Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,096 members, 7,973,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 12:27 AM

Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk - Islam for Muslims (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (173496 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 5:28am On Aug 24, 2013
Mac oh! Sissie was just pulling your leg wink. Wallahi, you dey make me dey laugh big time grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by showietee: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2013
busar: Mac oh! Sissie was just pulling your leg wink. Wallahi, you dey make me dey laugh big time grin grin grin

As you de laugh, just make sure you hold something and don't laugh too much.

Remember- Pranks not allowed and if joking, make it moderate...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by showietee: 6:29am On Aug 24, 2013
A heart touching message..... by a woman..."
Some one asked her.......
Are you a working woman or a house-wife ??
She replied : Yes I am a full time working house-wife.
I work 24 hours a day.....
I'm a "mum",
I'm a wife,
I'm a daughter,
I'm a daughter-in-law.....
I'm an Alarm clock,
I'm a Cook,
I'm a Maid,
I'm a Teacher,
I'm a waiter,
I'm a nanny,
I'm a nurse,
I'm a handyman,
I'm a Security officer,
I'm a Counsellor,
I'm a comforter,
I don't get holidays,
I don't get sick leave,
I don't get day off......
I work through day and night.....
I'm on call......
all hours and get paid with asentence.....
"what do you do all day"

She's already got enough to do, we might just conclude that she engage in easy works from the comfort of the house...
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2013
showietee:

As you de laugh, just make sure you hold something and don't laugh too much.

Remember- Pranks not allowed and if joking, make it moderate...
Pranks not allowed??
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:39am On Aug 24, 2013
busar: Mac oh! Sissie was just pulling your leg wink. Wallahi, you dey make me dey laugh big time grin grin grin

I know but within jokes are messages. You can ask Basketmouth.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 8:42am On Aug 24, 2013
showietee: A heart touching message..... by a woman..."
Some one asked her.......
Are you a working woman or a house-wife ??
She replied : Yes I am a full time working house-wife.
I work 24 hours a day.....
I'm a "mum",
I'm a wife,
I'm a daughter,
I'm a daughter-in-law.....
I'm an Alarm clock,
I'm a Cook,
I'm a Maid,
I'm a Teacher,
I'm a waiter,
I'm a nanny,
I'm a nurse,
I'm a handyman,
I'm a Security officer,
I'm a Counsellor,
I'm a comforter,
I don't get holidays,
I don't get sick leave,
I don't get day off......
I work through day and night.....
I'm on call......
all hours and get paid with asentence.....
"what do you do all day"

She's already got enough to do, we might just conclude that she engage in easy works from the comfort of the house...

Even with all of these, I have not seen a woman that is "completely" unproductive as an housewife.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2013
maclatunji:

I know but within jokes are messages. You can ask Basketmouth.
maybe. Unfortunately, i don't listen to him(bask.)
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by showietee: 10:57am On Aug 24, 2013
maclatunji:

Even with all of these, I have not seen a woman that is "completely" unproductive as an housewife.

Those works aforementioned are avenues of productivity. Having those qualities is beta than d highest certificate on earth...

Females re blessings but alot of them do not know how important they are. Rather, they leave reality and live in appearance.

Oh Allah, increase Ur mercy on our mothers(females).

I ended the msg wit “we might conclude on her taking other easy work from the comfort of the home“

Reason i usually encourage female on being multi-tasking(having vocational knowledge asides of the degrees)

Since we all know that they ll settle wit WEEK(women education ends in kitchen)- joke.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by maclatunji: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2013
@HalalMates on Twitter wrote:

Stay away from each other when you are NOT
Halal for one another, so you may be closer
to each other when you become Halal for one
another.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
I wanted to post a comment yesterday but could not. Even then I was hoping my e-hugs and kisses were getting to Sissie.

Still take them pleaseeeee *hugs Sissie* kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
I find it irritating that some people would quote hadiths 'against' women when they cannot find reasonable lines of argument.

That is a cheap way out, mind you. I assume you know your own position in paradise to be so sure that the people you are speaking against are going to hell.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Deols, humanist is not necessarily a good thing o!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
deols: I wanted to post a comment yesterday but could not. Even then I was hoping my e-hugs and kisses were getting to Sissie.

Still take them pleaseeeee *hugs Sissie* kiss kiss kiss kiss

Salam deols.
Thank you, my gigantic e-hugs and kisses XOXO TO you too.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
tbaba1234: Deols, humanist is not necessarily a good thing o!

I gave it my own definition, as explained.

What do you term it to mean?
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
deols:

I gave it my own definition, as explained.

What do you term it to mean?

It is associated with a rejection of religious doctrines.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by lanrexlan(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
deols: I find it irritating that some people would quote hadiths 'against' women when they cannot find reasonable lines of argument.

That is a cheap way out,mind you.I assume you know your own position in paradise to be so sure that the people you are speaking against are going to hell.

Brother Showietee said
showietee: yo do 20 good things to a woman she praise you,the moment you mistakenly do 1 unfavourable thing to the same woman...she gets angry and get to the level of saying since have known him,have not received a good from him Deduction- they are easily tensed, so male should be careful in dealing wit them... They are delicate.
And I quoted the full hadith.
lanrexlan: It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allah ibn Abbaas said:The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:I was shown Hell and I have never seen anything more terrifying than it.And I saw that the majority of its people are women.They said,Why,O Messenger of Allah?”He said,Because of their ingratitude (kufr).It was said,Are they ungrateful to Allaah?” He said,They are ungrateful to their companions (husbands) and ungrateful for good treatment.If you are kind to one of them for a lifetime then she sees one (undesirable) thing in you,she will say,I have never had anything good from you.(Narrated by Al- Bukhaari,No. 1052)
Have I done anything wrong? Are those my words? I am deeply sorry for quoting the hadith.Nobody is promised paradise,may Allah admits us into it by his mercy(Ameen).
*unfollows thread*
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother Showietee said

And I quoted the full hadith.
Have I done anything wrong? Are those my words? I am deeply sorry for quoting the hadith.Nobody is promised paradise,may Allah admits us into it by his mercy(Ameen).
*unfollows thread*
Salam, no don't unfollow, I totally understand why you quoted the hadith.

The thing is showietee wrote that piece at the wrong time.
I just didn't want to say anything, if he wrote it at a different time it would have been no problem.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
tbaba1234:

It is associated with a rejection of religious doctrines.

I never cared about their definition. I redefined it
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
As a lady, general speaking when you are talking about feminine related issue, the men at times use that as excuse.
Let me explain better, on this thread someone wrote earlier on that the "so called religious sister" when talking about chores and divorce, it got a side eye from me. I just didn't want to answer the post.

The thing is men need to understand better and stop blaming women for all their problems.

Yes Islam says women are trials for men, as a woman I totally agree with this, and the hadith I agree with it, we can be so ungrateful, that been said, a man should not use that as his reason not to fulfil his own duties and as an excuse for his inadequacy.
It's like a man is seduced by a woman and commits zina, and says oh women are temptress, she seduced me without accepting he fell for the seduction he could have choosed to avoid her.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
deols:

I never cared about their definition. I redefined it

smiley
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
I mean showietee could have written it as a random post and lanrexlan just explained better, and gave its hadith.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sissie:
Salam, no don't unfollow, I totally understand why you quoted the hadith.

The thing is showietee wrote that piece at the wrong time.
I just didn't want to say anything, if he wrote it at a different time it would have been no problem.

showietee mentioned the hadith at the wrong time? And larexlan agreed with him.

It isn't hard to tell the kind of man showietee is, from his posts. I really wouldnt care to speak against such people.

But when you like a post or quote them for emphasis, you are simply saying that you agree with everything they represent. Face it and don't run away, especially as a man.

I didnt write that to face anyone in particular sha. It is how I feel about people who go about quoting hadiths to show how 'superior' or intelligent they are as men.

They should keep it up if they have seen themselves in paradise.

There was more I could have responded to from yesterday but singled that out for some reasons.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sissie: I mean showietee could have written it as a random post and lanrexlan just explained better, and gave its hadith.

No. showietee knew exactly what he was doing.

And Lanrexlan needs to take responsibility for his action.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 6:09pm On Aug 25, 2013
Deols take am easy oh.... Just came back from a colleague's Nikkah. Hoping to have mine soonest in sha Allah.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by deols(f): 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
busar: Deols take am easy oh.... Just came back from a colleague's Nikkah. Hoping to have mine soonest in sha Allah.

Trust me, I am very cool.

I just had to point those out. It would be unfair to all the parties involved not to.

I had one ustadh in Nigeria who was fond of doing things like this. If he tells you something and you are giving it a thought, he'll come up with a verse to make you feel like you are shaytan himself or even worse..lol.

He could say, Allah talks about people who reject his ayah or those who say, we hear and we obey.

Even when you preach Islam, hikmah has to be involved. You dont go castigating others or making them feel not righteous. That should be because you think you are the perfect Muslim.

The matter that even degenerated into this wasnt supposed to be so serious.

I really am sorry if my outburst is mean to anyone. Just had to say it like that. Thank God I couldnt post yesterday sef embarassed wv d way d thing dey pain my body then.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
busar: Deols take am easy oh.... Just came back from a colleague's Nikkah. Hoping to have mine soonest in sha Allah.

Busar, congrats o!
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by busar(m): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
tbaba1234:

Busar, congrats o!

shocked I have not gotten any nikkahquin though.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
@deols I had to refrain myself from posting yesterday too and just choose to ignore.
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
I'd just say a few things.

I think we should be more sensitive. That is one of the biggest lessons from our messenger (Peace be upon him). Many men do not fulfill their obligations but will be quick to point out a hadith about women. I was once in a gathering of men with multiple wives and many of them were fed by their wives. They had no decent job but made their women work and feed them. These men would emphasise the woman's obligation of respect but do not fulfill theirs.

This is not an indictment on anyone here, it is just a general observation.

I think everyone should focus on fulfilling his/her role, first. There is already enough on a man's plate.

He is responsible for the welfare and faith of his home.

On the other hand, I think we should always take the positives out of every statement no matter how misplaced, it might seem.

May Allah grant us the best.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by Sissie(f): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
So true we need to focus more on improving ourselves.
May Allah (SWT) make it easy for us. Amin
Re: Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk by tbaba1234: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
busar: shocked I have not gotten any nikkahquin though.

Ok o!

I am hoping to get married late next year or early 2015 in shaa Allah. Just my timeline..

I also have this dream of going to hajj with my wife next year en route a honeymoon destination. Hajj before honeymoon. Awesomeness.

May Allah make it possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (223) (Reply)

Our Condolence Message To Lagosboy / Islamic Names And Their Meanings / The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.