Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,511 members, 7,944,500 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120826 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2007
John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments. smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2007
@pilgrim

Get done with that complaint - for there are many non-Catholic pastors whose hearts are solely for the Lord and the integrity of His WORD

why not also accept that there are also loads of catholics whose hearts are solely for the Lord and the integrity of His WORD? But i guess you wont compliment those ones and still refer everything back to the bible. And why is it that everytime someone criticises a non catholic behaviour, you get a little aggrevated and dismiss these issues with a wave of hand as compared to the violent tongue lashes that you dish out to catholics daily. Why this unfair and unbalanced sense of reporting that favours and tilts only towards catholics? Cos i don't see any other thread apart from this one that you devote your time and energy to constantly criticize. Are catholics that bad to you?

No pun intended!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hi again @lawyer,

lawyer:

@pilgrim

why not also accept that there are also loads of catholics whose hearts are solely for the Lord and the integrity of His WORD?

My dear, HOW MANY such 'loads of catholics' have proven your words on this Forum? I have sought nothing other than the integrity of God's WORD in my discussions, refusing to be distracted into any other, and I've quite maintained a consistency within that same context.

My challenge still stands: how many Catholics who actually hold on to the integrity of God's WORD have attempted walking me through the Bible to show me that what I have posted are absolutely unfounded in that same WORD?

lawyer:

But i guess you wont compliment those ones and still refer everything back to the bible.

I actually have complemented those who have shared simple truths and helped me in some issues that I did not carefully consider earlier. For instance, when this thread was still in its infancy, I had asserted that no other person in the Bible was 'full of grace' than Jesus Christ. A friend (now ex-Catholic) immediately emailed me and pointed out that while it is true that Mary was not called "full of grace" in the Bible, there was actually one other person beside Jesus who was said to have been 'full of grace' - Stephen in Acts 6:8. I have acknowledged that publicly.

At other times, when I have indeed been very strong in my views, several (ex-)Catholics with whom I've made friends, quickly inundated my e-box with calls for me to straighten out and apologise. I did. Not only so, a very close 'Catholic' friend with whim I have been in touch by email, pressed upon me to post the other instances where the Popes openly stated that they worshipped Mary. It was only recently I privately emailed her some of them - and that was the final straw that made her radically leave the catholc Church. She is the very same person who appealed to me to leave this thread for a long while - and again I obliged.

I only came back to post a few short comments, being careful to keep my promise to her that the things I shared with her by email would not be posted - at least for now.

Actually lawyer, I have always tried to maintain integrity regardless the discussant with whom I share anything - it doesn't matter whether they are Catholics, Anglicans, Baptists, or even Muslims. Where people have shared simple truth - have acknowledged them thankfully. And I don't agree with you that I have not complemented those who have been bold to stand in the WORD of God.

I would rather say that those who assume to speak about integrity and truth while excusing the obvious heresies they espouse are not actually ready to come clean and receive God's WORD. I took that step several years ago - and that is why I am never afraid to take an uncompromisive stand for the integrity of God's WORD.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
@lawyer,

lawyer:

And why is it that everytime someone criticises a non catholic behaviour, you get a little aggrevated and dismiss these issues with a wave of hand as compared to the violent tongue lashes that you dish out to catholics daily.

Lol. . . perhaps you must be referring to someone other than pilgrim.1.

I don't remember fitting into the description above. If anything, I have stood firm to discourage Christians (whether Cathlics or Protestants) from using bedevilled language at one another - nevermind that it is on record that Catholics have enjoyed watching their own brethren assail me with every caterwaul under the sun that not one of them could bear upon themselves. Such things do not touch me in the slightest way - and my attitude has always been to simply walk away instead of exchanging insults with them. But as sson as I noticed that Christians were trading such caterwauls, I have tried to promptly call for calm and reason.

There again, your allegation is refuted.

lawyer:

Why this unfair and unbalanced sense of reporting that favours and tilts only towards catholics?

Please read through other threads - Catholicism is not the only issue I discuss. If anyone feels uncomfy, I have offered them just one thing: either seek to clamly and coherently walk me through Scripture and show me just WHERE, HOW and WHY I might have been mistaken! Where Catholics have failed to even attempt such, their claim of my "attacking" them is simply a laugh.

lawyer:

Cos i don't see any other thread apart from this one that you devote your time and energy to constantly criticize. Are catholics that bad to you?

Oh, how wrong again. I have discussed other Christian topics with as much "devotion" -

~Tithes,

~ the LAW,

~ Women in Leadership in Church,

as well as engaged in several discussions with Muslims -

~ Did Muhammad perform any miracles?

~ Is Muhammad the "Comforter" of John 14 and 16?

~ Are the Torah and Injil LOST?

and many others.

I think it's a bit more funny that people who have had nothing to share of mutual benefit are the ones crying that pilgrim.1 has been "attacking", "assailing", "criticizing", and "violently tongue lashing" Catholics! grin

Could I please ask that you guys try (at least, "try"wink to let God speak to you rather than cushion yourselves on the same issues that you have not been able to coherently defend with Biblical integrity?

lawyer:

No pun intended!

Lol. . . never mind - I've always enjoyed a good crack. grin

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2007
Oby1:

My parish will be having the feast of Christ the King and also there will be procession.

What about your parish, is it the same in all parish?

the whole church celebrates the solemnity of Christ the Universal King to mark the end of

the Church's seasonal cycle and begin another (ordinary time with it's colour of green, ends

while advent with purple, begins).

the associated procession is actually in commemoration of Corpus Christi (The Body of Christ),

which feast is really just after the end of the season of easter and in other parts of the world,

the procession is held at this time (sometime around late april to june). but due to our peculiar

climate and weather, it is usually in the rainy season here and we cannot have the procession.

hence the shift to some time around november when the season is dry but not too dry to make it

inconvenient also.

the procession is done at the level of various parishes with the Bishop, Priest or Deacon

carrying the Body of Christ in the Monstrance (a vessel for carrying the Host in procession),

while the faithfuls either lead or follow in line singing, praying, dancing and generally

proclaiming Christ (yes, Christ O and not Mary) as our universal king.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:03pm On Nov 15, 2007
The Christ the King as usual will be celebrated and there will be Procession but personally, I find it difficult to join any procession. I know I will attend mass but the Procession has been a problem to me. I can’t explain why. If any procession should be after mass, I go home immediately after that very mass, but if it’s going to be before mass, I go to the church and wait for them. All the same, I don’t feel happy missing the procession.

However, I go to any Parish I meet up with their time and worship there. No special Parish as regards to where I worship. Though, I have one in mind as my Parish.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2007
ebos,

i understand you. but i can assure you the benefits to reap from a procession is infinite.

what can be more fulfulling than walking in procession with Jesus in your midst and

proclaiming to all and sundry the presence of Emmanuel, "God with us" in person.

i get lazy myself when i think about joining the procession, but since i started

attending, while in school, i can hardly stay a year without attending. you just try

and follow through you'd be amazed what you learn from it also.

one year i saw a crippled boy in a wheelchair being pushed by his sister and tears

almost came to my eyes for i had not wanted to partake that time cos i was tired after

the mass. but this same children had been at that mass too.

ebos, give it a try this year and i bet you'll never want to miss it again.

Ave Maria, Spes nostra,

Ora Pro Nobis. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Betty605: 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2007
yeah!!!!, i am standing!!!!!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2007
Betty605:

yeah!!!!, i am standing!!!!!!

standing on Mary abi? Its not new really and would obviously not be shocking if you tell us that Mary is the rock of your salvation afterall your popes have said categorically that she is the SAVIOUR OF THE PEOPLE OF ROME! Okay may be SAVIOUR of the ROMANS and not NIGERIANS! undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2007
@Carlosein,

Right now, I witness a problem. Was the crippled boy involved in the Procession? If yes, then I must tell you that the story of the crippled boy in a wheelchair has put my moral instinct in shackle. So, I have to reconsider some kind of positive actions that may come out of the Procession, Maybe, I have to respond by participating as you said. I pray nothing will hold me back any longer. I mean by the grace of God I will not remain bystander again especially this coming one.

Though, every past Procession, I tried not to be onlooker, but I feel powerless to address the situation. Indeed, the observer phenomenon is an unseen disease I can’t explain the cause, but I must fight against it. Honestly, I’m ever willing to participate.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2007
Today’s Saint 16/11/07

St. Margaret of Scotland (1050?-1093)

Margaret of Scotland was a truly liberated woman in the sense that she was free to be herself. For her, that meant freedom to love God and serve others.

Margaret was not Scottish by birth. She was the daughter of Princess Agatha of Hungary and the Anglo-Saxon Prince Edward Atheling. She spent much of her youth in the court of her great-uncle, the English king, Edward the Confessor. Her family fled from William the Conqueror and was shipwrecked off the coast of Scotland. King Malcolm befriended them and was captivated by the beautiful, gracious Margaret. They were married at the castle of Dunfermline in 1070.

Malcolm was good-hearted, but rough and uncultured, as was his country. Because of Malcolm’s love for Margaret, she was able to soften his temper, polish his manners and help him become a virtuous king. He left all domestic affairs to her and often consulted her in state matters.

Margaret tried to improve her adopted country by promoting the arts and education. For religious reform, she instigated synods and was present for the discussions which tried to correct religious abuses common among priests and others, such as simony, usury and incestuous marriages. With her husband, she founded several churches.

Margaret was not only a queen, but a mother. She and Malcolm had six sons and two daughters. Margaret personally supervised their religious instruction and their other studies.

Although she was very much caught up in the affairs of the household and country, she remained detached from the world. Her private life was austere. She had certain times for prayer and reading Scripture. She ate sparingly and slept little in order to have time for devotions. She and Malcolm kept two Lents, one before Easter and one before Christmas. During these times she always rose at midnight for Mass. On the way home she would wash the feet of six poor persons and give them alms. She was always surrounded by beggars in public and never refused them. It is recorded that she never sat down to eat without first feeding nine orphans and 24 adults.

In 1093, King William Rufus made a surprise attack on Alnwick castle. King Malcolm and his oldest son, Edward, were killed. Margaret, already on her deathbed, died four days after her husband.

"When [Margaret] spoke, her conversation was with the salt of wisdom. When she was silent, her silence was filled with good thoughts. So thoroughly did her outward bearing correspond with the staidness of her character that it seemed as if she has been born the pattern of a virtuous life" (Turgot, St. Margaret's confessor).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Ebos

I wish i will be around to attend the procession.
Ebos you have to shake yourself up and join in the procession if you know you are free. If that crippled fellow with his condition can join in the procession, talk more of you who has complete legs (or are you crippled?) I know you are not.

So shake off those lazy bones and get up to praise, worship, reverence and adore Christ our King on that very special day.

I just pray i will be able to make it, because of the programme i have to attend.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Carlos
I know you will b dir, seems u r more serious than Ebos in church activities. So we have to commit Ebos into God's hands asking him to grant him strength and Zeal in serving him seriously.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2007
ebos,

am with you all the way. who knows, we just might be in the same procession wink

i recall the year 1999, in the peak of the northern sharia palaver, i was in Katsina during the Corpus Christi

procession and i joined in, not knowing what might become of us at any moment during the procession.

but guess what we merely went round the church compound, along a straight road, made a u-turn along

the same road, back to the church. it lasted just 20mins or so.

boy was i dissapointed. i, who was used to long processions, (from u.i to adamasingba stadium in ibadan).

we could barely sing aloud (maybe due to fear or something), but i looked back with nostalgia at those long

processions where those in front would be at samonda while the stragglers would still be within u.i campus.

@oby, everyone should join in proclaiming Jesus as our universal King. wink, am already making my plans to be

there, just need to decide which of the various parishes to attend.

on a more serious note, no one seems to be answering my question concerning flylide.

God help us to be daring for your sake. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2007
Its now very clear that even the apparitions of Mary that many have laid claim unto have been proven to be false. It is not the mary of the bible. Its Satan in disguise. Do not believe me, check it out yourselves.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Oby1
So, you don’t want to make out chance and join the Procession?  Haba, I hope you are not trying to avoid the Procession now?  After the Procession, we will ask those that attend the Procession to tell us in this forum.  No excuse o! grin 

Meanwhile, I’m very serious, only that at times I can’t understand my problem and it has been against my wish to slack in any church activity.  All the same, my bones are as strong as, but you all can still go ahead and commit me into God’s hands.

@Carlosein,

Everyone should join – it seems Oby want to excuse herself .  She said, “if I’m chanced I will attend.”  Don’t you think it is taking excuse in advance when the need for such excuse is not yet known? grin  As for Flylide, no one can tell of her. 

Where is Viee?  Where has she gone?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:16pm On Nov 16, 2007
@ebos

if taking a count of those who participated in the procession will help, then i am game.

(i hope i will not fail o grin). oby you hear?

cgift:

Its now very clear that even the apparitions of Mary that many have laid claim unto have been proven to be false. It is not the mary of the bible. Its Satan in disguise. Do not believe me, check it out yourselves.

very clear, proven

na wa o undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2007
that's true, where is viee?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
Ok, lets see those who will attend, i pray ebos won't dissappoint.

vieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, and flyflydeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, where una dey oooooooooo
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Carlos
if taking a count of those who participated in the procession will help, then i am game.

Then u must be ready to see how u can divide yourself and come to all the parish and make the count that is to see if Ebos and others attend. grin

Lawyer what about you?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:28pm On Nov 16, 2007
Just need only the date and I will put it down. I'm going to avoid any friend(s) that may prevent me from joining the Procession. I will make sure no friend sees me that day, this will prevent any discusion that may distract me. It's now, let's see who will attend. I need the date but if you guys don't know the date - it's not going to be a problem to me. I will find out the date from other Catholics around me.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
ebos, it should be the sunday after next (25th).

i dey watch you o.

oby, don't worry i dey all over wink wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Betty605: 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
cgift:

standing on Mary abi? Its not new really and would obviously not be shocking if you tell us that Mary is the rock of your salvation afterall your popes have said categorically that she is the SAVIOUR OF THE PEOPLE OF ROME! Okay may be SAVIOUR of the ROMANS and not NIGERIANS! undecided

TATAFO!!!, HU WAS TALKING TO YOU!!!, ITS MY BELIEF NOT URS!!BESIDES WAT ARE YOU DOING DEGRADING SOMEONE'S BELIEF, ARE YouINSECURE ABOUT URS!!!, THE TOPIC CLEARLY SAYS IN QUOTE "glory to Jesus,Honour to Mary!! All the real Catholics please stand up!", so if i sed i was standing how doz it affect u, AM I BLOCKING YOUR VIEW,
GO Look for summin else to do with your time aite!!!, PEACE oh by d way I'M STILL STANDING!!!
cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2007
Today’s Saint 19.11.07
St. Agnes of Assisi 1197-1253

Agnes was the sister of St. Clare and her first follower. When Agnes left home two weeks after Clare’s departure, their family attempted to bring Agnes back by force. They tried to drag her out of the monastery, but all of a sudden her body became so heavy that several knights could not budge it. Her uncle Monaldo tried to strike her but was temporarily paralyzed. The knights then left Agnes and Clare in peace.

Agnes matched her sister in devotion to prayer and in willingness to endure the strict penances which characterized their lives at San Damiano. In 1221 a group of Benedictine nuns in Monticelli (near Florence) asked to become Poor Clares. St. Francis sent Agnes to become abbess of that monastery. Agnes soon wrote a rather sad letter about how much she missed Clare and the other nuns at San Damiano. After establishing other Poor Clare monasteries in northern Italy, Agnes was recalled to San Damiano in 1253 when Clare was dying.

Agnes followed Clare in death three months later. Agnes was canonized in 1753.

Charles de Foucald, founder of the Little Brothers and Sisters of Jesus, said: "One must pass through solitude and dwell in it to receive God’s grace. It is there that one empties oneself, that one drives before oneself all that is not God, and that one completely empties this little house of our soul to leave room for God alone. In doing this, do not fear being unfaithful toward creatures. On the contrary, that is the only way for you to serve them effectively" (Raphael Brown, Franciscan Mystic, p. 126).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2007
Thank God is 25th this Sunday, i will be able to make it. Carlos get ur pen & paper ready to take d roll call.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by owel: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2007
bow or no bow , i honour Blessed mother mary infact i worship her, when Elizabeth mother of John the baptist saw mary when she came to visit, Elizabeth went low and praised mother mary saying hail mary full of grace the lord is with blessed are thou among women and blessed it the friut of your womb. and bible recorded that the baby in the womb of Elizabth left up 4 joy. luke 14 will tell u the remaining story. u protentian ur church they preach go. na Christ love a cheerful giver
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2007
Oby1:

Thank God is 25th this Sunday, i will be able to make it. Carlos get your pen & paper ready to take d roll call.

this is great news and am already counting.

oby, carlos, em who next?

Betty605:

TATAFO!!!, HU WAS TALKING TO YOU!!!, ITS MY BELIEF NOT URS!!
BESIDES WAT ARE YOU DOING DEGRADING SOMEONE'S BELIEF, ARE You
INSECURE ABOUT URS!!!, THE TOPIC CLEARLY SAYS IN QUOTE "glory to Jesus,
Honour to Mary!! All the real Catholics please stand up!", so if i sed i was standing how doz it affect u, AM I BLOCKING YOUR VIEW,
GO Look for summin else to do with your time aite!!!, PEACE oh by d way I'M STILL STANDING!!! cool

@betty,

abeg no vex yourself for nothing. leave them be. just concentrate on the more positive

virtue of loving rather than hating.

i acknowledge your standing o grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2007
The server has been disappointing since today
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2007
Carlosein please help talk to Betty602.  She needs not to waste her energy with people who have been brainwashed.  As far as Christianity is concerned, we have only one Church and that Church is Catholic – no other one.  The rest are money making ventures.  The self-acclaimed anointed men of God are Business Tycoons who run Private Limited Companies in the name of Church.  Soon, they will start inviting members of the public to come and subscribe shares.  I call them companies because to use the word Church is to elevate them.   I don’t take those Businessmen who call themselves Pastors serious.  When the chips are down, they will count on Catholic.  My sister, avoid the argument, just allow them to continue sinking.  You have to stand firm and you owe nobody any apology.

@Oby1,

As Carlosein will be taking the roll call, you too will be doing the surveillance to ensure Carlosein enter the real people that will participate.  I shall participate and you guys have to put others in prayer at least to have chance that very day.  Chance may be another obstacle.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Betty605: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2007
@carlosein and ebos

you are both rite(but y is it only christians that are catholics
that get all this criticism though, gosh, y can't they just keep itto themselves and let God be the judge), Thanks anyway Guys, grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mazaje(m): 1:20am On Nov 20, 2007
Religion Chie! why all the fighting and bickering on something that was founded out of the fear of the many and the cleaverness of a few? na wah.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:05am On Nov 20, 2007
Glory to Jesus!!!
Honour to our blessed Mother Mary

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (155) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.