Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,556 members, 7,937,572 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120743 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2007
i muddle-up abi, okay now.

but abeg go to this link and see:

http://bible.com/

it has several versions of the bible, see if the quote i have above is not there, (maybe he doesn't even know the meaning of muddle-up self and i'm wasting my time undecided undecided)

but if you have difficulty using the link, abeg tell us o.

just in case sha, i ask-did you read verse 24 of the same chapter quoted above?

well here it is:
24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

as usual, you jumped to a wrong conclusion based on a false premise and your own "i-must-post-anything-anti-catholic-fever-by-force-by-fire".

i never said we are not saved by grace through faith, i simply insist that though we are saved by grace through faith, we are also justified by works and that has been the teaching of the Catholic Church from time immemorial.

in summary:

Salvation=grace (through faith) + works

salvation is not grace (through faith) only

salvation is not works only.

even martin luther could not swallow this teaching of the Catholic Church hence he called the epistle of St James the "epistle of straw", i therefore sincerely doubt that you will understand this considering most of your postings on this and many other threads.

Ave Maria, spes nostra, ora pro nobis. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2007
Carlosein:

well here it is:
24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

i never said we are not saved by grace through faith, i simply insist that though we are saved by grace through faith, we are also justified by works and that has been the teaching of the Catholic Church from time immemorial.

Salvation=grace (through faith) + works

salvation is not grace (through faith) only

salvation is not works only.

I have never said fatih alone will save. I stated categorically that while not decrying the need for works, catholics have errorneously held on to that beliefsystem that their works will play a major role in their salvation. They therefore throw decorum into the wind and in the name of "love give back" to the society.

Do bear in mind that your religiousness does not move God. First have a resolute faith in Jesus and not the mary of the apparitions.

Anyway, I like your mathematical submission. Let me chip this in before you carry your error on too far:

1. Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
2. Faith in Jesus, not Mary of the apparitions.
3. Your pile of "works" can only become useful when you have accepted the saving grace of Jesus and not mary of the apparitions who now usurps God's /Christ's titles now.

Have a lovely day.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:56am On Nov 26, 2007
I read the portions you gave me but my real problem is how to revive the Spirit.  I really want to but chance and few other things have been my hindrances.  I don’t want a situation whereby I will be forcing myself to do the normal things expected of me.  In the past, I derived joy participating in any Church activities – I was not forcing myself.  My participation in the last Devotion was as if someone was pushing me to the Church.  Unlike when I used to go freely!

Ebos we know the flesh is weak, but the spirit is willing and it can never be by our own power and to revive the Spirit is not by magic, thats why you have to call upon the Holy Spirit to give you strength.  Remember the "Come Holy Spirit prayer, " you can pray it as often as you can.  Attend daily mass, then watch and see the transformation.

You know, when you lose physical contact with maybe 95% of your friends who reason the way you do – it becomes difficult to move on with the new friends you make because getting the type of friends you want is not all that easy.  It’s easy to make new friends but very difficult to know who will blend with you.  It takes a long time to know who’s who before you begin to retrace from them.

Try and make friends with those that are serious with the things of God. Remember the adage that says "show me your friends and i will tell you who you are" So select your friends. I don't need to tell u this, u need to make some sacrifice to get what you want. The Scripture said it, if your right or left hands cause you to sin cut it off, , you know the conclusion.

@Everyone, especially Ebos and Viee
Good day all, what a wonderful day.
So can we know those who attended the procession and the experiences gathered.

I thank God i was able to make it, we left the Church around 2pm and ended around 5pm and the experience was wonderful, some groups were carried away, even when we arrived the final destination.  It was like it should not end, Every society with their different societal uniforms, it made it so colorful.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Catherine of Alexandria (c. 310)

According to the Legend of St. Catherine, this young woman converted to Christianity after receiving a vision. At the age of 18, she debated 50 pagan philosophers. Amazed at her wisdom and debating skills, they became Christians—as did about 200 soldiers and members of the emperor’s family. All of them were martyred.

Sentenced to be executed on a spiked wheel, Catherine touched the wheel and it shattered. She was beheaded. Centuries later, angels are said to have carried the body of St. Catherine to a monastery at the foot of Mt. Sinai.

Devotion to her spread as a result of the Crusades. She was invoked as the patroness of students, teachers, librarians and lawyers. Catherine is one of the 14 Holy Helpers, venerated especially in Germany and Hungary.

“Therefore I [King Solomon] prayed, and prudence was given me; I pleaded, and the spirit of Wisdom came to me. I preferred her to scepter and throne, and deemed riches nothing in comparison with her, nor did I liken any priceless gem to her;/ Because all gold, in view of her, is a little sand, and before her, silver is to be accounted mire. Beyond health and comeliness I loved her, and I chose to have her rather than the light, because the splendor of her never yields to sleep. Yet all good things together came to me in her company, and countless riches at her hands; and I rejoiced in them all, because Wisdom is their leader, though I had not known that she is the mother of these” (Wisdom 7:7-12).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2007
JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
When spiritual persons cannot meditate, they should learn to remain in God's presence with a loving attention and a tranquil intellect, even though they seem to themselves to be idle. For little by little and very soon the divine calm and peace with a wondrous, sublime knowledge of God, enveloped in divine love, will be infused into their souls. St. John of the cross.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
Hi Carlosein,

i was able to make the procession eventually
and it was big fun for me
we prayed, sang, danced all the way

the benediction was particulary good for me since it has been a while i attended one
like yours we didnt want it to end as well.
another highlight was we we arrived the Church compound, the different groups present were tryin to out do easch other with sweet tunes

i dance tire!

generally, i was glad i didnt miss it.

oby how was yours?
Ebos, u still attend?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ Viee

am still alive, thank God for pple like u that remembers friends.

@ all

i couldnt go for the procession yesterday, my stomach decided to play a big prank on me.

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2007
@viee,

thank the good Lord, i was able to make the procession.

it was really grand, albeit tiring. it took us some three hours plus to do a 5kilometre walk.

you know the most wonderful part, when we finally arrived in the parish church, the good and benevolent Lord showered us with blessings from heaven in the form of rain (an assurance of His benediction on us all and also to cool off grin).  

i assure everyone (like the parish priest said): if you missed it, you have indeed missed a great walk with the Lord of lords.

ebos how far now? i really hope you made it.

@pamperme,

sorry for the stomach upset and hope you are okay now. where have you been all this while.
anyway welcome back.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Viee
oby how was yours?
I thank God, i enjoyed every bit of the processsion down to the final blessing which is the benediction.
Our God is king indeed, both old and young came out, the turn-up was so much, I begin to wonder how come about the so much crowd, because when we were about starting the procession the crowd was not too much like that, but i noticed the crowd suddenly increased.

The 3 different choirs with their different uniforms performed wonderfully, what about the CWO i didn't know they can sing so well, the Ewe society danced their cultural style, the CBIU i don't know what to say, the Legionairies so beautiful, how many i wan name, all for him.

Our God is really wonderful
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Pamperme
3 Gbosa's for you;
Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!

You are welcome and i hope you're better now, because the healing that went round yesterday was so much and i know you collected yours.

Where is Ebos, this wan wey e never come online.  Ebossssssssss, where are you, i hope you attended o.

Carlosein, can we have the roll call?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by DChair: 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2007
Without Jesus Christ in my life, i will be dead long ago and if still ALIVE i probably be in the bush somewhere.

GLORY BE JESUS CHRIST OF NAZERETH, HE'S MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER AND FOREVER
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
@carlosein, oby, viee

So you all made it? I thank God for that. I rejoice with you all.

@Pamperme

My brother you are welcome. You just disappeard like that?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2007
thank God for all of us.

here is the roll call so far:

viee - present  (you can forget to add the Sir grin)

oby - present,

carlosein - present, present and even got a present from God.

okay, now all others just log on and mark attendance.

D-Chair:

Without Jesus Christ in my life, i will be dead long ago and if still ALIVE i probably be in the bush somewhere.

GLORY BE JESUS CHRIST OF NAZERETH, HE'S MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER AND FOREVER

D-chair, u no lie atall atall.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2007
carlosein - present, present and even got a present from God.

You don take another person come mark your own double.  grin  Cross check the record and find out who the second present should have gone to.

I'm just thinking how Oby, viee and even carlosein danced that very day.  grin I never knew you guys can dance.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2007
sup people!

How did your procession go? Although i missed it b'cos of one darn business trip that required me to be at work yesterday with my obnoxious boss, but my mum filled me in on everybit. Hope yours was good, i hope to make up for it in the nearest future.

P:S: Today is my birthday, shhhhhhhhhh! no tell pilgrim or cgift o! before them spoil my day o! grin

Bless ya all and have a splendid day wherever you are!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Ebos
So you all made it?  I thank God for that.  I rejoice with you all.
u never tell us whether u made it to the procession, Ebos?

I'm just thinking how Oby, viee and even carlosein danced that very day.

You wan try the dance step? Infact i danced more than David. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2007
lawyer:

sup people!

How did your procession go? Although i missed it b'because of one darn business trip that required me to be at work yesterday with my obnoxious boss, but my mum filled me in on everybit. Hope yours was good, i hope to make up for it in the nearest future.

P:S: Today is my birthday, shhhhhhhhhh! no tell pilgrim or cgift o! before them spoil my day o! grin

Bless ya all and have a splendid day wherever you are!

We thank God for that.  It's not easy to add one more year.  But how are you going to celebrate it?  We wish you many more years.  Anyway, Happy Birthday,  How old are you now?  We don't want to hear +1.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2007
Today is my birthday, shhhhhhhhhh! no tell pilgrim or cgift o! before them spoil my day o!

Very happy birthday to you and many many happy returns.  God's protection on you and above all more Grace from God to keep you focused on the heavenly race.

Hip! Hip!! Hip!!!
HURRAY smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Oby

You danced more than David?  I trust God must have stood up because of your dance.  Oby, as you made it, don’t you think it was for both of us?

Right actions for the future are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past.  I hope to make up the lost one.  Please, make una no crucify me o.  If it was possible for me to attend, I would have been there.  In fact, I saw some Parishners from another Parish (marching it) while I was on the way with a few of my colleagues, and like Peter, my mind came to this thread immediately.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2007
To my favourite online friends that keep me spiritually uplifted everyday at work and at home

@ebos

@oby

@viee

@carlosein

Thank you very much for you support and friendship and wish you and your families a spiritually filled life in the name of the world and may all your wishes come true.

P:S: As yaradua talk say budget na below $58 per barrel as bench mark, na so me sef de base my come chop on #58 per plate of akpu and edikinkong for golden gate tonight, lol, Nah am just keeping it simple and using the moment to reflect on the past and hope for a better future. Age is nothing but a number but how well you do something positive during your life time that pleases God.

@ebos

I for tell you plus +1 years old but since you don catch me, i go play game with you. I be tati something, fil in the gap, lol grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2007
lawyer happy byday, i mean batday, no baday undecided

chei this thing hard o.

i mean to say happpppppppyyyy that day that your good mother and father burn, sorry bun no i mean borned undecided undecided undecided

well you know sha dat day dey bring you to this world grin grin grin.

many happy returns of this day long life and prosperity, hip, hip hip

hippoppotamus grin cheesy wink

God bless you.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
My people, I no attend Procession.  It was not possible for me.  It wasn't deliberate -  In fact I knew my chances of attending was just 20%.  I was really engaged a month before the Christ De King.  I believe God knows I had the intention to participate - genuine interest in the Procession but it was not possible.

@Lawyer

Wetin you dey tell us now be say - enough for people wey dey around. grin  Make I tell you now - if u wan make God know say you dey happy for good health wey Him give you - as you wan put enough for table, no go select people wey go celebrate am with u.  Just invite any neighbour wey dey around.  Me, wetin you wan make I add for tati something. (just tell me - I go add am. grin

So, make God bless you too and the rest of them wey dey hear.  As I dey combine the thread with my assignment and forex, I still thank everybody for their support and encouragement.

If e no be their encouragement, I for no feel the Procession wey I miss.  Before, anything wey be Procession, no be my business but now I don put am for my diary.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2007
Abeg make e bi tomorrow. I get one important place I wan go now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
ebos:

@Oby

You danced more than David? I trust God must have stood up because of your dance. Oby, as you made it, don’t you think it was for both of us?

Right actions for the future are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past. I hope to make up the lost one. Please, make una no crucify me o. If it was possible for me to attend, I would have been there. In fact, I saw some Parishners from another Parish (matching it) while I was on the way with a few of my colleagues, and like Peter, my mind came to this thread immediately.

my brother, i was even looking among the procession to see if i will recognize you or anyone.
but maybe i saw you in one of the vehicles that passed us by on the road.

anyway next year we no go hear excuses o but we no go crucify you sha.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2007
okay ebos byebye.

see you soon.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
@carlosein, oby, ebos
Thank you very much, am much beta now, the healing sure did reach me.

Av been around, i was pissed off in a thread so i decided to stay away and calm down nairalanders can be annoying you know  wink

Thank you and God bless you.  

@ lawyer

Happy baifday de law  grin, i wish you long life and prosperity

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Phiniter(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2007
Glory Be to Yesu

Honour to Maria
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Francesco Antonio Fasani 1681-1742

Born in Lucera (southeast Italy), Francesco entered the Conventual Franciscans in 1695. After his ordination 10 years later, he taught philosophy to younger friars, served as guardian of his friary and later became provincial. When his term of office ended, Francesco became master of novices and finally pastor in his hometown.

In his various ministries, he was loving, devout and penitential. He was a sought-after confessor and preacher. One witness at the canonical hearings regarding Francesco’s holiness testified, "In his preaching he spoke in a familiar way, filled as he was with the love of God and neighbor; fired by the Spirit, he made use of the words and deed of Holy Scripture, stirring his listeners and moving them to do penance." Francesco showed himself a loyal friend of the poor, never hesitating to seek from benefactors what was needed.

At his death in Lucera, children ran through the streets and cried out, "The saint is dead! The saint is dead!" Francesco was canonized in 1986.

During his homily at the canonization of Francesco, Pope John Paul II reflected on John 21:15 in which Jesus asks Peter if he loves Jesus more than the other apostles and then tells Peter, "Feed my lambs." The pope observed that in the final analysis human holiness is decided by love. "He [Francesco] made the love taught us by Christ the fundamental characteristic of his existence, the basic criterion of his thought and activity, the supreme summit of his aspirations" (L'Osservatore Romano, vol. 16, number 3, 1986).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:30am On Nov 27, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
God will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; it will absorb all kingdoms. (Daniel 2:31-45)

PRAYER[/b]Lord Jesus, you are the foundation of your Father's kingdom, the cornerstone of the church. Help us to rely on your protection and to remain faithful to you even in the midst of trouble and anxiety. Holy Spirit, renew our hearts in hope, for you have promised to be with us always.

[b]JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS

Jesus is All, and I desire to belong wholly to him. It is extreme folly and delusion to look elsewhere for any true happiness. St. John Eudes.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2007
@ebos
You danced more than David? I trust God must have stood up because of your dance. Oby, as you made it, don’t you think it was for both of us?

Sure God stood up, infact i'm sure he was dancing with me, because i was really carried away.

Right actions for the future are the best apologies for wrong ones in the past. I hope to make up the lost one. Please, make una no crucify me o. If it was possible for me to attend, I would have been there. In fact, I saw some Parishners from another Parish (matching it) while I was on the way with a few of my colleagues, and like Peter, my mind came to this thread immediately.

I pray u and others like Lawyer will make it next time.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2007
Oby1:

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
God will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; it will absorb all kingdoms. (Daniel 2:31-45)

PRAYER[/b]Lord Jesus, you are the foundation of your Father's kingdom, the cornerstone of the church. Help us to rely on your protection and to remain faithful to you even in the midst of trouble and anxiety. Holy Spirit, renew our hearts in hope, for you have promised to be with us always.

[b]JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS

Jesus is All, and I desire to belong wholly to him. It is extreme folly and delusion to look elsewhere for any true happiness. St. John Eudes.

oby, thanks for this. you are doing a wonderful job. keep it up wink

Oby1:

@ebos
Sure God stood up, infact i'm sure he was dancing with me, because i was really carried away.

I pray u and others like Lawyer will make it next time.

AMEN, AMEN and AMEN.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by honeric01(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2007
catholism is another form of secret society brought into th world by trying to come through christainity, take it or leave it,

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (155) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.