Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,308 members, 7,887,904 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:10 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1652013 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) ... (4975) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 1:24am On Jan 16
Milestone for musk if beast brings his contents to x

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A40(m): 1:49am On Jan 16
Roland17:
@A40!!!!!! Are you watching the greatest team!!!!!
You see your life. You allowed Fraudgers hold you hostage all this time. When you could have pulled the plug and been in your second year of contention
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 2:09am On Jan 16
A40:
You see your life. You allowed Fraudgers hold you hostage all this time. When you could have pulled the plug and been in your second year of contention

Watch your mouth before you commit blasphemy against the GOAT! It is Love’s era and boy does he look good. I love his calmness inside the pocket.

Journeyman Mayfield just led the Bucs to a division title..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:27am On Jan 16
Roland17:

Nobody is touching Buhari anywhere in Nigeria, especially in the North. Whether na bandits, kidnappers or Boko Haram, they are not going anywhere near Buhari. He has been in his hometown since the end of tenure.

Buhari as ex president does not move alone, As president, his convoy was once attacked in the same Katsina, It will be almost impossible to find Buhari alone without security. If Buhari didn't have the entire massive convoy on that day and it was just 2-3 cars what do you think you have happened
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/6/nigeria-confirms-attack-by-gunmen-on-presidential-convoy

but the circle of elites who don't have the extensive state security apparatus guiding them day and night are all fair game

These guys who were kidnapped in Abuja are part of the Northern elites

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 3:00am On Jan 16
raumdeuter:

Buhari as ex president does not move alone, As president, his convoy was once attacked in the same Katsina, It will be almost impossible to find Buhari alone without security. If Buhari didn't have the entire massive convoy on that day and it was just 2-3 cars what do you think you have happened
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/7/6/nigeria-confirms-attack-by-gunmen-on-presidential-convoy

but the circle of elites who don't have the extensive state security apparatus guiding them day and night are all fair game

Not disputing your position but Buhari wasn’t in that convoy, Infact he was still in Abuja. The convoy that was attacked went ahead of him to prepare for his coming the following day I think.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 3:29am On Jan 16
Theflint1:
Nigerian kidnappers no get the kin patience or motivation to dey stalk Nairaland sports section take find victims. Most Naija kidnappings na in-house matter, highway kidnap or good old stalking/bombing middle-class/upper middle-class areas like was done in Abuja. That said, I agree with the idea behind what you're saying, it's good to maintain a reasonable amount of safety online and it's not just because of fear of kidnap.

Is there something you want to tell us?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:06am On Jan 16
izzou:

Commercial banks have security men (civilians and policemen), which I am sure are not earning 100k a month

Yet, they do not harass you for bribes. We hardly hear of heists or bank robberies.

The reason is because they have an unpolluted structure in that workplace. Nobody is putting pressures on them to bring returns. They are accountable to their superiors and will definitely pay the price if they misbehave

If they cannot reboot the NPF, let them share that increment for all of us.
The same police kano are recruiting ex convicts
They said they are repentant by the way
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:29am On Jan 16
iamoyindamola:

The same police kano are recruiting ex convicts
They said they are repentant by the way

Imagine increasing the salary of these ones

grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:54am On Jan 16
izzou:

Imagine increasing the salary of these ones

grin
It's not even the salary part now but of what benefits will an ex-criminal be protecting lives and properties they are so fond of stealing
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tochex101(m): 6:39am On Jan 16
You train mindless creatures like you train beasts......like dogs by setting visible examples.
Some crimes must never be tolerated.

Kidnappers caught should be shot immediately and published too.

We need very hard laws, prison sef don full.
You steal more than 10 million as a civil servant....shot!.
You hit someone via following one way....shot!

Nigerians will adjust immediately.......all these yada yada can't take us anywhere.....our wickedness has long gone past that stage.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 6:45am On Jan 16
What is the difference between kidnappers, armed robbers and wicked politicians, thieves, yahoo boys and daredevil police we have..

No difference.. because they end up killing people but this time differently..

You know how many people die indirectly because of the wickedness of our politicians? Yahoo boys nko, how many people they have sent to God because of their scams perpetrating? Police na criminals,

Like they say politicians are reflection of the people.. kidnappers and thieves are also reflections of the people as a country..

Why people are shouting of kidnappers because they kill directly and inflict pains directly

How about the indirect pains inflicted by other departments and unscrupulous elements in the country?
Like that guy said up there, Nigerians are generally wicked and hard hardened set of people.. some do with their pen, 🖊️ some with their keyboard ⌨️, whole some do with thr gun 🔫.. it's the difference approach and scenarios but same result of inflicting pain in one another..

I always subscribe to nihilist approach that the country is irredeemable.. it seems us Middle class are living in the country on survival mode.. not necessarily monetary survival but life survival too because your chances of meeting your jah is in 80% probability..

One can't even sleep on the night without been dog 🐕 vigilant and woke all night..

It's the situation we created for ourselves and it's going to be getting much worse so far as these breeds of species are still occupying the country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:09am On Jan 16
Theflint1:
Nigerian kidnappers no get the kin patience or motivation to dey stalk Nairaland sports section take find victims. Most Naija kidnappings na in-house matter, highway kidnap or good old stalking/bombing middle-class/upper middle-class areas like was done in Abuja. That said, I agree with the idea behind what you're saying, it's good to maintain a reasonable amount of safety online and it's not just because of fear of kidnap.

Exactly. Wetin concern kidnapper and stalking person nairaland account ? Why waste so much time and resources on such surveillance when they can just shoot their way into a highbrow or middle class estate, kidnap their victims, call their loved one's to arrange for ransom and they smile to the bank?

Bandits/Kidnappers/terrorists have attacked schools, private residences, religious centers and even military barracks without stalking anybody online to carry out their operations successfully.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:39am On Jan 16
BlueRayDick:

Exactly. Wetin concern kidnapper and stalking person nairaland account ? Why waste so much time and resources on such surveillance when they can just shoot their way into a highbrow or middle class estate, kidnap their victims, call their loved one's to arrange for ransom and they smile to the bank?

Bandits/Kidnappers/terrorists have attacked schools, private residences, religious centers and even military barracks without stalking anybody online to carry out their operations successfully.

I think there are multiple cadres of kidnappers. A few years ago, on the construction threads, strangers would reach out to artisans, invite them to remote locations to inspect sites. It was a setup and the artisans would be held and their accounts evacuated. There are also some people who were way too open. Like ja--s. One time I actually sent him a message telling him to delete a post he made.

There are also opportunistic kidnappers. One time I was waiting for an Uber. This was 9pm. Next thing a corolla hurriedly parked by me and the driver and someone in the car were telling me hurry hurry get in. i just looked at them. If I could have thrown a stone at them I would have. Bastards.

They apparently also run the same game in traffic jams in lekki axis. Find a car with a lone woman, form task force and initiate a kidnap. Though as a Nigerian matter, they may as well be a task force. No difference really.

The summary for me as I said before is that kidnapping is a low risk high reward crime in Nigeria. I doubt that up to 10% of crimes are solved. And there is no public punishment as a deterrent
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:41am On Jan 16
Lagosians dey try sha.

https://twitter.
com/yabaleftonline/status/1747125985202339903?t=SNgOEM9dp8K6hzwv-64Pig&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:45am On Jan 16
raumdeuter:

From the pics I've seen of the families, they don't look elite sha, just your regular middle-class folks, I think some of them are southerners even, Yoruba's to be precise.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 8:48am On Jan 16
DissTroy:

Is there something you want to tell us?
grin grin grin
I think you said it already
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:53am On Jan 16
Theflint1:
grin grin grin
I think you said it already

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:11am On Jan 16
Meanwhile, naira keeps sliding down and hitting new lows.

Hopefully, CBN can help perform the magic they once did on binance.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:14am On Jan 16
Can't Nigeria use technology to fight crime?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 10:05am On Jan 16
GrammarNazi1:
Can't Nigeria use technology to fight crime?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No vex say I laugh but this your question funny abeg..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:09am On Jan 16
Theflint1:
grin grin grin I think you said it already
Crazy guy smartly sidestepped it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:11am On Jan 16
CrystalTiger:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

No vex say I laugh but this your question funny abeg..
Make i join you abeg grin grin
With which network majority of our ISP don't have 5g yet and they are already testing 6g in other countries
No stable electricity, if they want to curb these crimes start with cctv using solar and monthly maintenance
But 80% of the cctv will be destroy by hoodlums
How many of us have biometric registered or do our government have our records
E go hard to fight crime with technolgy here
Too many loopholes that will take forever to block

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:11am On Jan 16
At the risk of veering away from a topical sociopolitical issue, Football's very own god, Leo Messi, won Fifa The Best last night. And we are all not going to act like greatness wasn't on display again. The sweet spot being he was also voted by:
- Real Madrid's Valverde and Modric, his archrivals in club football, and;
- Mbappe and Portugal's coach, his rivals in international football.

You know who has a closer link with these people? The other guy. Yet they voted Messi as the Best. Not like it needed proving.
You know why? Of course, you know why. It's the same reason the Earth stopped revolving for hours last night, why asteroids in outer space were frozen in motion, the universe stopped expanding for a few hours...

Last night, the universe kept vigil. I did too for most parts. And for the hours it lasted, a god descended from his throne to walk amongst mere mortals; humbling himself to revel in their praises and accept their awards.

Last night, Lionel Messi rekindled humanity's belief in the divine, again. All hail the King!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Trevor012(m): 10:14am On Jan 16
Imagine writing all these epistles because of an of award won fraudulently 😂😂

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 10:16am On Jan 16
This one na ekun iyawo grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:18am On Jan 16
Trevor012:

Be like na you this award pain pass. You've been wailing non stop since yesterday grin

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Trevor012(m): 10:23am On Jan 16
Itsrm:

Be like na you this award pain pass. You've been wailing non stop since yesterday grin
I am seeing someone dropping epistles and homage because of an award won fraudulently. It's just amusing me 😂.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:32am On Jan 16
Trevor012:

I am seeing someone dropping epistles and homage because of an award won fraudulently. It's just amusing me 😂.

Did he stop you from writing yours for Ronaldo? cheesy

For what Messi has done for football, even if they retire the award in his name, it won't be enough.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:36am On Jan 16
DissTroy:
At the risk of veering away from a topical sociopolitical issue, Football's very own god, Leo Messi, won Fifa The Best last night. And we are all not going to act like greatness wasn't on display again. The sweet spot being he was also voted by:
- Real Madrid's Valverde and Modric, his archrivals in club football, and;
- Mbappe and Portugal's coach, his rivals in international football.

You know who has a closer link with these people? The other guy. Yet they voted Messi as the Best. Not like it needed proving.
You know why? Of course, you know why. It's the same reason the Earth stopped revolving for hours last night, why asteroids in outer space were frozen in motion, the universe stopped expanding for a few hours...

Last night, the universe kept vigil. I did too for most parts. And for the hours it lasted, a god descended from his throne to walk amongst mere mortals; humbling himself to revel in their praises and accept their awards.

Last night, Lionel Messi rekindled humanity's belief in the divine, again. All hail the King!

Messi is the god of football who came to this earth to bless we mortals with his majestic presence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Trevor012(m): 10:37am On Jan 16
Itsrm:

For what Messi has done for football, even if they retire the award in his name, it won't be enough.
We don't write epistles after winning a fraudulent award 🙊.

You are basically admitting to fraud. These are the people that will be criticizing politicians tomorrow when even football bias won't let them call a spade a spade. Like you said previously, Nigeria politicians are reflections of Nigerians. You have shown us a perfect example.

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 10:44am On Jan 16
Trevor012:

I was awake for most parts of last night binge-watching videos and soaking in the disciples of the other guy's tears on Twitter.

Copa America would be here by June, and from all indications, LM10's team are the favourites. And a trophy here and there with Inter Miami.

We go for the 9th Balon d'Or. Just because we can.

Bow to His Royal Magnificence!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Taguchi: 10:47am On Jan 16
Itsrm:

Lol
The guy believe Ororo the way you take believe wike grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) (4049) ... (4975) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: larride(m), YoungB1a(m), CrystalTiger(m), Theflint1(m), Jarus(m), OasisX, BlueRayDick, raumdeuter, GloriousGbola, monerozi5590 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.