Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,923 members, 7,973,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:35 AM

Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? (13224 Views)

Oath Taking And Thunderbolt, Is It Justified? / Can Snooping EVER Be Justified? / Hitting A Female, can it ever be JUSTIFIED? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
Carlosein:
best response i've read in a while. He'll probably learn to be grateful that he's alive too (though i doubt pro abortornists would understand this undecided)

I won't understand it. I don't know of any child that would be grateful to be alive when he's begging on the streets, eating once a day. Put yourself in these children's shoes first.

It makes no sense to me to bear and raise children when the means to sustain them are not there. That's wickedness. I used Sudan earlier as an example because their women pop babies like there's no tomorrow and they're making $5 a year if they're lucky. I don't see the point of nourishing a fetus for nine months only to bury it eight months later, which is the case with many dying in the Sudanese drought. Most of those they're burying from the drought? Children and babies. Their ages? Some are nine years, some are two years. The most emotional one I heard of was a six month old.

Who looks grateful in this picture?

Abortion is illegal in Sudan. Can you imagine.

I truly dare anyone against abortion to take a trip to an abortion clinic. I did it twice; once when I was writing an English paper, and again with a girl in my dorm who needed a ride there to terminate her ectopic pregnancy. It was the craziest experience. You have the clinic, and then you have protesters outside from early morning till afternoon. They shout at women entering. They hold up graphic posters and picket signs of expelled fetuses, late-term fetuses of course, to scare you. Women are condemned for entering. No one deserves that. It's quite an experience. I truly felt for them. There was a girl crying in the back, you could actually hear her from the waiting room. She sounded young. According to the girl I took, she didn't want to have the abortion but was doing it because she could afford the abortion but not afford to raise the child.

I was once anti-abortion. After my two visits there and hearing from various women and some of the staffing, I quickly changed my mind and promised myself I'd always support them.

No one knows the gravity of anything until they see it with their two eyes, until they experience it themselves. I promised myself to never condemn people I do not know after that trip.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^I simply don't understand the 'under no circumstance'line being propagated by the pro-lifers.Even when it is glaring that certain circumstances make an abortion absolutely necessary. It's just an unreasonable line to take
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by AHA1(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2011
It can be justified wen a father yansh his own daugther . In china there are 30m abortions nd 20m births wat a world.

i agree with u
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2011
BABE!:

Sorry sir. I withdraw my prayer points.

LOL--- Aight. The right decision they made was that they decided to keep you right? They decided not to abort you--
How ironic!

again, you are failing. the right decision they made was to sit down and evaluate if A) they were financially able to CARE for a child and B) if they were emotionally ready to have one. . . . . .  something people like you have yet to understand.

Tell him? Tell him what? Oh--you want him to tell him that his parents should have aborted him right? lol-- I wouldn't say that to a kid. If I was given a chance to say anything to such kid atall, here's what i'd say;

you are confused sista, were you not the one who said i should pray and thank "whoever" for keeping me safe in the womb?! so my question to you is: [color=#990000]who these orphans should "PRAY and THANK" for their miserable lives?! nonsense!

"Kid, it's pretty obvious now that experience is the best teacher. You wouldn't want your kid to be in the condition you're in presently right? Good. To prevent such in the nearest future, thou shalt not have unprotected s@x(or even protected) if you know you aren't ready to bring a child to this world." [/color]

no more prayer to thank anybody for their sad lives then?! how convenient!!!
again, why would you assume that their parents had willing unprotected se.x?! what if they were product of ra.pe? inc.est, con, infidelity, condom failure, stoopidity or simply being labeled a witch child for some BS reason?!
open your damn mind.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2011
[size=13pt]when it comes to r@pe and 'danger to mother' pregnancies i support ab0rtion.
anything other than the above, there is NO EXCUSE.

case closed.[/size]

there is [size=13pt]no reason[/size] a baby should be subjected to such torture esp. when the
mother was not responsible enough to demand that protection was to be used.
that is
[size=14pt]MURDER[/size]. i dont care about tears (yes ogugua i am popping sh0ts in your direction  tongue tongue)
or "i cant afford this baby financially' lines.

[size=18pt]There's something called ADOPTION gademit[/size]!  angry angry angry angry angry

[size=18pt]Wrap it up!!![/size]
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by pendo89(f): 12:19am On Sep 24, 2011
Did I read sudan drought and women making less than $5/year
We have the somalis and the sudanese please let us not confuse the two.
Somali is the region ravaged by drought and are the ones who reproduce like nobody's biz not the sudanese. Forget the media cz I know them too well.
We have 2 sudan republics; north an south. The north is muslim and rich while the new south is predominantly christian and flowing with oil.
one needs to go down to southern sudan and see the fuel guzzlers being driven on those dusty new streets so the issue of $5 per year is history.
Now lets not talk about somalis cz those famine stricken people wear gold bracelets and know where to hide their millions.
Do not ask the source of their wealth cz we all know.

I am now trying to relate the issue of abortion with these 2 groups of people.
Are we implying that abortion which is not common among them would has lessened the effects of drought on kids esp?
Would it have been better for adults to die than children?  no human ought to die but we cannot stop a natural disaster through disaster.

my 2 cents contribution is this
If you do not want to abort avoid getting pregnant.
if it happens by mistake and u dont want the baby,surrender it to a home
If mothers life is in danger abortion is allowed.
If you are a violation victim,go through counselling deliver and give up the baby very fast.

No human has right to take a life but any unwanted human can be given a second chance to live.  I can never compromise on that so to each his own.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 24, 2011
^^^^^ I meant Somalia, I'm sorry. Abortion is illegal in Somalia. Sudan too, but Somalia was the country I was referring to.

Murder is an unlawful killing of a human being. Abortion is termination of an early stage fetus.

Conception isn't only from unprotected sex. Condoms break. Pills don't always work. Don't say abstinence unless you're talking to 14-year-olds because it's 2011.

I do feel some of you are completely forgetting that there's a mother capable of making her own decision involved. Pregnancy involves physical, emotional, and mental strength. You can't say "give it up for adoption" like that's an easy solution because it certainly isn't. Believe it or not, giving a child up for adoption is no easier than having an abortion. Whether she's aborting it or keeping it, she's about to endure physical, mental, and emotional changes that will remain with her for the rest of her life. Whether she can handle that or not? Only she can decide.

Imagine forcing a woman through an unwanted pregnancy. When she spontaneously aborts it, aka miscarries, would you still blame her?

If you ever have an unwanted pregnancy, you can keep it or give it up for adoption. That's your call. No one's going to make that decision for you. No one's going to impose their morals and values on you if you do so, so do the same to others making choices of their own.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 12:36am On Sep 24, 2011
@topic

Some Doctors are fed up and have started complaining that they did not go to Medical for 10 years to kill, but to save lives, so Nurses are going to be administering abortion pills which a lady would have to swallow to induce contraction, then go home to labour, then come back the next day to push out the dead foetus. Hopefully this would get people to be more sensible undecided
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 12:36am On Sep 24, 2011
Carlosein:

^^absolute hogwash! see the link for clarifications.

by the way, the image does say 23 weeks and that's less than 5months.

There's a pics of an [size=14pt]8 weeks old[/size] foetus in this link below, there were more gruesome ones from the website that was gotten from with the fingers, et al fully formed, but i had to settle for the least offensive pics cry Proceed with caution cool

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-593171.0.html#msg7610434
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by horny4u(f): 12:36am On Sep 24, 2011
Can stealing ever be justified Nope !
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2011
I see the fear mongers are back in full swing.Why all the fear mongering with the twisted pics but you (yes you anti-abortionists) disingenuously continue to side step the core issue.'Can abortion ever be justified'?If your answer is in the negative,even at the risk to the mum?Or even if the fetus has acute congenital disorder or defect?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 24, 2011
Busy_body:
@topic

Some Doctors are fed up and have started complaining that they did not go to Medical for 10 years to kill, but to save lives, so Nurses are going to be administering abortion pills which a lady would have to swallow to induce contraction, then go home to labour, then come back the next day to push out the dead foetus. Hopefully this would get people to be more sensible undecided

Lol, so who forces these doctors to work at abortion clinics? Did they fill out a job application and sit through interviews at gunpoint?

Unless you're referring to the abortion pill that is given no later than 9 weeks of pregnancy, which is when it is just ending the embryonic stage, what you've just mentioned is illegal.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 1:58am On Sep 24, 2011
ogugua88:

Lol, so who forces these doctors to work at abortion clinics? Did they fill out a job application and sit through interviews at gunpoint?

Unless you're referring to the abortion pill that is given no later than 16 weeks of pregnancy, what you've just mentioned is illegal.

Er. . . is abortion only done at abortion clinics undecided

Time would tell cool Oh google is your friend too cool

cold:

I see the fear mongers are back in full swing.Why all the fear mongering with the twisted pics but you (yes you anti-abortionists) disingenuously continue to side step the core issue.'Can abortion ever be justified'?If your answer is in the negative,even at the risk to the mum?Or even if the fetus has acute congenital disorder or defect?

Hold on Cold, i will be with you in a minute yeah, just need to attend to this post urgently, i dey come oh,

#The mind revolts against certain opinions, as the stomach rejects certain foods (WILLIAM HAZLITT)
#Opponents fancy they refute us when they repeat their own opinion and pay no attention to ours (JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE)
#Its name is public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles everything. Some think it is the voice of God. (MARK TWAIN)

Whassup trouble, i am back, hope i did not keep you waiting too long, eh ehn now i have your undivided attention. So you were saying . . . tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 2:05am On Sep 24, 2011
grin grin I luv me a lil sense of humour but you still ingenuously sidestepped the crux of the issue.I guess i'll never get a straight answer anyways because we all know the truth of the matter but some would rather choose to introduce sophistry and highly ornamented language to embellish the cold hard truth
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 2:25am On Sep 24, 2011
cold:

grin grin I luv me a lil sense of humour but you still ingenuously sidestepped the crux of the issue.I guess i'll never get a straight answer anyways because we all know the truth of the matter but some would rather choose to introduce sophistry and highly ornamented language to embellish the cold hard truth

But how can i give a straight answer with this oyinbo no go finish heavily worded question embarassed If not that it will take me the better part of a day to suss out the meaning of the big words such as Ingenuous:Sidestep:Sophistry:Ornamented:Embellish, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera embarassed

Dang how I hate backing down from challenges angry And especially such simple one as this angry How unfortunate tongue

I am not running oh, far from it, it is just unfortunate that I don't have the time to do justice to the question, yeah thats it tongue tongue grin
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 2:27am On Sep 24, 2011
ok cheesy
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 2:43am On Sep 24, 2011
cold:

ok cheesy

I am not running i swear, its just that i need a thesaurus and dictionary to understand your question thats all tongue You believe me, don't you embarassed embarassed embarassed tongue grin
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 2:49am On Sep 24, 2011
of course I do!I can be that understanding cool
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 24, 2011
Busy_body:
Er. . . is abortion only done at abortion clinics undecided

Time would tell cool Oh google is your friend too cool

Google gini? Er, would women put their lives in such jeopardy if abortion was legal?

In the United States, a majority of pro-lifers are also the ones shouting that they don't want government in their lives. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 3:46am On Sep 24, 2011
cold:

of course I do!I can be that understanding cool

yeye grin grin grin

ogugua88:

Google gini? Er, would women put their lives in such jeopardy if abortion was legal?
In the United States, a majority of pro-lifers are also the ones shouting that they don't want government in their lives. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Is abortion illegal everywhere undecided

And surely if abortion was illegal, more people would learn to close their legs and there would be less people indulging in it due to the risks posed by quacks

Under what context don't pro-lifers want the Government on their case and in their lives
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 24, 2011
Where are they giving pills to women to induce contractions, sending them home, and then having them returning the following day to for expulsion of fetuses? Partial-birth abortions are illegal in the United States in most cases, including medical. I was going based on what you said.

Illegality is not a deterrent. That's why we have criminals.

Pro-lifers are mostly conservatives, mostly hailing from the mid-west and south of the United States. I don't think liberals and democrats are the ones shouting at government to get out of their lives.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 4:15am On Sep 24, 2011
ogugua88:

Where are they giving pills to women to induce contractions, sending them home, and then having them returning the following day to for expulsion of fetuses? Partial-birth abortions are illegal in the United States in most cases, including medical. I was going based on what you said.

Illegality is not a deterrent. That's why we have criminals.

That is why i helpfully helped you juggled your memory that abortion is not only carried out in abortion clinics but other places such as Public Hospitals for one, which are staffed by Doctors and Nurses.

That is why I helpfully helped you juggle your memory that abortion is not illegal in all Countries meaning again that some are carried out Public Hospitals staffed again by Doctors anD Nurses.

The baby is alive during a Partial Birth abortion which can be carried out until 39 weeks. What I said was " the lady would return the next day to give birth to a dead baby which she knowingly swallowed a pill to kill". And again, this would be administered by a Nurse.

ogugua88:

Pro-lifers are mostly conservatives, mostly hailing from the mid-west and south of the United States. I don't think liberals and democrats are the ones shouting at government to get out of their lives.

Assumptions are y'know. . .
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 24, 2011
Maybe the best solution to compromise some of this, is Plan B The morning after pill, in cases of failed birth control, lack of planning( not good!), rape, etc.  It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a potential pregnancy from happening after unprotected s,ex. It can be taken for up to 3 days after!!!
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by ibbinfo(m): 4:27am On Sep 24, 2011
Pills or no pills abortion is never a good idea for any God fearing man on earth.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 24, 2011
Busy_body:
That is why i helpfully helped you juggled your memory that abortion is not only carried out in abortion clinics but other places such as Public Hospitals for one, which are staffed by Doctors and Nurses.

That is why I helpfully helped you juggle your memory that abortion is not illegal in all Countries meaning again that some are carried out Public Hospitals staffed again by Doctors anD Nurses.

The baby is alive during a Partial Birth abortion which can be carried out until 39 weeks. What I said was "  the lady would return the next day to give birth to a dead baby which she knowingly swallowed a pill to kill". And again, this would be administered by a Nurse.

Assumptions are y'know.  .  .

You didn't helpfully help me. You dodgefully dodged a question. I'll post it here again: Where are they giving pills to women to induce contractions, sending them home, and then having them returning the following day for expulsion of fetuses? <--- That practice is illegal in the United States, and I'm assuming most of the western world has followed suit. Again, if it's legally being done and you have a source, please provide it.

We've been referring to the United States, where they are not performed in public hospitals.

I don't know who said abortion is illegal in all countries. It certainly wasn't me.

Partial birth abortions are illegal in the United States. Late-term abortions make up less than 2% of abortions performed in the US. Those 2% are only for extreme medical conditions and sometimes fetal deformations. The only abortion pill I know of is the one administered no later than the ninth week in most cases. If you're referring to another country, please mention where.

The term "baby" is used so loosely. I'm sure you can google the end results of a first-trimester pill abortion. Hardly a baby.

Pro-life advocates are mostly conservatives and republicans. "Get government out of our lives" folks are mostly conservatives and republicans. The demographics of states where abortions are illegal or difficult to have are in the south, which are mostly conservatives and republicans. Those are facts, not assumptions. If you want me to back them I will. Can you do the same for yours?
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by femmy2010(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2011
For me the only completely satisfactory solution to the abortion problem is to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Once an undesired conception occurs, an emergency arises that introduces complexities, difficulties, and compromises one would prefer to avoid but cannot.
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 8:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
ogugua88:

You didn't helpfully help me. You dodgefully dodged a question. I'll post it here again: Where are they giving pills to women to induce contractions, sending them home, and then having them returning the following day for expulsion of fetuses? <--- That practice is illegal in the United States, and I'm assuming most of the western world has followed suit. Again, if it's legally being done and you have a source, please provide it.

I have not dodged nada, i don't have to indulge antagonistic questions so again my response is google is your friend undecided Honestly i haven't made it up, but the truth is i am too lazy to dredge this up, but will find the time i promise cool It is UK i am talking about, they are always pioneers whilst other Countries do follow follow, so don't worry America would soon catch up with them tongue

ogugua88:

We've been referring to the United States, where they are not performed in public hospitals.

I don't remember neither you opening this thread, nor coming in to stipulate from the start that the topic should only discuss abortions in America, or do you undecided And ain't it funny how someone pulled up a pics of a starving Sudanese to butress a point yet here i am being told off and told to go sit on the naughty steps for going off tangent and referring to other Countries too cheesy Oh the irony lipsrsealed

ogugua88:

I don't know who said abortion is illegal in all countries. It certainly wasn't me.

Er. . . you were the one who said Doctors are not forced to seek job appointment in abortion clinics and i corrected you that abortion also takes place in normal Hospitals [b]too.[/b]Then you muddied the water by saying "Google gini? Er, would women put their lives in such jeopardy if abortion was legal?", to which i responded that this new procedure i mentioned is to be done by qualified Nurses in normal Hospital, including Government owned ones, whereas the old method was done by Doctors before.

ogugua88:

Partial birth abortions are illegal in the United States. Late-term abortions make up less than 2% of abortions performed in the US. Those 2% are only for extreme medical conditions and sometimes fetal deformations. The only abortion pill I know of is the one administered no later than the ninth week in most cases. If you're referring to another country, please mention where.

Dunno why you keep getting muddled up and throwing partial birth abortion into the mix, and this is why i somewhere defined partial birth abortion for you that it is carried out up to 39 weeks pregnancy by inducing labour, yanking out the baby midway by force whilst still alive, then the Doctor kills that baby and throws it in the bin (well they get recycled by being used in most childhood vaccines to keep those whose parents didn't abort them alive), WHILST the new method i mentioned entails you taking a pill which induces labour and at the same time kills the foetus and then forces one to have a contraction which expels the dead foetus the second day. Set aside your emotions then hopefully you would clearly see I am not talking about partial birth abortion.

And apparently 80% of these D&E and partial abortion are carried out for non-medical reasons. Babies come out whenever God says it is time, and now 25 weeks babies and less are being born and are surviving, so i wanna ask what happens in such scenario that one has a slatted abortion date for lets say week 32 (remember these abortion procedure are legal till 39 weeks), and the baby decides to come forth in week 30, would one be charged for feticide or infanticide if one uses a pillow to snuff out this unwanted foetus or should one be allowed to walk scotfree since the foetus was not wanted in the first instance undecided

Case in point - my pikin alway come out 39 weeks old exactly and come out 71.5cm tall, which is the equivalent of a one year old baby, which prolly means they could have been fitting into clothing for 6 months old baby whilst they were still inside aged let me guess maybe 30 weeks old! and na dis kain thing una dey call foetus shocked Osanobua shocked

They kept calling him long baby, tall baby and I didn't know anything was amiss until i got home and all the clothing sized 0-3months/3-6months/6-9months/9-12months did not fit him and i went into panic mode shocked . . .and once my Mum was like "why does he have 25 pairs of brown trouser", i was like "one is denim, one is corduroy, one is linen, one is combat, abegi leave me alone biko, do you know how hard it is to shop for boys" angry They only get a small corner in any shop and its all blue, brown and every shade of grey angry cheesy

ogugua88:

The term "baby" is used so loosely. I'm sure you can google the end results of a first-trimester pill abortion. Hardly a baby.

Yeah right, the 8 weeks old pics i posted overleaf depicts the limbs of an elephant right undecided

ogugua88:

Pro-life advocates are mostly conservatives and republicans. "Get government out of our lives" folks are mostly conservatives and republicans. The demographics of states where abortions are illegal or difficult to have are in the south, which are mostly conservatives and republicans. Those are facts, not assumptions. If you want me to back them I will. Can you do the same for yours?

Not only America has pro-life advocates ya know, so what is all this speculative talks about their political leaning and demographics undecided
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Busybody2(f): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2011
@cold

I still full ground oh and nefa run, its is just that i am so busy i don't even have the time to type a one line response, i am that pressed for time tongue I don't even have the time to spare just one minute on NL tongue
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 2:35am On Sep 29, 2011
^^Take your time dearie,I'm a very patient man cool
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2011
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by cold(m): 11:16am On Oct 04, 2011
^^& your point is. . .
Re: Can Abortion Ever Be Justified? by Carlosein(m): 11:48am On Oct 04, 2011
Did you click on the link?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banker Accuses Father-in-law Of Abducting, Renaming Son (pics) / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! / Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.