Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,897 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:04 PM

Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government (73513 Views)

Lagos Government To Investigate Hospital Where Rico Swavey Was Rushed To / Iyabo Ojo Slammed With Tax Of N38 Million By Lagos Government / Ogbonna Kanu Slammed After Amara Kanu Called Him Oloshi Oloriburuku, Borrow Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by izibili44: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2023
I don't really know much about her tax . If truly she is owing such amount I m not against her paying. But if it's a punishment for speaking against the government then it's not fair.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by YouandiAllofus: 10:25am On Jun 06, 2023
princemillla:

The law clearly stated. Going to jail for a debt offence doesnt erase such debt.
Okay, maybe she need to relocate to ogun state then. That amount is more than enough to get her a nice apartment in a high-brow area in abeokuta.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by 1Dray(m): 10:34am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Ladies first... Start by showing us your tax clearance certificate and I will gladly upload mine

My company is duly registered

I'm not a lady, besides I asked you first.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2023
jnig:

She didnt shirk from her responsibility to pay her personal income tax nor did she show any unwillingness to pay. As stated, she had even gone to the office as requested accompanied by letters of clarifiacation as to the unfair demands from the government. Her concern is the outrageous amounts the governmentis demanding. Her query is how they came about the amounts they are demanding. Are you saying that Lagos state is a jungle were the strong prey over the weak because they are in government? Even if her political stand is a pain in the as.. of the government, does that give them the right to ask her to pay what is not due as tax?

As for choice to spend her money as she she chose, what has that got to do with you? Certainly, she will pay her dues but only what she ought to pay. However, the gimmicks and threats will not suffice in making her pay beyond what she is supposed ti pay. As for the campaign against her, it will expire soon.

Have you forgotten she was almost dragged to court in 2019 for 38m tax debt. Everyone criticised her then. Even you guys supporting her now because she aligned with your political choice. The lady is a serial defaulter. Stop defending here.

This is the link to the thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5414190/iyabo-ojo-slammed-tax-n38

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 10:38am On Jun 06, 2023
sniperr007:

For her to have a tax of 7 million. Do you know much much she earned that year?

It's outrageous to think she earned that much based on her lifestyle.
There is either miscalculation or witchhunting

She is a serial defaulter. Same thing happened in '2019' ... Even when we've not had this obidients vs APC issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by karmaolu1(m): 10:43am On Jun 06, 2023
Thank God we have only four working days and we don't pay tax in my State grin
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Musaspp(m): 10:54am On Jun 06, 2023
She should pay up the tax, since she could afford a 37,000,000.00NGN dress. LASG, if she doesn't, please, arrest and prosecute her effectively!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by kelly72: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2023
HacheNoire:
The same people that will tell you Nigeria is not like UK.

Common tax, they cannot pay!

Same Obidient that was running her mouth like she is a good citizens and ambassador for change, cannot pay common state tax!

She is just a scam like Peter!

All of this because she did not support deug barons to come to power. How much do butchers like MC Oluomo pay as tax?

I Know at least one APC man in Lagos who keeps giving out fake addresses in every correspondent and he told me he wanted to keep the tax people guessing.

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by toprealman: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2023
isan:
They did not witch hunt falz ,macaroni or psquare but it's iyabo they are witch hunting ? Just know that iyabo has been evading tax since 2019
Bullies pick their victims wisely.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by toprealman: 11:17am On Jun 06, 2023
isan:
They did not witch hunt falz ,macaroni or psquare but it's iyabo they are witch hunting ? Just know that iyabo has been evading tax since 2019
Bullies pick their victims wisely. Besides, it won't be bad showing evidence of Tax payment by the aforementioned.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by KingPure(m): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Lagos govt. gives Iyabo Ojo 7 days to pay N18million or go to jail.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/06/05/lagos-govt-gives-iyabo-ojo-7-days-to-pay-n18million-or-go-to-jail/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

SHE REACTS

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/iyabo-ojo-calls-out-sanwo-olu-lagos-state-over-naira18-million-tax-request/wjqwj2s?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

If you're not ashamed to dance like a musketeer against your intuition, then you're permitted to enjoy the brunt alone. When one learns to dance publicly without shame, then one should also be ready for the privileges that come with such naivety.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Pamellakimona: 11:37am On Jun 06, 2023
HacheNoire:

Same Obidient that was running her mouth like she is a good citizens and ambassador for change, cannot pay common state tax!

HOW DID YOU LEARN HOW TO TYPE IN ENGLISH WITHOUT LEARNING GOOD MANNERS? I KNEW THE ONLY REASON YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE LASG ON THIS IS BECAUSE SHE IS OBIDIENT.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Christistruth03: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2023
But Iyabo Ojo could afford to Wear a N38 Million Dress to the Africa Magic Award Night

What is a measly N18 Million for her

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Christistruth03: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2023
lhordspy:
I remember during the election period she was running her mouth: 'Lagos government is not working, we will chase them out, We are in bondage'.
Now Lagos is ready to work. The change is starting from you. It is either you pay your tax or go to jail. Where do you think government get money to do all these things you demanded for? To build roads, electricity, hospitals. Through money ritual or plucked from tree? Pay your tax iyabo. Your lamentation sob-stories cannot save you. Fvcking defaulter.

The entity was asking the Lagos State Government if they had ever offered her any assistance with her business and that she that single-handedly raised her kids blah blah blah. Is this Iyabo or a body-double? The same Iyab0 Ojo who antagonised Sanwo Olu's bid for a second term in exchange for social media validations. The 'I am Yoruba, but I don't think in Yoruba" gang.

This werrey was alleged to have declared a 40m naira return as income. This same faker declared she bought a dress of N37.5m for AMVCA award, and even threatened to sue a guy that recreated the dress at cheaper price. But crying over tax of N18m.

Please, Iyabo dont pay. You already brought the issue to social media instead of appealing or beg for mercy secretly. The same social media peeps you have always been trying to please will be the one to buy bread for you to eat your prison beans. Please dont pay within 7days. Nonsense ! Omo ale oshi

This is for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by XAUBulls: 11:56am On Jun 06, 2023
lhordspy:
Lagos govt. gives Iyabo Ojo 7 days to pay N18million or go to jail.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/06/05/lagos-govt-gives-iyabo-ojo-7-days-to-pay-n18million-or-go-to-jail/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

SHE REACTS

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/iyabo-ojo-calls-out-sanwo-olu-lagos-state-over-naira18-million-tax-request/wjqwj2s?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
She should pay up what is fair and due... grin But then, is the Governor the person Iyabo should be talking to here? Payment of taxes are mandatory in many Western countries and you will be prosecuted if you default.

Only 500,000 citizens/residents of Lagos State were paying taxes as revealed by former Governor Akinwumi Ambode. Meanwhile, over 20 million live in that small land mass called Lagos State with the attendant pressures on facilities. Who does that?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by sharpwriter(m): 11:57am On Jun 06, 2023
sukkot:
alaye i dey look you side eye
Baba, thanks for the other day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by lhordspy: 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
KingPure:

If you're not ashamed to dance like a musketeer against your intuition, then you're permitted to enjoy the brunt alone. When one learns to dance publicly without shame, then one should also be ready for the privileges that come with such naivety.

Interesting.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by tabaralph: 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
lhordspy:
I remember during the election period she was running her mouth: 'Lagos government is not working, we will chase them out, We are in bondage'.
Now Lagos is ready to work. The change is starting from you. It is either you pay your tax or go to jail. Where do you think government get money to do all these things you demanded for? To build roads, electricity, hospitals. Through money ritual or plucked from tree? Pay your tax iyabo. Your lamentation sob-stories cannot save you. Fvcking defaulter.

The entity was asking the Lagos State Government if they had ever offered her any assistance with her business and that she that single-handedly raised her kids blah blah blah. Is this Iyabo or a body-double? The same Iyab0 Ojo who antagonised Sanwo Olu's bid for a second term in exchange for social media validations. The 'I am Yoruba, but I don't think in Yoruba" gang.

This werrey was alleged to have declared a 40m naira return as income. This same faker declared she bought a dress of N37.5m for AMVCA award, and even threatened to sue a guy that recreated the dress at cheaper price. But crying over tax of N18m.

Please, Iyabo dont pay. You already brought the issue to social media instead of appealing or beg for mercy secretly. The same social media peeps you have always been trying to please will be the one to buy bread for you to eat your prison beans. Please dont pay within 7days. Nonsense ! Omo ale oshi
Oil dey your head…

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Teeklef(m): 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2023
simpleseyi:

If you call the Iragbiji godfather of all godfathers an slowpoke, what do we call your parents then?

You said carried their wealth to Lagos, are you talking the same ones selling Gala and La Casera inside Lagos holdups or the ones operating baby factories all over the country?
So you don't know gala and LA Casera are great wealth abi😂😂.....dey play.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by isan(m): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Witch hunting or not she need to pay her tax
toprealman:

Bullies pick their victims wisely. Besides, it won't be bad showing evidence of Tax payment by the aforementioned.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by kazma1010(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
She no how to do olosho nw, or her baby girl will do olosho for her to get the money
lhordspy:

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by kazma1010(m): 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
Na olosho she b, she no get money if she no see person to call her she can't get money and she is using the opportunity to look for guys
HacheNoire:

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Skillful001: 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
On25:
she was not the only one that didn't supported APC. Mr Macaroni, falz n d likes didn't support APC too. If she isn't a defaulter she will not be call out. She should do the needful n not come to social media to rant

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by Teeklef(m): 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
BOUNTYDOG:

But is 18m not too much for tax
No good roads
No electricity
No security
I dont support the govt on this
But is 37m not too much for a cloth😂
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by shepherd316: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is power-madness, why are they compelling her to pay such amount of money, what in hell has come upon Lagos govt? What is demicratic about this when the law enforcement is selecting certain persons to bear huge tax burden, i already anticipated calamity in this balablu regime. APC is carrying out govt functions on Nepotism, tribalism, and tyranny. Most Yorubas will turn blind eyes to this because their cultural beliefs and traditions don't support practical humanity, their ego and emotions always cloud their judgement. Why on earth will any reasonable human support injustice done to others because of allegiance to ethnic bigotry. I'm Yoruba, but i totally detest hypocrisy, tyranny and bigotry; I'm first a citizen of a nation that support humanity.
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by sukkot: 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
sharpwriter:

Baba, thanks for the other day...
no wahala boss wink

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by shepherd316: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
izibili44:
I don't really know much about her tax . If truly she is owing such amount I m not against her paying. But if it's a punishment for speaking against the government then it's not fair.
Bros 18m, how many companies does she has, let's be logical here na shocked
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by sukkot: 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
ShaqFu:
bros no reason am, na common knowledge. 😁😁😁
grin grin
Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by sukkot: 1:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
Solofresh2:
grin That woman get wide mouth no be small
its true grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo Slammed With ₦18M Tax By Lagos Government by shepherd316: 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
lhordspy:

Have you forgotten she was almost dragged to court in 2019 for 38m tax debt. Everyone criticised her then. Even you guys supporting her now because she aligned with your political choice. The lady is a serial defaulter. Stop defending here.

This is the link to the thread:
Bros, show us the millions you have paid as tax debt, then i will believe you are not acting on political partiality

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mompha Flies First Class, Rocks Face Mask / Hushpuppi Hangs Out With Wizkid In Dubai (Photo) / Increase Police Salary - Erica Nlewedim Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.