Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,085 members, 7,973,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:38 PM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (173495 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
May Allah grant us the best spouses. I understand what my sisters are talking about.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Leemak: 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sissie:

When I said preach I didn't say it in the religious context, I meant you talk and someone wants to advise, teach, recommend, give sermon to you. At times it's just TALK.
And I didn't say am tired I said it's tiring. And I didn't say we should not remind ourselves, if I didn't want reminders, I won't be in this section to start with.
@ Sissie salam alaekum my sista in Islam,pls i think i know u from somewhere whether from ur website or one place, pls inbox me ur e-mail, mine is zakarkamil@yahoo.com..........masalam.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Lalalaila(f): 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
salam every one have i missed much?
grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sissie:

idealistic single ladies post..... LOL. pragmatic men. by the idealistic single ladies post, i assume am one, so will take this personal.
1. you do not know me, and i do not care if all the men on this thread are pragmatic, so their for i do not want the well-meaning men to point this out,
2. about ladies who have married and switched without telling us the truth,is all blab to me.
oh please there are atleast 5 women that are dying to be with you, why are the men still single.

Awwwww... she took it personal. Well, if you are confident enough with your beliefs, you stick with them.

Why am I not yet married? Maybe I haven't seen a compatible lady? Moreover, it really isn't about me. It is just the way things are... men have access to women easily. Why that is so, I am not sure. Perhaps many women have been programmed to see themselves as "sexual objects"? Before you throw stones at me, just look at our society.

I actually thought you were stronger mentally. This post proves what I have at the back of my mind... women can't take half-as-much as they dish-out to men.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
onegig: Most of these issues have been over flogged in the past. If we continue, people would always come with their own versions of wants and needs. Why don't we just leave each person to his own decision and discuss things that are more general and everyone can benefit from.

Ok. Here's one. As any one noticed the alarming rate of divorce and marital problems in our societies. What do you think is the way forward and what are the issues that normally lead to misunderstanding in most homes.

The major reason is what you are trying to get away from- unrealistic singles marry pretenders and when pretenders show their true colours, conflict arises and when conflict arises, things fall apart.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
^ Mac, take it easy o!

It is supposed to be a friendly conversation.

Ki ye an kuri, Sissie ( I am correct, abi) grin grin.....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by showietee: 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
yo do 20 good things to a woman she praise you, the moment you mistakenly do 1 unfavourable thing to the same woman...she gets angry and get to the level of saying “since have known him, have not received a good from him“

Deduction- they are easily tensed, so male should be careful in dealing wit them...

They are delicate.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
This is getting interesting but don't let us take it personal oh . At least We are learning one or two things from these conversations.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
maclatunji:

Awwwww... she took it personal. Well, if you are confident enough with your beliefs, you stick with them.

Why am I not yet married? Maybe I haven't seen a compatible lady? Moreover, it really isn't about me. It is just the way things are... men have access to women easily. Why that is so, I am not sure. Perhaps many women have been programmed to see themselves as "sexual objects"? Before you throw stones at me, just look at our society.

I actually thought you were stronger mentality. This post proves what I have at the back of my mind... women can't take half-as-much as they dish-out to men.

Really!!!!!
Hahaha hilarious, is that the best you can do.

If you were really smart, you would have know the question was a playful sarcasm, and won't answer it the way you did, and I do not think 5 girls are following a man, maybe they follow Lupe fiasco or something, but you I doubt that, its all the delusions you tell yourself, but I guess you need to think that way to feel better about yourself (you are allowed to tell yourself what ever makes you sleep better at night)
Eyyah Pele.

About what you think about my mentality, I do not need your validation.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ Mac, take it easy o!

It is supposed to be a friendly conversation.

Ki ye an kuri, Sissie ( I am correct, abi) grin grin.....

You tried LOL, it's ki yi hakuri, sissie.
Hakuri ya zama dole.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
busar: This is getting interesting but don't let us take it personal oh . At least We are learning one or two things from these conversations.
I actually wasn't really taking it personally, it was all a friendly conversion to me.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
maclatunji:

The major reason is what you are trying to get away from- unrealistic singles marry pretenders and when pretenders show their true colours, conflict arises and when conflict arises, things fall apart.
mac.. I wasn't trying to run away from the discussion. I just believe its a personal thing. I for one is seeking the best in a lady and wouldn't manage any lady just because you believe there's scarcity of perfect partners. If you wanna settle for less then fine and okay but let those who want to aspire for the best also go on their own ways. Its personal and it doesn't really have to be discussed generally.

But please tone the criticism down. You are already sounding like a male chauvinist.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by lanrexlan(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
showietee: yo do 20 good things to a woman she praise you, the moment you mistakenly do 1 unfavourable thing to the same woman...she gets angry and get to the level of saying “since have known him, have not received a good from him“

Deduction- they are easily tensed, so male should be careful in dealing wit them...

They are delicate.
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Abbaas said:The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it.And I saw that the majority of its people are women.They said,Why,O Messenger of Allah?”He said,Because of their ingratitude (kufr).It was said,Are they ungrateful to Allaah?” He said,They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment.If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you,she will say,I have never had anything good from you.’” (Narrated by Al-Bukhaari,No. 1052)
*just passing by o,grab my seat and keep watching.*
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sissie:

Hakuri ya zama dole.
Abeg make una no sell us for here.

Inna jin hausa Kadan Kadan.. Lol
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
onegig: Abeg make una no sell us for here.

Inna jin hausa Kadan Kadan.. Lol

Sannu, ka yi kokari.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sissie:

Sannu, ka yi kokari.
naji ki.. Zan kawo tambura kuma. Sannu.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sissie:

Hakuri ya zama dole.

smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 10:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
maclatunji:

I actually thought you were stronger mentality. This post proves what I have at the back of my mind... women can't take half-as-much as they dish-out to men.

Not too good mac. Prejudiced thinking. It's a discussion, you need to forget about what you think and appreciate the points of others before passing your own point of views across.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yay!! Back to english... cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
On to lighter notes, if your wife chooses not to work, will you agree.
P.s please no right or wrong answers, answer and state your views, dont attack other peoples views, it's a discussion not an argument.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sissie: On to lighter notes, if your wife chooses not to work, will you agree.
P.s please no right or wrong answers, answer and state your views, dont attack other peoples views, it's a discussion not an argument.

Yep!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
I will allow her whole heartedly.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by onegig(m): 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
i don't think i will like it. Not work? Not too good. Am not even talking about finance here. There is this aura that comes when you earn money yourself and wouldn't like her to loose such. Its also not ideal for her to sit at home all day. I am not saying she should work herself up. Am just saying a little entrepreneurship will be much appreciated.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:27am On Aug 24, 2013
Sissie:

Really!!!!!

If you were really smart, you would have know the question was a playful sarcasm, and won't answer it the way you did, and I do not think 5 girls are following a man, maybe they follow Lupe fiasco or something, but you I doubt that, its all the delusions you tell yourself, but I guess you need to think that way to feel better about yourself (you are allowed to tell yourself what ever makes you sleep better at night)
Eyyah Pele.

#Feisty, I am sure this retort makes you feel much better. Lupe Fiasco? Let me borrow from him...

Why is it that a barely literate goon who tags himself an "artiste" will have a video shoot, request for 5 ladies to come and dance and be humiliated in the most demeaning of ways in front of a global audience for N0 and he will see like 200 women?

My dear sister, once again it is not about me, it is about what is real in this world. Sorry, if my words upset you but it is what it is.

Kai, you've got Lupe ringing in my head. #Grinning
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:34am On Aug 24, 2013
onegig: mac.. I wasn't trying to run away from the discussion. I just believe its a personal thing. I for one is seeking the best in a lady and wouldn't manage any lady just because you believe there's scarcity of perfect partners. If you wanna settle for less then fine and okay but let those who want to aspire for the best also go on their own ways. Its personal and it doesn't really have to be discussed generally.

But please tone the criticism down. You are already sounding like a male chauvinist.

You are the one projecting, I answered your question without referring to gender. There are unrealistic male singles just as there are female ones. If you insist on having a certain kind of woman for a wife as a man, you will probably see someone that looks like it. God help that marriage if the person is pretending though.

I can be uncompromising but please do not misinterpret my posts.

Thank you.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:37am On Aug 24, 2013
onegig:
Not too good mac. Prejudiced thinking. It's a discussion, you need to forget about what you think and appreciate the points of others before passing your own point of views across.

#Smiling
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by showietee: 12:38am On Aug 24, 2013
maclatunji:

#Feisty, I am sure this retort makes you feel much better. Lupe Fiasco? Let me borrow from him...

Why is it that a barely literate goon who tags himself an "artiste" will have a video shoot, request for 5 ladies to come and dance and be humiliated in the most demeaning of ways in front of a global audience for N0 and he will see like 200 women?

My dear sister, once again it is not about me, it is about what is real in this world. Sorry, if my words upset you but it is what it is.

Kai, you've got Lupe ringing in my head. #Grinning

Lupe ringing on your head? Hmmm.....

I thought the sorry ll be flavoured!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 12:42am On Aug 24, 2013
showietee:

Lupe ringing on your head? Hmmm.....

I thought the sorry ll be flavoured!

I don't get? You want me to apologise to her?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by showietee: 12:55am On Aug 24, 2013
maclatunji:

I don't get? You want me to apologise to her?

Someone said earlier that guys here ain't romantic, so i was expecting a beta one, garnished....
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 1:06am On Aug 24, 2013
showietee:

Someone said earlier that guys here ain't romantic, so i was expecting a beta one, garnished....

Would that not be flirting? I am careful not to be sweet with ladies before it gets twisted into something else (especially by third parties).

I am sure she is good, she is just trying to neutralize what might be perceived as my "arrogance" and "intolerance" of the views of others.

I call it "confidence" and presenting your views "robustly".

@Sissie, you gave as good as you got. Kindly tell my brother here that our "heated" exchanges aren't "personal".

I can't rap O cos I aint Lupe. #LOL
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by kayword(m): 1:17am On Aug 24, 2013
As for me o, if she chooses not to work as in bluecollar job, no prob. But i'd lyk her to hav a kind of 'shop' or whatever,
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 5:22am On Aug 24, 2013
Sissie:

Really!!!!!

Eyyah Pele.

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.