Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,053 members, 7,909,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 02:15 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120290 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2007
Hi @lawyer,

lawyer:

@pilgrim

i have delibrately avoided you for a while but i guess it's time to call a "parley" just like jack sparrow did in the pirates of the carribean. It's good talking to you back and on behalf of all the catholics, we accept your apology and look forward to more constructive but less vulgar debates wink

How body? cheesy

I just wanted to take a break to allow my Catholic friends to digest previous entries from me on the many issues you might have read - particularly in reference to MARIOLATRY. As ricadelide mentioned, it is not the only issue in our concerns on the RCC - even though that has been the more recent emphasis in mine.

Glad to read from you again. After my long break, I'll try and find the time to point out a few things in the previous rejoinders you made as well.

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2007
Today's Saint

Venerable Solanus Casey (1870-1957) 

Barney Casey became one of Detroit’s best-known priests even though he was not allowed to preach formally or to hear confessions!

Barney came from a large family in Oak Grove, Wisconsin. At the age of 21, and after he had worked as a logger, a hospital orderly, a streetcar operator and a prison guard, he entered St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee—where he found the studies difficult. He left there and, in 1896, joined the Capuchins in Detroit, taking the name Solanus. His studies for the priesthood were again arduous.

On July 24, 1904, he was ordained, but because his knowledge of theology was judged to be weak, Father Solanus was not given permission to hear confessions or to preach. A Franciscan Capuchin who knew him well said this annoying restriction "brought forth in him a greatness and a holiness that might never have been realized in any other way." During his 14 years as porter and sacristan in Yonkers, New York, the people there recognized him as a fine speaker. "For, though he was forbidden to deliver doctrinal sermons," writes his biographer, James Derum, "he could give inspirational talks, or feverinos, as the Capuchins termed them" (18:96). His spiritual fire deeply impressed his listeners.

Father Solanus served at parishes in Manhattan and Harlem before returning to Detroit, where he was porter and sacristan for 20 years at St. Bonaventure Monastery. Every Wednesday afternoon he conducted well-attended services for the sick. A co-worker estimates that on the average day 150 to 200 people came to see Father Solanus in the front office. Most of them came to receive his blessing; 40 to 50 came for consultation. Many people considered him instrumental in cures and other blessings they received.

Father Solanus’ sense of God’s providence inspired many of his visitors. "Blessed be God in all his designs" was one of his favorite expressions.

The many friends of Father Solanus helped the Capuchins begin a soup kitchen during the Depression. Capuchins are still feeding the hungry there today.

In 1946 in failing health, he was transferred to the Capuchin novitiate in Huntington, Indiana, where he lived until 1956 when he was hospitalized in Detroit. He died on July 31, 1957. An estimated 20,000 people passed by his coffin before his burial in St. Bonaventure Church in Detroit.

At the funeral Mass, Father Gerald, the provincial, said: "His was a life of service and love for people like me and you. When he was not himself sick, he nevertheless suffered with and for you that were sick. When he was not physically hungry, he hungere with people like you. He had a divine love for people. He loved people for what he could do for them —and for God, through them."

In 1960 a Father Solanus Guild was formed in Detroit to aid Capuchin seminarians. By 1967 the guild had 5,000 members—many of them grateful recipients of his practical advice and his comforting assurance that God would not abandon them in their trials. He was declared Venerable in 1995.

Father Maurice Casey, a brother of Father Solanus, was once in a sanitarium near Baltimore and was annoyed at the priest-chaplain there. Father Solanus wrote his brother: "God could have established his Church under supervision of angels that have no faults or weaknesses. But who can doubt that as it stands today, consisting of and under the supervision of poor sinners—successors to the ‘poor fishermen of Galilee’ #151;the Church is a more outstanding miracle than any other way?"
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY (from Today's first Reading)
Rom 11: 32

God has imprisoned all men in their own disobedience only to show mercy to all mankind.

(God allowed a hardening of the Israelites hearts to manifest the glory of his purposes: through their failure it was made plain that salvation was by grace through faith, not by works.  Just as the Gentiles learned of God's mercy through Israel's transgression, Israel would be restored by that same mercy.  How great is our God! His love encompasses all.  He is not overcome by our sin, but works always toward our salvation, even allowing our failures to be occassions for learning about his mercy).

PRAYER
Holy Spirit, you opened St.Paul's mind to the glory of God.  Work in us too; enlighten our darkened minds and reveal ever more clearly to us 'the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God.'  AMEN

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
Get into the habit, little by little, of adoring God in this way: Beg for his grace and offer him your heart from time to tme during the day, in the midst of your work, at every moment if you can. Do not constrain yourself by rules or special devotions.  Simply turn to God in faith, with love and humility.  Brother Lawrence
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2007
@Pilgrim.1
I want to apologise here to everyone in my expressions.

I accept your apologies, If God can have mercy on us each and everyday of our life who are we not to forgive our fellow brethrens their trespasses as he (God) forgives us.

May God help all of us who seek him and increase his wisdom in us to be able to serve him as he deserves. AMEN
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2007
The Reverend Father that was killed last week was Father Patrick Adegbite (i think he is the author of the monthly Spiritual Pathway) shocked cry sad

May his Soul and the Souls of all the faithful departed rest in perfect Peace
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2007
oby, lawyer and everyone else,

how una dey? hope the weekend was a blessed one.

lawyer thank you for your posts so far especially your simplicity and humility in admitting what you

do not know, (e.g sola scriptura). please retain this simplicity for it bespeaks of a great mind.

as for pilgrim.1's apology, i shall refrain from accepting it for now and i want her to consider

the following which i quote from oby's post above:

Father Maurice Casey, a brother of Father Solanus, was once in a sanitarium near Baltimore and was annoyed at the priest-chaplain there. Father Solanus wrote his brother: "God could have established his Church under supervision of angels that have no faults or weaknesses. But who can doubt that as it stands today, consisting of and under the supervision of poor sinners—successors to the ‘poor fishermen of Galilee’, the Church is a more outstanding miracle than any other way?"

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by akeye(f): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2007
yea OBY1
i heard about dat.
who killed him?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2007
To you Carlosein, Oby, goziz and the rest.

Thank you all
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 12:53pm On Nov 05, 2007
ebos, ebos!!, where have u been.

u have been MIA.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Akeye
yea OBY1
i heard about that.
who killed him?

I don't know i just heard that he was shot on his way back from a Vigil.

@Ebos
All i can say is Na wao Where u come go since? We miss you no bi small.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2007
heard it was armed robbers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2007
I just avoided Nairaland completely cos I have other things I give my time and attention and I want to follow them up.

A Priest killed? May His Soul Rest In Peace. Nigeria we see ourselves. We can kill a man of God without any fear of God! Men of underworld!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
One thing I've always tried to live by is to honor people I discuss with, no matter their views, so far they present it to prove or show that what is at stake is not victory of opinion but a humble quest of God’s wishes in the matter, because that is what he or she would want for you. I strongly believe this and I know most Catholics believe it too.

The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it. When you ask 2 + 2 and I answer 4 as a Catholic, and a Protestant answer 5 – then because I’m a Catholic they come out to tell me how the Law of Algebra changed the answer to 5. It then means that the discuss flow from intense detestation of a particular group and not true religion chat. So, hosting religious conversation is not just inviting people over and putting out cookies. It's deeper, actually, something like meditation. When they are lacking in such conversations, don't fight anybody, but also do not allow yourself to be engulfed into it. Take small steps, i.e. be good with them and then pack it away for good, so that you don’t join them and stumble and miss a kind of grace.

Catholic has a way of life and her own Jerusalem Bible that supports her teachings and being the ‘only’ Church instituted by Christ Himself and widely believed to have written the bible. However, after some centuries, a particular sect came up, followed by another, and another, even another and expunged some facts in the bible, and from there they have their own bible that support their teachings as well. They always back their teachings with their own bible and also expect Catholic who wrote the bible and brought Christianity to them to back hers with their own bible that came after hundreds of years Catholic (real) bible has existed. How could that be possible? Would it not be wise to listen to the Church instituted by Christ than to dissent? But often time they question Catholic to show in the scripture what she believes, and Catholic will back it up with her Jerusalem bible, but they will say, “It is not in the bible.” But, I don’t know the bible they want Catholic to use. Those faulty and incomplete versions of the bible? This is where Satan brought katakata into Christianity and he (Satan) must be jumping up and down in jubilation getting it wrong that he has won.

Nevertheless, the world is too small, our wisdom too limited, our time here too short, to waste any more of it in winning whether fleeting or even sham victories at other people’s expense (I don’t know), call it beliefs is no longer necessary. In the world as in oneself, time is vanishing because we have lost the practice of consciously inhabiting our lives, the practice of bringing true Christianity to ourselves as we go about our lives practicing same Christianity.

I know quite alright that we are mortal beings solemnly aware of our finitude, longing, perhaps, for that in ourselves which partakes of the eternal. So, we have to now find a way to triumph together, hence I’m yet to see any gain from both sides in our discussion so far, that later metamorphosed into argument, mockery and criticism.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2007
Oby1:

The Reverend Father that was killed last week was Father Patrick Adegbite (i think he is the author of the monthly Spiritual Pathway) shocked cry sad

May his Soul and the Souls of all the faithful departed rest in perfect Peace

cry cry cry cry cry

may he rest in the bossom of the Lord.

ebos, welcome back
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2007
@Carlosein,

Carlosein:

as for pilgrim.1's apology, i shall refrain from accepting it for now

I understand - that is the typical response Catholics have for your so-called "tolerance" message to smile4kenn, yes? I read you. grin

Indeed, I apologised and don't regret doing so - if you trace the background to that, it would no longer remain a mystery to you. I did it because my many Catholic friends were unhappy with what they read over the weekend; and rather than lose my friendship with them, I assured them I would apologise publicly and then explain to them afterwards. And I lived up to my promise to them. smiley

It was quite a surprise to me this morning that a good number of those who had asked me to apologise "or else" were the very same who had written in again to encourage me - that after my explanatiosn to them, they saw reason with my stance, and that I should NOT have even apologised!! That is why I kept repeating that I do not regret anything in having done so.

I would just like to say this: just because I apologised for rattling your nerves does not mean that my views are changing! NOT ONE BIT!!

I have checked my sources again to be sure that they are what they said. And yes, when I return from my break, I'll be posting some more, especially the connection with Islam and Catholcism, as well the things that not many Catholics are aware of and have categorically denied again and again.

I ask once more - are Catholics aware that Catholicism is all about MARY-WORSHIP?

I'm giving you guys the opportunity to shamelessly deny it - and then you will read a bit more from pilgrim.1.

Enjoy for now while you can.

Ciao. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2007
pilgrim.1:

I ask once more - are Catholics aware that Catholicism is all about MARY-WORSHIP?

I'm giving you guys the opportunity to shamelessly deny it - and then you will read a bit more from pilgrim.1.

Enjoy for now while you can.

Ciao. grin

Pilgrim,
this statement just goes to show how much you knw about the catholic church
you move from web site to web site, read and understand what you choose to understand
interpret everything based on what you have in mind
if you want to authoritatively argue about something,
try to be a lot more constructive in ur arguments
try not to generalize, dont turn mere assumptions into facts
it dosnt make sense.

so please my dear, go on to wikipedia, and other websites
copy the first page, highlight one sentence
and you will have your usual long post
its really not new to us, we are used to it already . . . . . .

on your question, though it dosnt deserve an answer,
i will still give you one

Catholic Church isnt just about honouring Mary
it is a celebration of Christ our lord and savior, his angels and his saints
it is a celebration of God the father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
its about total christianity, without blemishes
it is about giving honour to whom honour is due
it is about creating worthy role models
it is about being a worthy christian

anyday i will rather honour the Blessed Virgin Mary than the wife of a pastor

God bless ya
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2007
@viee,

viee:

Pilgrim,
this statement just goes to show how much you knw about the catholic church
you move from web site to web site, read and understand what you choose to understand
interpret everything based on what you have in mind
if you want to authoritatively argue about something,
try to be a lot more constructive in your arguments
try not to generalize, don't turn mere assumptions into facts
it dosnt make sense.

so please my dear, go on to wikipedia, and other websites
copy the first page, highlight one sentence
and you will have your usual long post
its really not new to us, we are used to it already . . . . . .

Lol. . . if actually that is what I really do when I discuss issues, then it would serve no purpose - as long as people have easy access to Wikipedia and they could read issues for themselves there.

The problem with you guys is more than a self-confessed xenophobia. Instead of making otiose remarks and further confirm that you either don't read, or even if someone helps you do the reading, you still are mentally challenged to easily grasp, why don't you simply flush your wise-cracks and wisen up? I have most often quoted from OFFICIAL WEBSITES of the VATICAN!! Go to the links, click on them, and come back with your bloviates about reading such sites as "Wikipedia"! grin

Abeg, viee. . . you don't have the frame to withstand serious talk, eh? So, simply pack yourself one side and hold your rosary when I return. Instead of quoting websites, you will read OFFICAL quotes from the bulls of the Catholic Popes who have openly declared that catholicism is all about Mary-Worship. All I just need is for rascally Catholics to come on board and yab themselves by denying it! The squeaking of spineless toddlers is simply comedy to me.

That was how we started: I asked if Catholics PRAY to MARY. Answer from Catholics: DENIAL!

I also asked if Catholics have ever worshipped Mary. Again: DENIAL.

This time around, your eye go see pepper when I come back! Either pack yourself one corner and watch the drama; or offer yourself as the next sacrificial  ewe to defend what Catholics cannot deny.

Enjoy. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@viee,

The problem with you guys is more than a self-confessed xenophobia. Instead of making otiose remarks and further confirm that you either don't read, or even if someone helps you do the reading, you still are mentally challenged to easily grasp, why don't you simply flush your wise-cracks and wisen up?

Abeg, viee. . . you don't have the frame to withstand serious talk, eh? So, simply pack yourself one side and hold your rosary when I return.  The squeaking of spineless toddlers is simply comedy to me.

That was how we started: I asked if Catholics PRAY to MARY. Answer from Catholics: DENIAL!

I also asked if Catholics have ever worshipped Mary. Again: DENIAL.

This time around, your eye go see pepper when I come back! Either pack yourself one corner and watch the drama; or offer yourself as the next sacrificial  ewe to defend what Catholics cannot deny.

Enjoy. grin

i was very stupid to have replied you in the first place.
you need help. sad Christianity isnt abt war
my eyes will not see pepper my dear,
i have told u already; we are used to u
try practising christianity more, it will help with the hate. sad sad sad
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ pilgrim

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary

Gal easy with the hate, it's not good for your heart cool cool grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:39am On Nov 06, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Nicholas Tavelic and Companions (d. 1391)

Nicholas and his three companions are among the 158 Franciscans who have been martyred in the Holy Land since the friars became custodians of the shrines in 1335.

Nicholas was born in 1340 to a wealthy and noble family in Croatia. He joined the Franciscans and was sent with Deodat of Rodez to preach in Bosnia. In 1384 they volunteered for the Holy Land missions and were sent there. They looked after the holy places, cared for the Christian pilgrims and studied Arabic.

In 1391 Nicholas, Deodat, Peter of Narbonne and Stephen of Cuneo decided to take a direct approach to converting the Muslims. On November 11, 1391, they went to the huge Mosque of Omar in Jerusalem and asked to see the Qadi (Muslim official). Reading from a prepared statement, they said that all people must accept the gospel of Jesus. When they were ordered to retract their statement, they refused. After beatings and imprisonment, they were beheaded before a large crowd.

Nicholas and his companions were canonized in 1970. They are the only Franciscans martyred in the Holy Land to be canonized.

In the Rule of 1221, Francis wrote that the friars going to the Saracens (Muslims) "can conduct themselves among them spiritually in two ways. One way is to avoid quarrels or disputes and 'be subject to every human creature for God's sake' (1 Peter 2:13), so bearing witness to the fact that they are Christians. Another way is to proclaim the word of God openly, when they see that is God's will, calling on their hearers to believe in God almighty, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, the Creator of all, and in the Son, the Redeemer and Savior, that they may be baptized and become true and spiritual Christians" (Ch. 16).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
We belong to each other as parts (1st reading today Roms 12: 5-16)

The basis of our service to others is through the transformation which God has worked within us by the work of the Holy Spirit. Having being touched inwardly and individually, all Christains renewed by the Spirit of God, we are called as part of the body of Christ to serve according to the gifts we have received. God gives each person gifts that enable him or her to serve others and, therefore, to serve and glorify God.

We pray that our service would flow from the life of Christ within us and be offered unconditionally, as Christ offers his love to us.

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
We need no wings to go in search of him but have only to find a place where we can be alone and look upon him present within us. ST. TERESA OF AVILA
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2007
@viee,

viee:

i was very stupid to have replied you in the first place.

Cheer up! I don't regard you as "stupid" and nevr will (as long as you don't keep blathering). grin It was a simple thing: don't assume what you don't know or have not carefully checked out - as in your supposition of 'Wikipedia' for the Vatican weblinks!

viee:

you need help. sad Christianity isnt about war
my eyes will not see pepper my dear,
i have told u already; we are used to u

Okay, I need help. Humility does not require us to be arrogant in denying help offered. But just that small teasing, and you wan faint! grin

Okay, sorry - no vex. I apologise. I was about to go for an silly exam, and needed something to make me laugh. Actually, I was thinking of the examiners and though: {their eye go see pepper when I write that paper!}. Unfortunately, na you sidon where sontin no suppose concern you! grin

viee:

try practising christianity more, it will help with the hate. sad sad sad

My dear, I don't hate nobody. You can see that I've mellowed several times under pressure to post certain things - and I would have posted them if I intended my post as attacks or hate.

If simple truth is not so simple for those who read them, I can understand why readers feel that pilgrim.1 is attacking, hating, criticizing, and even all sorts of qualifiers to describe their uneasiness.

I still stand by my posts. Rather than whinge and complain, it would perhaps have served us better to point out where I might have been mistaken. The simple questions for me are:

[list][li]Are these things so?[/li][/list]

[list][li]What will you do if you discover the truth?[/li][/list]

Stubborn pride to remain in deception under the excuse that no denomination is 100% perfect - that is the poison many people have received, and it will be a rude awakening at the bar of Christ on Judgement Day.

It's all up to the simple honest seeker. "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all." (1 John 1:5).

Shallom. smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:11pm On Nov 06, 2007
@Pamperme,

Pamperme:

@ pilgrim

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary

Gal easy with the hate, it's not good for your heart cool cool grin grin

I don't "HATE" - as explained above: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-75506.1088.html#msg1654030).

How body? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2007
I understand - that is the typical response Catholics have for your so-called "tolerance" message to smile4kenn, yes? I read you.

don't know what am supposed to make of this, like my posts are to be read by only some people

Sancta Maria, Ora Pro Nobis. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2007
@pilgrim
my body dey inside cloth

Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

the good thing about my office now is that Our Lady of Fatima has been consecrated there , every morning, i feel confident and happy that she is watching over us. The good thing is that i hardly say harsh words to colleagues any more and i feel protected throughout the day grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2007
@pamperme
Happy to hear that.

Glory to Jesus and honour to blessed Virgin Mary
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2007
Nothing to gain in argument but the encouragement I received to attend the last October Devotion helped me a lot. Though, my participation was poor but there was improvement. At least I tried to attend 9 times. I hope to improve next time i.e. by the grace of God.

@ viee

Thank you jare. But, any need to bother yourself a lot?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2007
Pamperme:

@pilgrim
my body dey inside cloth

Hallelujah! It is well! cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Backslider(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2007
I have made it Clear Satanism is being practiced in the form of Catholic worship this is dangerous.

Catholics Church Attenders please flee all these evils and read your bibles.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 12:58am On Nov 07, 2007
I have made it Clear Satanism is being practiced in the form of Catholic worship this is dangerous

A very unecessary and uncouth statement. Even if your so critical of the Rcc which is your inalienable right to do, must you now debase to the lowest level of vulgarism and label catholics as worshippers of satanism in the catholic form? It's a very unjustifiable way of putting things in the right perspective and dont think you have won over anyone with such statements. You have only stoked the embers of hate which we are trying to douse on this thread. I dont know what church you worship in, but no matter how bad people label your church to me, i will never credit you with being an apostle of satanism. This is another blatant example of cyber bulling and this time your taking yours too far. Please respect your self and respect the members of this board and leave such bitterness and hate in you before you unleash it through your key board again.

Am no apostle of satanism and i think i speak of the millions of catholics world wide. You might have issues with our mode of worship and certain doctrines of the Rcc which doesnt go down well with you and you have every right to speak out against any percieved injustice and wrongs which you deem is wrong to you and you also have the right to listen to counter arguments so that we can come to a reasonable conclusion. But you have no right to label and tag Catholics as satanists or apostles of satanism. I take very strong objection to that and if that's the motive of your discuss here, i think it will be better for all catholics to ignore such repugant characters of hate like you and move on without entertaining any debate from non catholics good or bad.

Most of the posts here before yours has been academically challenging and spiritually reformist in nature which we all try to assimilate and hope we can make the world a better place through our little contributions here. Arguments for and against has always been the nature of man and i find no offence against that, but Hate statements like this is totally uncalled for. The little reputation you created for yourself in these religious threads has been torn to shreads and unless you apologize to the millions of catholics whom you have shamefully desecrated with such obtuse tags like satanism, the peace of the lord which you erroneously want us to believe that resides in you, will continue to be a farce and elude you. What a xenophobic jerk! angry
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:23am On Nov 07, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Didacus (1400-1463)

Didacus is living proof that God "chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong" (1 Corinthians 1:27).

As a young man in Spain, Didacus joined the Secular Franciscan Order and lived for some time as a hermit. After Didacus became a Franciscan brother, he developed a reputation for great insight into God’s ways. His penances were heroic. He was so generous with the poor that the friars sometimes grew uneasy about his charity.

Didacus volunteered for the missions in the Canary Islands and labored there energetically and profitably. He was also the superior of a friary there.

In 1450 he was sent to Rome to attend the canonization of St. Bernardine of Siena. When many friars gathered for that celebration fell sick, Didacus stayed in Rome for three months to nurse them. After he returned to Spain, he pursued a life of contemplation full-time. He showed the friars the wisdom of God’s ways.

As he was dying, Didacus looked at a crucifix and said: "O faithful wood, O precious nails! You have borne an exceedingly sweet burden, for you have been judged worthy to bear the Lord and King of heaven" (Marion A. Habig, O.F.M., The Franciscan Book of Saints, p. 834).

San Diego, California, is named for this Franciscan, who was canonized in 1588.

"He was born in Spain with no outstanding reputation for learning, but like our first teachers and leaders unlettered as men count wisdom, an unschooled person, a humble lay brother in religious life. [God chose Didacus] to show in him the abundant riches of his grace to lead many on the way of salvation by the holiness of his life and by his example and to prove over and over to a weary old world almost decrepit with age that God's folly is wiser than men, and his weakness is more powerful than men" (Bull of Canonization).

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
To be loved by God, to be united to God, to live in the presence of God, to live for God! Oh! How wonderful life is- and death! St. John Vianney.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:27am On Nov 07, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Love is the answer to every one of the commandments (Rom 13:8-10)

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, I believe that I am a new creation in you and with you I walk in newness of life. In you all things are possible. You know my heart and its unloving ways. Help me to love as you love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (155) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2016 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.