Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,314 members, 7,887,959 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:55 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1652132 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) ... (4976) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:41pm On Jan 15
izzou:
How much you wan pay Police wey e no go collect bribe?

The night i spent in the police station, the total bribes i saw them collect that night was more than 300k.

If they can scoop 300k in one night, how much will you pay him to stop collecting bribes?

Instead of adding 1 naira to their salary, scrap the entire system and recruit fresh graduates for it.

The whole system is contaminated. It has nothing to do with their salary

......valid.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15
Lekki house prices set to rise further with all these Abuja kidnappings

Lagos remains the safe haven of Nigeria
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:43pm On Jan 15
izzou:

Na this kind paper dem dey take type 3 billion naira request? grin

grin

..........LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:46pm On Jan 15
OasisX:

......valid.

Commercial banks have security men (civilians and policemen), which I am sure are not earning 100k a month

Yet, they do not harass you for bribes. We hardly hear of heists or bank robberies.

The reason is because they have an unpolluted structure in that workplace. Nobody is putting pressures on them to bring returns. They are accountable to their superiors and will definitely pay the price if they misbehave

If they cannot reboot the NPF, let them share that increment for all of us.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:46pm On Jan 15
izzou:

Lmao.. Okay.. When we get a better paper, I go show you😁

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:46pm On Jan 15
Ibime:

No that has already happened. From 2010 there was a mass exodus of wealthy northerners to lagos at the height of the boko harams powers.

And of course they are trying to import the 'values' they are running away from to liberal lagos.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 9:47pm On Jan 15
raumdeuter:

It's obvious the security agencies are overwhelmed and cannot match the numbers of incidents happening

Shey person go just dey wait hoping say the evil guys skip your house

Crowded city dem dey attack, sparse villages dey dey attack, highway dem dey attack, schools place of worship

All those guys kidnapped in Abuja are middle to upper class some with connections to govt
Security agencies are overwhelmed or compromised?

Those criminals are overwhelmed?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:47pm On Jan 15
Ibime:

The brutality that they have added to the kidnapping is what is worrisome

Paying the ransom guarantees nothing anymore

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15
GloriousGbola:

No that has already happened. From 2010 there was a mass exodus of wealthy northerners to lagos at the height of the boko harams powers.

And of course they are trying to import the 'values' they are running away from to liberal lagos.

E go still rise further. Trend is your friend. Respect the pump.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15
liveLongNprospa:

Lmao.. Okay.. When we get a better paper, I go show you😁

I am not saying you're wrong oh.

I am just laughing at how the document looks
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15
People (including me) cussed Jonathan for not doing anything for Bayelsa, while he was president

But wetin Katsina people dey enjoy gan gan as Buhari finish 8 years?

Bandits wan finish that state.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:54pm On Jan 15
izzou:

See the scanty lines wey dem write sef.

For 3 billion naira?

I expected a spiral binded, 40 page document, explaining what they want the money for.

The disrespect on that amount is too much grin

With this document I can forge gbajas signature. lipsrsealed
They did not even use a seal to complement the signature

This is extremely casual.

Gbaja suppose collect stray bullet join.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:56pm On Jan 15
izzou:
People (including me) cussed Jonathan for not doing anything for Bayelsa, while he was president

Leave them ooo. They love Buhari pass than monerozi5590.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:04pm On Jan 15
izzou:

Commercial banks have security men (civilians and policemen), which I am sure are not earning 100k a month

Yet, they do not harass you for bribes. We hardly hear of heists or bank robberies.

The reason is because they have an unpolluted structure in that workplace. Nobody is putting pressures on them to bring returns. They are accountable to their superiors and will definitely pay the price if they misbehave

Lolz …. grin

Commercial banks have an insurance policy in place for their security personnel called Group Personal Accident( GPA ) . The insurance policy covers the policemen and provide compensation for them in the case of Permanent Disability , Temporary total Disability , medical expenses and death as a result of work related injury/accident .

If for example a policeman in a bank’s bullion van convoy dies in an accident or bank robbery ; his families will be paid certain sum ( which is usually in millions ) to the tune the bank insured him . If he suffers permanent or temporary disability , he will also be compensated in monetary terms by the insurer .

These are part of their motivation. This is why some policemen actually prefer to be seconded to banks asides the stipends banks arrange for them.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:07pm On Jan 15
izzou:

I am not saying you're wrong oh.

I am just laughing at how the document looks

grin

.......check the attached image and do some comparison.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:10pm On Jan 15
izzou:

.....left to me, I want NPF scrapped long time ago. Sack them all from IGP to last Officer. Let NSCDC take charge till a new police force, well trained and well disciplined Officers are ready to be deployed.

The system is corrupt already and nothing gonna fixed it except "nuke" [not literally meaning].
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 10:24pm On Jan 15
izzou:
How much you wan pay Police wey e no go collect bribe?

The night i spent in the police station, the total bribes i saw them collect that night was more than 300k.

If they can scoop 300k in one night, how much will you pay him to stop collecting bribes?

Instead of adding 1 naira to their salary, scrap the entire system and recruit fresh graduates for it.

The whole system is contaminated. It has nothing to do with their salary
Those fresh graduate to be employed will still be Nigerians. The problem is not really the system but the people, Nigerians are generally very wicked/heartless people. Give an average Nigerian a uniform and gun, and see him become a demon terrorising his fellow Nigerians. See kidnappers killing children to send a message to already grieving parents, we are just terrible people. Nigerians need a change of attitude, we will never achieve anything unless the populace have a massive change of mindset and threat our fellow citizens with love and respect like the whites do to themselves....

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:25pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

Lolz …. grin

Commercial banks have an insurance policy in place for their security personnel called Group Personal Accident( GPA ) . The insurance policy covers the policemen and provide compensation for them in the case of Permanent Disability , Temporary total Disability , medical expenses and death as a result of work related injury/accident .

If for example a policeman in a bank’s bullion van convoy dies in an accident or bank robbery ; his families will be paid certain sum ( which is usually in millions ) to the tune the bank insured him . If he suffers permanent or temporary disability , he will also be compensated in monetary terms by the insurer .

These are part of their motivation. This is why some policemen actually prefer to be seconded to banks asides the stipends banks arrange for them.

So the civilian security that is sitting at the door nko?

Why is he not collecting 200 naira from us before we enter?

Abi him dey collect 200k per month, or him dey buy rice from a cheaper seller?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:27pm On Jan 15
TrebleChamp:
Those fresh graduate to be employed will still be Nigerians. The problem is not really the system but the people, Nigerians are generally very wicked/heartless people. Give an average Nigerian a uniform and gun, and see him become a demon terrorising his fellow Nigerians. See kidnappers killing children to send a message to already grieving parents, we are just terrible people. Nigerians as a people need a change of attitude, we will never achieve anything unless the populace have a massive changed mindset and threat our fellow citizens with love and respect like the whites do to themselves....

Another headache
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 10:30pm On Jan 15
Ngannou to collect $20m for Joshua

Dana White in sifia pains
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:33pm On Jan 15
izzou:

So the civilian security that is sitting at the door nko?

Why is he not collecting 200 naira from us before we enter?

Abi him dey collect 200k per month, or him dey buy rice from a cheaper seller?

I don’t follow .

U said Policemen stationed in banks don’t misbehave like others and I only pointed it out to u that they are actually well motivated. That’s why u see them caught in cross fire when robberies happen . They are motivated to give their best unlike those who get paid paltry salaries and will pull off their uniform once they hear robbery is happening in a neighborhood .

I’m actually not arguing anything with u.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 10:40pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

I don’t follow .

U said Policemen stationed in banks don’t misbehave like others and I only pointed it out to u that they are actually well motivated. That’s why u see them caught in cross fire when robberies happen . They are motivated to give their best unlike those who get paid paltry salaries and will pull off their uniform once they hear robbery is happening in a neighborhood .

I’m actually not arguing anything with u.

The bank will not fail to report any police officer that is found wanting

The CSO of the bank did not tell anyone to bring returns for him. You either do your job or leave.

The same cannot be said for his colleagues in the Police station. He has to remit to DPO. Everybody collects bribes. Everybody has one crime that they need to cover. Kyari cannot be running his cartel without the help of other ASPs, DPOs and others.

If we pay Police 1 million naira a week, it only makes them more richer.

It is just like saying we should increase ransoms so Kidnappers won't kill the victim.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:47pm On Jan 15
izzou:

It was before that i actually felt they needed a raise.

Now, i know better that these guys are far gone into corruption to even give them any benefit.

How much raise is reasonable in a country like Nigeria
Police probably make more than their colleagues in other services

How much can you pay someone that makes 300k in bribes overnight
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:49pm On Jan 15
Emaprince:
Security agencies are overwhelmed or compromised?

Those criminals are overwhelmed?

Overwhelmed. We have far less security agencies for our population and the wahala wey det this country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 11:51pm On Jan 15
izzou:

E get one time wey I talk say if Buhari retire e no sure say dem no go kidnap am for Katsina

That's why I don't believe that insecurity is intentional by the ruling class

This thing pass their own power too.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:16am On Jan 16
DissTroy:
About the insecurity and kidnappings; I'd state the obvious some of us are already thinking:

Some of the kidnappers are with us here on Nairaland. Probably even interact with us frequently on this thread.

When some of us post, we give out specifics. Specific locations, our daily routines and itineraries, specific information which give an insight into what access we have... You get where I am heading with this.

I know, I know; uncomfortable point to note, but someone has to state it if it isn't obvious enough.

You aren't anonymous enough for someone motivated enough to unmask you completely. And the devious greed which fuels kidnapping and the proceeds seem to be motivation enough for its perpetrators.
Nigerian kidnappers no get the kin patience or motivation to dey stalk Nairaland sports section take find victims. Most Naija kidnappings na in-house matter, highway kidnap or good old stalking/bombing middle-class/upper middle-class areas like was done in Abuja. That said, I agree with the idea behind what you're saying, it's good to maintain a reasonable amount of safety online and it's not just because of fear of kidnap.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:23am On Jan 16
raumdeuter:

E get one time wey I talk say if Buhari retire e no sure say dem no go kidnap am for Katsina

It is a by-product of their misrule sha.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 12:25am On Jan 16
Ibime:

Very sifia.

Ngannou should just secure the bag. Next thing now is for him to avoid the daughters of Eve that will want to come and chop where dey have not worked. He wasn't on their radar before but now levels don change. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 1:04am On Jan 16
izzou:

Now, can you imagine the billions that have been stolen that me and you have 0 idea of. Infact, that we will never know about? It is so easy to steal in Nigerian government because we don’t have strong systems.

The other year, INEC accepted a copy of an academic result that I doubt anyone can make out the name or grade. I think it was that of Adeleke.

If we ever dig into all the contracts that have been awarded in ministries since the inception of democracy, serious wahala go dey! But again, knowing Nigerians, nothing will change.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 1:07am On Jan 16
Ibime:

Dana White just left the group chat!

I am so happy for Ngannou, this sort of payday is the reason he left the UFC. He is still in top shape and has the hunger. Dana White is as greedy as they come.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 1:08am On Jan 16
raumdeuter:

It is a mess of their own making. They created an almajiri under class who were supposed to be content with poverty. The almajiri underclass were allowed/encouraged to be bloodthirsty wreaking violence on infidels.

Once the almajiri embraced Islamic terrorism, they became casual about murder, theft, rape and looting. So they had no issues transitioning to banditry - as they are effectively doing the same thing they do as terrorists.

As far as I am concerned bandits and terrorists are the same.

So now there is an unlimited army of thugs with no scruples or conscience or common sense. Even if they arrest 100,000 bandits today, there are 100,000 more ready to take their place.

It is the legacy the northern elite with their promotion /celebration of poverty and unchecked birth rates have imposed on themselves. It is unfortunate the rest of us are now getting caught in the cross fire.

It is also instructive that they are still unwilling to face reality and change course.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 1:13am On Jan 16
raumdeuter:

Nobody is touching Buhari anywhere in Nigeria, especially in the North. Whether na bandits, kidnappers or Boko Haram, they are not going anywhere near Buhari. He has been in his hometown since the end of tenure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) (4048) ... (4976) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m), fatherofnone(m), GloriousGbola, Khaytunechi, Amigoss, larride(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.