Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:12 AM

Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. (4935 Views)

Help! If You're Using Naira Atm Cards Abroad, What Is The Exchange Rate ? / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? / Someone Returning From Abroad: What Do Nigerians Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by HolinessM: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2007
@Mamaput

no - u have a boring life - admit it.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2007
I have a peaceful life.
I do what i want when i want to do it.
My leave started on the 6 of August it will be over on the 3 of september right now i just spend the day sleeping and doing nothing. to be able to do nothing is a luxury these days .
I Have no one telling me when and how to spend my money , when to go out or stay at home.
I have sent my kids on different trips, One is in Spain the others on a bicycle trip.
I thought of travelling my self but i hate stress.Whats boring for you is heaven for me.
Go out when i want i come home when i want. My kids are at an age that i can even live them alone over a long weekend.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2007
And in november i have an other 2 weeks off.
You can read all my posts if you want any post b4 the 6.8.07 was never between 10.30 and 21:00 oclock. weekends do not count.
I have had my good share of wild life nothing i wanted to do that i have not done.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by wendymanda: 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2007
that most people in Diaspora/abroad/overseas doesnt do anything good as work and with their time is reflected in the time they spend here on Nairaland and indeed the number of posts they make per day - meaningful and meaningless - so, there u go!!! Thanks poster for starting this thread.

Because we are not doing slave labor we can relax at work and sometimes we do this by coming and interacting on Nairaland. It is not the fault of those abroad that people have to use internet cafes or work for hours without being able to relax
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by HolinessM: 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2007
Dont tell me stuff - I live all my life in Europe but hey - it is a boring life. If u ask me and if it is possible - u know where I'll rather be? I'll rather be in Nigeria or Africa for that matter, but for now, I am here.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2007
Like i told you , one mans meat is another mans poison.
But if you have lived all your life in Europe , what do you know about Nigeria.
I have lived half my life in Nigeria and the other half here, and i can say i will rather be here.
I do not pay school fees, i always have light and running water. My DR is round the corner,.My kids even go on their own and never spend more than half an hour at the Dr's. If they are really very sick (thank god it has not happened) the DR will come to me.
I hate partys and i hate travelling. Why the hell will i do that to myself.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by HolinessM: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2007
thats you @Mamaput

I'll rather a first class citizen in my own country rather than become a second class citizen in another man's country.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:29pm On Aug 26, 2007
If you had been a first class citizen in your country you would never have left.
People that go waht better.
I forgot to add i do not have to fear armedrobbers or sugar daddies
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by InCarNav: 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2007
@Mamaput

People leave for so many reasons - work transfer etc, not necessarily for economic betterment or social considerations -

Nowhere u r - armed robers, sugar daddies etc will still trail u.

In the past 6 months - over 10 youngsters have been shot to death by youngsters in UK alone - so where will we run to?
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by SecondNjoy(f): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2007
I always say this - if u leave your country because you think there is better life elsewhere and u then degrade yourself to do jobs u will never do in your country, then that is lack of self esteem - the same way u wont just sleep with anybody due to self esteem, then the same way u shouldnt demean yourself to work menial jobs when at home u were an highly paid professional or something.

And true to talk - the people who has the largest posts in Nairaland are people abroad - people in Nigeria seems to be time constrained - not necessarily internet access constrained judging with the fact that most people have access to the internet on their phones, at home or at cafes. So I think we the diasporic people have less to do with our time. Its boring if u ask me - take it or not.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2007
mamaput:

If you had been a first class citizen in your country you would never have left.

I just love that statement!
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:46pm On Aug 26, 2007
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by SecondNjoy(f): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2007
Where else can u be a first class citizen if not in your own country?

Even the black Americans or Balck British still grapple with identity crisis, these are people with names like Paul Smith, Edward Jones etc - what will u grapple with, even if u become a citizen of those countries and your name is like Mamaput Atosile or names like - Adebowale Ojuolape or Chukwuma Nkemjiofor.

hmmm - food for thought.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2007
goshh another thread!!!
lemme go thru it
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by HolinessM: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2007
Worse if u are mixed race.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2007
Thats my daughter, she is just 13 and a girlie girl.
But i always only have problems with Nigerians Grabbing after her even in my presences. And am talking about old men in their 40s.
What if she were in Nigeria? we all know how much time dirty old men spend on the road looking for prey (young blood
Luckily she can stay out of their way and now with my permission insult anyone that even looks funny at her.
The town i stay in is safe no kids gets shot .
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2007
lol, bunch of ignorants!!! hiss

hey da-prince cheesy
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 26, 2007
;d
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2007
Holiness_M:

Worse if u are mixed race.
Only those that do not Know were they come from.
I grew up with mother and father.
And as of when i left my fathers house  mum and dad were still together. (b4 you ask my mum is late)
my kids also know were they come from They know their mum and they know their dad and they know  their nigerian Family.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 3:02pm On Aug 26, 2007
The truth is, I believe most people are bitter because they move abroad and fail to take the oppportunity to make a better living for themselves or that those they know who live abroad fail to do what they ought to do. If one moves abroad and fails to go to school or engage their skills meaningfully, they are definitely going to be menial jobbers all their lives! As long as you are a professional (which there are many Nigerians), you are going to be respected and hallowed in your field irrespective of color, accent, or nationality. Is there racism? Hell yeah! Is there tribalism in Nigeria? Hell-to-da-yeah! So, wherever one goes, there are life crises that they are going to face, but managing them and making the best use of the resources they have available to them separarte the menial jobbers from the professionals. Would I rather live abroad (not just some crappy country) or live in Nigeria? Honestly, with the current situation of things in Nigeria, I WOULD DEFINITELY CHOOSE TO LIVE ABROAD. Period.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 3:03pm On Aug 26, 2007
Aloib what's up with ya?
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by bluesky4(f): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2007
Hey Mamaput, your daughter is very pretty.
Dont bother wasting your time with these people, they don't seem to be happy when someone is trying to progress in their life.

To all those haters, if your happy living in Nigeria then good for you, but what gives you the right to say people in diaspora are worse off than you.
I agree that there are good things about living in Nigeria, but for me, i believe that the advantages of living abroad far outweights the advantages of living in Nigeria.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2007
daprince:

The truth is, I believe most people are bitter because they move abroad and fail to take the oppportunity to make a better living for themselves or that those they know who live abroad fail to do what they ought to do. If one moves abroad and fails to go to school or engage their skills meaningfully, they are definitely going to be menial jobbers all their lives! As long as you are a professional (which there are many Nigerians), you are going to be respected and hallowed in your field irrespective of color, accent, or nationality. Is there racism? Hell yeah! Is there tribalism in Nigeria? Hell-to-da-yeah! So, wherever one goes, there are life crises that they are going to face, but managing them and making the best use of the resources they have available to them separarte the menial jobbers from the professionals. Would I rather live abroad (not just some crappy country) or live in Nigeria? Honestly, with the current situation of things in Nigeria, I WOULD DEFINITELY CHOOSE TO LIVE ABROAD. Period.

preach it !!!!

daprince:

Aloib what's up with ya?

i'm aiight, lol, cold sunday night, been rainning like shit!1 how u doing? no church cheesy
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2007
Oh, is today Sunday? No, no church. BTW, I'm doing great. . . although just being pissed off with some people who think it's DaPrince's fault that they failed to go to school while living in Europe or America.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2007
hahaha, u gotta be kidding? u didnt knw it was sunday, dont get pissed bro, lol wat were they doing while their mates were studying? paranbulating and smoking crack?, lol, dont get urself all pissed bro, its their lost
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by mamaput(f): 3:15pm On Aug 26, 2007
And that class thing is even worse in Nigeria.
Can a woman report to police that the husband beat her?
can a house girl go to police because her oga raped her.
Even barrow pushers are they not "men of god"
The megard that salutes you at the gate? is that what is making you happy. is he not a human?
You call it class to treat people with less than you like trash
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by funkybaby(f): 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2007
daprince:

word ! smiley
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2007
mamaput u still get time to dey post lipsrsealed, lol, fashy the explanation abeg
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, I honestly didn't remember that today was Sunday. When you said Sunday evening, I was like, damn! what's this girl saying, it's Saturday here. I wish it would rain here though (but that would just make the lawn grow a Lil' bit faster. . . which I hate).
Anyway, regarding those losers, I don't think I got time for them anymore, most are just hating.
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2007
daprince:

Yeah, I honestly didn't remember that today was Sunday. When you said Sunday evening, I was like, damn! what's this girl saying, it's Saturday here. I wish it would rain here though (but that would just make the lawn grow a Lil' bit faster. . . which I hate).
Anyway, regarding those losers, I don't think I got time for them anymore, most are just hating.

lol, we r 12 hrs ahead of y'all, lol, why dont u like the lawn growing a lil faster, lazy to mown?, lol, i love it wen it rains, though theres always flood and then typhoon threats,
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by daprince: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2007
I hate mowing the lawn! Moreover, since you've reminded me that today's Sunday, school starts tomorrow (can't wait!). I can't wait to get back to school so I can give a better disgnosis of Paw paw's sickness. grin
Re: Abroad? What Do You Do There? Lets See What The Loud Mouths On Nland Do Abroad. by aloib(f): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2007
daprince:

I hate mowing the lawn! Moreover, since you've reminded me that today's Sunday, school starts tomorrow (can't wait!). I can't wait to get back to school so I can give a better disgnosis of Paw paw's sickness. grin

hahahaha , lol its almost vacation for us mehn, one month left, cant wait, lol do u love school that much undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4)

The Incredible Dubai [photos] / Why Don't Airplanes Have Parachute Systems? / Nigeria: International Flight Resumption Date To Be Out Soon — Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.