Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,599 members, 7,937,688 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120745 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2007
honeric01:

catholism is another form of secret society brought into th world by trying to come through christainity, take it or leave it,

i leave it grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2007
catholism is another form of secret society brought into th world by trying to come through christainity, take it or leave it,

Thank you sir
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2007
Oby1,

I hope your carried away didn’t lead you kicking those around you like Busylyn? grin I know what people can do when they are carried away. However, I’m happy that you were carried away dancing for God. You know what funny guys can do in this kind of thing. They make it interesting.

There must be a blessing attached to it. Again, I join Carlosein to echo your prayer.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
I tell you, this thread has encouraged me a lot. It’s being a very long time I heard someone (Catholic(s)) encouraging me to take things of God serious. This thread has provided the needed help. With the help of this thread and by the special grace of God, I have been able to say my Rosary 4 consecutive days.

When I see some people saying that they have been reciting their rosaries – I think of myself. I ask myself if they are not human beings like me. Now, I have taken my rosary serious and I will be reciting it everyday or at least 3-4 times a week. As time goes on, I will come back to my normal approach to Rosary.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2007
@Ebos
I tell you, this thread has encouraged me a lot.  It’s being a very long time I heard someone (Catholic(s)) encouraging me to take things of God serious.  This thread has provided the needed help.  With the help of this thread and by the special grace of God, I have been able to say my Rosary 4 consecutive days.

When I see some people saying that they have been reciting their rosaries – I think of myself.  I ask myself if they are not human beings like me.  Now, I have taken my rosary serious and I will be reciting it everyday or at least 3-4 times a week.  As time goes on, I will come back to my normal approach to Rosary.

Glory to Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
Honour to Mary

Thank u Jesus for the touch of strength on your son Ebos, thank you Jesus.  Lord i pray that this new found zeal will not be quenched either by friends or anyother distraction in Jesus name.

you can't bet how happy i am hearing this  cheesy grin The Lord is our Strength
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2007
So, which societies you all belong?  Maybe, I have to go for Legion.  Though, for years I have not attended and I have not identified with any other society.  So, let me believe I still belong to Legion grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2007
ebos:

So, which societies you all belong? Maybe, I have to go for Legion. Though, for years I have not attended and I have not identified with any other society. So, let me believe I still belong to Legion grin

To be upgraded from lukewarm member to Active member
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2007
To be upgraded from lukewarm member to Active member

But, you didn't tell us the society you belong. I can say my prayers but I can't join any other society now or becoming active member.

However, the Society I find difficult to join is Charismatic Renewal. My younger sister is a member but I don't like the way they conduct their prayers. They will pray and pray, and tell you to pray again and again until you finish all the prayers and nothing left again to pray. By then, you will only be looking at them. I don't feel comfortable being in their midst because you get tired of the whole process. I don’t know if you guys experience the same. Their method is like Protestant. For this reason, you can’t see me in any fellowship or any other thing organize by Protestant Members. The idea of praying all over again and again makes it boring.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2007
Today's Saint

St. James of the Marche (1394-1476)

Meet one of the fathers of the modern pawnshop!

James was born in the Marche of Ancona, in central Italy along the Adriatic Sea. After earning doctorates in canon and civil law at the University of Perugia, he joined the Friars Minor and began a very austere life. He fasted nine months of the year; he slept three hours a night. St. Bernardine of Siena told him to moderate his penances.

James studied theology with St. John of Capistrano. Ordained in 1420, James began a preaching career that took him all over Italy and through 13 Central and Eastern European countries. This extremely popular preacher converted many people (250,000 at one estimate) and helped spread devotion to the Holy Name of Jesus. His sermons prompted numerous Catholics to reform their lives and many men joined the Franciscans under his influence.

With John of Capistrano, Albert of Sarteano and Bernardine of Siena, James is considered one of the "four pillars" of the Observant movement among the Franciscans. These friars became known especially for their preaching.

To combat extremely high interest rates, James established montes pietatis (literally, mountains of charity) — nonprofit credit organizations that lent money at very low rates on pawned objects.

Not everyone was happy with the work James did. Twice assassins lost their nerve when they came face to face with him. James was canonized in 1726.

"Beloved and most holy word of God! You enlighten the hearts of the faithful, you satisfy the hungry, console the afflicted; you make the souls of all productive of good and cause all virtues to blossom; you snatch souls from the devil’s jaw; you make the wretched holy, and men of earth citizens of heaven" (Sermon of St. James).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
The fingers of a human hand appeared and began to write. (Daniel 5:1-6. 16-17. 23-28)

The mysterious tale of the handwriting on the wall was meant to underscore the sovereignty and power of God over all the earth. King Belshazzar had committed a grievous offense against God's sanctity by using sacred objects from Jerusalem's temple to honor the idols of Babylon. This defilement prompted the terrifying vision of the moving hand and the cryptic message.
God knows us completely; he sees our afflictions and our triumphs and his hand is upon us (Psalm 139:14) No matter what we face, he sees our condition and responds with love. No problem is so big nor sin so terrible that it can turn him away from us. Our Father wants us to look to him in prayer for wisdom and guidance. We are his body, the church, and when we pray he hears us and answers us according to the riches of his mercy.

PRAYER
Lord Jesus, we come to you with this request: increase our faith and help us to rely humbly on God. By your Spirit grant us wisdom and give us a heart of love and obedience. Father, protect your sons and daughters. AMEN

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS[/b]A soul that loves God is loved by him, and God himself comes to dwell in her, The Lord, then, never departs from a soul unless he is driven away, even though he should know that she will soon banish him from her heart. [b]St. Alphonsus LIguori
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2007
@Ebos
But, you didn't tell us the society you belong.

I'm a Charismatic member also a Legionary (but not frequent). I'm comtemplating being an auxilliary member, so as to have time for myself too.

However, the Society I find difficult to join is Charismatic Renewal.

I was finding it difficult before to be a Charismatic member, but since i joined it, i must tell you i never regretted it. I now understand all about them.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by micko2007: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2007
We are honouring Mary, we are hounouring.
We are honouring Mary but we never worship her.
People say we worship her. Not at all.
Everybody join the chorus honour her, honour our mother.

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary.

why are you people not serious about all you are saying?MARY THE EVER VIRGIN IS THE GREAT MOTHER OF OUR LORD/SAVIOUR "JESUS CHRIST" AS LONGAS YOU CAN RESPECT HIM WHY NOT DO THE SAME TO THE ONE WHOM WITHOUT YOU WHUOLD'T HAVE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT JESUS.

IN OUR WORLD TODAY , IF BY CHANCE YOU KNOW THAT THE MOTHER OF OUR PRESIDENT YAR ADUA IS IN A PARTICULAR PLACE WE WILL ALL RUSH TO HONOUR AND BOUND BEFORE HER , WHY NOT THE MOTHER OUR OUR LORD JESUS?IF WE CAN DO THAT TO AN ORDINALY PERSON WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER OF OUR SAVIOUR?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by micko2007: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2007
We are honouring Mary, we are hounouring.
We are honouring Mary but we never worship her.
People say we worship her. Not at all.
Everybody join the chorus honour her, honour our mother.

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary.

why are you people not serious about all you are saying?MARY THE EVER VIRGIN IS THE GREAT MOTHER OF OUR LORD/SAVIOUR "JESUS CHRIST" AS LONGAS YOU CAN RESPECT HIM WHY NOT DO THE SAME TO THE ONE WHOM WITHOUT YOU WHUOLD'T HAVE KNOW ANY THING ABOUT JESUS.

IN OUR WORLD TODAY , IF BY CHANCE YOU KNOW THAT THE MOTHER OF OUR PRESIDENT YAR ADUA IS IN A PARTICULAR PLACE WE WILL ALL RUSH TO HONOUR AND BOUND BEFORE HER , WHY NOT THE MOTHER OUR OUR LORD JESUS?IF WE CAN DO THAT TO AN ORDINALY PERSON WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHER OF OUR SAVIOUR?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by lawyer(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2007
@oby and ebos

How did you guys manage to ward of all those anti catholic bashers? These few days without them, has provided a serene environment for catholics to enjoy these thread peacefully and spiritually and it actually underscores the object of this post. It is totally devoid of all those irritating insults in the guise of advise and condemnations which the catholic doctrine preaches against. Well done to you guys and keep the banner flying. Enjoying you guys all the way every moment i log on smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Oby

Maybe, the way I see Charismatic is different from the way you see it. Actually, I don’t the pray and pray again. But thank God you are used to them.

Again, how do you cope doing both Legion and Charismatic works? I know Legion don’t joke with their assigned work and it’s very difficult for them to accept excuses – that was the main reason I distanced myself. I know two Priests that were not comfortable with the way Charismatic conduct their prayers. The Protestant method where (I don’t know whether to call it noise – but pardon me grin) everybody will be shouting as if the Spirit of God is a confusion One. Because of that they were banned and after 2 years they lifted the ban on them. Another society I love is Sacred Heart and my mum is a strong member of the Sacred Heart Society and she has been encouraging me to join.

As you said, Auxiliary Membership will be ok for you at the Legion Level while you remain active member at the Charismatic Group. But always remember us in your prayer. Hope you don’t pray for yourself only? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2007
@oby and ebos

How did you guys manage to ward of all those anti catholic bashers? These few days without them, has provided a serene environment for catholics to enjoy these thread peacefully and spiritually and it actually underscores the object of this post. It is totally devoid of all those irritating insults in the guise of advise and condemnations which the catholic doctrine preaches against. Well done to you guys and keep the banner flying. Enjoying you guys all the way every moment i log on

I think the Keeping Silent Method (KSM) did the work.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
ebos:

@Oby

Maybe, the way I see Charismatic is different from the way you see it. Actually, I don’t the pray and pray again. But thank God you are used to them.

Again, how do you cope doing both Legion and Charismatic works? I know Legion don’t joke with their assigned work and it’s very difficult for them to accept excuses – that was the main reason I distanced myself. I know two Priests that were not comfortable with the way Charismatic conduct their prayers. The Protestant method where (I don’t know whether to call it noise – but pardon me grin) everybody will be shouting as if the Spirit of God is a confusion One. Because of that they were banned and after 2 years they lifted the ban on them. Another society I love is Sacred Heart and my mum is a strong member of the Sacred Heart Society and she has been encouraging me to join.

As you said, Auxiliary Membership will be ok for you at the Legion Level while you remain active member at the Charismatic Group. But always remember us in your prayer. Hope you don’t pray for yourself only? grin

Is not easy, but like i told you i'm not frequent in the Legion duties or meeting, i want to belong to the auxilliary member, where our duty is just to say the prayers.
Is not all priest that understand the Charismatic way, u know we have different priest and we have the charismatic priest.

Yes, sacred heart is another good society, my mum and dad are in sacred heart and also a charismatic member.

Sure, do you know how much i put u and others who are weak in my prayers (i'm not greedy in my prayers cheesy). Infact the more you pray for others, that is the more u pray for yourself.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
lawyer:

@oby and ebos

How did you guys manage to ward of all those anti catholic bashers? These few days without them, has provided a serene environment for catholics to enjoy these thread peacefully and spiritually and it actually underscores the object of this post. It is totally devoid of all those irritating insults in the guise of advise and condemnations which the catholic doctrine preaches against. Well done to you guys and keep the banner flying. Enjoying you guys all the way every moment i log on smiley

Lawyer, you know the thread is best this way.  I lost a lot during the unfortunate argument and criticism.  Forex dealt with me during the argument grin.  So, how can the foundation of friendship be established in ridiculing our Catholic faith?  Can there be a mutual discussion base on mockery?  It became clear that nobody was ready to accept that his or her mum’s soup was not the best. grin  So, it is better for everybody to avoid the argument.  It has not helped us in any way.  They gradually backed-off.  I commend them for taking such bold step.  At least they realized that the argument had not been going down well with both sides and the best thing to do was exactly what they did.  I believe they will apply this good approach to any other thread that deals on Catholic.  That’s maturity because to me, everything became disgusting and annoying.

I also believe that being silent contributed a lot, and the outcome of it is the peace all of us enjoy now.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2007
@Lawyer and others
Can we all know the society each and everyone of us belong to.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2007
Like the Parish priest we have now in my Parish cannot work without the Charismatics, there are some cases he refers to the charismatics.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
Sure, do you know how much i put u and others who are weak in my prayers (i'm not greedy in my prayers ). Infact the more you pray for others, that is the more u pray for yourself.

Oby, you said so? U sure say I weak to that level? grin Hum! Anyway, just continue praying for me and others. I believe the power of prayer. I know God will bless you too as you continue to do so.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2007
ebos:

Oby, you said so? You sure say I weak to that level? grin Hum! Anyway, just continue praying for me and others. I believe the power of prayer. I know God will bless you too as you continue to do so.

grin grin grin I no talk sey u weak to the level of sleeping cat o, Afterall no bi the strength dey return back so. God has been blessing me o, i no go lie. I no even fit quantify the blessing, at times it brings tears to my eyes cry Our God is just too much. I call him God of the whole universe, who sees both the known and the unknown.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
Ok, I was thinking whether you have taken me to that level grin– as if I don’t have even a minute for my God again. I now understand you. Yes, the strength is coming back gradually. I know God will not let me go below this present strength, instead I will come out stronger. If it will be possible to walk down to any Catholic Parish to Book Mass for this intention, I will do it. Oby, I mean what I’m saying because now is the time – tomorrow may be the end. I sound unserious? I mean my word.

Please don’t allow God’s blessing to bring down tears – let it be joy for you. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2007
Ok, I was thinking whether you have taken me to that level – as if I don’t have even a minute for my God again. I now understand you. Yes, the strength is coming back gradually. I know God will not let me go below this present strength, instead I will come out stronger. If it will be possible to walk down to any Catholic Parish to Book Mass for this intention, I will do it. Oby, I mean what I’m saying because now is the time – tomorrow may be the end. I sound unserious? I mean my word.

It mustn't be any Catholic Parish, because when you book mass, it is also advisable to attend the mass also. so when you say any parish, you might book it where it will b far from your home and it will be difficult for you to attend.

Sure today is the acceptable time, tomorrow might be too late, its good to be prepared at all times because no one knows when the MASTER will come knocking. May God help all of us, especially those who love him and will want to be wit him on that last day.

I remember the Legion prayer "The Confer O Lord on Us" That all the faithfuls may gather at the last day without the lost of any one.

Please don’t allow God’s blessing to bring down tears – let it be joy for you
No its tears of Joy. When i think of how wonderful he is, i can't control my tears.
Na dey make me at atimes if i dey dance inside house like this, my people will just be laughing, i no wan know o grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
@oby

But, how wrong is it to book mass and fail to be there?

my people will just be laughing, i no wan know o

Just guessing how serious and fun your dance might be grin - as your people would be laughing grin Though, the laugh no concern u - "I no wan know" grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2007
oh see my brothers and sisters talking. it really brings joy to my heart to just read what is posted here.

ebos, can you imagine inviting pple to your birthday party and not being there? (not a good example but close)
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by omerese(m): 1:48am On Nov 29, 2007
Glad to see we can enrich each other by our posting. the charismatic structure and prayer mode differs from parish to pash even if slightly. i joined the charismatic in the past, my school section was fantastic but the parish section was like something else i found it hard to cope. however i know the spirit of God is present in every charismatic meeting so i try to focus on the grace i can get and not the distraction around. if after praying and praying nothing more to pray, i keep quiet and let the others finish. THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT HAS HELPED ME WITH MY PRAYER LIFE, BIBLE KNOWLEDGE, INTERCESSORY PRAYERS, i think we should all spend sometime in that group. it will help our faith.
right now i only belong to Charismatic and knights of Columbus but i am not in any ministry yet, i likely will join the music ministry. my old Parish was predominantly white, kind of boring and cold. my present parish is a mix of jamaicans, africans, philipinos and others, its much more lively. i enjoy masses here and the music, only morning masses is at 9am instead of 7.30am like the old parish. so i only attend Mass sundays and thursdays b4 fellowship.
well, this is wishing you all a merry christmas, long life and a blessed new year. stay safe. and the Father's choicest blessing on you all. Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by omerese(m): 1:52am On Nov 29, 2007
yes, i miss those choruses, clapping and dancing. actually i hear the choruses i know are all old school.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2007
Today's Saint

Servant of God John of Monte Corvino (1247-1328)

At a time when the Church was heavily embroiled in nationalistic rivalries within Europe, it was also reaching across Asia to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Mongols. John of Monte Corvino went to China about the same time Marco Polo was returning.

John was a soldier, judge and doctor before he became a friar. Prior to going to Tabriz, Persia (present-day Iran), in 1278, he was well known for his preaching and teaching. In 1291 he left Tabriz as a legate of Pope Nicholas IV to the court of Kublai Khan. An Italian merchant, a Dominican friar and John traveled to western India where the Dominican died. When John and the Italian merchant arrived in China in 1294, Kublai Khan had recently died.

Nestorian Christians, successors to the dissidents of the fifth-century Council of Ephesus’ teaching on Jesus Christ, had been in China since the seventh century. John converted some of them and also some of the Chinese, including Prince George from Tenduk, northwest of Beijing. Prince George named his son after this holy friar.

John established his headquarters in Khanbalik (now Beijing), where he built two churches; his was the first resident Catholic mission in the country. By 1304 he had translated the Psalms and the New Testament into the Tatar language.

Responding to two letters from John, Pope Clement V named John Archbishop of Khanbalik in 1307 and consecrated seven friars as bishops of neighboring dioceses. One of the seven never left Europe. Three others died along the way to China; the remaining three bishops and the friars who accompanied them arrived there in 1308.

When John died in 1328, he was mourned by Christians and non-Christians. His tomb quickly became a place of pilgrimage. In 1368, Christianity was banished from China when the Mongols were expelled and the Ming dynasty began. John’s cause has been introduced in Rome.

In 1975, Pope Paul VI wrote, "The Church evangelizes when she seeks to convert, solely through the divine power of the Message she proclaims, both the personal and collective consciences of people, the activities in which they engage, and the lives and concrete milieus which are theirs" (Evangelization in the Modern World, #18).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Jerusalem will be trampled down by the pagans until the age of the pagans is completely over (Gospel Reading Luke 21:20-28)

As he presented Jesus teaching on the end times, Luke expanded the scope from Jerusalem and the temple (Lk 21:20-24) to encompass the whole of creation. And yet, even in the midst of such upheavel, Jesus encouraged them: "When these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near".  All these events are signs that Jesus return is imminent, and for anyone who believes in him, such signs should bring joy and anticipation.
We can view the upheaval that we see in the world today as another sign pointing toward the final reality.  We don't know when the end will come, but we do know that it will come in an unmistakable, recognizable way.

Jesus told us: "There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and upon the earth distress of nations in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves"(Luke 21:25).  Then the end will come with Jesus return as judge.  How can we be sure that we will survive these times? Jesus promised: "God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).  While the coming judgment will cause many to faint "with fear and foreboding" (Luke 21:26), it can be a time of hope and encouragement for us.  God wants to take away our fear of his judgment by planting the cross of Christ deep in our hearts.  He wants to make us increasingly confident in the power of Jesus salvation to keep us safe.

The more we trust in God, relying on his Spirit's power to obey his commands, the less we fear the coming judgment.  On the cross, Jesus paid the penalty for all our sins.  In his resurrection, he poured out his Spirit to empower us to live in faith, obedience, and love.  Let us accept Jesus more deeply into our lives.  Let us ask him to give us the confidence to "look up" when the end comes and our redemption draws near. 

PRAYER
Jesus, we accept your great love for us.  Keep us alert so that we will live each day for you and be ready for your coming." AMEN

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
One who is anchored in God does not suffer any loss, even if attacked by a thousand waves and a thousand storms.  On the contrary, he emerges stronger.  St. John Chrysostom.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:18am On Nov 29, 2007
Carlosein has given you the answer
You see the Holy Mass is very powerful, just imagine how you feel at the end of each mass. I feel it at the end of each mass, peace and happiness, i feel so light. The scripture made us to understand that in the presence of God there is fullness of Joy and where two or more people are, i am in their presence.

As your intentions are being mentioned before the mass, you suppose to be there praying at the same time.

As for me, i don't book mass and relax and say all is well, you have to pray your way out yourself.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2007
Thnak you Oby

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (155) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.