Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:46 AM

Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. (4918 Views)

Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? / Someone Returning From Abroad: What Do Nigerians Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Vicjustice: 8:44am On Aug 24, 2007
+osisi:

who ever came up with that diaspora word?
I know it's in the dictionary
na only naijas wey dey use that word steady.
diaspora this, diaspora that.

You're right, only Nigerians use this word. The word is supposed to be: the exodus of the Jews out of the palestinian lands, to settle in other countries, the body of Jews (or Jewish communities) outside Palestine or modern Israel. Though, there are some secondry definitions which do not directly indicate that Nigerians abroad are Diasporas.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by markos: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2007
mark ex political thug, ex- throw back tear gas at police, Ali must go riot 70s, stayed outisde during 1983 military take over curfew dressed in military fatigue, ex man-o war

any vacancies
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Banderas(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2007
Heh heh heh. The funny thing is that Naija's abroad aren't in diaspora. The people in Diaspora are the african americans, caribbean and other people of african origin that were taken abroad against their will. We are simply Nigerians abroad.

Though if one were ro use the dictionary meaning, then any Nigerian who has moved away would be in diaspora. This diaspora will of course include togo, Cameroon, and Ghana, amongst other countries.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by BABEELOVE(f): 9:39am On Aug 24, 2007
Banderas:

Heh heh heh. The funny thing is that Naija's abroad aren't in diaspora. The people in Diaspora are the african americans, caribbean and other people of african origin that were taken abroad against their will. We are simply Nigerians abroad.

Though if one were ro use the dictionary meaning, then any Nigerian who has moved away would be in diaspora. This diaspora will of course include togo, Cameroon, and Ghana, amongst other countries.

gbam!!! Na you talk am! grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by SecondNjoy(f): 11:24am On Aug 24, 2007
@Banderas - ok - Diaspora is Diaspora - even if it is in Bakassi.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by BABEELOVE(f): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2007
N_joy:

@Banderas - ok - Diaspora is Diaspora - even if it is in Bakassi.

Diaspora no far after all!!!!  Una too funny!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Tats(m): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2007
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by ssRhino: 1:32am On Aug 25, 2007
why do pple wanna waste time and answer the azzhole, ?
If he is mad about pple outside, let him go and jump the train and die, punk negro
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by spoilt(f): 4:07am On Aug 25, 2007
$$Rhino:

why do people want to waste time and answer the azzhole, ?
If he is mad about people outside, let him go and jump the train and die, punk negro
ha!
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by InCarNav: 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2007
"Rhino - u sure r a goat.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2007
$$Rhino:

why do people want to waste time and answer the azzhole, ?
If he is mad about people outside, let him go and jump the train and die, punk negro

InCar_Nav:

"Rhino - u sure r a goat.

grin grin grin grin grin grin make una take am easy, eh?

@PTH,

u must be really high tonight grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2007
tnaidaR:

@PTH,

u must be really high tonight grin

huh high on?
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2007
On the shit grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 9:55pm On Aug 25, 2007
lol shit packing was back breaking today. grin
How i miss the "fancy jobs" in Nigeria. tongue
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 10:02pm On Aug 25, 2007
PTH:

lol shit packing was back breaking today. grin
How i miss the "fancy jobs" in Nigeria. tongue

Eyaa. . easy, eh? It's because of people like you we still have western union in naija grin grin grin

Yea, me too I miss the "fancy jobs" like taking stock of deliveries on a 20 leaves note book with a lit candle on a rotten table to see where to write. shocked grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2007
that your "fancy job" is a very poor one, what can beat working 18 hours in subhuman conditions in Chinese slave camps err sorry factories producing rubber slippers and plastics. grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2007
PTH:

that your "fancy job" is a very poor one, what can beat working 18 hours in subhuman conditions in Chinese slave camps err sorry factories producing rubber slippers and plastics. grin

Subhuman condition in slave camps? damn! grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2007
tnaidaR:

Subhuman condition in slave camps? damn! grin

you've never seen those air conditioned prison cells called factories? shocked
I tell you Naija is more developed than foreign countries. . . grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2007
PTH:

you've never seen those air conditioned prison cells called factories? shocked
I tell you Naija is more developed than foreign countries. . . grin

Never seen that. But seriously, Naija rough die. I mean, someone feeds off the coins he gets from pushing wheelbarrow? How on earth is that possible? shocked
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2007
tnaidaR:

Never seen that. But seriously, Naija rough die. I mean, someone feeds off the coins he gets from pushing wheelbarrow? How on earth is that possible? shocked

you are here debasing a "fancy" truck pushing job which is far better than the shit packing and corpse washing we all do abroad. Abeg dont insult our hardworking Nigerian brethren. grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2007
lmao. . .whatever puts food on one's table.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PawPaw3(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2007
This people are just too proud to say what dey do. If Nigerian youths know the kind of work available to them abroad, they will stop lining up at foreign embassies. I will make it my duty to expose the suffering our brothers and sisters abroad face. They are too shy to tell anybody, I have plenty people abroad so I know the nitty gritty of jobs Nigerians do. When I see them in Lagos speaking with their nose I sometimes wonder if this is as a result of them putting something in their nose at work. Oyinbo don't speak with nose even. They come to Nigeria and pretend to be ajebutter, how can some one doing menial job be ajebutter? I hate this stupid people.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2007
Paw-Paw:

This people are just too proud to say what dey do. If Nigerian youths know the kind of work available to them abroad, they will stop lining up at foreign embassies. I will make it my duty to expose the suffering our brothers and sisters abroad face. They are too shy to tell anybody, I have plenty people abroad so I know the nitty gritty of jobs Nigerians do. When I see them in Lagos speaking with their nose I sometimes wonder if this is as a result of them putting something in their nose at work. Oyinbo don't speak with nose even. They come to Nigeria and pretend to be ajebutter, how can some one doing menial job be ajebutter? I hate this stupid people.

the above is the summary of an ignorant and mendacious oaf (thanks I-man). grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PawPaw3(m): 12:10am On Aug 26, 2007
the above is the summary of an ignorant and mendacious oaf (thanks I-man).
I know is paining you that I am revealing the work, but you or any one can't stop me. I will tell all the youths the work that nigerians do wether it pains you or not. Someone have to tell the truth for once to stop others falling into the trap.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by PTH(m): 12:19am On Aug 26, 2007
Paw-Paw:

I know is paining you that I am revealing the work, but you or any one can't stop me. I will tell all the youths the work that nigerians do wether it pains you or not. Someone have to tell the truth for once to stop others falling into the trap.

carry go mr paw paw. You seem to know what i do better than me. grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Uche2nna(m): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2007
I know that Ignorance still exists but I did not believe that somebody can be this ignorant sad
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by tnaidaR(f): 3:06am On Aug 26, 2007
Paw-Paw:

Someone help me out. Is this the paw paw dude? Really frustrated as it is grin

Paw-paw
, I think you're the one in pain 'cause you can't be where they/we are grin Swear you've never received western union? Keep on mumbling there grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 5:26am On Aug 26, 2007
tnaidaR:

Someone help me out. Is this the paw paw dude? Really frustrated as it is grin

Paw-paw
, I think you're the one in pain 'cause you can't be where they/we are grin Swear you've never received western union? Keep on mumbling there grin

Oh, you now know the Honorable "Paw paw-licious" paw paw a.k.a Papaya of the thick jungle and the Director of finance at CBN without a satisfactory bank account but relies on yahoo yahoo runz to survive.

@ Paw paw,
You just got to understand that it's not everybody that lives abroad that does menial jobs. Whatever the job people who live abroad do, most are still better off than the average Nigerian. You should just stop hating at least for once. Perhaps the supposed family you've got abroad are all engaged in crappy menial jobs, hence your stupid generalization of everybody. No insults intended dawg!
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 26, 2007
@ Paw paw,
You just got to understand that it's not everybody that lives abroad that does menial jobs. Whatever the job people who live abroad do, most are still better off than the average Nigerian. You should just stop hating at least for once. Perhaps the supposed family you've got abroad are all engaged in crappy menial jobs, hence your stupid generalization of everybody. No insults intended dawg!
[quote][/quote]
cheesy
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Jakumo(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2007
At last Mr. Pawpaw has made an observation which has a ring of truth, and this is with respect to the very entertaining fake foreign accents and affected airs adopted by some Nigerians who either live abroad or wish they did, all in the hopes of impressing or intimidating people they meet on the street in Nigeria.

Considering that many Nigerians who have lived in the US or UK for decades still prefer to converse with other Nigerians using their native dialects, it is both absurd and amusing to hear other Nigerians who return home from short overseas vacations suddenly trying to sound like the Queen of England, with predictably hysterical results that no one from any country can understand.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by HolinessM: 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2007
that most people in Diaspora/abroad/overseas doesnt do anything good as work and with their time is reflected in the time they spend here on Nairaland and indeed the number of posts they make per day - meaningful and meaningless - so, there u go!!! Thanks poster for starting this thread.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2007
We have flat rate.and we do not have "go slow" on the roads

(1) (2) (3) (4)

How Do I Take Bus From Ojodu Berger To Iyana Ipaja / Gambia the Next Hot Destination: check out this beautiful photos / I Saw This Comment By A British Woman On Facebook About UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.