Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,083 members, 7,909,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 04:10 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120292 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mamaput(f): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2007
please go and googel our lady of Fatima
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debojyde(m): 8:11pm On Nov 09, 2007
mamaput:

please go and googel our lady of Fatima

Please go and read your BIBLE.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 3:16am On Nov 10, 2007
r u guys really obsessed with the RCC or what? You guys eat, drink and sleep Rcc in your dreams. You wake up in the morning, the first thing is to post an obnoxious statement on the Rcc thread and before you sleep, the same thing. Me thinks you guys are unhappy with the state of your gregarious comments that doesnt make an average catholic flinch to leave the Rcc and you come up with more venomenous posts.

All of you all fly under the radar and criticize at will without even dropping a whimper of what denomination you worship in. Everything is " the pope is this, the bishops are that, mary is not blessed, the word of GOD is the only thing to read, blah blah blah, it's sounding like a broken record these days and your ingenuity is totally lacking. You talk as if you read the bible alone in your rooms all day without attending your place of worship. Why are you guys afraid of posting where you worship? the fact catholics openly identify themselves in public is making your stomach churn and you guys dont have the temerity to even say " oh i belong to this church and my pastor has been so good today and he preached about blah blah blah"

Yes you know so much about the catholic church even better than the vatican, why dont you just pay attention to your own affairs of your church more often instead of you guys always poke nosing to see what one catholic has posted today so as to make feeble and obtuse comments about it.

Your endless battles with the Rcc faithfuls wont make an average catholic move a muscle to satisfy you because i think most of you are cowards that are ashamed of the progress of your churches and you know your movements or churches wont ever come close to a fraction of the catholic faithfuls world wide with Naija in particular in focus.

Yes we are rich according to the catholic haters and the pope is amongst the most powerful and influential people in the world. You can trace all the moneys all you want and all the percieved injustices and statements of the Rcc to 1254 for all i care. You can make references to the bible that the vatican is the anti christ and the monster with 7 heads or sitting on 7 hills for all i care. It still doesnt change anything because you guys are cowards and you make your puny organizations that you call churches look mediocre in the eyes of the ever expanding catholic movement .

Your jealousy would never outstand me. Everything is always a quote from the bible to contradict the Rcc. Okay tell us where you go and fellowship then? Do you wake up every sunday and just read your bibles in your rooms till dusk alone? Of course i dont expect any of you protestant weaklings to dare mention where you worship because your also afraid of the heat and bullets you might recieve, so you hide behind your P.c's and spew insolence on catholic faithfuls and demonize them because your the holy ones with the key to heaven.

I dare any of you if you have the tinest bit of courage or liver to attempt to tell us where you worship and boldly put it on the map. I know you wont because it's not in your nature to be proud of your church, that's even if you have one but for you to be extremely obsessed with the catholic church. You guys that lurk around catholic threads are nothing short of catholic closets who scan the internet every minute on everything catholic to post your bloviates and forgetting you do have church meetings or fellowiships of your churches to attend. Keep on the good work and help the catholic threads become the most popular thread with all your criticism, at least you could be awarded the best poster without a church award after 50 years of repeating the same old and dull mantras that we are used to.

Quick refresher course for you in case your bored and you want to replay these dull and boring re-runs of your anti catholic sitcoms :

1. Catholics arent going anywhere and we wouldnt diminish or obliterate as you hope and wish for in your dreams, instead, we would continue to multiple and possible take over your neighbourhood soon. So be prepared to shift your shackels you call churches to somewhere remote in Afghanistan.

2. The popes aint going anywhere, and they would continue to say statements that would make your spleen rupture and make the hearts of Rcc faithfuls gladden. So you better live with it or jump into the brooklyn bridge for all i care.

3. Your not God and not my saviour. So your quotations and references from google and wikipedia insulting the Rcc are just rantings of an ant to me. Instead of you thinking of how you would save your self and Go to heaven, your taking panadol on another person's headache as if we begged you.

4. The best one is that, the Rcc has always held Mary in high esteem for centuries despite all the protests of your seniors and elders in the struggle right from the lutherians to the calvinists down to you and after your dead and gone, the Rcc would still stand taller than all of you and your dead freedom anti-catholic fighters. So why struggle to fight a feeble battle when you know that it is obvious you cant win? Your rantings will always be ignored and dismissed with a wave of the hand and if you like rant till your 120 years and train your children to take over your battles. It wont change anything.

Maybe you guys are so sad about your membership not exceeding a certain few thousands and when you look next door at catholics, they surpass the billion man mark and your not even close to surpassing the congregation of a state in the north sef.

Maybe it hurts so much that despite the fact that we dont proclaim miracles as part of our doctrines, you dont see anything good in it because you need that phoney sense of security that the moon will change colour or that the cripples in sabo would begin to do the moon walk.

Maybe it's because we dont use the holy ghost fire to burn down our enemies as you might want us to do by proclaiming Holy ghost fire burn , fire burn as our daily prayer

Maybe it's because we dont pretend that we are not as intellectually superior to you guys in the art of speaking in tongues and becoming experts in linguist affairs over night because we havent been touched by the holy ghost that burns.

Or maybe you really pissed at the pope or priests for being people who deliever the sermons strictly and are not famed fancy dressed motivational speakers.

Or maybe we arent that rich for us to colonize t.v stations to advertise the Rcc on every available prime time network, because honestly am losing count and i dont know who is who? Whatever happened to the idahosa and reverend king churches Or have the members switched churches again

Or maybe we dont just switch churches like changing diapers all in the name of finding that elusive pastor to teach us the word of God.

Or maybe the highlight of a regular catholic church isnt the casting away of weekly demons that possesses only protestants on sundays. This must really piss of non catholics because i'll pay top naira to watch this reality t.v series in your church. I know it's too boring for you to just sit and listen to the gospel without any side ways comedy or action sequel.

Or just maybe, you would continue to be in the minority and it makes your heart bleed so bad because you would always be second best and never catch up with the catholics. Tut tut what a shame! Well if you cant beat them join them. If you cant join them then kindly face your own matters quietly because i believe the reasons catholics have maintained a stoic silence and have ignored all of you this while is because you have a trump card of knowning who the catholic members are and you guys are acting like a faceless militia with no identity except your keyboards as you weapon.

Once again i dare any of you spineless anti catholic posters to state where you come from and where you worship and see if you can really survive the hurricane Rcc that awaits you. Enjoy it while it lasts until one of you becomes the sacrificial lamb to reveal his or her church and you would really see that holyghost fire that you desperately want to roast you come to life!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debojyde(m): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2007
Dude, nobody gets saved just by the church they attend. It,s by reading and following what is in the word of God a.k.a the Bible. Correct me if i,m wrong.

For the record, i attend Redeem Christian church of God.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2007
lawyer:

r u guys really obsessed with the RCC or what? You guys eat, drink and sleep Rcc in your dreams. You wake up in the morning, the first thing is to post an obnoxious statement on the Rcc thread and before you sleep, the same thing.

Whatever it is you think, its your own opinion. No body is obsessed with the RCC. We are just passionate about the truth and of course enemies to errancy and dubiousness all in the name of religion. No one will gleefully allow fallacies to be circulated all in the name of Christ to the over 85% of the billions of innocent Catholics souls who do not know the duplicity of their leaders. Me think that clarity of purpose is very essential in this race of Christianity and when I say clarity I mean fully knowing what the dogmas of your religion really are. We are adept at correcting misinformation and errors passing on as doctrines esepcailly when viewed in the light of the scriptures. Nobody has a monoploy of knowledge but thanks be to God, we have a guide. The bible says, His words are a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. My dear friend, we need to rightly divide the Word of the Truth as stated in 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

lawyer:

All of you all fly under the radar and criticize at will without even dropping a whimper of what denomination you worship in. Everything is " the pope is this, the bishops are that, mary is not blessed, the word of GOD is the only thing to read, blah blah blah, it's sounding like a broken record these days and your ingenuity is totally lacking. You talk as if you read the bible alone in your rooms all day without attending your place of worship. Why are you guys afraid of posting where you worship? the fact catholics openly identify themselves in public is making your stomach churn and you guys don't have the temerity to even say " oh i belong to this church and my pastor has been so good today and he preached about blah blah blah"

We are particularly interested in the leadership because that is the heart of any movement including the RCC ship. Unfortunately, you will agree with me that the leadership has sold out! You have seen the very many deviations from the norm of your leadership. If the head is rotten, the whole body is. Because you have not taken time to prayerfully study your leadership, you have swallowed so many poisionous pills which unfortunately has migled extensively with your blood and has become very hard to cleanse from your system. The light of this intersting discourse is to weigh the truthfulness and 'scripturalness' of the RCC doctrines and not to ridicule anyone or anything. I do not catch any fun ridiculing anyone except someone who has refused to accept the truth in the ace of hard and damming evidences. Then you know that the person is just being mischievious.

But how does our own worship centres come in? I dont think that is necessary. There are thousands of churches today. So tell me, how are you supposed to know where and how to 'attack' me if you have never even heard of the name of my church let alone knowing what we teach? Would that add any feather to your cap? I dont think so. My Church is [b]Evangelical Church of New Jerusalem [/b]in Ikorodu Lagos for instance. Now, where do you start from? The name? The location? I dont understand. What is that to you then? You perhaps what to ask me what our tenets are?

lawyer:

Yes you know so much about the catholic church even better than the vatican, why don't you just pay attention to your own affairs of your church more often instead of you guys always poke nosing to see what one catholic has posted today so as to make feeble and obtuse comments about it.

Your endless battles with the Rcc faithfuls wont make an average catholic move a muscle to satisfy you because i think most of you are cowards that are ashamed of the progress of your churches and you know your movements or churches wont ever come close to a fraction of the catholic faithfuls world wide with Naija in particular in focus.

There is strength in numbers but dont be deceived, numbers do not move God be bit. He is LOVE but he cares less to destroy a whole nation if they do not do His bidding. You remember Moses? God told him in Exodus 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. God was ready to destroy the whole nation. He actually did it to Sodom and Gomorrah. The message is clear: God aint moved by your numbers.

To the main cux of your quote, you dare to call biblical truths feeble? Hope you are not relegating the bible to the background. Tell us bodly too that all our references from the scriptures are feeble. God knows the number of people that have converted from Catholicism having read these dicsourse. God knows the number of people whom the shame acts and double-faced nature of the RCC leadership has turned away from the Catholic fold. God knows the number of people He has ministereted to in their hearts to leave catholicism. God knows the open disdain your leadership have for anything called the Word of God. God knows countless priests who have been anathmised and excommunicated from Catholicism for a simple thing such as this small narration:

He was told to swear an oath to his bishop that He would obey his superiors under all circumstances. He did write but added this phrase: in as much as the directives of my superiors are in the light of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Chist. Go and ask your priests why the Chruch would excommunicate a priest for that simple reason and they would tell you that it is protestant!

Our zeal is just like this: 2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

What we have tried to show is that your leaders have rided on the simplicity of the gospel to introduce several things and have landed in 2 Corinthians 11:2 : 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. - another gospel.

lawyer:

Yes we are rich according to the catholic haters and the pope is amongst the most powerful and influential people in the world. You can trace all the moneys all you want and all the percieved injustices and statements of the Rcc to 1254 for all i care. You can make references to the bible that the vatican is the anti christ and the monster with 7 heads or sitting on 7 hills for all i care. It still doesnt change anything because you guys are cowards and you make your puny organizations that you call churches look mediocre in the eyes of the ever expanding catholic movement .

Your jealousy would never outstand me. Everything is always a quote from the bible to contradict the Rcc. Okay tell us where you go and fellowship then? Do you wake up every sunday and just read your bibles in your rooms till dusk alone? Of course i don't expect any of you protestant weaklings to dare mention where you worship because your also afraid of the heat and bullets you might recieve, so you hide behind your P.c's and spew insolence on catholic faithfuls and demonize them because your the holy ones with the key to heaven.

Most of this was gotten from the Inquisition - anathemising people, excommunicating them and confiscating their properties becase they refused to chant "Ave Maria" or believe in the Eucharist etc, I dont think I will be happy about that if I were you. FYI, it is the RCC that has set itself on a collission cause with Christ's Gospel. You need to check that and honestly too.

All the other outburst of yours are just outbursts but that would not lighten up your burden of trying to defend the indefensible. How do you identify and check error? What do you do if you cant stop it? Live with it? I would rather not.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2007
@debojyde

debojyde:

Dude, nobody gets saved just by the church they attend. It,s by reading and following what is in the word of God a.k.a the Bible. Correct me if i,m wrong.

For the record, i attend Redeem Christian church of God.

you try, since you asked to be corrected: what happens to the 1billion plus people (at least) in the world

who can not read and therefore can not follow?

and don't you mean Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

and madam cgift, which church you dey attend now, u been no tell us.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Josaphat (1580?-1623)

In 1967, newspaper photos of Pope Paul VI embracing Athenagoras I, the Orthodox patriarch of Constantinople, marked a significant step toward the healing of a division in Christendom that has spanned nine centuries.

In 1595, when today’s saint was a boy, the Orthodox bishop of Brest-Litovsk (famous in World War I) in Belarus and five other bishops representing millions of Ruthenians, sought reunion with Rome. John Kunsevich (Josaphat became his name in religious life) was to dedicate his life and suffer his death in the same cause. Born in what was then Poland, he went to work in Wilno and was influenced by clergy adhering to the Union of Brest (1596). He became a Basilian monk, then a priest, and soon was well known as a preacher and as an ascetic.

He became bishop of Vitebsk (now in Russia) at a relatively young age, and faced a difficult situation. Most monks, fearing interference in liturgy and customs, did not want union with Rome. By synods, catechetical instruction, reform of the clergy and personal example, however, Josaphat was successful in winning the greater part of the Orthodox in that area to the union.

But the next year a dissident hierarchy was set up, and his opposite number spread the accusation that Josaphat had "gone Latin" and that all his people would have to do the same. He was not enthusiastically supported by the Latin bishops of Poland.

Despite warnings, he went to Vitebsk, still a hotbed of trouble. Attempts were made to foment trouble and drive him from the diocese: A priest was sent to shout insults to him from his own courtyard. When Josaphat had him removed and shut up in his house, the opposition rang the town hall bell, and a mob assembled. The priest was released, but members of the mob broke into the bishop’s home. He was struck with a halberd, then shot and his body thrown into the river. It was later recovered and is now buried at St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. He was the first saint of the Eastern Church to be canonized by Rome.

His death brought a movement toward Catholicism and unity, but the controversy continued, and the dissidents, too, had their martyr. After the partition of Poland, the Russians forced most Ruthenians to join the Russian Orthodox Church.

"Jesus has chosen us for himself; we belong to him. Let us be so convinced to this belonging that we do not allow anything, however small, to separate us from this belonging-from this love". Mother Teresa of Calcutta.

PRAYER
Thank you, Holy Spirit, that you uphold the church! We praise you because you are close to those being persecuted. You give us teh privilege in comforting others just as you comfort them in their suffering. AMEN
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2007
Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary.

At least I was able to trade Forex 12 consecutive times today without recording a single loss. God is doing it for me, I don't have to be a non-Catholic before getting the blessings from God - (the profit in forex). It is to the glory of God that I'm making some good pips.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2007
Trade more! brother
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2007
Thank you my sister.

I'm even making more pips after my last post. It's better for them to divert the hating to something reasonable where they can easily make over N10,000 a day just behind their PCs. It's possible and risky if you don't know it well.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2007
It's quite risky without good knowledge, thats why i am relenting going for it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2007
It's very risk if you don't know it. It can speedily level your Account. Learn it very well, and start the virtual or demo trading for months (3-5 months) before going for live trading.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2007
i will try
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2007
Carlosein:

and madam cgift, which church you dey attend now, u been no tell us.

That means you do not take time to read through people's rejoinders. I stated my church therein but what has that got to do with you? Will you detail men to come and do some uncover for sometime and give you feedbacks? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)

Frances Xavier Cabrini was the first United States citizen to be canonized. Her deep trust in the loving care of her God gave her the strength to be a valiant woman doing the work of Christ.

Refused admission to the religious order which had educated her to be a teacher, she began charitable work at the House of Providence Orphanage in Cadogno, Italy. In September 1877, she made her vows there and took the religious habit.

When the bishop closed the orphanage in 1880, he named Frances prioress of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart. Seven young women from the orphanage joined with her.

Since her early childhood in Italy, Frances had wanted to be a missionary in China but, at the urging of Pope Leo XIII, Frances went west instead of east. She traveled with six sisters to New York City to work with the thousands of Italian immigrants living there.

She found disappointment and difficulties with every step. When she arrived in New York City, the house intended to be her first orphanage in the United States was not available. The archbishop advised her to return to Italy. But Frances, truly a valiant woman, departed from the archbishop’s residence all the more determined to establish that orphanage. And she succeeded.

In 35 years Frances Xavier Cabrini founded 67 institutions dedicated to caring for the poor, the abandoned, the uneducated and the sick. Seeing great need among Italian immigrants who were losing their faith, she organized schools and adult education classes.

As a child, she was always frightened of water, unable to overcome her fear of drowning. Yet, despite this fear, she traveled across the Atlantic Ocean more than 30 times. She died of malaria in her own Columbus Hospital in Chicago.

At her canonization on July 7, 1946, Pius XII said, "Although her constitution was very frail, her spirit was endowed with such singular strength that, knowing the will of God in her regard, she permitted nothing to impede her from accomplishing what seemed beyond the strength of a woman."
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY (First reading of today Wisdom 2:23 - 3:9)
In the eyes of the unwise, they did appear to die, but they are in peace

One of the best ways to stifle a conversation is to start talking about death.
Death is considered a taboo topic because it is a subject which most people prefer to ignore.  Scripture, however, does not skirt the issue of death.  Considering death, we are told, is the only way we can recognize our human limitations.

We "imitate death" when we break with the desires of our flesh.  Eternal life is the heritage of every Christain.  We can know the reality of God in our lives, if we believe in him and his promises, we will not become so preoccupied with this world that we neglect to prepare our souls for passage out of it.

PRAYER:
Lord Jesus, I thank you to today for the gift of life. Let my heart be turned toward you.  Help me to die and rise with you each day so that as i come to know true life now, i will desire it for all eternity".

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
We can tell him all the secrets of our heart, disclosing our want and misery to him who alone can remedy them and saying:
"O friend of my heart, she whom you love is sick.  Visit and heal me, for I well know that you cannot love me and yet leave me alone in my distress." St. Margaret Mary Alacoque.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2007
@ebos,

ebos:

At least I was able to trade Forex 12 consecutive times today without recording a single loss. God is doing it for me, I don't have to be a non-Catholic before getting the blessings from God - (the profit in forex). It is to the glory of God that I'm making some good pips.

Hehe. . grin My dear ebos, I deliberately excused myself from this thread to allow you guys show your stuff! I'm sorry to say that the replies I've read so far are as confused as when we began - and that quote up there is a classic example of Catholic bloviates!

It's true: you don't have to be a "non-Catholic" before you could trade Forex successfully (afterall, there are loads of training kits written and developed by "non-Catholics" in the trade which have proven highly successful!). grin

Besides that, there are hundreds of thousands of non-Catholics who are highly successful in Forex trading - and I could bet that your "Catholic" Forex trading is not only with fellow "Catholics". . . more than likely, your success rate depends on your trading with non-Catholics!! grin

Do you want more? Hehe. . grin

Bros, this your hilarious "defence" was a waste! Cease from your whining and open your Bible! You may successfully record 12 consecutive trading without a loss (like the 12 Catholic litanies to the 12 apostles). . . but if you dare record a single loss in the WORD of God, hmm. . na colossal loss be dat! Gbam! grin

]1 John 5:21-- Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2007
@Oby1
Go ahead and learn the Forex of a thing, but you have to be daring when the trend moves against you. I know you will make it after intensive virtual trading (practice). Even today, I was able to enter market 23 times and had 18 wining and 5 losses. It's still by the grace of God.

However, it seems some people are gradually shifting toward market square? God forbid
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 5:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
ebos:

However, it seems some people are gradually shifting toward market square? God forbid

Lol. . . go through again and find out who has been introducing the "market" into this thread! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
hi all, no one answered my question concerning flylyde

please any info will be appreciated.

Ave Maria, Spes nostra,

Ora Pro Nobis. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 8:32am On Nov 14, 2007
@pilgrim

I thought we had a parley and you would refrainto an extent from attacking anything catholic or otherwise that doesnt conform with ur standards? Why this sudden back lash at ebos's forex statements and linking it with catholicism? From his post, i saw his refrence to non catholics as a bland figure of speech that wasnt meant to hurt anyone.

Please refrain from all these attacks and keep ur promise to be a little nicer on this board wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:26am On Nov 14, 2007
@Ebos
Go ahead and learn the Forex of a thing, but you have to be daring when the trend moves against you. I know you will make it after intensive virtual trading (practice). Even today, I was able to enter market 23 times and had 18 wining and 5 losses. It's still by the grace of God.

I already have the virtual trading (practise) in my system, which i practise with, but is not enough someone has to be putting you thru.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 9:38am On Nov 14, 2007
Hi @lawyer,

lawyer:

@pilgrim

I thought we had a parley and you would refrainto an extent from attacking anything catholic or otherwise that doesnt conform with your standards?

Actually, I've been away from the Forum for a while to attend to some pressing issues. However, I also refrained for a while to simply allow you guys some air to demonstrate exactly what you suppose we have been engaged in discussing. I found that you didn't quite capture the gist of the discussions and had taken the unfortunate detour of assuming far-fetched inferences.

Let me help you here, lawyer:

(a) my discussions are not a matter of my personal standards - it has never been and will not be. This is why I have refused hitherto to oblige anyone the idea that it is a denominational issue (Catholics and Baptists or Anglicans or Presbyterians or Pentecostals, etc).

(b) rather, it has always been more a matter of BIBLICAL truth - nothing more, nothing less.

The problem with Catholics is that they often see everything through the lenses of "Catholicism"; and there is nothing that stupefies the RCC 'faithfuls' more than the simple request to read the Bible!

If this has been merely an effort to bend anyone's neck to pilgrim.1's 'standards', it would definitely be no problem at all for Catholics to open the Bible and then lead me through its divine pages to point out where I was gravely mistaken. Failing to do so does not esablish the idea that the discussions were merely an exercise to project my personal standards.

Again, it comes across to us that where Catholics have not been able to hold their grounds with Biblical integrity, they often resort to the idea that non-Catholic contributions and observations are "attacking" their faith. Such complaints do not take away from the FACT that Catholicism is a huge departure from the WORD of God - and it might be interesting to see how you would assume that God Himself was "attacking" the Catholic church when He asks people to "come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins" (Revelation 18:4).

lawyer:

Why this sudden back lash at ebos's forex statements and linking it with catholicism? From his post, i saw his refrence to non catholics as a bland figure of speech that wasnt meant to hurt anyone.

Please go back and read his post again. I have been silently following the thread and deliberately stayed away from it for a while. I'm not the one linking ebos' forex statement with catholicism - and if he wanted to discuss the former, what was the big idea behind his mentioning 'non-catholic' thereto? My replies were not meant to hurt him or anyone else; and more than anything else, they were meant to sanitize this childish penchant of catholics always seeking to link issues to catholicism.

lawyer:

Please refrain from all these attacks and keep your promise to be a little nicer on this board wink

I'm not "attacking" anyone; and being "nice" does not mean I should refrain from telling the truth that Catholics pretend are non-existent. The only way I know how to be "nice" is to share Biblical truth without compromise and pray God's blessings upon anyone who reads them. If my inputs are flawed, it would be my utmost joy to see people point them out from the same BIBLE.

All the same, many thanks for yours - and I trust your day would be blessed for the singular glory and honour of Christ Jesus our Lord. wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:38am On Nov 14, 2007
b]Today's Saint[/b]

St. Gertrude (1256?-1302)

Gertrude, a Benedictine nun in Helfta (Saxony), was one of the great mystics of the 13th century. Together with her friend and teacher St. Mechtild, she practiced a spirituality called "nuptial mysticism," that is, she came to see herself as the bride of Christ. Her spiritual life was a deep personal union with Jesus and his Sacred Heart, leading her into the very life of the Trinity.

But this was no individualistic piety. Gertrude lived the rhythm of the liturgy, where she found Christ. In the liturgy and Scripture, she found the themes and images to enrich and express her piety. There was no clash between her personal prayer life and the liturgy.

"Lord, you have granted me your secret friendship by opening the sacred ark of your divinity, your deified heart, to me in so many ways as to be the source of all my happiness; sometimes imparting it freely, sometimes as a special mark of our mutual friendship. You have so often melted my soul with your loving caresses that, if I did not know the abyss of your overflowing condescensions, I should be amazed were I told that even your Blessed Mother had been chosen to receive such extraordinary marks of tenderness and affection" (Adapted from The Life and Revelations of Saint Gertrude).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:51am On Nov 14, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Listen, kings, that you may learn what wisdom is.
In order to live by God's wisdom and be pleasing to him, we must remain on a holy course: "They will be made holy who observe holy things in holiness" (Wisdom 6:10). This means seeking to be faithful to all God's ways as we grow in understanding of him through prayer, through reading and hearing divine truths proclaimed in scripture and the liturgy, through just and loving actions toward others.

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, give us the humility to see our need for God, a thirst to seek him more ardently through prayer and scripture, and the ability to overcome our resistance to him. Help us to recognize and accept the responsibilities God has given us and to carry them out with Justice." AMEN

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
He who finds Jesus finds a treasure, better than all other treasures, and he who loses him lost more than all the world. Thomas a Kempis.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2007
I don’t know any other (Practical) Christianity expected of real Christians except what Catholic Women demonstrated below and many more other Catholic groups have been doing. Though, little it may be when place side by side with God’s blessings we receive each day. Yes, it’s what Christ meant when He said “I was in Prison you visited me, I was naked you clothed me, I was hungry and you gave me food. Now enter into the home of my Father. Not those fake preachers who suck people dry and are not interested to encourage this type of humane in their various domains. They want everything inside their personal pockets.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/nov/14/national-14-11-2007-006.htm
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2007
Hi @ebos,

ebos:

Not those fake preachers who suck people dry and are not interested to encourage this type of humane in their various domains. They want everything inside their personal pockets.

We've been through that part of your worries before - and in just the same way, I posted the issues of "fake" Catholic priests who have done worse things than you accuse them.

Get done with that complaint - for there are many non-Catholic pastors whose hearts are solely for the Lord and the integrity of His WORD.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2007
Oby1:

@Ebos
I already have the virtual trading (practise) in my system, which i practise with, but is not enough someone has to be putting you through.

@Oby1,

It’s true that someone has to put you through. Don’t just jump into it without someone lecturing you to avoid losing a huge amount of money. Again, I know most people only teach about the Indicators, but those Indicators can disappoint easily unless you discover techniques on how to use them together with the Candlestick and other strategies.
Some people can lecture but they can’t make even 15 pips a day. They make there own money lecturing others and when you tell them to trade for you, they loose everything.
Meanwhile, don’t waste your money on those 2-5days Seminars because you will come out empty. Go to the Site (link) stated below and Chat with them and they may give you online training where you can listen to the man explain some certain things. Your PC must have Speakers to enable you hear the man when giving the lectures. The (white) man will offer to assist you, and you have to drop your Phone Number with him to enable him call you back. The company is not my Broker but I’m considering having them as one of my Brokers. We have been in touch base on my previous discussions with him, and you will have $75 Dollars free if you open from $300 Dollars Account and above with them. Nevertheless, you can still open your account with as little as you can afford but I’m not sure you will get the free money again.
Warning! The Stock Exchange Market want to do away with any Broker that has less than $5 Million Dollars Capital Base requirement this month and they are still considering raising it to $20 Million Dollars Capital Base by December ending. Though, the $20 Million Dollars Capital Base requirement may or may not be implemented but that of $5 Million Dollars must be implemented this month. So, this site I’m directing you has over $5 Million Dollars but below $20 million Dollars. You can go to the Site just for learning and opening a Virtual or demo Account, but don’t deposit any money this year. Just to avoid what Wonder Banks did in Nigeria, where people lost their money. Any Broker that survives this year is ok to have as your Broker.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2007
http://www.itradefx.com/forex_broker_contact.aspx To

The above is the Site - if you need to chat the man
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2007
Today's Saint 15/11/07

St. Albert the Great (1206-1280)

Albert the Great was a 13th-century German Dominican who influenced decisively the stance of the Church toward Aristotelian philosophy brought to Europe by the spread of Islam.

Students of philosophy know him as the master of Thomas Aquinas. Albert’s attempt to understand Aristotle’s writings established the climate in which Thomas Aquinas developed his synthesis of Greek wisdom and Christian theology. But Albert deserves recognition on his own merits as a curious, honest and diligent scholar.

He was the eldest son of a powerful and wealthy German lord of military rank. He was educated in the liberal arts. Despite fierce family opposition, he entered the Dominican novitiate.

His boundless interests prompted him to write a compendium of all knowledge: natural science, logic, rhetoric, mathematics, astronomy, ethics, economics, politics and metaphysics. His explanation of learning took 20 years to complete. "Our intention," he said, "is to make all the aforesaid parts of knowledge intelligible to the Latins."

He achieved his goal while serving as an educator at Paris and Cologne, as Dominican provincial and even as bishop of Regensburg for a time. He defended the mendicant orders and preached the Crusade in Germany and Bohemia.

Albert, a Doctor of the Church, is the patron of scientists and philosophers.

"There are some who desire knowledge merely for its own sake; and that is shameful curiosity. And there are others who desire to know, in order that they may themselves be known; and that is vanity, disgraceful too. Others again desire knowledge in order to acquire money or preferment by it; that too is a discreditable quest. But there are also some who desire knowledge, that they may build up the souls of others with it; and that is charity. Others, again, desire it that they may themselves be built up thereby; and that is prudence. Of all these types, only the last two put knowledge to the right use" (St. Bernard, Sermon on the Canticle of Canticles).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2007
@Ebos
Thanks so much for the information i will contact them, but first i hv to get speaker for my system.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2007
My parish will be having the feast of Christ the King and also there will be procession.

What about your parish, is it the same in all parish?

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (155) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2016 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.