Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,200 members, 7,910,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:51 PM

Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? (13190 Views)

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? / Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? / Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by femmy2010(m): 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2011
blackpanda:

But you are not your sister. You are not the one that was violated, your not the one that will carry the child for nine months, or breastfeed the child, or worry about its health or wellbeing. The child may not even bear your last name.
So dont you think it is wise that the decision shld be left to your sister?

Yes the decision is my fathom sister's but as a big brother i am free to always give my own unbiased advice right?

God Forbid  sha
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by MAKABBEY(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2011
How can a person keep such pregnancy, even if d child make single mistake, always disobey d mother, immediately she will remember d previous incident, d best way is 2 abort d pregnancy, 2 save d mother joy. Even d child we not be happy in later live, after kowning he is a result of rapist.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2011
ogugua88:

Thank you.
What on earth are you talking about? An armed bandit's son will not always be an armed bandit.

he would always be an armed bandit especially if raised in a foster home and stuffs n stuffs.
karma might also strike.

I may not be an engineer like my father. Peter Okoye's son may not be into music. President Obama's daughters may have no interest in politics. Thanks to nature vs nurture, children have a good probability of being different from one or both of their parents.

if raised in a decent environment.
i don't see how you expect a child raised in a foster house to act normal especially after he was sired by an armed bandit.

You're judging an unborn child based on a criminal parent's actions. That's highly unfair and definitely not a justifiable reason for abortion in my opinion.

it's the way of the world.
the sins of the father shall be revisited on the son.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
Abortion is justifiable under the following conditions;

1. Health issues where the mothers life is at risk,

2. Pregnancy due to r@pe,

3. Pregnancies concieved as a result of failed medical planning (bad contraceptives, leaking/broken condom, immaculate conceptions and such) - Now to explain this, I talking about a case where a family with say 6 kids, where both parents know it is economically impossible to cater to a new kid and as such went ahead to use one of the numerous family and the method failed them hence a pregnancy,  I think the parents should reserve the right to terminate the pregnancy as long as it is medically safe to do so.

4. Poverty. Now this can be tied back to point number 3. If a parent to be cant afford to feed herself 3 times a day, then she has no business bringing a child into this world.

5. Teenage pregnancies: Yes!! I know the whole "if you cant do the time, dont do the crime" talk. But then again, we all have been kids before. We tend to experiment and more often than none, it always goes bad. A kid changes a girls life greatly. After proper counselling where the pro's and con's are made known to her in black and white, and with "PARENTAL CONSENT", should she decide to go through, I say she should.

6. Pregnancies borne out of incest, or molestation

Abortion clinics should be set-up by the government  so we can stop losing our teens to these quacks
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
MAKABBEY:

How can a person keep such pregnancy, even if d child make single mistake, always disobey d mother, immediately she will remember d previous incident, d best way is 2 abort d pregnancy, 2 save d mother joy. Even d child we not be happy in later live, after kowning he is a result of despoiler.

he will add to the statistics of the suicide rate in that country.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by femmy2010(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Okija_juju:

Abortion clinics should be set-up by the government  so we can stop losing our teens to these quacks

Certainly makes so much sense.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by udezekene(m): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Well i know of this case where the baby was forming in the wrong tube in the mothers belly. So the baby was removed to save the life of the mother.
I believe this case is justified.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
coogar:
he would always be an armed bandit especially if raised in a foster home and stuffs n stuffs.
karma might also strike.

Granted, life is full of uncertainties, but one should not be denied life because of an uncertainty.

if raised in a decent environment.
i don't see how you expect a child raised in a foster house to act normal especially after he was sired by an armed bandit.

That's if he or she ends up in foster care. Again, another uncertainty. Musicians, actors, even some multimillionaires were raised in poverty.

it's the way of the world.
the sins of the father shall be revisited on the son.

I wonder if your father's since have revisited you. No one is perfect.

I am all about women having a choice, but that choice should not be based on illogic. If she feels she cannot raise a child to her best ability, then the choice is hers. Imagine if Tyler Perry was aborted by his mother because she said he might be homeless one day? Well, that homeless man is now the biggest earner in Hollywood.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Igosun: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
It can be justified if it brings back bad memory or a treat to mother's life.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
ogugua88:

Granted, life is full of uncertainties, but one should not be denied life because of an uncertainty.

what about the memories the child brings to the mother? to the neighbours? to the entire public at large?
he would be called the child of a robber one day, won't he? how would the child take it?

That's if he or she ends up in foster care. Again, another uncertainty. Musicians, actors, even some multimillionaires were raised in poverty.

well - i was replying kemmeye.
she said she would have the child and take him to the foster home.

musicians, actors and multimillionaires were not sired by armed bandits.

I wonder if your father's since have revisited you. No one is perfect.

certainly!
but i am dealing with it but his sin is not armed robbery.

I am all about women having a choice, but that choice should not be based on illogic. If she feels she cannot raise a child to her best ability, then the choice is hers. Imagine if Tyler Perry was aborted by his mother because she said he might be homeless one day? Well, that homeless man is now the biggest earner in Hollywood.

was tyler perry's father an armed bandit?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by udezekene(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
femmy2010:

Abortion clinics should be set-up by the government  so we can stop losing our teens to these quacks ,
Certainly makes so much sense.

Government opening abortion clinics? Well we might as well put up a banner saying "Hey teens go Bleep yourselves, don't bother using protection cause when you get pregnant, we have trained people that will remove the baby as soon as you want to, ZERO RISK, GUARANTEED RESULT"
i can also imagine the tagline of such clinic to be ", finally its safe". , Mcsheew

Igosun:

It can be justified if it brings back bad memory or a treat to mother's life.
Yes i believe so, it is a mother that is alive that can take care of the children she already has and/or have more children
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
coogar:
what about the memories the child brings to the mother? to the neighbours? to the entire public at large?
he would be called the child of a robber one day, won't he? how would the child take it?

well - i was replying kemmeye.
she said she would have the child and take him to the foster home.

musicians, actors and multimillionaires were not sired by armed bandits.

certainly!
but i am dealing with it but his sin is not armed robbery.

was tyler perry's father an armed bandit?

Is it only armed robbers that have criminal spawns? Was OJ Simpson's father an armed robber?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
Still waiting to hear from the pro-lifers who insist abortion is unacceptable under any circumstance.Wonder why they're all silent  undecided
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2011
ogugua88:

Is it only armed robbers that have criminal spawns? Was OJ Simpson's father an armed robber?

gimme a minute, lemme check the archives of the f.b.i. grin
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2011
cold:
Still waiting to hear from the pro-lifers who insist abortion is unacceptable under any circumstance.Wonder why they're all silent  undecided

You know they talk for the sake of talking without experiencing any kind of hard life. When it hits them, they'll change their minds.

coogar:
gimme a minute, lemme check the archives of the f.b.i. grin

I dey wait lol.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by femmy2010(m): 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2011
On a deeper thought,is abortion not murder?
Is the Fetus a person?
Just wondering.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
ogugua88:

I dey wait lol.

you need to read up on predestined criminals.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by jovi: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2011
the foetus feels pain, It is equal to murder, Only worse. An adult can defend himself, but the poor foetus cannot.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by otokx(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2011
what does the bible say?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
In my view, any abortion in the first trimester of the pregnancy is justifiable - as long as the woman makes that choice. It is within the first trimester that it can be deemed to be a matter of personal choice, of human right - of the right of the woman to determine whether or not she wants to keep the pregnancy. However, any action geared towards abortion in the second trimester and beyond is no longer abortion but 'murder' (philosophically speaking). At that point the foetus has become a being in it's own right, and therefore enjoys the right to life.

But then this is a deeply philosophical argument that is exceedingly subjective. There are those who argue that any kind of abortion - even in the first trimester - is murder, that the right to life begins at conception (i.e. 'pro-life'). On the other hand - at the extreme of the philosophical divide - are those who argue that the right to life begins only when the baby is delivered. And that until the baby exits it's mother's womb and enters the world as it were, it has no right to life (pro choice).

Apparently, the opinion one chooses to embrace depends entirely on one's moral and/or philosophical persuasions.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Monjerk: 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2011
Abortion or whatever you call it can simply be define as an act of terminating the life of an innocent child.

SO tell me how on earth you think it can be justified, no way,

It is an act of killing human being and killing is killing no two ways about it, so stay clear from.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2011
femmy2010:

Is the Fetus a person?
Just wondering.

how is the fetus a person?
does it have a name? address?

i can also assume you have committed murder when you slaughter cows, pigs, rodents and mosquitoes.
you have committed murder when you kill bacteria in your teeth with mouthwash and stuffs?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 21, 2011
Monjerk:
Abortion or whatever you call it can simply be define as an act of terminating the life of an innocent child.

It is an act of killing human being and killing is killing no two ways about it, so stay clear from.

Is this your final answer?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by ednut1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
Monjerk:

u r narrow minded, wt if a father yansh his daugther,wil u allow it,
otokx:

what does the bible say?
it is outdated ask urself ws there abotion then bullsh,it
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
Monjerk:

but what if the baby has the potential to kill his mother?
isn't the mother innocent as well? shouldn't the mother have a right to self-defence?

in that case, what would you do, mr monjerk?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 5:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
is it not strange how those who've been born arrogate to themselves the right to debate the same right to life that everyone who is conceived has? undecided
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^^

We are here because our mothers had healthy pregnancies. If a woman is suffering from ectopic pregnancy, then the baby needs to be aborted.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Monjerk: 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
ogugua88:

Is this your final answer?

@ ogugua88
YES, that is my final answer because God cannot justify abortion under any circumstances
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by otokx(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
The bible is not outdated for in it you find the way - abortion is an instrument of evil and is never to be justified.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by claremont(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
[b]Abortion is perfectly justifiable on the grounds Coogar has highlighted i.e. if the foetus is malformed physically/genetically, and/or if the foetus is threatening the life of the mother. Those religious goons who are kicking against abortion should be informed that spontaneous abortions occur in an adult female body on a regular basis; in other words, the human female body is evolutionary structured in such a way that allows it to naturally expel foetuses which it believes may be unhealthy.

A foetus has no life, it has no feelings, it has no name. Abortion is a perfectly moral and humane way for a mother to do away with a pregnancy she is not materially, physically, psychologically, and/or emotionally able to handle. BUT, there are long-term consequences if performed frequently, and/or by non-professionals. The genesis of the plight of most mature barren ladies we see these days can be traced to the days of their youth, when they aborted foetuses like a used toilet roll, so ladies beware! grin[/b]
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
Personally, other than health reasons, abortion can't be justified. This is my opinion, others will see things differently.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
femmy2010:

Is the Fetus a person?
Just wondering.

bro if we all think like this then:

- the morning after pill is MURDER
- m[b]a[/b]sturbation is PREMEDITATED MURDER
- oral s[b]e[/b]x is CANNIBALISM
- coi[b]t[/b]us interuptus is CHILD ABANDONMENT
- wearing condoms is MURDER BY ASPHYXIA
- spe[b]r[/b]m/egg donation is CHILD TRAFFICKING
- and an[b]a[/b]l s[b]e[/b]x is . . . . . . . . BWAAAAAH, let's not even go there.

culled from something i got on FB!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies / 1.1HP 1.5HP 2HP FIRMAN & HISENSE IONIZER BLACK MIRROR INVERTER AIR CONDITIONER / How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.