Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,198 members, 7,910,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:42 PM

Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? (13189 Views)

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? / Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? / Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 22, 2011
The choice debate is as old as adam and eve. Who gave any of us the right to decide who lives or dies? I dont subscribe to abortion no matter the circumstances. God wont have created that baby in you for you to decide if it lives or dies. Am the least religious and conservative individual I know of but when it comes to killing defenceless and innocent babies I make a stance.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 22, 2011
It's not a baby. A baby is born. In the womb it's either an embryo or a fetus.

Whether a woman decides to have an abortion or not isn't anyone's business. It's her choice. Whether she chooses to have one or not, she'll deal with it herself. Everyone has different morals and values.

For those of you saying "no matter the circumstances" or "no way", I just dey yaff Chinese yaff. Don't think emotionally but logically.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Image123(m): 1:06am On Sep 22, 2011
The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God".
The bigger fool opened his mouth and said "there is no God".
The biggest fool typed and posted saying "there is no God".
Why do people not fear God, why?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 22, 2011
coogar:

-if the baby has the potential to kill her mother
-if a rapis[i]t[/i] is responsible for the pregnancy.

cool cool
enough said. however after seeing what i've seen i hope that i would NEVER have to go through this
and if i am r@ped, hopefully i will have the emotional strength to carry the baby to term and at least give it up for adoption.

to whomever said a fetus is not technically human. . .

http://www.glogster.com/media/4/30/20/8/30200858.jpg

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Abortion%20is%20Murder/partial_birth_abortion.jpg

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

HEAVEN FORBID!!!!!
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by sohlahtie: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
Never but things happen so you know like whatever. People don't wait for things to be justified, they just do them and look you in the face and that's it. so whatever undecided
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
@Babe
i can find many reasons why people would have unprotected se.x and thereafter have an abortion:
- wife got pregnant only to discover that the maid is also pregnant from her hubby (therefore soon filling for divorce)
- wife got pregnant and a few weeks later they lost their fortune to the financial crisis aka they are now BROKE!!!
- condom broke while wifey was cheating with her lover therefore she isnt sure who got her pregnant.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON IS:
- wifey thought she wanted to be pregnant but as soon as she was, she DECIDED that she doesnt want to go through with it any longer.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
After all said and done, why does the innocent child have to be the victim?

MRbrownJAY:

everyone makes mistakes in life, the catch is to act accordingly afterwards to rectify that mistake.
people who expect a pregnant woman to have the baby simply because she had unprotected se.x are EVIL.
how is having the baby is going to solve the problem at hand? more like adding a BIGGER problem on top of a small one.

just look around at any traffic light to see how many of these unwanted kids are begging for their next meal. you guys make no sense, orphanages are filled to the brim with no one ready to adopt these kids, and yet, you guys want to add even more.

no jobs, no money, no food, no education then we all wonder why so many arm robbers, kidnappers etc are doing what they do?!

so adding another (major and life changing) mistake to the first makes it better?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2011
Then again, there's always the false notion that abortion is a fun walk in the park.
this is so so far from the truth.

here's a video we all (whether for or against abortion) should see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4gQ6Yug4Js
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by luluosas(m): 3:07pm On Sep 22, 2011
It a sin against God and a sin against humanity. It can never be justified, except under a severe medical conditions as may be advice be a Gynaecologist or other medical personnel.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Orikinla(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2011
Only when the life of the mother would be in danger.

I only approve the following cases.

1. Abort pregnancy from rape.
2. Abort pregnancy if the unborn child would be deformed.
3. Abort pregnancy when it could cost the bearer's life.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by habayommy: 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2011
Image123:

The fool has said in his heart, "there is no God".
The bigger fool opened his mouth and said "there is no God".
The biggest fool typed and posted saying "there is no God".
Why do people not fear God, why?

undecided grin
Tobi_dad:

The choice debate is as old as adam and eve. Who gave any of us the right to decide who lives or dies? I dont subscribe to abortion no matter the circumstances. God wont have created that baby in you for you to decide if it lives or dies. Am the least religious and conservative individual I know of but when it comes to killing defenceless and innocent babies I make a stance.

thank u, i love u:*
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 3:18pm On Sep 22, 2011
Is this what people are advocating for?

Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2011
Carlosein:

this is sterling idiocy.

the child in that image is almost 6 months gone!
that is no longer abortion - that's induced delivery!
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by BABE3: 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2011
@ MrBrownJay

Ultimately, the side we pick on "an abortion debate" depends on our values and beliefs. Nuff said.

Remember this though: when you wake up in the morning to pray to whichever god you beileve in, thank him for keeping you safe in the womb---thank him for not giving people the chance to forcefully flush you out-- smiley

If you're an atheist, thank your stars? Thank evolution-----? Thank yourself?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2011
coogar:

this is sterling idiocy.

it has always been a child from conception. time does not make it more/less a child.

see the video link provided above.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 4:33pm On Sep 22, 2011
Carlosein:

it has always been a child from conception. time does not make it more/less a child.

see the video link provided above.

it's not a child from conception. . . .it's blood in the first trimester.
for it to qualify as a person - it must have a brain, consciousness, etc.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^absolute hogwash! see the link for clarifications.

by the way, the image does say 23 weeks and that's less than 5months.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by coogar: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2011
Carlosein:

^^absolute hogwash! see the link for clarifications.

by the way, the image does say 23 weeks and that's less than 5months.

if 4 weeks make a month.
23 weeks less than 5 months?

you got jokes, mate!
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^my error there, sorry.
however, the facts remain the same.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2011
BABE!:

@ MrBrownJay
Ultimately, the side we pick on "an abortion debate" depends on our values and beliefs. Nuff said.

Remember this though: when you wake up in the morning to pray to whichever god you beileve in, thank him for keeping you safe in the womb---thank him for not giving people the chance to forcefully flush you out-- smiley

dont forget thanking your PARENTS for taking the RIGHT decision in having you when they COULD financially support/feed/clothe and educate you for a minimum of 18yrs. thank them for not being stoopid like the gazillion who have children when they financially/emotionally cant, thank them for understanding that having a child is not a joke AND FINALLY thank them for being there for you all these years and didnt dispose of you in the closest orphanage (like an unwanted pair of jeans)
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by BABE3: 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
^^ Sure thing fam. Done. Don't forget to say your prayers and thank yous too.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 22, 2011
always have!!! as for prayers, sorry, religion has absolutely NOTHING to do with ABORTION. . . . . . . . .but if you want to fool yourself in believing that it has, go ahead! lol
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2011
Carlosein:

all you did was post the pictures of the links i provided above tongue tongue

coogar:

this is sterling idiocy.

whether you want to believe it or NOT, not every woman play by the rules!
some women will be WELL close to term and KILL their unborn children due to spite.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by BABE3: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

as for prayers, sorry, religion has absolutely NOTHING to do with ABORTION. . . . . . . . .but if you want to fool yourself in believing that it has, go ahead! lol

When and Where did I assert that religon has something to do with abortion
I meant prayers, asin
:

BABE!:

Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 23, 2011
^^again sista, prayers/religion have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, therefore i have no idea what you are on about.

saying that i should thank god for the fact that my parents were FINANCIALLY and EMOTIONALLY ready to have me is NONSENSE!!!! the only person responsible for me being here are MY PARENTS. they are the only ones i will thank for making the RIGHT DECISION. . . . . . . .  something that you have yet to understand. dont get it twisted.

i would certainly like to hear what you tell the abandoned orphan begging at the traffic light for his next meal, duh!!!
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by BABE3: 2:12am On Sep 23, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

saying that i should thank god for the fact that my parents were FINANCIALLY and EMOTIONALLY ready to have me is NONSENSE!!!!

Sorry sir. I withdraw my prayer points.

MRbrownJAY:

the only person responsible for me being here are MY PARENTS. they are the only ones i will thank for making the RIGHT DECISION. . . . . . . . something that you have yet to understand. dont get it twisted.

LOL--- Aight. The right decision they made was that they decided to keep you right? They decided not to abort you--
How ironic!

MRbrownJAY:

i would certainly like to hear what you tell the abandoned orphan begging at the traffic light for his next meal, duh!!!

Tell him? Tell him what? Oh--you want him to tell him that his parents should have aborted him right? lol-- I wouldn't say that to a kid. If I was given a chance to say anything to such kid atall, here's what i'd say;

"Kid, it's pretty obvious now that experience is the best teacher. You wouldn't want your kid to be in the condition you're in presently right? Good. To prevent such in the nearest future, thou shalt not have unprotected s@x(or even protected) if you know you aren't ready to bring a child to this world."
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by BABE3: 2:23am On Sep 23, 2011
Again, the side we decide to pick on an abortion debate depends on our beleifs and values. Your values differ from mine.

If you haven't noticed, we've started repeating ourselves<----meaning that this argument is going no where. I'm never gonna be convinced that abortion is "right", and I'm sure you aren't gonna be either. So therefore, I'm out.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Johndoe100(m): 4:16am On Sep 23, 2011
It is only in places like Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia Nigeria, Pakistan and other godforsaken parts of the world that this is even a debate. Abortion should be legalized and available to all women without questions being asked.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by madlady(f): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2011
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 9:36am On Sep 23, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

all you did was post the pictures of the links i provided above tongue tongue

Yes. in my (limited?) experience, folks would generally not click on links. so i thought to just paste to lay emphasis.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 9:48am On Sep 23, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^again sista, prayers/religion have absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, therefore i have no idea what you are on about.

saying that i should thank god for the fact that my parents were FINANCIALLY and EMOTIONALLY ready to have me is NONSENSE!!!! the only person responsible for me being here are MY PARENTS. they are the only ones i will thank for making the RIGHT DECISION. . . . . . . .  something that you have yet to understand. dont get it twisted.

BABE!:

Tell him? Tell him what? Oh--you want him to tell him that his parents should have aborted him right? lol-- I wouldn't say that to a kid. If I was given a chance to say anything to such kid atall, here's what i'd say;

"Kid, it's pretty obvious now that experience is the best teacher. You wouldn't want your kid to be in the condition you're in presently right? Good. To prevent such in the nearest future, thou shalt not have unprotected s@x(or even protected) if you know you aren't ready to bring a child to this world."

best response i've read in a while. He'll probably learn to be grateful that he's alive too (though i doubt pro abortornists would understand this undecided)
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by femmy2010(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2011
BABE!:

Again, the side we decide to pick on an abortion debate depends on our beleifs and values. Your values differ from mine.

You said it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re-prioritize: A Clarion Call To Ladies / 1.1HP 1.5HP 2HP FIRMAN & HISENSE IONIZER BLACK MIRROR INVERTER AIR CONDITIONER / How Do You Chase Away Unwanted Guests?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.