Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,931 members, 7,872,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:21 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1600869 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4041) (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) ... (4890) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:08pm On Jan 15
These kidnappers sef dey confuse me

You are asking for ransom of 700m

If i was worth that, will you easily have kidnapped me?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:12pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:
My greatest fear in all of these is that criminals in other states will start getting ideas.

This new trend of breaking into people's houses to kidnap them will soon spread to other states.

Perilous times are ahead of us

in 2017, 6 students were kidnapped in lagos. in Epe

ambode was governor, and to his credit. LASG went all out and the children were recovered

and there was no attempt to kidnap students again after this. because a very clear message was sent.

it is a matter of will and of showing there will be consequences. it is also possible that the victims know who the kidnappers are - which is why they are killing them so wantonly
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:14pm On Jan 15
izzou:

it is because of this idiot

https://gazettengr.com/my-friend-donated-n50-million-out-of-n60-million-ransom-demanded-by-najeebahs-kidnappers-pantami/

when you run your mouth like this and greedy nigerian are involved, you are inviting the kind of greed we just saw with betta edu

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:14pm On Jan 15
izzou:

It's pure wickedness
Asking impossible money just to waste innocent lives
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:16pm On Jan 15
raumdeuter:

It's obvious the security agencies are overwhelmed and cannot match the numbers of incidents happening

Shey person go just dey wait hoping say the evil guys skip your house

Crowded city dem dey attack, sparse villages dey dey attack, highway dem dey attack, schools place of worship

All those guys kidnapped in Abuja are middle to upper class some with connections to govt

Apart from them being overwhelmed, there's no motivation. If the government can come up with a law that gives $30,000 to family members of any law enforcement agent or military officer killed while in active service, people will be willing to lay their lives on the line.

Their remuneration must also be reviewed. Imagine soldiers earning 60k in Nigeria of today. What's stopping them from turning into informants of bandits and earning their annual salary in one day.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:17pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:
My greatest fear in all of these is that criminals in other states will start getting ideas.

This new trend of breaking into people's houses to kidnap them will soon spread to other states.

Perilous times are ahead of us
When they almost kidnap el rufai he also sent a strong message
I read a story that the military knows where these kidnappers hideout are but because of hostages they can't bomb the place and they can't go on land either because of land mines and ieds
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:26pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:

Apart from them being overwhelmed, there's no motivation. If the government can come up with a law that gives $30,000 to family members of any law enforcement agent or military officer killed while in active service, people will be willing to lay their lives on the line.

Their renumeration must also be reviewed. Imagine soldiers earning 60k in Nigeria of today. What's stopping them from turning into informants of bandits and earning their annual salary in one day.

Poverty has nothing to do with this. Was abba kyari underpaid? He was seizing assets of different people left and right, living above his means without being queried, on track to becoming a future ig but it was not enough for him.

Abba kyaris story is what should make all of us afraid. Because if he could be providing support to hushpuppi, his compatriots are almost certainly providing support to kidnappers

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:28pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:

Their renumeration must also be reviewed. Imagine soldiers earning 60k in Nigeria of today. What's stopping them from turning into informants of bandits and earning their annual salary in one day.

All these money wey you dey call like this how much is the budget of most states sef.

60k is the salary of soldiers is it not commensurate with the salary of other govt agencies? Probably slightly higher. That 60k sef many people will still volunteer and have to bribe to get those jobs

Remember the commotion during one Abba Moro recruitment exercise where applicants were stampeded to death

We have so many Flashpoint that need security agencies. Realistically we need 3 times the number of security agencies we have currently to effectively secure the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:33pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:

We are not ready in this country yet .

During ENDSARS when the youth came out to protest against police brutality , the youth while protesting against police brutality were reasonable enough to acknowledge the fact thaz police remuneration is too poor and it is one of the major factors why they resort to extorting citizens ( both young and old )

The youth decided to add review of police remuneration to their demands . Buhari’s government just paid lip service to the to agreeing police remuneration will be reviewed claiming it will take time to enagage all stakeholders involved .

The youth insisted that things be done about it urgently but t he police themselves , the government and some misguided citizens politicized everything and were more interested in getting youth off the street whom they believe were “constituting nuisance “ on the streets .

Till date nobody has come out to tell us “ see oh , police constable was earning 40k before o, now we have reviewed it to 80k as promised during the ENDSARS protest “. Yet we all know the police are underpaid and not motivated enough to put their lives on the line .

This country ehn, we will continue to reap fruits of some badly made decisions and our penchant for quick fix .

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:37pm On Jan 15
GloriousGbola:

Poverty has nothing to do with this. Was abba kyari underpaid? He was seizing assets of different people left and right, living above his means without being queried, on track to becoming a future ig but it was not enough for him.

Abba kyaris story is what should make all of us afraid. Because if he could be providing support to hushpuppi, his compatriots are almost certainly providing support to kidnappers

No, I disagree. Poverty has a lot to do with it actually. When people are hungry and frustrated with no where to turn to, they will do whatever they can to make money and dare the consequences.

Abba Kyari only tells us that people can have money and still engage in crime. Doesn't mean people don't turn to crime when they have no money.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by folake4u(f): 8:37pm On Jan 15
izzou:
Make una help me thank God say I never die

Na today dem born me.

cool

Happy birthday, Izu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:40pm On Jan 15
raumdeuter:

All these money wey you dey call like this how much is the budget of most states sef.

60k is the salary of soldiers is it not commensurate with the salary of other govt agencies? Probably slightly higher. That 60k sef many people will still volunteer and have to bribe to get those jobs

Remember the commotion during one Abba Moro recruitment exercise where applicants were stampeded to death

We have so many Flashpoint that need security agencies. Realistically we need 3 times the number of security agencies we have currently to effectively secure the country

Shey you know workers in some government agencies earn far more money than others. Someone working in CBN or NCC for instance earns a lot more than someone working in NIPOST.

They can always create a special salary scale for military officers and law enforcement agents.

We all have to stay alive first. If security crumbles, nothing else works.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by joseph1832(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:

No, I disagree. Poverty has a lot to do with it actually. When people are hungry and frustrated with no where to turn to, they will do whatever they can to make money and dare the consequences.

Abba Kyari only tells us that people can have money and still engage in crime. Doesn't mean people don't turn to crime when they have no money.
I'll say it has ot to do with greed, and less to do with poverty.

There are people who are poor, who will never take what doesn't belong to them, no matter what.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:47pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

We are not ready in this country yet .

During ENDSARS when the youth came out to protest against police brutality , the youth while protesting against police brutality were reasonable enough to acknowledge the fact thaz police remuneration is too poor and it is one of the major factors why they resort to extorting citizens ( both young and old )

The youth decided to add review of police remuneration to their demands . Buhari’s government just paid lip service to the to agreeing police remuneration will be reviewed claiming it will take time to enagage all stakeholders involved .

The youth insisted that things be done about it urgently but t he police themselves , the government and some misguided citizens politicized everything and were more interested in getting youth off the street whom they believe were “constituting nuisance “ on the streets .

Till date nobody has come out to tell us “ see oh , police constable was earning 40k before o, now we have reviewed it to 80k as promised during the ENDSARS protest “. Yet we all know the police are underpaid and not motivated enough to put their lives on the line .

This country ehn, we will continue to reap fruits of some badly made decisions and our penchant for quick fix .

Talking about quick fixes.

I remember they even dismissed some police officers who threatened to go on strike if they don't increase their salaries.

You pay a man 40k and give him a gun. And when he uses the gun to threaten people and extort them, you parade and dismiss him without addressing the real reason why he did it in the first place.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:51pm On Jan 15
joseph1832:
I'll say it has ot to do with greed, and less to do with poverty.

There are people who are poor, who will never take what doesn't belong to them, no matter what.

True. And there are people who take what doesn't belong to them because they are poor. Infact, poverty is one of the main reasons these things are more concentrated in the North.

It's similar to suicide. There are people who decide to end it all when it seems like nothing else is working and there are people going through far worse who will never contemplate suicide.

People react differently to things.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:55pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:

Talking about quick fixes.

I remember they even dismissed some police officers who threatened to go on strike if they don't increase their salaries.

You pay a man 40k and give him a gun. And when he uses the gun to threaten people and extort them, you parade and dismiss him without addressing the real reason why he did it in the first place.

We always like to shy away from the root cause of a problem in this country . How do u expect an underpaid staff to not steal from the employer and customers ?

In this Lagos for example , there are policemen and soldiers who follow haulage trucks and pickups for a fee just so the drivers can drive through as many checkpoints as possible without dropping a dime or having the goods onboard inspected thoroughly . That might look like a legit hustle until u consider the possibility of such trucks smuggling firearms and contraband’s.

There are soldiers who offer protection for yahoo boys just to supplement their meagre salary .

In this Lagos if u want to drive past as many police checkpoints without having ur booth inspected u can do it with just few thousands of naira always handy to be tipped to the policemen . What if I have human head in my booth or a victim I kidnapped ? Those policemen don’t really care once I settle them.

All of these is due to poverty. The policeman buys the same loaf of bread I buy for N900 in the same marjet I buy it yet his salary is nothing to write home about . He will definitely make up for that low salary somewhere somehow

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15
How much you wan pay Police wey e no go collect bribe?

The night i spent in the police station, the total bribes i saw them collect that night was more than 300k.

If they can scoop 300k in one night, how much will you pay him to stop collecting bribes?

Instead of adding 1 naira to their salary, scrap the entire system and recruit fresh graduates for it.

The whole system is contaminated. It has nothing to do with their salary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:09pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

We always like to shy away from the root cause of a problem in this country . How do u expect an underpaid staff to not steal from the employer and customers ?

In this Lagos for example , there are policemen and soldiers who follow haulage trucks and pickups for a fee just so the drivers can drive through as many checkpoints as possible without dropping a dime or having the goods onboard inspected thoroughly . That might look like a legit hustle until u consider the possibility of such trucks smuggling firearms and contraband’s.

There are soldiers who offer protection for yahoo boys just to supplement their meagre salary .

In this Lagos if u want to drive past as many police checkpoints without having ur booth inspected u can do it with just few thousands of naira always handy to be tipped to the policemen . What if I have human head in my booth or a victim I kidnapped ? Those policemen don’t really care once I settle them.

All of these is due to poverty. The policeman buys the same loaf of bread I buy for N900 in the same marjet I buy it yet his salary is nothing to write home about . He will definitely make up for that low salary somewhere somehow

the root cause imho may not so much be poverty as it is a completely warped value system.
we were talking about betta edu today. was it poverty that made her steal?
she was literally made for life, or at least for the next 4 years. if she played her cards right who knows where she could have catapaulted herself to. but she was engaging in large scale and petty theivery all at once

what of diezani who was born with silver spoons sticking out of everywhere - father a director in shell, she also a director in shell

i am certain there are plenty of opportunities coming your way in the office to make a quick buck off some dodgy scheme where you simply hands off. do you not need the extra money? can it not also make a difference?

most of the messes i saw collegause at work get into - that is what it came back to - out of control greed. the it is never enough kind of greed. you have big salary, big kickbacks, big bonus but it is not enough. so you continue until you now create a big mess that no one can unlook.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:12pm On Jan 15
izzou:

The night i spent in the police station, the total bribes i saw them collect that night was more than 300k.

If they can scoop 300k in one night, how much will you pay him to stop collecting bribes?

Instead of adding 1 naira to their salary, scrap the entire system and recruit fresh graduates for it.

na so.

on new years eve in 2006, police went around picking up people randomly. they picked a cousin of mine. 10 year old. selling banger. we paid maybe 10k to bail her out. the station was full. some one came and made some calls and in front of us the police called their boss to say money was reduced because they had to let a victim go.

these fking animals do not even have any concept of what constitutes breaking the law. they are wired to collect money and that is it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:14pm On Jan 15
GloriousGbola:

the root cause imho may not so much be poverty as it is a completely warped value system.
we were talking about betta edu today. was it poverty that made her steal?
what of diezani who was born with silver spoons sticking out of everywhere - father a director in shell, she also a director in shell

i am certain there are plenty of opportunities coming your way in the office to make a quick buck off some dodgy scheme where you simply hands off. do you not need the extra money? can it not also make a difference?

most of the messes i saw collegause at work get into - that is what it came back to - out of control greed. the it is never enough kind of greed. you have big salary, big kickbacks, big bonus but it is not enough. so you continue until you now create a big mess that no one can unlook.

We are talking of policemen here not politicians or elites who steal out of greed .

Some policemen don’t earn up to drivers , yet they have 3-5 children on their meagre salary . How do u expect them to survive ? Yet u hand them guns to safeguard people who earn so much more than they do….. what do u expect ?

Increase their salary first , give them reaonable allowances and then let’s come back to this discussion much later .

They’ve been neglected so much that they don’t care anymore and they decided to go make that salary themselves by using the guns u placed in their hands .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15
About the insecurity and kidnappings; I'd state the obvious some of us are already thinking:

Some of the kidnappers are with us here on Nairaland. Probably even interact with us frequently on this thread.

When some of us post, we give out specifics. Specific locations, our daily routines and itineraries, specific information which give an insight into what access we have... You get where I am heading with this.

I know, I know; uncomfortable point to note, but someone has to state it if it isn't obvious enough.

You aren't anonymous enough for someone motivated enough to unmask you completely. And the devious greed which fuels kidnapping and the proceeds seem to be motivation enough for its perpetrators.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 9:16pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

We are talking of policemen here not politicians or elites who steal out of greed .

Some policemen don’t earn up to drivers , yet they have 3-5 children on their meagre salary . How do u expect them to survive ? Yet u hand them guns to safeguard people who earn so much more than they do….. what do u expect ?

Increase their salary first , give them reaonable allowances and then let’s come back to this discussion much later .

was abba kyari suffering from poverty when he became enforcer of hushpuppi? was it meagre salary that made him try to cut deals with ndlea officers?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:17pm On Jan 15
I’ve my share of dealings with policemen to know they actually envy people who have normal jobs and earn considerably well.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:21pm On Jan 15
izzou:

I've had conversations with colleagues who want to exploit certain loopholes to make money and when they look at the amount of money they stand to make, they wonder if it's worth losing their job if they get caught.

Imagine if they are paid 40k a month. They won't even think twice. If they get caught, so be it.

Look at how they parade and dismiss them over and over again. The remaining officers return to the road and continue where the previous ones stopped. That tells me they are people who don't mind the consequences of their action. If they were well paid, they will think twice.

It won't completely stop it but it will definitely reduce it.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:21pm On Jan 15
GloriousGbola:

was abba kyari suffering from poverty when he became enforcer of hushpuppi? was it meagre salary that made him try to cut deals with ndlea officers?

Abba Kyari is a normal corrupt middle class civil servant . Abba Kyari is not in the ranks of recruits we can call poor policemen .

He was commissioned as ASP. It’s just like u asking if the army major general that was court martialled for diverting operation funds that year when his orderlies absconded with the money he diverted ; if he was poor to have stolen money. We know high ranking personnel always embezzle funds in Nigeria .

We are talking of regular policemen and soldiers whose barracks look like pig pens .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:24pm On Jan 15
GloriousGbola:

na so.

on new years eve in 2006, police went around picking up people randomly. they picked a cousin of mine. 10 year old. selling banger. we paid maybe 10k to bail her out. the station was full. some one came and made some calls and in front of us the police called their boss to say money was reduced because they had to let a victim go.

these fking animals do not even have any concept of what constitutes breaking the law. they are wired to collect money and that is it.

It was before that i actually felt they needed a raise.

Now, i know better that these guys are far gone into corruption to even give them any benefit.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:27pm On Jan 15
Itsrm:

I've had conversations with colleagues who want to exploit certain loopholes to make money and when they look at the amount of money they stand to make, they wonder if it's worth losing their job if they get caught.

Imagine if they are paid 40k a month. They won't even think twice. If they get caught, so be it.

Look at how they parade and dismiss them over and over again. The remaining officers return to the road and continue where the previous ones stopped. That tells me they are people who don't mind the consequences of their action. If they were well paid, they will think twice.

It won't completely stop it but it will definitely reduce it.

Reduce it to what level?

Someone is making 50k a day; 5 days a week, but he earns 40k a month

How much will you pay him, so he can reduce his bribe taking to 30k a day, at least?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:30pm On Jan 15
Lmaooo.. God is good 😌

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ballzproblem2: 9:32pm On Jan 15
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15
liveLongNprospa:
Lmaooo.. God is good 😌

Na this kind paper dem dey take type 3 billion naira request? grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:39pm On Jan 15
izzou:

Na this kind paper dem dey take type 3 billion naira request? grin

So far eagle and horse dey the top of the paper ; e don go be that grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 9:41pm On Jan 15
BlueRayDick:

So far eagle and horse dey the top of the paper ; e don go be that grin

See the scanty lines wey dem write sef.

For 3 billion naira?

I expected a spiral binded, 40 page document, explaining what they want the money for.

The disrespect on that amount is too much grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4041) (4042) (4043) (4044) (4045) (4046) (4047) ... (4890) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: yokiti, chidekings(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.