Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,015 members, 7,909,760 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:15 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120282 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:54am On Oct 23, 2007
Meditation of the Day (excerpts from Abide in My Word)

"If death reigned over everyone as the consequence of one man's fall, it is even more certain that everyone will reign in life."

Romans 8:1 "There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"

We have been granted life, that is, we are no longer separated from God and we can now begin to enjoy his acceptance and his presence. Sometimes in our efforts to lead Christain lives, we become discouraged, particularly as we struggle against the sin in us. We need to remind ourselves that thru faith and baptism we have full citizenship and rights as part of God's new people. Christ is our new ruler and we have a new life in him. We are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people" called to "declare the wonderful deeds to him who called us out of darkness into his marvelous light" (1 peter 2:9)

Day by Day with Mary, the Mother of God
In order to be a devoted servant of the Father, I faithfully desire to be the servant of the Mother. ST. ILDEPHONSUS
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2007
Glory, Glory, Glory to Jesus!!!
Honour, Honour, Honour to Mary
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2007
Can we all sing

Jesus may you reign, may you reign, (2ce)
Yesterday you reign, you reigneth in my life,
Today come and reign, and reign forever more,
Yesterday you reign, you reigneth in my life,
Today come and reign, and reign forever more,
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 11:00am On Oct 23, 2007

Angels are singing. . . YOU are worthy O LORD. . YOU are worthy O LORD! cheesy

Angels are singing. . . YOU are worthy O LORD. . YOU are worthy O LORD! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2007
Obiageli

How you dey? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:49pm On Oct 23, 2007
angry(Who tell u sey my name na Obiageli)  cool smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2007
Angels are singing. . . YOU are worthy O LORD. . YOU are worthy O LORD! cheesy

Angels are singing. . . YOU are worthy O LORD. . YOU are worthy O LORD! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2007
Oby1:

angry(Who tell u sey my name na Obiageli) cool smiley

You first vex, you con smile say you cool. grin

you dey answer obiora? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 3:12pm On Oct 23, 2007
make we continue to guess. .

- - abi na Obianuju? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2007
Make u guess well well, may be u go arrive at the answer. (But na wa for una two o, na the same mama born una?) Anywhere Pilgrim is then surely u will see cgift there.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2007
Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

I  hope we all had a very good weekend?

I will love you all to remember me in your prayers for a special intention for this week. . .  . .  .

thank you and God bless you all through Christ our Lord
and may Our Lady, the Angels and Saints of God continue to pray to for us

Amen

viee,

i have your back in my own little way, i'll be praying for your intention. Take care.

lawyer,

welcome back.

let me tell you that if you had come to say you do not want to be a catholic anymore, i would not have been satisfied if

the reasons for this action are to be found on any of the pages of this thread.

but thanks to God and Our Lady, you have been able to search your mind and taken a stand on what you believe.

most importantly, remember the words of the hymn "where charity and love abounds, there God is".

what i mean is this: as you have found out with the people of the society of St. Vincent de Paul, the greatest of all

virtues is love and they practise this in their own way (little it may be).

it is not so important to be able to quote all scriptures (i do not say this is not good o!), speak in tongues, prophesy

etc.  as to practise the virtue of Charity (love) (1st Cor. 13smiley

@pilgrim and her cohorts,

show me any age in history where there have been individuals in the catholic church who

have commited atrocities in the name of God and religion and i will show you many more of his/her contemporaries who

became Saints by following the same teachings of the church.

Take care and God bless you all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2007
Carlosein:

@pilgrim and her cohorts,

show me any age in history where there have been individuals in the catholic church who

have commited atrocities in the name of God and religion and i will show you many more of his/her contemporaries who

became Saints by following the same teachings of the church.

Take care and God bless you all.

My dear Carlosein,

Many times I have such heart-felt pity for people who reason the way your lines suggest. It is like saying if the Catholic Church had taught people to drink in the heresies of the Vatican, then people have become saints by following those same heretical teachings, yes?

This is where you guys often miss it. Rather than face the humongous issues that stare you full-face in the RCC, you often struggle to excuse them away! My one premise, simple as it has always been, yet continues to prove such a task for lay Catholic readers. Catholicism is built on Mariolatry. To remove that and seek Biblical Christianity, is to see the end of Catholcism! That is the one thing that the Vatican will never tolerate - and for that very same reason, innocent souls were murdered in their multiplied numbers for not bowing to the duplicity of the Pontificate.

How could a system that teaches and celebrates such idolatry produce "saints" when Catholics themselves cannot rise above "pray for us sinners"?!? Is it not the confession of Catholics themselves that they are not worthy to approach God in prayers until they have called upon all the host of heaven and the grave (dead saints)?

You're talking about making saints in the RCC. Good. Please next time you sit in the pew listening to the same Mariolatry and drinking it all in, reflect on how seriously all that exercise still makes you UNWORTHY - according to Catholicism! As long as you continue to see yourself unworthy and still chanting the "pray for us sinners" mantra, the more you feed the benign smile of those who are happy to keep you in such ignorance of the grace of God that has indeed set you free and made you acceptable in HIS SON (Ephesians 1:6)!!

I know - all this may sound so out of this world to you. But before you go seeking how many "saints" were produced from Roman Catholic heresies, open the Bible and prayerfully seek out God's truth for yourself. When you find it, you would not need me to testify that the things you have been reading are quite evident in themselves.

Cherio. smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by iyaaje(m): 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
catholic 4 life.NO SHAKING,NO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG THING
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2007
I hear. Islam also is a looooooooooooooooooooooooong thing - and yet. . . grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2007
pilgrim.1:

My dear Carlosein,

Many times I have such heart-felt pity for people who reason the way your lines suggest. It is like saying if the Catholic Church had taught people to drink in the heresies of the Vatican, then people have become saints by following those same heretical teachings, yes?

This is where you guys often miss it. Rather than face the humongous issues that stare you full-face in the RCC, you often struggle to excuse them away! My one premise, simple as it has always been, yet continues to prove such a task for lay Catholic readers. Catholicism is built on Mariolatry. To remove that and seek Biblical Christianity, is to see the end of Catholcism! That is the one thing that the Vatican will never tolerate - and for that very same reason, innocent souls were murdered in their multiplied numbers for not bowing to the duplicity of the Pontificate.

How could a system that teaches and celebrates such idolatry produce "saints" when Catholics themselves cannot rise above "pray for us sinners"?!? Is it not the confession of Catholics themselves that they are not worthy to approach God in prayers until they have called upon all the host of heaven and the grave (dead saints)?

You're talking about making saints in the RCC. Good. Please next time you sit in the pew listening to the same Mariolatry and drinking it all in, reflect on how seriously all that exercise still makes you UNWORTHY - according to Catholicism! As long as you continue to see yourself unworthy and still chanting the "pray for us sinners" mantra, the more you feed the benign smile of those who are happy to keep you in such ignorance of the grace of God that has indeed set you free and made you acceptable in HIS SON (Ephesians 1:6)!!

I know - all this may sound so out of this world to you. But before you go seeking how many "saints" were produced from Roman Catholic heresies, open the Bible and prayerfully seek out God's truth for yourself. When you find it, you would not need me to testify that the things you have been reading are quite evident in themselves.

Cherio. smiley

here we go again!

back to square one.

pilgrim.1's mantra chant: "mariolatry".
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2007
Carlosein:

here we go again!

back to square one.

which kain square 1? We have proven this hence the need to say it boldly without any fear of interrogation cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
"Proven" shocked shocked shocked

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall

be world without end. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2007
@Carlosein,

Carlosein:

here we go again!

back to square one.

Hehehoho. .  grin

Relax. . . we're progressing instead of coming back to square one. Your brethren who have been shooting discordant and rascally replies have cooled down (at least, apart from those who are very educated and cordial, I have not received further emails from the rascal band). grin

I promise you - by the time they provoke the situation for it, I go post a few more samples where the POPES, some cardinals and Bishops openly said that they WORSHIP Mary!! So many people are eager to read them. . . some have said I should show a bit more understanding and NOT post them! What's there to be scared of?!? grin

For now, I'm staggered that NO CATHOLIC (whether by email or here on the Forum) has said anything to point me out that I was gravely mistaken about the claim I made that the catholic Church clearly has tomes of evidence for MARY-WORSHIP!! (aka MARIOLATRY  grin )

Once again, I'll throw open the challenge ONCE MORE - and I can't wait for somebody to be rascal enough and move me to post the others!! grin

Ciao! cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2007
Again, the challenge:

Worshipping MARY - did YOU know?

E[/b]xcerpts from the "[b]Fulgens Corona" Encyclical of Pope Pius XII:

[center][list]

34. But let this holy city of Rome be the first to give the example, this city which from the earliest Christian era worshipped the heavenly mother, its patroness, with a special devotion. As all know, there are many sacred edifices here, in which she is proposed for the devotion of the Roman people; but the greatest without doubt is the Liberian Basilica, in which the mosaics of Our predecessor of pious memory, Sixtus III, still glisten, an outstanding monument to the Divine maternity of the Virgin Mary, and in which the "salvation of the Roman people" (Salus Populi Romani) benignly smiles. Thither especially let the suppliant citizens flock, and before that most sacred image let all put forth pious prayers, imploring especially that Rome, which is the principal city of the Catholic world, may also give the lead in Faith, in piety and in sanctity.
[/list][/center]

[list]Source: "Fulgens Corona" - Encyclical of Pope Pius XII [from a Vatican website].[/list]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My small kweshun now is: IS there proof or not that the Popes have indicated that they WORSHIP Mary - "heavenly mother"?

I hail again O!! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2007
There it is again O, Carlosein. I dey wait for the motion to be moved for Square 6000 (so that we will break even with the number of titles ascribed to MARY) grin

Enjoy.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:07pm On Oct 24, 2007
Hehe. . wetin happen? grin

Okay, I'll try so hard to not use the "mantra" (MARIOLATRY). . .[perhaps we're coming close to the more appropriate word: idolatry!! grin]

Just for small titbits, consider the following (nothing half as serious as the ones I promised to showcase someday soon):

From this Catholic website (Catholic Message USA) are some purported "promises" which are reproted to have been given to "to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche". Could Catholics let us know what is meant by the following promises:

OUR HEAVENLY MOTHER'S FIFTEEN PROMISES TO THOSE WHO PRAY THE ROSARY

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.

9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

15. Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination (your salvation).

So, MARY being the "heavenly mother" (the very same that Pope Pius XII said Catholics WORSHIP) is the one who now wants men to commit themselves to HER for deliverance from purgatory and for YOUR SALVATION!!

Is anyone still asking about the fact of Popes and Bishops have called MARY the Saviour of the people of Rome? lipsrsealed
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by iyaaje(m): 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2007
pilgrim.1:

I hear. Islam also is a looooooooooooooooooooooooong thing - and yet. . . grin
come na wetin be your own if i say i be catholic for life?dem tell you say na religion go make peson go heaven?abeg no deceive yourself wid religion,catholic,redeemed,living faith,c and s,word dominion including islam all na name,the thing wey go carry you see baba God na your heart and wetn you do for life no be religion,me dem born me for catholic and na for catholic i go peme,so NO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG THING
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2007
iya aje:

come na wetin be your own if i say i be catholic for life?them tell you say na religion go make peson go heaven?abeg no deceive yourself wid religion,catholic,redeemed,living faith,c and s,word dominion including islam all na name,the thing wey go carry you see baba God na your heart and wetn you do for life no be religion,me them born me for catholic and na for catholic i go peme,so NO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG THING

So wetin be all de hot air wey you dey blow? grin There's no need for all that up there if you wan peme for Vatican - long or short.

For now, the topic continues. Enjoy.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Wordsmith(m): 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2007
dey tear thia yansh, continue pilgrim, nothing do u, o l'enu. . .abi u no understand? cheesy tongue

come where Obiageli dey now? Abeg do quick answer those kweshuns. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2007
Wordsmith:

dey tear thia yansh, continue pilgrim, nothing do u, o l'enu. . .abi u no understand? cheesy tongue

Who tell you say na Obiageli? grin She fit be obiorah? She don dissappear. May be she go confessional to confess all her sins to man like am. Imagine all the sins wey she done ever commit including thoughts shocked dem dey pour am to oga priest? How priest no go fall. Well that one na anothr topic entirely grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2007
cgift:

Imagine all the sins wey she done ever commit including thoughts shocked them dey pour am to oga priest? How priest no go fall. Well that one na anothr topic entirely grin

Yeye dey worry you!! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

I wan go do priest o! grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Wordsmith(m): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ cgift:

Omo, that Reverend Father abi na Priest na strong man! Im be eleshin cheesy tongue, just imagine say make i go do confession make i kon dey tell am about d craw craw i get for yansh. . .cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2007
Wordsmith:

Na small-small. . . Lol, Lagbaja! grin

Wordsmith:

She dey pray for us. And by the way, she might be Obianuja! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Wordsmith(m): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ cgift:

Omo, that Reverend Father abi na Priest na strong man! Im be eleshin cheesy tongue, just imagine say make i go do confession make i kon dey tell am about d craw craw i get for yansh. . .cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2007
Wordsmith:

@ cgift:

, just imagine say make i go do confession make i kon dey tell am about d craw craw i get for yansh. . .cheesy cheesy tongue

Na you sabi grin Im go ask you say how the craw craw take reach your yansh grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2007
Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

Carlosein,
Thanks, i sure appreciate that!

Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (155) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2016 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.