Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa (34467 Views)

Buba Marwa: Retired Officers Behind Soldiers In Battlefield / Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / Proof That Jonathan Administration Paid For The Airports Rehabilitation (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by ZombieSlayer1: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2022
masterfactor:
Anything to stop the people from the east side of river Niger in engaging in drug trafficking is a welcome development.
we need one for the westside to prevent skull-mining
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by ZombieSlayer1: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2022
MrNice04:
Peter Obi claimed to have developed Anambra to global standard, so why is he living in Tinubu's Lagos, while the other one is a resident of Dubai ?

calling.
The thread concerns NDLEA but you still had to com here to deride Peter Obi. You guys are so scared of this man. I thought you said he's inconsequential, what's going on??
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by mukthar2000(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2022
plaindealer:

The man break your heart because he paid $20,000, less than what other countries are paying for dogs?

What if he's actually paying $100,000 like other countries are paying? Your heart go shatter patapata.
Op u can't compare how other countries run their governments with ours, though life na were u work u go chop mean work chop, but Nigerians leaders are too greed when its come to monetary aspects, are u aware then how much state of Assembly bought just a touch light per one, if u konw u no OP, and don't forget to open that ur POS KIIS for me to operate pls.
If den ask some of you to manage ordinary POS kiosk, you go fail and run am to the ground..
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by onajo2000(m): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2022
MrNice04:
Peter Obi claimed to have developed Anambra to global standard, so why is he living in Tinubu's Lagos, while the other one is a resident of Dubai ?

Peter Obi should be ashamed of himself likewise other One Nigeria Igbos who chose the easy way rather than striving sacrificially for the truth. The truth, which is Biafra and if that is too explicit for them, how about True Federalism and Restructuring of this nation. To ensure that every region can develop economically at it's own pace, maintain territorial and cultural integrity and provide adequate political representation to it's people.

Peter Obi has never acted as a representative of these issues which forms the popular opinion and priority topic of the masses in his region yet he is running around to become Nigeria's President to represent others. What logic is that ? What does he even own in Anambra talk less of South-East. Charity begins at home. For how long will you labor in another person's farm ?

him and his like are busy investing, residing and working in other people's lands while home base is to come and 'shayo' and build in house for December. Go to Abuja and see their children everywhere, gallivanting like indigenes with no sense of acculturation to their identity. The day push comes to shove, I pray you don't loose more than you can recover. It has happened before, so it won't be a strange reoccurrence and the tide is rising again.

Peter Obi's eventual loss in 2023, will awaken you lots to the reality of Nigeria. When they finish fanning the embers of his dream online, they will wake him up with the hard knock at the polls.
Look beyond Nigeria, Biafra is calling.

Some people are born to be a fool
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by HRMK: 9:27am On Nov 04, 2022
must you always buy new dogs for your job?why cant you breed and train your own dogs?
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Slynation(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2022
benqo01:

We understand,what we are must concern about is the level of corruption in this govt,Well i hope it helps sha we knw some people will cash out from it
normally naw...!! Na where Man dey work e dey chop!!
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by plaindealer: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2022
mukthar2000:

Op u can't compare how other countries run their governments with ours, though life na were u work u go chop mean work chop, but Nigerians leaders are too greed when its come to monetary aspects, are u aware then how much state of Assembly bought just a touch light per one, if u konw u no OP, and don't forget to open that ur POS KIIS for me to operate pls.
If den ask some of you to manage ordinary POS kiosk, you go fail and run am to the ground..

If you are going to argue, do so logically with sane and rational facts. If you really do think 20k is too much, then show us what other drug or law enforcement agencies are paying for similar dogs, this is how to argue intelligently, not blabbing with irrelevant issues is redundant and pointless.

Argue like an adult, show us what agencies all over the world are paying for sniffer dogs and let's compare.

1 Like

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Najdorf: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2022
Reference:

That is not how to live my friend.
You progress in life by learning, working and developing capacities and competencies. We are not born with a bill on our heads by anyone.

We grow and learn and develop. That is how real institutions the world over are established. If you can buy a dog for 20,000 dollars it is because someone has developed it to be worth that. That person does not have two heads.

People who seek to develop themselves will look to produce a better dog worth 25,000 dollars. But here in this part of the world it is evil to do that.

Our lives start and end with a price tag. And that is the one and only reason we are inherently poor. A mentality that is not given to value. A mentality that sees itself perpetually at the bottom of the food chain. A nation of cannots.
Hmm, I always appreciate well thought arguments like this.

You're right. This lifestyle of importing everything we need without developing ourselves as a nation isn't sustainable. Although, the amount we would spend for the sending of our guys for training and development and maintenance of our own facilities would still be around the price we're paying for importing these dogs from abroad. This is a long term goal they should really invest in but it's completely understandable if they have to import those dogs for now to meet current demands.

My problem was mostly with people calling out "corruption" without doing research.

1 Like

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by favour32(m): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2022
If dem make any statement, go and verify if you are not convinced.
Don't lazy about because you enjoy to comment nonsense.
I nor blame them as NIGERIA don tire many of them to become cynics and critics.
Dem think say na the usual EKUKE
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by mukthar2000(m): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2022
plaindealer:

If you are going to argue, do so logically with sane and rational facts. If you really do think 20k is too much, then show us what other drug or law enforcement agencies are paying for similar dogs, this is how to argue intelligently, not blabbing with irrelevant issues is redundant and pointless.

Argue like an adult, show us what agencies all over the world are paying for sniffer dogs and let's compare.

s lol Oga is like u get time for me on this issue Weller, pls make I complete my report b4 my oga fire me lol,

1 Like

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by MansoryMX(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2022
bdon123:

Bro my company bought sniffer dogs for up to $10k about 7 years ago.Dont talk abt wat u dnt know....d maintenance of those dogs a year no be here.I heards they even feed dem drugs to be able to detect drugs

I breed dogs for a living man! K-9 sniffing dog like Malinios Belgian Shepherd breed $7k to $8500. No dog is up to $15k sef
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Najdorf: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2022
mukthar2000:
s lol Oga is like u get time for me on this issue Weller, pls make I complete my report b4 my oga fire me lol,
Me sef dey here dey argue dog matter when I get serious work to get to grin
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by mukthar2000(m): 9:44am On Nov 04, 2022
Najdorf:

Me sef dey here dey argue dog matter when I get serious work to get to grin
grin time na money ooo, this argument no go put food for our table oo, na just to catch Cruz.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by plaindealer: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2022
mukthar2000:

You obviously have, more than enough time to argue with your essays, but after asking you to show facts, all of a sudden, you don't have time..

See your life? I know your type, you spew baseless stuff and when called out to state facts, you come up with excuses why you can not.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Ubanz: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2022
You need more dogs.mchew.
Go buy male and female of those breeds and employ trainers.
Wasteful generation of leaders.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Perfectbeing(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2022
PresEmeka:
Buy pedigree pups
Breed them
Employ capable trainers

This ensures continuity. But humans without a rational thinking faculty are in support of buying already trained dogs so they can steal money
Money that could be channeled into other important things
Fool. Even developed countries buy sniffer dogs from Germany.

It's not every time you talk with emotion
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by COUSIN1279(m): 9:47am On Nov 04, 2022
This days is hard to see a patient dog buy.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by plaindealer: 9:48am On Nov 04, 2022
Ubanz:
You need more dogs.mchew.
Go buy male and female of those breeds and employ trainers.
Wasteful generation of leaders.

And you go hire qualified and global standard trainers for free?

You people just can not make sense to save your own lives..
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by lhordspy: 9:51am On Nov 04, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:
maybe you think you're talking to daft fools like you. Anybody who has been in the dog breeding business know how to teach their dog basic commands. I was able to teach one of my dogs to sniff out cigarette and I learnt through a YouTube tutorial. back then I used to hire out my dogs to police. What prevents the government from buying good dogs from good breeders here in Nigeria? You'll keep supporting rubbish because it's from a government you support

Lol. You people will never ceaee to amaze me. Because you were able to teach your dog how to sniff cigratte. You now think you have successfully upgraded your dog to a standard sniffer dog? cheesy grin

Oga, marwa wasnt talking about cigratte sniffing dog, we are talking about highly trained dogs with certified certificates (Notice the 's' after the certificate.

And morever you think to train dogs to an international sniffer standard is an easy job. Some training from scratch takes upto 6years sometimes. With lot of efforts and financial funds to be budgeted. And more, just like humans, the dog needs continous training because new drugs are formed by drug pushers and cookers. And everyday new ways to hide this substances from the law enforcement are invented.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Sammy5413(m): 9:52am On Nov 04, 2022
You're 100% correct!
lhordspy:
Those ignorant kids commenting above me think it is normal 'Ekuke - 404' (local dog) he is talking about.

Everybody na thief to them. Ignorance is surely a disease.

A normal trained sniffer dog cost almost $30,000 , talkmore of a highly trained one with many training certified certificate in upgraded device detections, nacortic sniffing, general surveillance and area clearing.

To ask for the service of a sniffer dog for area clearing just for an hour only - it cost upto $600

The highest form of ignorance is criticising what you dont know about.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Perfectbeing(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2022
Reference:

That is not how to live my friend.
You progress in life by learning, working and developing capacities and competencies. We are not born with a bill on our heads by anyone.

We grow and learn and develop. That is how real institutions the world over are established. If you can buy a dog for 20,000 dollars it is because someone has developed it to be worth that. That person does not have two heads.

People who seek to develop themselves will look to produce a better dog worth 25,000 dollars. But here in this part of the world it is evil to do that.

Our lives start and end with a price tag. And that is the one and only reason we are inherently poor. A mentality that is not given to value. A mentality that sees itself perpetually at the bottom of the food chain. A nation of cannots.
Again you talk with emotions.

When you build the center for training dogs and you train people to train dogs so they can work as trainers here in Nigeria at expensive price, how many Nigerians would be able to afford it?

It's not about building and building and building... How would the agency be able to sustain itself?
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by lhordspy: 9:55am On Nov 04, 2022
MansoryMX:

Shut up your dirty mouth! It’s not up to that amount. Maximum $7500 to $9,000

Maybe you are reffering to a mere police dog.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by lhordspy: 9:55am On Nov 04, 2022
MansoryMX:

Shut up your dirty mouth! It’s not up to that amount. Maximum $7500 to $9,000

Maybe you are reffering to a mere police dog for chasing down criminals and tracking body scent only.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by lhordspy: 9:58am On Nov 04, 2022
Germi9:

Shuttup,i train sniffer squirrels for 7K dollars,they are smarter quicker and more scent sensitive grin

Werey dey compare squirrel to standard international sniffer dog with lot of certificates even more learned than you. cheesy grin

Your squirrel that can be killed by lacing poison with carrot.
A very simple test.

Oga, no talk this thing outside. You dey embarass us for nairaland angry

1 Like

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by wakililipupuru: 9:59am On Nov 04, 2022
MrNice04:

Peter Obi should be ashamed of himself likewise other One Nigeria Igbos who chose the easy way rather than striving sacrificially for the truth. The truth, which is Biafra and if that is too explicit for them, how about True Federalism and Restructuring of this nation. To ensure that every region can develop economically at it's own pace, maintain territorial and cultural integrity and provide adequate political representation to it's people.

Peter Obi has never acted as a representative of these issues which forms the popular opinion and priority topic of the masses in his region yet he is running around to become Nigeria's President to represent others. What logic is that ? What does he even own in Anambra talk less of South-East. Charity begins at home. For how long will you labor in another person's farm ?

him and his like are busy investing, residing and working in other people's lands while home base is to come and 'shayo' and build in house for December. Go to Abuja and see their children everywhere, gallivanting like indigenes with no sense of acculturation to their identity. The day push comes to shove, I pray you don't loose more than you can recover. It has happened before, so it won't be a strange reoccurrence and the tide is rising again.

Peter Obi's eventual loss in 2023, will awaken you lots to the reality of Nigeria. When they finish fanning the embers of his dream online, they will wake him up with the hard knock at the polls.
Look beyond Nigeria, Biafra is calling.

OG

1 Like

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by AerialMapper: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2022
The issue is not buying the dogs; will you care for them?

Where are the explosive detection dogs that NNPC were using years ago

I used to see Belgian Malinois with the EFCC... nothing again

We will just bring the trained animals to suffer
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by jackie111(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2022
pacino26:
This man has the Midas touch. I hope to see him as NSA or Minister of Defense someday. He laid the blueprint for a greater Lagos.

Though true, Amoda will not agree with your last statement.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by lhordspy: 10:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Minjim:

Still doesn't add up, the market price is around $12k- $15k if it's trained abroad. Considering the forex and transportation $8k- $5k balance is still too much to cover logistics.
Things are usually more expensive when done in Nigeria though.

A $15,000 K-9 must be the newly trained one. Not the one with experience. A normal standard sniffer dog with lot of certificates cost far above $30,000.

Sniffers dog trainings are unlimited, it is continous. New hard drugs emerges from the market, and new ways to conceal them are invented. Reason why these dogs training are updated continously.
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by BeanmanX(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2022
What about our local bingo dog?
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by SenatePresdo(m): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2022
benedictnsi:
Just imagine!!

Even Lion no cost like this

These guys take us for fool in this country

They don't take us for fools.

They know that we know that they are lying.

They are doing it because they know we can't do anything.

Our vote that should be our only strength, Tribalism and religion have compromised it.

1 Like

Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by ZombieSlayer1: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. You people will never ceaee to amaze me. Because you were able to teach your dog how to sniff cigratte. You now think you have successfully upgraded your dog to a standard sniffer dog? cheesy grin

Oga, marwa wasnt talking about cigratte sniffing dog, we are talking about highly trained dogs with certified certificates (Notice the 's' after the certificate.

And morever you think to train dogs to an international sniffer standard is an easy job. Some training from scratch takes upto 6years sometimes. With lot of efforts and financial funds to be budgeted. And more, just like humans, the dog needs continous training because new drugs are formed by drug pushers and cookers. And everyday new ways to hide this substances from the law enforcement are invented.

you're saying same thing; instead of spending huge sums to import, why not send people abroad to learn and then they'll come back to Nigeria to train dogs for NDLEA and other agencies.

Since I was able to train one of my dogs to sniff out cigarettes even without having any professional training, someone who has the training will be able to do better instead of this capital flight
Re: Each Dog We Buy For The Airports Cost $20000, We Need More Dogs - Marwa by Codes151(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2022
The people here defending 20k for dogs are mad.

Can you not train a dog?
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tribalism Hidden In Foundations Of Our Country Have Come Out - Bolanle Olukanni / Bomb Explosion At Sabon Gari & Wusasa, Zaria / Can Someone Explain Why Kaduna Nzeogwu Is Igbo But His Village Is Not Igboland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.