Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? (13453 Views)

Nigerian Military Design The Back Of An Army ( Photo ) / Boko Haram Militants Showing Off Weapons From An Army Barack Raid (VIDEO) / What a Senator Earns In Nigeria - Do Or Die Affair N 29 479 749 Per Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by ocelot2006(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2008
One more thing, the Mi-28N night hunter is already in service.
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by komekn(m): 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2008
I used the term Egbesu boys holistically in this discourse to include MEND, but it seems my optimism is misplaced, I believe great wrongs have and are being done to the Niger Delta people. Therefore I agreed with the struggle not the methodology.

How sad amongst all these groups none of them by your assertion are pursuing this quest of socio- economic emancipation on the basis of ideology: truth, integrity, selflessness, righteousness, fair play and better quality of life for all.

Ocelot2006, are you saying that not even one of these groups has some ideological conscientious basis in their quest.

Nigeria is not my principal residence at the moment; I am however, hoping to change that sooner rather than later. I admit to staying no more than six weeks at any one time, my visits being at least twice a year mostly. I think I will try to go a lot more to ground level, i neva do any beta village waka for delta, that doesn’t mean I’m in VI all the time.

As per the Apache like a good thorough bred it does require some high spec. Maintenance, to keep it operational there is no cutting corners. “No manage it” but with tech assistance from the US we can train our aero technicians to become competent.
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by komekn(m): 10:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
The Mi28 is in service but its still under R&D and has not seen much action so the jury's still out on how effective it can actually be, i guess its worth taking a risk to procure before its true potential is known and it price starts to rise steeply.
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by ocelot2006(m): 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2008
As someone who hails from the Niger-Delta, i know that what's happening i.e the kidnappings etc, is a fallout of what we, especially the poor ones living in the creeks have gone through.But i lost all respect for MEND and other militant groups when they began to kidnap children just for money, terrorise innocent civilians, and most of all, kill innocent people (including a very close member of my family).

I don't also buy all that bullshit of fighting for us, `cos if you know just how much they've been given, you wouldn't be heaping so much praise on them.You only had to go to PH -that's b4 JTF came into town- to see how those piece of s%*$e spent money they had gotten on behalf of the niger-delta people - buying nice cars, and blowing the rest on hookers,and of course guns.Boy am i glad that Def HQ gave the kill order.

All the same, i really hope that the Govt (federal,state,local) do more in improving the standard of living in the Niger-delta.The oil companies should also be made to carry out their social responsibilities.But MEND and the rest?Well, they're dead meat.
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by palmwine(m): 11:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
HABA! Ok that's too much.For heaven's sake, who told you the Nigerian Police have misplaced their helicopters?What i know is that two helicopters (Mil-14s) were donated to them by the Ukrainians.Bros please don't post things you are not sure of.

The ships that dissapeared in the hands of the navy definitely soiled it's name and was felt throughout the military. That was why the top officers involved faced court-martial.

@Ocelot2006
Oh you don't seem to have heard about the Police Equipment Fund (PEF) and the 2 helicopters that were bought and commissioned by former IG, well the new IG says they were never taken to the force headquarters.
Don't contradict statements you are not sure of.
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by ocelot2006(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2008
I heard the story of the vehicles bought by the police equipment fund. What i read was that the IG gave the order to sieze all 400 vehicles as some other govt. parastatals wanted to lay their hands on them.no helicopters are missing.so please, double-check your post.
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by CIZAR(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2008
NIGERIA HAS the best army in the continent and one of the best ground forces in the world
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by bawomolo(m): 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2008
NIGERIA HAS the best army in the continent and one of the best ground forces in the world

egypt, algeria, and arguably libya have better armies. south africa would be stronger too had it not dismantled it's nuclear program

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by Ishilove: 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2023
bawomolo:

egypt, algeria, and arguably libya have better armies. south africa would be stronger too had it not dismantled it's nuclear program
Hope you have peace wherever you are, young man. Your agemates on NL these days are creating rubbish threads in bastardized English and carrying woman mata on their head.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by tsdarkside(m): 3:14am On Sep 02, 2023
nigerian army is not weak....

its igbos tryin to make them look weak....
when nigerian army use full force on them,they will cry anyways....
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by tsdarkside(m): 3:17am On Sep 02, 2023
k0be:
what is hmm? what if somalia tomorrow decides to begin a religious war with us, are we well equipped and prepared? don't tell me nobody knows. it would be sad if we the Nigerian people have no knowledge of the depth of our national defense system.

are there any news on google about the strength of the nigerian army?

somalia is far away....

but nigerian army has the capacity to invade somalia and beat them up....
nigeria has landin ships....dont forget....
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by KingTom(m): 5:25pm On May 27
Ishilove:

Hope you have peace wherever you are, young man. Your agemates on NL these days are creating rubbish threads in bastardized English and carrying woman mata on their head.
It's a phuckin' disgrace. Rest well Chief

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by Ishilove: 6:01am On May 29
KingTom:

It's a phuckin' disgrace. Rest well Chief
He was just 19 when he passed. Can you imagine a teenager posting all that he did on this forum? When I think of teens, I think of VictorDinho or whatever of a thousand monikers. But you see Bamolowo? He was one of a kind. Too bad. He would have been 33 this year.

The West and their guns and knives. It's a darned shame
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by GloriousGbola: 7:17am On May 29
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by KingTom(m): 7:33am On May 29
Ishilove:

He was just 19 when he passed. Can you imagine a teenager posting all that he did on this forum? When I think of teens, I think of VictorDinho or whatever of a thousand monikers. But you see Bamolowo? He was one of a kind. Too bad. He would have been 33 this year.

The West and their guns and knives. It's a darned shame
I know, brilliant lives cut short by the unstable minds of western psychosis patients. You can look up the story of Daniel Anjorin, a nephew of mine who was just 14 and a schoolboy in London, when he was hacked to death by a man wielding a Samurai sword, his family remains inconsolable to this day
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by GloriousGbola: 7:36am On May 29
Re: Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? by Ishilove: 8:22am On May 29
KingTom:

I know, brilliant lives cut short by the unstable minds of western psychosis patients. You can look up the story of Daniel Anjorin, a nephew of mine who was just 14 and a schoolboy in London, when he was hacked to death by a man wielding a Samurai sword, his family remains inconsolable to this day
Oh my God. That poor child was related to you?? 😱

The animal who committed the atrocity was supposedly upset over something before going on rampage. Such a person is a candidate for jungle justice in Nigeria. My gosh. My condolences 🙏

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wow: Buharis Wife Is Breathtaking / Should Power Return To The North In 2015? / Nigerians Are Right To Expect Miracles From Buhari - PDP Chief Sunny Onuesoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.