The fog of war leads to incredibly chaotic situations.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

It seems you are new to trading

Your price is your price oh. If you like here 1 billion per passenger, na wetin you talk be your own

I am not.
It's all about leverage in trading.
How important is it to you? What are the stakes?
Information can be costly especially when released in the wrong time
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:

You funny, my guy

$10,000 for 52 passengers? A journey of up to 2000km by road, in a war torn country?

You really dey funny grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2023
Wooh make our citizens return back safe and sound
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

You funny, my guy

$10,000 for 52 passengers? A journey of up to 2000km by road, in a war torn country?

For warzone, E no sure say dem no go pay rebels to allow them ease of passage sef. It only takes 5 rebel warriors armed with arms to blow one of those buses. In addition to you will still get armed support for them

Also in these times no be every bus fit go enter warzone, A place wey normally na 100 buses per day maybe now na 20 per day. Imagine the rate the 20 go don increase price

The bus operators fit quote you $10K per person because na dsperate times

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:
American military is always involved in evacuation efforts and if it requires the military to dress as civilians, they can do that...evacuation of citizens from a country in war isn't a job for civilians but for the military.

USA lifted their citizens before Khartoum collapsed

How can you transport soldiers by road in this situation?

Any checkpoint they see our military would be instant fire.

Ahn Ahn
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Olowunl01: 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

If you have travelled to the North, one of the ways Immigration officers question any suspected foreigner is to ask of his state of origin, and his local government.

Now there are over 6,000 people that a few officials neet to verify...How do you think 100 people will verify 6,000 without mistakes and being overwhelmed?

Everything is not about criticising

Or did you hear that they left Anambra and carried only Kano?
I think the point being made is evacuation or boarding by state of Origin is wrong? It should be a case of priority e.g. Children, Elderly, People with Health Conditions , Females... You board after verification or Identification had been done...

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

I am not.
It's all about leverage in trading.
How important is it to you? What are the stakes?
Information can be costly especially when released in the wrong time

You really are new. I don't mean this in an insulting way

When you are involved, you'll know that your price is your price
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

USA lifted their citizens before Khartoum collapsed

How can you transport soldiers by road in this situation?

Any checkpoint they see our military would be instant fire.

Ahn Ahn
Like I said already, the military can disguise as civilians...evacuation of citizens from countries in war is not a job for civilians, however we want to get military personnel in there to conduct the evacuation, that's the way to go, and the ideal way to go.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
raumdeuter:

For warzone, E no sure say dem no go pay rebels to allow them ease of passage sef. It only takes 5 rebel warriors armed with arms to blow one of those buses. In addition to you will still get armed support for them

Also in these times no be every bus fit go enter warzone, A place wey normally na 100 buses per day maybe now na 20 per day. Imagine the rate the 20 go don increase price

The bus operators fit quote you $10K per person because na dsperate times

I surprise say people dey complain

I know say corruption follow, but the price to find a bus would be overly high

If a seat was 5k, they can charge 75k and you have no option.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
seankafor:
he has built it, should he go on and demolish it undecided

Airport is a private venture that is supposed to make money for the owners. Government has no business with it

A Nigerian man is chairman of the company that owns 5 UK airports. Any Governor you see building airport in Nigeria is just looking for the fastest way to embezzle funds

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adebayo_Ogunlesi

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2023
Theflint1:
Like I said already, the military can disguise as civilians...evacuation of citizens from countries in war is not a job for civilians, however we want to get military personnel in there to conduct the evacuation, that's the way to go, and the ideal way to go.

E be like say you wan go provoke the rebels

Theflint1, you think the rebels are not thinking that they might use the opportunity to bring in military men and supplies to fight against them?

This is real war not movie wey dem go smuggle soldiers dressed as civilians to puncture the war from inside

This case na to beg and negotiate at the terms favourable to the rebels otherwise you will just see those Americans killed and dragged all over the streets like it happened in Somalia

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
izzou:

You funny, my guy

$10,000 is just an assumption, but whether in war or peace time, $10,000 would get people moving and moving fast wink
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2023
BlueRayDick does this help?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2023
raumdeuter:

E be like say you wan go provoke the rebels

Theflint1, you think the rebels are not thinking that they might use the opportunity to bring in military men and supplies to fight against them?

This is real war not movie wey dem go smuggle soldiers dressed as civilians to puncture the war from inside

This case na to beg and negotiate at the terms favourable to the rebels otherwise you will just see those Americans killed and dragged all over the streets like it happened in Somalia

Leave am grin

E think say na 24, or Designated Survivor be this.

Just wearing a military uniform sef puts your life at risk

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2445) (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) ... (4925) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.