Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,595 members, 7,937,680 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (120744 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:25am On Nov 29, 2007
@Ebos
But, how wrong is it to book mass and fail to be there?
Carlosein has given you the answer
You see the Holy Mass is very powerful, just imagine how you feel at the end of each mass.  I feel it at the end of each mass, peace and happiness, i feel so light.  The scripture made us to understand that in the presence of God there is fullness of Joy and where two or more people are, i am in their presence.

As your intentions are being mentioned before the mass, you suppose to be there praying at the same time.

As for me, i don't book mass and relax and say all is well, you have to pray your way out yourself.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2007
@Omerese
if after praying and praying nothing more to pray, i keep quiet and let the others finish.

That is exactly the point, you might finish your own prayer while others have not finish, so if depends on the amount of prayer request you are praying for.

THE CHARISMATIC MOVEMENT HAS HELPED ME WITH MY PRAYER LIFE, BIBLE KNOWLEDGE, INTERCESSORY PRAYERS, i think we should all spend sometime in that group. it will help our faith.

Sure it does.

right now i only belong to Charismatic and knights of Columbus
What are the duties of knight of Columbus?

@Pamperme
I hail you o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2007
@oby,

I get your point.  I'm just thinking what today has done to me.  It has not been ok for me at all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Ebos
I get your point. I'm just thinking what today has done to me. It has not been ok for me at all.

Hope is not about the forex trading. Whatever it is, just take it easy, ok?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Oby,

Oby1:

@Ebos

Hope is not about the forex trading. Whatever it is, just take it easy, ok?

Ok, I’m taking it easy.  However, you guessed it fine.  It is Forex wahala.  I tried to apply a new strategy that worked for me several times in virtual trading in live trading.  But, I logged in and left, when I came back the server could not connect and I don’t trade with Robot.  So, all my three entries of different pairs reversed against me with heavy losses.  That is Forex for you.  Any mistake will backfire heavily.  If you trade in a Standard Account where a pip is 10 dollars and 20 pips becomes 200 dollars.  Then, your loss will also be the same margin with your profit.  Now, check out hitting 180 pips loss.  Times the 180 with 10, the figure is your loss in dollars.  This is just today, and that is what Forex can do in any slight mistake.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Ebos
Ok, I’m taking it easy.  However, you guessed it fine.  It is Forex wahala.  I tried to apply a new strategy that worked for me several times in virtual trading in live trading.  But, I logged in and left, when I came back the server could not connect and I don’t trade with Robot.  So, all my three entries of different pairs reversed against me with heavy losses.  That is Forex for you.  Any mistake will backfire heavily.  If you trade in a Standard Account where a pip is 10 dollars and 20 pips becomes 200 dollars.  Then, your loss will also be the same margin with your profit.  Now, check out hitting 180 pips loss.  Times the 180 with 10, the figure is your loss in dollars.  This is just today, and that is what Forex can do in any slight mistake.

You see why i don't want to venture into it, the risk is very high so also the profit.  But you don't have to log in and then leave, Is either you log-off.
Well that is all about business, but live trading i'm giving it a second thought because i no get tears to spear for am.

Don't worry you will make it up again.

Have you booked for the Mass? and hope you will be attending for today, it mustn't be only when you book for it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2007
Oby,
Let my post not discourage you. Actually, I suffered heavy loss today, but most of the days have favoured me with straight profits. So, learn it well and go for it. If you understand it and ready to trade hoping to make just 20 pips a day in a Standard Account. It means 20 pips will be giving you 200 dollars i.e around N25,000 everyday. But the problem is when we try to be greedy, we lose everything. Even, with 200 dollars – if you make 30 pips, it’s 60 dollars which is N7,200.00. It’s still enough for the day. But be prepared to accept loss when it will hit you.

Just gather mind and go for it. Take the risk but learn it very well before taking such risk.

Oby, I have not booked for any mass. If I have time to attend mass, then nothing will stop me. I was even planning to give someone money to book mass for me, but you guys said I must be there. Ok, I will see if I can attend evening mass today. At times hold-up prevent me from attending mass.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2007
Let my post not discourage you. Actually, I suffered heavy loss today, but most of the days have favoured me with straight profits. So, learn it well and go for it. If you understand it and ready to trade hoping to make just 20 pips a day in a Standard Account. It means 20 pips will be giving you 200 dollars i.e around N25,000 everyday. But the problem is when we try to be greedy, we lose everything. Even, with 200 dollars – if you make 30 pips, it’s 60 dollars which is N7,200.00. It’s still enough for the day. But be prepared to accept loss when it will hit you

I will try, the problem is time.

Oby, I have not booked for any mass. If I have time to attend mass, then nothing will stop me. I was even planning to give someone money to book mass for me, but you guys said I must be there. Ok, I will see if I can attend evening mass today. At times hold-up prevent me from attending mass.

Yes u must be there. Is better late than never (even though is 10 mins to end of Mass at least i made an effort to be dir).

Yes, there is something else i want to ask everyone. How frequent do we receive holy communion?

Carlosein which of the society are you in?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
Yes, there is something else i want to ask everyone. How frequent do we receive holy communion?

Communion? grin. You know confession first before Communion
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 7:55am On Nov 30, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Andrew

Andrew was St. Peter’s brother, and was called with him. "As [Jesus] was walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is now called Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were fishermen. He said to them, ‘Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.’ At once they left their nets and followed him" (Matthew 4:18-20).

John the Evangelist presents Andrew as a disciple of John the Baptist. When Jesus walked by one day, John said, "Behold, the Lamb of God." Andrew and another disciple followed Jesus. "Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them, ‘What are you looking for?’ They said to him, ‘Rabbi’ (which translated means Teacher), ‘where are you staying?’ He said to them, ‘Come, and you will see.’ So they went and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day" (John 1:38-39a).

Little else is said about Andrew in the Gospels. Before the multiplication of the loaves, it was Andrew who spoke up about the boy who had the barley loaves and fishes (see John 6:8-9). When the Gentiles went to see Jesus, they came to Philip, but Philip then had recourse to Andrew (see John 12:20-22).

Legend has it that Andrew preached the Good News in what is now modern Greece and Turkey and was crucified at Patras.

“, [T]he Twelve called together the community of the disciples and said, ‘It is not right for us to neglect the word of God to serve at table. Brothers, select from among you seven reputable men, filled with the Spirit and wisdom, whom we shall appoint to this task, whereas we shall devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word’” (Acts 6:2-4).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:26am On Nov 30, 2007
MEDITATION OF THE DAY
And they left their nets at once and followed him. (Rom.10:9-18)

Andrew and his brother Peter were simple fishermen. As they were mending their nets on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. Jesus invited them to follow him, promising that acceptance of his invitation would make them “fishers of men” (Matt.4:19) Jesus calls each of us to a life of holiness and intimacy with him, a life of service for his kingdom. Such an invitation requires a response as generous as that of Andrew who at once left his nets and followed him (Matt.4:20). We must leave our nets, our selfishness and lack of zeal, whatever entangles us and prevents us from following Jesus. As we cooperate in God’s work, our lives will be fruitful; like all the faithful, we will enjoy “a new existence through the Spirit, a new birth as an adopted son. We will be “fed with the spiritual milk of the word and the solid food of the body of Jesus Christ…

PRAYER“Lord, lighten the heavy burden of the sins through which I have transgressed. Purify my mind and heart. Like a shining lamp, lead me along the straight path. Let your Spirit guide me on the right path and teach me to act as you wish.” (St. John Damascene, Declaration of Faith, 1:95)

JOURNEY WITH THE SAINTS
When I am completely united to you, O Lord, there will be no more sorrows or trials: entirely full of you, my life will be complete. St. Augustine.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:14am On Nov 30, 2007
Communion? . You know confession first before Communion

ok, confession. So?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2007
Oby1:

ok, confession. So?

It's a problem to me, because I have not gone for Confession for a long time - so, I have not been able to recieve Communion for over 3 months.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2007
I thought u want to say for 2 or 5yrs grin Try and return back then, go to confession, i think the xmas confession has started. How was ur trade today?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2007
2 - 5 years? grin  Haba!  I have conscience o.

My Forex  has been fine.  At least 6 trading and no loss grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2007
Xmas Confession started now?  That's too early.  I know it used to be just one week in some Parishes and few days to Xmas, stopping 4 days before the Xmas day.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2007
dont mind me grin who say u no get conscience cheesy
I'm not really sure if the confession has started, but i think its this period sha.

Applause, which means you have made up for the loss of yesterday.

@Carlosein
does it mean u don't belong to any society in the church (since u have kept mute grin)
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2007
Cover yesterday loss? grin If you try to do that for just a day, you lose more than that again. To make good pips, you must listen to news, adopt some good strategies, master the candlesticks and the indicators. But at times, both the candlesticks, news, indicators may contradict and you stand the chance of losing except you workout your strategy well. Anyway, it has been God's making.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2007
i'm off to mass now, hope u will be dir today too. Where u able to make it yesterday (mass).?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
I didn't make it yesterday.  Now, let me go and see if I can make it this evening.  I don't know about hold-up but I will be going now.  Bye!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by omerese(m): 5:50am On Dec 03, 2007
@ oby1

Knights of Columbus is a society similar to the knights of Mulumba or St John in Nigeria. they most ly defend the church intellectually, financially and socially.
The Knights was formed to render financial aid to members and their families. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to sick, disabled and needy members and their families. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.
they are in the fore front of anti - Abortion movement, youth development and charity worldwide. Currently we are a distributing wheelchairs to areas of need worldwide.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2007
hmmm,  Thats a great work you people are doing.
Which means the society must be specifically for those who are blessed financially, or what do you think?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:51am On Dec 03, 2007
Today's Saint

St. Francis Xavier (Priest and Missionary) (1506-1552)

Jesus asked, “What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life?” (Matthew 16:26a). The words were repeated to a young teacher of philosophy who had a highly promising career in academics, with success and a life of prestige and honor before him.

Francis Xavier, 24 at the time, was born in Spain; and living and teaching in Paris, did not heed these words at once. They came from a good friend, Ignatius of Loyola, whose tireless persuasion finally won the young man to Christ. Francis then made the spiritual exercises under the direction of Ignatius, and in 1534 joined his little community (the infant Society of Jesus). Together at Montmartre they vowed poverty, chastity and apostolic service according to the directions of the pope.

From Venice, where he was ordained priest in 1537, Francis Xavier went on to Lisbon and from there sailed to the East Indies, landing at Goa, on the west coast of India. For the next 10 years he labored to bring the faith to such widely scattered peoples as the Hindus, the Malayans and the Japanese. He spent much of that time in India, and served as provincial of the newly established Jesuit province of India.

Wherever he went, he lived with the poorest people, sharing their food and rough accommodations. He spent countless hours ministering to the sick and the poor, particularly to lepers. Very often he had no time to sleep or even to say his breviary but, as we know from his letters, he was filled always with joy.

Francis went through the islands of Malaysia, then up to Japan. He learned enough Japanese to preach to simple folk, to instruct and to baptize, and to establish missions for those who were to follow him. From Japan he had dreams of going to China, but this plan was never realized. Before reaching the mainland he died. His remains are enshrined in the Church of Good Jesus in Goa.

LESSONS
Not all saints respond quickly to God's call; it took time for St.Ignatius to persuade his young friend to join him. We too must continue being good influence on others, even if it seems unsuccessful at first.

Not even saints are exempt from great disappointments; St. Francis Xavier died while relatively young, only a short distance from the land where he had long desired to preach the Gospel.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Many will come from east and west to take their places in the Kingdom of heaven. (Isaiah 4:2-6)

This advent, let us go before him, repent of our sins and ask for forgiveness and new life. Jesus wants to come and dwell in our hearts even though, like the centurion, we know we are not worthy to receive him. Today's reading also reminds us that Jesus came to bring Gentiles into the kingdom as well as Jews, and that all of us can look forward with joy to the time when many will come from east and west and sit at table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob inthe kingdom of heaven (v 11).

PRAYER"Lord Jesus, we are not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and we shall be healed. Thank you that one day we will enjoy the heavenly banquet with you." AMEN
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ Oby,

I wish You Happy Xmas in Advance.  I guess, I’m the first person to wish you so this Season? grin  May the Blessings of God that come with Xmas be with you.

@ Catholics and all

Happy Xmas in Advance and God's blessings. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2007
I wish u the same too.  May the Christmas usher in a very new beginning in our spiritual and physical lives in Jesus Name.  Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2007
Oby1:

I wish u the same too.  May the Christmas usher in a very new beginning in our spiritual and physical lives in Jesus Name.  Amen

Oby,

Amen!

Infact, it has started the new beginning already because I will be going for mass now.  You are in a way bringing me back to what I love doing in the past. grin  It’s good of you.  I love that.  So, I will be going right away to meet up. grin  Really mean it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2007
I love that, and i promise that i will never relent in putting you in my prayers. Thank God for proving that he is still the same God, who never rejects the prayers of his Children.

Sincerely i'm very happy. May that zeal never quench in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2007
Amen! It will not quench. right from childhood, I have learnt to put God first in everything only that things suddenly changed and I found myself behaving strangely. Especially, when I stopped living with my mum, I suddenly became another person. That is why I will ever remain grateful to my mum. So, till night or tomorrow.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2007
Bye. Put me also in ur prayers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
hey, where did everyone go undecided

i come in now and no one is here. i have missed you all very much.

i have been quite busy and as such unable to log on to n/land for long.

all these jamb questions you (oby) have been asking i shall answer them with time grin wink

take care and catchya soon.

Ave!! Maria!!!.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2007
Today's Saint

St. John Damascene (676?-749)

John spent most of his life in the monastery of St. Sabas, near Jerusalem, and all of his life under Muslim rule, indeed, protected by it. He was born in Damascus, received a classical and theological education, and followed his father in a government position under the Arabs. After a few years he resigned and went to the monastery of St. Sabas.

He is famous in three areas. First, he is known for his writings against the iconoclasts, who opposed the veneration of images. Paradoxically, it was the Eastern Christian emperor Leo who forbade the practice, and it was because John lived in Muslim territory that his enemies could not silence him. Second, he is famous for his treatise, Exposition of the Orthodox Faith, a summary of the Greek Fathers (of which he became the last). It is said that this book is to Eastern schools what the Summa of Aquinas became to the West. Thirdly, he is known as a poet, one of the two greatest of the Eastern Church, the other being Romanus the Melodist. His devotion to the Blessed Mother and his sermons on her feasts are well known.

“The saints must be honored as friends of Christ and children and heirs of God, as John the theologian and evangelist says: ‘But as many as received him, he gave them the power to be made the sons of God, ’ Let us carefully observe the manner of life of all the apostles, martyrs, ascetics and just men who announced the coming of the Lord. And let us emulate their faith, charity, hope, zeal, life, patience under suffering, and perseverance unto death, so that we may also share their crowns of glory” (Exposition of the Orthodox Faith).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2007
@carlosein
all these jamb questions you (oby) have been asking i shall answer them with time

You would have said Neco grin but u have to tell us which one u belong to, u no go dodge am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (155) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News / Ancient Black Buddha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.