Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,872 members, 7,973,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:38 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (121101 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2007
@Ebos
'Ndikom kwenu' Ndiem kwenu' - This is Igbo Language.  I'm an Igbo guy from Umuahia.  Are the words not Igbo?

May be u meant to spell it as; Ndi ekomu (i don't knw if i'm correct)  In my own dialect is Ndi echie. smiley

Reverend Father Patrick Adegbite was laid to rest today ( May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in perfect peace. AMEN
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2007
Reverend Father Patrick Adegbite was laid to rest today ( May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed rest in perfect peace. AMEN

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 08, 2007
Carlosein:

Holy Mary, our hope, Seat of Wisdom,

Pray for us. Amen.

hmmm and when He shall come, will He find faith on earth? Mary is now the seat of wisdom?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
Holy Mary, daughter of God the Father,

Pray for us.

Holy Mary, mother of God the Son,

Pray for us.

Holy Mary, spouse of God the Holy Spirit,

Pray for us. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2007
Carlosein:

Pray for us. Amen.

wetin my ear no go hear. . . grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by buluti(m): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2007
@ david you need to realise that its now a joke. The impression in the minds of people catholic and otherwise is that i feel mine is right why should i change. Its difficult to see things when the mind is clouded.

Just read this "Holy Mary Spouse of God the Holy Spirit" why should any one bother talking to someone like that. Please catholics keep offering inferior worship and ask the saints departed to pray for you, its all good.

For me I will go boldly to the throne of grace, and offer worship to the one alone that deserves my praise and worship thats for me oh.

NB: I have attended a mass where Rev. Fr Adegbite officiated, he was a good man. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debojyde(m): 11:28pm On Nov 08, 2007
Carlosein:

Pray for us.

Pray for us.

Pray for us. Amen.
[/quote

Wonders will never end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do Catholics read another kind of Bible or is it the same regular Bible most churches use. Someone please answer!??
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ricadelide(m): 11:35pm On Nov 08, 2007
I know this may seem offensive, but the post itself is annoying - and sometimes a sharp rebuke is warranted.

Carlosein:

Pray for us.

Pray for us.

Pray for us. Amen.

Ok. From this quote now: God the Father is the only one that is "higher" than Mary.
She's co-equal with the Holy Spirit (being a spouse) and higher than the Son (being a mother).
In other words, God the Father gave birth to Mary, who then married God the Holy Spirit so that she might give birth to God the Son. Or isn't that what was posted?

Since she's so involved with the God-head, you didn't phrase it properly, you should gone right ahead to say;

"Holy Mary, God the fourth (or God the Mother and Wife) answer our prayer."

Then, it would be more close to home.

Nonsense and ingredients angry! If it seems that i've offended your sensibilities by making such a statement, i hope the absurdity of those statements contained in that post itself comes alive - for when one refers to Mary as the "Mother of God" (a statement that is nowhere mentioned in scripture, and is found wanting by simple reason) and then goes further to crown her as the "Spouse of the Holy Spirit", you know there is serious problem. It seems there's no limit to the number of titles and appelations that would be placed on the Roman Catholic Mary.
May God indeed have mercy.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:01am On Nov 09, 2007
TODAY'S SAINT

Dedication of St. John Lateran

Most Catholics think of St. Peter’s as the pope’s main church, but they are wrong. St. John Lateran is the pope’s church, the cathedral of the Diocese of Rome where the Bishop of Rome presides.

The first basilica on the site was built in the fourth century when Constantine donated land he had received from the wealthy Lateran family. That structure and its successors suffered fire, earthquake and the ravages of war, but the Lateran remained the church where popes were consecrated until the popes returned from Avignon in the 14th century to find the church and the adjoining palace in ruins.

Pope Innocent X commissioned the present structure in 1646. One of Rome’s most imposing churches, the Lateran’s towering facade is crowned with 15 colossal statues of Christ, John the Baptist, John the Evangelist and 12 doctors of the Church. Beneath its high altar rest the remains of the small wooden table on which tradition holds St. Peter himself celebrated Mass.

"What was done here, as these walls were rising, is reproduced when we bring together those who believe in Christ. For, by believing they are hewn out, as it were, from mountains and forests, like stones and timber; but by catechizing, baptism and instruction they are, as it were, shaped, squared and planed by the hands of the workers and artisans. Nevertheless, they do not make a house for the Lord until they are fitted together through love" (St. Augustine, Sermon 36>wink.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY (2nd reading of today Cor 3:9-17)
You are the temple of God

As living temples of God we are entrusted with the responsibility of reflecting the light and life of Christ to others in our families, schools, places of work, parishes and religious communities. How are we to do this? By living in the victory of the cross, overcoming in the power of the Spirit the temptations of sin that can tarnish or destroy the beauty of God's indwelling presence. St. Caesarius of Arles exhorted his listeners to "avoid damaging that temple by sin; for everyone who sins inflicts damage upon Christ." We want our earthly temples of worship to be in suitable condition but we also need to care for our infinitely more precious spiritual temples "Do you want a clean church?
Do not soil your soul with evil doing. Do you want a light-filled church? Grant your soul not to be a dark place but alight with good works".

As we give ourselves wholeheartedly to worship by prayer and loving obedience to God's will, he will assist us to carry out in our lives what we celebrate in worship. He will minister through us to others, bringing light into darkness, life where there is death, love where there is anger and division.

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
Intimacy with the Lord is not a matter of physical kinship; rather, it is achieved by cheerful readiness to do the will of God. ST. BASIL THE GREAT
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 10:53am On Nov 09, 2007
Holy Mary, Virgin most powerful,

pray for us. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2007
Nun oby,

Christ is the narrow door, but you guys have opened a very wide door with the introduction of Mariolatory. wink So, christ is no longer the door; you no longr hav a narrow door but a wide one through mary. Keep going thru
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 11:32am On Nov 09, 2007
what most of you seem to think was that Jesus just jumped out of the "vessel" that was carring him and started to perform .
he was born as a baby and he was breast feed and taken care of,
you people are claiming that Jesus dose not acknowledge Mary as his mother.
go and try and insult someones mother on the road and see what will happen.
will anyone not listen more to your needs if you beg his mother.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2007
May the soul of Father Adegbite and the souls of all the faithful departed
Rest in peace
AMEN

Grant them eternal rest O' Lord.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2007
And let perpetual light shine upon them.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Cgift
Christ is the narrow door, but you guys have opened a very wide door with the introduction of Mariolatory. So, christ is no longer the door; you no longr hav a narrow door but a wide one through mary. Keep going through

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2007
Who killed the Late Rev Father? Assasins or armed robbers? He was just shot and no investigation to find out the fish out the killers.

May His Soul Rest In Peace.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Oby1

You are from Enugu, according to one of your posts! Did you not say so? So, what happened to that post?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

what most of you seem to think was that Jesus just jumped out of the "vessel" that was carring him and started to perform .
he was born as a baby and he was breast feed and taken care of,
you people are claiming that Jesus dose not acknowledge Mary as his mother.

Who has said that now? ehn? Jesus did not ridicule his mother but only cautioned her! Yes. CAUTION! She wanted to impose an action on him but he rebuked her for that behaviour openly. That was to tell her before the whole world that He Jesus has his own mind, will and plans and would not be suject to anybody's dictates. Mary wanted to be a dictator but she was corrected by Jesus Himself.

mamaput:

go and try and insult someones mother on the road and see what will happen.
will anyone not listen more to your needs if you beg his mother.

All we are saying is this: the mary of the RCC is not the Mary of the bible who was Jesus' mother on earth. Mind you, Mary was only an earthly mother whose motherhood over Jesus ended the day Christ died. Jesus Christ no longer calls her 'mother'. grin

Concrning obtaining pardon through one's mother: Some people are more loving than their mothers wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Ebos
Who killed the Late Rev Father?  Assasins or armed robbers?  He was just shot and no investigation to find out the fish out the killers.  

He was shot by armed robbers.

You are from Enugu, according to one of your posts!  Did you not say so?  So, what happened to that post?

Yes i am. I modified my post, i didn't know u saw it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 3:25pm On Nov 09, 2007
As far as i know there was only  one Mary mother of god in the bible he did not have two mother.
abi a lot of people were answering Mary like we have ngozi.
Jesus did not CAUTION his mother he explained somethings to her.
The same way he explained a lot of things to a lot of people.
Like we said she was only the mother, not jesus himself we do not expect her to have known it all
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

As far as i know there was only one Mary mother of god in the bible he did not have two mother.
abi a lot of people were answering Mary like we have ngozi.
Jesus did not CAUTION his mother he explained somethings to her.
The same way he explained a lot of things to a lot of people.
Like we said she was only the mother, not jesus himself we do not expect her to have known it all

You are right, she could not have known it all. So why do your popes and bishops call her YOUR SAVIOUR
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debojyde(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

As far as i know there was only  one Mary mother of god

Can any Catholic please answer the following questions.

1-Is there anywhere in the Bible where mary is reffered to as what you wrote above? Meanwhile why is God written with a small letter "g" (please tell me that was a typographical error and not that your subconscious has placed so much importance on Mary than God who is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and ABOVE EVERYBODY AND ALL THINGS).

2-Do Catholics believe in judgement day?

3-If you believe in Judgement day, will Mary, The pope, and all the saints you pray to be Judged along with the rest of us.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2007
@cgift my computer language is with small letters only . i use the spell checker that changes some words from small to large.,

You are right, she could not have known it all. So why do your popes and bishops call her YOUR SAVIOUR

were did you hear such a thing. saviour is for jesus mary is the mother of the saviour

debojyde what do i know who will judge on that day go and read your revelations
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2007
http://www.reformed.org/documents/index.html?mainframe=http://www.reformed.org/documents/apostles_creed.html

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.

He descended into hell. [See Calvin]

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy *catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2007
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2007
I know quite alright that people can only hear someone when they are moving toward the person, and they are not likely to when the person’s (opposing) words are pursuing them. Catholics are being pursued, and I understand too that words lose their power when they are used to lookdown on others. Attitudes are the real figures of speech.

The goal of any discussion is not to manipulate other people but to learn to adapt the way you interact with others to their temperaments. So, all the pursuit against Catholic with the use of unconstructive words have lost its power and does not make sense any longer, and very soon they too will get tired and back-off.

@Oby1

Ok, you modified your post. But, how did you do it? I think it’s only Seun that can do it. However, I have been to Udi – close to Nigerian Brewery Deport.

Me, as a Catholic, I have not been disappointed by God. If I should open up (I mean testimony) – hum, it’s enough to believe that God works in Catholic. I’m comfortable being a Catholic.

@mamaput,

Me, I don belle full o! plenty belle full. You wey dey put for us - abi you never belle full? Abeg, no put again. it's ok.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debojyde(m): 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

@cgift my computer language is with small letters only . i use the spell checker that changes some words from small to large.,

were did you hear such a thing. saviour is for jesus mary is the mother of the saviour

And u changed the "M" in Mary but forgot to change the "g" in God. How convenient

I didn,t ask you who will Judge. Of course, we(EVERYBODY THAT LIVED ON THIS EARTH) will all be Judged by God according to our deeds on earth on Judgement day. I asked "who will be Judged" and my point is Mary, Pope, Saints will all be Judged on Judgement day. Correct me if I,m wrong.

[size=8pt]I just knew nobody will answer this questions[/size].
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2007
hello everybody,

was wondering what happened to flylyde the original poster of this thread.

anyone with info please supply us.

mamaput, welcome o quite an age.

God is gracious to bless us with Mary and nothing can change that.

She is the Mother of Good Counsel, Seat of Wisdom and the Queen of Heaven.

Regina Caeli, ora pro nobis. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2007
@Ebos
Ok, you modified your post.  But, how did you do it?  I think it’s only Seun that can do it.  However, I have been to Udi – close to Nigerian Brewery Deport.

After posting your reply, you will see the modify just on-top you post.  Ok, Udi is quite close to my village.

Me, as a Catholic, I have not been disappointed by God.  If I should open up (I mean testimony) – hum, it’s enough to believe that God works in Catholic.  I’m comfortable being a Catholic.

How many testimony, e full no bi small. If we start to give it, this thread wont be enough to contain it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2007
debojyde:

And u changed the "M" in Mary but forgot to change the "g" in God. How convenient

I didn,t ask you who will Judge. Of course, we(EVERYBODY THAT LIVED ON THIS EARTH) will all be Judged by God according to our deeds on earth on Judgement day. I asked "who will be Judged" and my point is Mary, Pope, Saints will all be Judged on Judgement day. Correct me if I,m wrong.

[size=8pt]I just knew nobody will answer this questions[/size].

no i change nothing the spell checker dose that.

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

Oh! Where I heard it? Not on of your popes. See this:

TE DEUM AND FIRST VESPERS
OF THE SOLEMNITY OF MARY, MOTHER OF GOD

In the HOMILY OF JOHN PAUL II on Tuesday 31 December 2002 "May every man and woman of good will approach and experience the power of your love and your peace! May the city of Rome and all humanity welcome you as their only Saviour. This is what I hope for all of you; a hope that I place in the hands of Mary, Mother of God, Salus Populi Romani (Salvation of the Roman People)."

And this:

SOLEMNITY OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

PRAYER OF JOHN PAUL II

Second Sunday of Advent
Piazza di Spagna, 8 December 2002

2. Virgin Mother, "Salvation of the Roman People!"
Watch over, I pray you, the beloved Diocese of Rome:

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/speeches/2002/december/documents/hf_jp-ii_spe_20021208_immacolata_en.html

As far as your leaders are concerned, Mary is YOUR SAVIOUR. Forget what you think it should be now, your authorities affirm Mary to be your Saviour. You probably have not taken time to read from the beginning of this discourse. You would have seen more startling revelations that would set you thinking if you indeed place importance on the Word of God which you carry as your Bible.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2007
it would take up very much time to start to explain a lot of things
all this has /will have got to do with appearance of Mary to several people. and messages she gave,.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (155) (Reply)

Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.